Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 06:53 PM   #76  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post
I actually have a weigh in tomorrow morning with my coach, but I've already switched to using my scale at home so I know where I'm at.
Where you're at seems to be a really good place. Boy, you've still doing well.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:57 PM   #77  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunbumblebee View Post
i'm sitting at my desk having my IP peanut butter bar, and in between bites i'm SMELLING the bar. yes ladies and gents, i caught myself literally HUFFING this bar between bites. sad part is that i didn't even notice i was doing it until i was halfway through the bar. i guess since i haven't been around any sweets for 9 days my body is savoring anything it can get its hands...or nose...on!
Yeah, well, just don't inhale too deeply. I have this thing about people with peanuts up their noses.

Last edited by Linden; 02-08-2011 at 06:58 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:25 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 288/268.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Has anybody else had the protein changes confirmed by their coach? One of the coaches at my clinic was able to confirm the raise for meat to 7oz, but never said anything about the fish.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:27 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 264.5/183/165

Height: 5ft3

I actually bought a size 14 short levi's tonight and they fit perfect! Woot Woot! I have been struggling the last two weeks trying to stay on track to lose the last 20lbs to hit goal, I think I just found a bit of inspiration.

No more self sabatoge! Moving forward to hit the finish line!
Old 02-08-2011, 08:33 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 151/136.6/125

Height: 5ft. 3in.

Cool 1st Weigh In

Hi all, I had my first WI today and lost 5.2 lbs! (even though MY scale says 6) it's ok because my WI was at 5:30pm. So cool! This program works, and I'm definitely not as sluggish as I was pre-IP. I've actually been cooking! This is something new to me, as I always resorted to easy to make, high carb foods. I gave chicken a go and it turned out good (i used salt-free Mrs. Dash for chicken). This forum is absolutely amazing, and I'm so glad I found it because I am my coach's first client.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:36 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Where do you find a coach? No one ever mentioned a coach at my initial meeting (which is at a clinic) I guess I'll ask next week unless anyone has any advice!
Old 02-08-2011, 08:53 PM   #82  

S/C/G: HW255/IP223/ticker/GW160

Height: 5'6"

hoping i did the right thing...
i made baked tilapia tonight for me and hubby. when i weighed it, it only came out to 3.5oz. i didnt have any fish left, so i scrambled up one whole egg with an egg white. hope that was ok??
Old 02-08-2011, 08:55 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 153/129/120-125

Height: 5'1"

Default Splenda?!

We are allowed to use splenda, aren`t we?? I have it in my mind that we can, but I made the Amish slaw in the recipe thread and it is so good it makes me feel like I`m not eating on plan. It has splenda in it. I did cut back on how much and cut back on the oil also. Can someone just confirm that splenda IS okay, please?!
Old 02-08-2011, 08:56 PM   #84  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
Life has just been crazy. We've had stuff going on in the evenings, we were out of town last weekend and then all the stuff that I have been trying to take care of before surgery (errands, pedi, grocery shopping, etc) means that I have barely had any time to get online. Oh well!
Good luck on your surgery-- wishing you a speedy recovery and the perfect perk!!!!! I am green with envy... come back to us soon -- I miss reading all your posts - I always find your posts so funny, candid and helpful.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:58 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 226/226/160

Height: 5'8

Day 9 and still cheat free! It is either the first week or third week that catches up to me and is super challenging. Any suggestions for satisfying a peanut butter craving? So funny, when I am not watching what I eat I don't even want it but as soon as I start IP I crave it like crazy. Maybe my body freaking out about the reduction in fat and so craving a fatty food?

I tried a Ginger Snap herbal tea blended with a vanilla pudding, a dash of cinnamon and vanilla as is found in the recipe section. Heavenly! I don't know how I could do this without all you all's wonderful recipe ideas! Thanks a billion! I am going to have a cherry cinnamon herbal tea blended with a chocolate pudding next!

Great work everyone!
Old 02-08-2011, 09:04 PM   #86  
Started IP 1/3/11

S/C/G: 198.9/167.3/150

Height: 5'4"

Just got back from WI#5 and I am down 3.6 lbs and 5 inches!! Yay!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammers View Post
I actually bought a size 14 short levi's tonight and they fit perfect! Woot Woot! I have been struggling the last two weeks trying to stay on track to lose the last 20lbs to hit goal, I think I just found a bit of inspiration.

Way to go!! Doesn't it feel great to go down a size!?!? I put on my 8s this morning and had the reaction of....OMG they fit!!!
Old 02-08-2011, 09:06 PM   #87  

S/C/G: HW255/IP223/ticker/GW160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30flirtyandthriving View Post
Day 9 and still cheat free! It is either the first week or third week that catches up to me and is super challenging. Any suggestions for satisfying a peanut butter craving? So funny, when I am not watching what I eat I don't even want it but as soon as I start IP I crave it like crazy. Maybe my body freaking out about the reduction in fat and so craving a fatty food?

I tried a Ginger Snap herbal tea blended with a vanilla pudding, a dash of cinnamon and vanilla as is found in the recipe section. Heavenly! I don't know how I could do this without all you all's wonderful recipe ideas! Thanks a billion! I am going to have a cherry cinnamon herbal tea blended with a chocolate pudding next!

Great work everyone!
have u tried the ip peanut butter bars? they are delish! just remember it is a restricted food.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:34 PM   #88  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Oh yummy yellow squash, where have you been all my life?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyWit View Post
Good luck on your surgery-- wishing you a speedy recovery and the perfect perk!!!!! I am green with envy... come back to us soon -- I miss reading all your posts - I always find your posts so funny, candid and helpful.
Aww, thanks Cheeky! I'll be sure to check in here on Thursday night or Friday (depending on how I'm feeling). I took before shots today (shudder), so I can't wait to see the afters! You'll see my posts a lot more after surgery - I'll be off work for 3 weeks, what else am I going to do?
Old 02-08-2011, 09:35 PM   #89  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbf410 View Post
I am so excited. Went for my WI yesterday and I'm down 4 pounds! I've been up and down at the same weight for the last month or so (yes my fault). IT was very exciting to see the numbers drop. Here's to another week 100% OP so I can do it again.
CONGRATULATIONS -- I love it when the scale moves down !!!! You are doing so well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
Good Morning!!!! I went to bed about 9;30pm last night si I was awake at 4am! I drank water and waited til now to make my first protein shake of the day-yum! Its wonderful to desire to eat only healthy foods !

Today was my offficial 1 week weigh in- down 7 pounds exactly. Now onto week 2, which is usually a small loss, but I'll am so motivated by this gorgeous dress.
YIPEEEE on an awesome first week loss!!! The dress in your avatar is beautiful!!! I agree with other posters you might want to go 2 or more sizes smaller (if they tailor the dress too much ... say 3 or more sizes it might change the lines and flow of the dress--just a thought) No doubt you will be lovely in the dress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegsi View Post
So after some really bad cheats 2 weeks ago and then TOM last week I finally bore witness to the downward motion of my scale this morning! Thank the heavens above! I was starting to rethink this second go on the program! My faith has been restored and I am super excited to keep on fighting the fat! I WILL be skinny by summer!
I am very happy for me and very happy for all of us! Keep fighting ladies and gents its worth it in the long run!
BRAVO--- you have some serious willpower and tenacity!!!! You will be skinny by summer if not before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawndragon View Post
Good morning gang. Yesterday's WI showed 2 more pounds down for a total of 27. Still on course and reaching for Onderland. Everyone have a great week!
CONGRATULATIONS -- you are getting closer and closer to onderland!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by damascho View Post
Good Morning Everyone!
I have officially been on the Ideal Protein for nine days. After the first seven days, I was down nine lbs! Woo Hoo. The last two days, I have either not lost, or gained a pound. What's going on? I'm drinking a lot of water, no pop, following the diet. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm just looking for some words of encouragement. Thank you so much. -Dawn
Nice job on the 1st week weigh in!!!!! Keep at it -- you will see -- watch how your body changes shape -- that too is pretty impressive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamarix1 View Post
I had my first weigh in today (12 lbs. 5")
This is so awesome! I can't wait to continue. I lost the weight in 2 weeks, but we were snowed in last week so I couldn't get out. I had to use EAS shakes in a pinch, taste crappy, but didn't do any harm.
AWESOME week 1 -- I bet it makes you a believer (in the program and more importantly in yourself) keep coming back and sharing and keep working the program

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeFan14040 View Post
I just wanted to post my NSVs that I had this week. I'm on day 25 of IP and I had to go down a belt loop on my work belt yesterday. My keys and radio were pulling them down! And today a fellow officer said, "Guy, you're withering away to nothing. You want a ham sandwich or something"? I was just getting to a bored spot and these two NSVs gave me the shot of motivation that I needed! Hope everyone is meeting their goals and having a great day.
That is a fantastic NSV - belt loop down and a compliment from another guy (yes I know you are a guy) it a very very telling NSV --no doubt you will make your goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammers View Post

Happy fashion NSV -- I love new jeans and ones that fit...YIPEEEEE!!!!! New clothes are always great inspiration (as are before pictures)

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly30 View Post
Hi all, I had my first WI today and lost 5.2 lbs! (even though MY scale says 6) it's ok because my WI was at 5:30pm. So cool! This program works, and I'm definitely not as sluggish as I was pre-IP. I've actually been cooking! This is something new to me, as I always resorted to easy to make, high carb foods. I gave chicken a go and it turned out good (i used salt-free Mrs. Dash for chicken). This forum is absolutely amazing, and I'm so glad I found it because I am my coach's first client.
BRAVO - that is a fantastic week 1 weigh in!!!!!! You made it and now you know the program works -- makes it so much easier to keep at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rach can do it View Post
Just got back from WI#5 and I am down 3.6 lbs and 5 inches!! Yay!!!
A NSV changing sizes and a fantastic week 5 WI.... YAAAAHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh and inches lost... maybe you should go buy a lottery ticket as this looks to be a great week for you
Old 02-08-2011, 09:36 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 226/226/160

Height: 5'8

Thanks, for the suggestion but is it the Vanilla Peanut Bar? Is that the one you mean? I haven't seen a peanut butter bar...but I found one on Nashua Nutrition, the Healthsmart brand. I won't have it more than a quarter or a fifth at a time so it is more like a piece of candy when I am going crazy and nearing a disaster.
Closed Thread