Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 07:58 AM   #316  
JSP
Started IP 10/3/10

S/C/G: 164/129/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnymae View Post
I had my first dinner party with my oldest friends tonite. Most of them hadn't seen me since I started IP in October. I was very relaxed about having foods (on phase 4 now) that I hadn't had in ages including rice crackers with hummus. I alternated with fresh cut veggies for balance and ate reasonably for the main meal, including a small piece of sf low carb choc. cake for dessert.
If I'm wrong someone correct me, but in my literature we are allowed one day a week of 2-3 cookies or a muffin or small piece of cake. I thought I'd check that out this evening.
I realized while they were all drinking alcohol and I was drinking sparkling water, that I was still cracking up at all the jokes and old stories we tell over an over again as the years go by, and that it didn't matter much what I was eating or not either.
It felt good to be out of the IP "bubble" for a night and re-integrate.
Challenge...coming home wanting more sweets and feeling the emotional hook lurking. I'm feeling it now, but I'm having a chai tea instead. The pull is strong and I imagine something one must grapple with if not everyday,then certainly on very many days.
My tiny body is both amazing and frightening looking to me. It's freaky, but I can't remember what I looked like before, and I almost can't remember how I lost the weight. I know I did all the work and went thru the phases, but I'm disassociated from the experience. Any shrinks out there?
I hope I've given voice to someone else's thoughts or experiences in addition to my own,and thanks for listening to my midnight ramble.
Sunnymae,

Thanks for posting. I don't have answers for you but feel the same way. Reading your insight, and replies (thanks Svelting) is helpful. Funny, but a successful diet isn't just about loosing the weight. Life after is a whole new challenge.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:22 AM   #317  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Height: 5'4"

Well I woke up this morning discouraged. I need to keep reminding myself, that I have lost 35 pounds, and yes, I have gained a few back, I did not lose those 35 pounds overnight. I am only 1 week home from vacation and 5 days back on protocol. What did I suspect I'd see. Darn it Susan, its not gonna fall off over night.
It was just coming off so nicely, and now, this morning, its back up again! I know, I know, get off the damn scale! LOL!
Last time, it took 9 days before I saw things happen, so I suppose that seeing such a huge drop after the first day gave me false hopes! LOL!

Linden - I found that post. Wow.......LMAO! That is pretty funny!

Peggy - You coming home this summer? I gave our girl my truck! LOL! She got her license on Friday, and her car isn't licensed, so she's driving my truck. She looks so tiny in it! LOL! Atleast if she follows tradition and hits the ditch or drives into a field, she's in a 4 X 4!!!!

Mrs. D - Have we had some good suggestions? Like I said in my PM, No matter what the group is called, I wanna be part of it! ;-)

Sunnymae - You know, even though I am not on Phase 4, I feel your pain. As soon as I am off for a bit, I want more and more and more. I am scared about moving down the phases, because I haven't retrained myself yet.
As for your new you! I think I'm Svelting gave some awesome tips! Try Yoga, to put you in touch with the new you, and enjoy it! Try not to forget the old you (physical you) because that way, its easier to not go back there.

Darbs - When are you back? I hope you are having a great vacation and the weather is nice!

OFF TOPIC - I am sitting here typing as my son is standing on my dresser, flapping his arms, telling me he thinks its gonna work. I say, What's gonna work? He says, MOM!!!!! I'M GONNA FLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
* *THUD*
It didn't work.......
Old 02-20-2011, 09:55 AM   #318  
CBG

S/C/G: 196/163/160

Height: 5'6"

This thread resonates much better with me too! Maybe it is the stage we are at, maybe we are past the loud cheerleader phase and are into the nitty gritty of getting rid of those last few pounds and then what? I hit Phase 4 yesterday and while things went fine...I am a little daunted by the BIG breakfasts for the rest of my life routine! I am so not a breakfast person..don't even like them much and was used to and happy with a shake for breakfast..started using those long before I started IP. And what to eat for a carb at Dinner and how do I get creative with the carbs with no fats. And a cheat day scares me just a little bit.. Time to get off my soap box and stop whining - although I may enjoy a little cheese with that now!
Old 02-20-2011, 12:57 PM   #319  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post

Getting used to smaller size: How much exercise are you doing? Exercising with awareness, as in yoga or tai chi, kind of forces your brain to reconnect with your body as it is now. I wonder how much some self-directed "Tapping" or ??Emotional Freedom Technique would help. A couple of other ideas ...
- body work, such as massage
- mirror work, letting go of any and all judgements that crosses your mind
Thank you I'mSvelting for your insights on food journaling and bodywork/exercise for re-integration. I've been eying this storefront outside my building. Rumor has it, it's going to be a yoga/pilates studio and my body is screaming...YES that's it! So you were spot on. It makes so much sense as a way to feel inside my skin once again. I've done tai chi before and loved it. I"m not familiar with Tapping or EFT but will look them up.

Jenny you're so right about life the weight loss being a whole new challenge. It's like becoming sober. The next phase of awareness and how we deal with it really starts when your head clears of the alcohol/addiction and then one is really faced with the issues that started the mess in the first place.

Thanks again Girls, Sunnymae
Old 02-20-2011, 04:45 PM   #320  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnymae View Post
I had my first dinner party with my oldest friends tonite. Most of them hadn't seen me since I started IP in October. I was very relaxed about having foods (on phase 4 now) that I hadn't had in ages including rice crackers with hummus. I alternated with fresh cut veggies for balance and ate reasonably for the main meal, including a small piece of sf low carb choc. cake for dessert.
If I'm wrong someone correct me, but in my literature we are allowed one day a week of 2-3 cookies or a muffin or small piece of cake. I thought I'd check that out this evening.
I realized while they were all drinking alcohol and I was drinking sparkling water, that I was still cracking up at all the jokes and old stories we tell over an over again as the years go by, and that it didn't matter much what I was eating or not either.
It felt good to be out of the IP "bubble" for a night and re-integrate.
Challenge...coming home wanting more sweets and feeling the emotional hook lurking. I'm feeling it now, but I'm having a chai tea instead. The pull is strong and I imagine something one must grapple with if not everyday,then certainly on very many days.
My tiny body is both amazing and frightening looking to me. It's freaky, but I can't remember what I looked like before, and I almost can't remember how I lost the weight. I know I did all the work and went through the phases, but I'm disassociated from the experience. Any shrinks out there?
I hope I've given voice to someone else's thoughts or experiences in addition to my own,and thanks for listening to my midnight ramble.
I read this last night (my last night) and again this early afternoon. Started to respond and got interrupted.

I think this is a very positive post. Even an important one. It's in the moment and reflective too. Very perceptive.

The dissociation doesn't surprise. New life; new outlook, and an educated one that you seem to be following. Cravings. Well, yes. Perhaps they come with the territory of being human and having a past. But then again, you also have a future. I think you've done well; and you're doing great.

I also agree with I'm Svelting. Yoga can be a joy, a relief, almost a euphoria -- with the right instructor and the right tone. Try to find one like that, OK.
Old 02-20-2011, 06:19 PM   #321  
Sallycat88

S/C/G: 170.2/136.4/137

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyvrod View Post

and all the other cute emoticons there are. wow!! you lost that much on phase 2? had you stalled in phase 1? I am thinking to shake things up and move to phase2 for my last 5 lbs.......... advice?
I hadn't stalled in Phase I, but just "felt" ready for Phase 2 a few pounds before I hit 90% loss they recommend. Shaking things up worked for me I guess!! I did 3 weeks on Phase 2 and am currently LOVING Phase 3
Old 02-20-2011, 07:26 PM   #322  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'3"

[QUOTE=Linden;3721506]I read this last night (my last night) and again this early afternoon. Started to respond and got interrupted.

The dissociation doesn't surprise. New life; new outlook, and an educated one that you seem to be following.[B] Cravings. Well, yes. Perhaps they come with the territory of being human and having a past. But then again, you also have a future. I think you've done well; and you're doing great.

Absolutely brilliant, Linden. What a great mantra for living.
Thank goodness you're all not trapped in my brain and I get to listen to voice of reason from so many of you.

I'm enjoying this thread very much. Nuts and bolts for living in the real world.
Old 02-20-2011, 07:48 PM   #323  

S/C/G: 220/157/155

Height: 5 7

I love this thread the best! I appreciate the advice from friends that have been doing the program for months not ones giving advice before they had even started. I need some advice...I have around 7 more lbs. to reach my goal. I had set my goal at 155 to get me into the healthy range in my BMI and fat %. I am wearing size 8 pants and could even get into some size 6s this weekend. I am not sure that I want to get too much smaller. My coach recommends staying in phase 1 until I reach 100% weight loss. I'm thinking about starting phase 2 this week and then go to phase 3 two weeks later. I would not worry about the other 7 lbs. if it happens, it happens! What do you guys think? I am also thinking about following The Metabolism Miracle's final phase and not having cheat days. Any thoughts?
Thank you!
Old 02-20-2011, 08:23 PM   #324  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicmom734 View Post
Mrs. D - Have we had some good suggestions? Like I said in my PM, No matter what the group is called, I wanna be part of it! ;-)
Nobody else has PMed me.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:30 PM   #325  

Mrs. Diettrich: How are you doing almost 2 weeks after surgery?
Old 02-20-2011, 08:55 PM   #326  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
Mrs. Diettrich: How are you doing almost 2 weeks after surgery?
Good! Probably overdoing it though. I was sitting on the couch last night and was noticing that a place where the monster bra was pushing in was hurting. Went into the bathroom and discovered that I had a painful walnut sized lump of a hematoma developing on my right boob. I ended up calling the on call surgeon and she wasn't worried about it at that point, but if it got any bigger, to call her and she'd meet me at the hospital to aspirate it. I love working with the surgeons and knowing them well enough to be able to call! So, it's not any bigger today but still hurts. I see the surgeon for a post-op appt on Weds, so I'll bring it up then. Until then, I will be taking it easier than I have been! Still trying to get used to the fact that I can now wear size small tops! So weird...
Old 02-21-2011, 12:25 AM   #327  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

Hello all, I do not usually post on weekends (mainly becuase I am so busy) but I had to drop in and say hi. I am pretty proud of myself. Wed makes one whole month back on and I am doing well. I have been able to stay strong on the weekends (thanks to the cereal pancake yummerz!!!) I did feel like cheating this weekend mainly because I am about 3 weeks late for my TOM (no possiblity of pregnancy here) and the scale is not moving much but I stayed strong and I think my TOM is starting (it is alway so weird on this diet) so that makes me happy. AND I have a feeling the scale is going to move.
Old 02-21-2011, 12:48 AM   #328  

Bama62 I'm 5 7 1/2 and my range on the sheet was I believe 134-159
I set my first goal to 160 and my coach told me that I should shoot somewhere in the middle so when I phase off, if I gain any weight back I have a little leeway. Well, I feel great now and I'm with you, if it happens, it happens if I loose more weight, but I went to phase 2 last week. I think I'm going to enjoy being the size I am now and if I decide later to loose more weight, well I know a great plan to help with that! I think you should do what you feel is best for you. I used the weight range for a guideline, but with my broad shoulders and wider hips, I think I would look really strange going down to 134. Good luck in what you decide, you're right that this is the best site ever! I couldn't have come this far so quick without every single person here.

Jess, Ouch! So glad you have good connections though, it helps that you're an employee! I can't wait to see your pictures in normal clothes. Small shirts??? AWESOME!! I could probably fit you in my pocket
Old 02-21-2011, 09:19 AM   #329  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyonIP View Post
I set my first goal to 160 and my coach told me that I should shoot somewhere in the middle so when I phase off, if I gain any weight back I have a little leeway. Well, I feel great now and I'm with you, if it happens, it happens if I loose more weight, but I went to phase 2 last week. I think I'm going to enjoy being the size I am now and if I decide later to loose more weight, well I know a great plan to help with that! I think you should do what you feel is best for you. I used the weight range for a guideline, but with my broad shoulders and wider hips, I think I would look really strange going down to 134. Good luck in what you decide, you're right that this is the best site ever! I couldn't have come this far so quick without every single person here.

Jess, Ouch! So glad you have good connections though, it helps that you're an employee! I can't wait to see your pictures in normal clothes. Small shirts??? AWESOME!! I could probably fit you in my pocket
Great new picture Amy!!!
Old 02-21-2011, 09:54 AM   #330  
CBG

S/C/G: 196/163/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyonIP View Post

You look great and I agree that you are going to enjoy being the size you are. The change in you is remarkable.
I have done the same thing...figure I feel and look good where I am at (for now anyway) so phased out. I didn't gain any weight phasing out and will see how maintenance pans out. I lost more weight during phase II - almost as much as on phase I until I stalled out so progressed to III and IV. Love this forum and the information and support here!
Closed Thread