Old 01-26-2011, 12:41 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 196/188/125

Height: 5'0"

ok - I'm really wanting to get my weight ticker - so I think I need to start posting more.

WI#2 is for tomorrow and I'm expecting at least a 2lb loss - hopefully more. I weigh at home each morning - realizing things fluctuate - but that's ok.

Funny how our minds play tricks on us - I was convinced as I went to bed last night that I had gained. Woke up this morning feeling fatter than when I started this...but ACTUALLY I had lost another .5lb and I'm comfortably wearing a pair of jeans today that I haven't been able to wear in months. Now - why in the world did I feel 'fat' this morning? Weird.

People keep asking me if I've gotten my hair cut...I can only guess that 'something' looks different about my face but they can't figure it out. I notice it's not nearly as round.

Still loving this diet. My only concern is if it's messing with my thyroid meds. These past few days I've been getting more tired. I take 12mcg Cytomel in the am and 12 around noonish. I sometimes can skip the noon and be fine - but these past few days I've needed it and still have trouble staying alert. I can also tell when I'm off my meds b/c in the mornings I have an 'uncoordinated' feeling about my legs/arms when I first get up. It goes away if my levels are good - but have noticed it returning these past few days.

I go tomorrow for updated bloodwork - so will be curious to see how that is.

But a WIN for me is that my joints are feeling MUCH better. I've been able to walk down the stairs. Still hurts - but I'm not limping down them anymore.

Loving this!
slickmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:41 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 235/lowest185/now200/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
I don't know. Since the vast majority of the products are soy based, or more than 50% soy, why wouldn't you assume you're reacting to soy?
Linden, I have been using alternative products and all whey because the ONLY clinic nearby I went did not even take my weight !!!! just gave 2 pages and sold food! And somebody told me that IP products are whey protein too, I could use online if I can tolerate them. Thanks

Last edited by bulleriina; 01-26-2011 at 12:44 PM.
bulleriina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:49 PM   #48  

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileylisa View Post
Well I hate to admit it or even say this BUT..
I gained 2 lbs this week.

I figured part of the process of weight loss is being accountable for my actions.
I do not believe in cheating and do not condone it either, at the same time I do believe in owning up to it.

I am not going to let one yes just one bad day and decision sabotage the rest of this journey. I sucked it up and back on track, I am not going to dwell on it! The scale next week will be a loss I can feel it.
Lisa It takes courage and commitment to tell the truth to yourself and then put it on external speaker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondar View Post
question about diabetes and IP. my mom, aunt and grandma (yes, you read that correctly...lol) all want to get on protocol. I'm so freakin excited to have a close face to face group i can't stand it!!! BUT-my mom and aunt take diabetes meds. any advice? I told mom to check her blood regularly thru the day for awhile to make sure she isn't going to low. not sure what else... help please, comments, cautions, experiences, anything!
A fairly frequent poster, hawndragon, was on a diabetic protocol to start and posted recently about going off some diabetes meds and moving to the standard Phase 1. Look for her posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post
I just had to share... this morning I sent an inquiry off to UNI where they have the BOD POD machine and I received such a quick response that I have an appointment to have it done Monday morning. Our location charges $30 for the first test and then $20 for follow up testing. I think that is really worth it to me because it will give me a true vision of where I'm at in body fat.
That's great! Now you can get a good answer to the questions you've had about the impact of your dancing and IP/diet on your muscle mass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalison View Post
I have a question for you guys. I am on my 5th day now and have been seeing some interesting information on here. First of all, people who are staying between 20-25 carbs per day? Is that necessary? I haven't been under 25 carbs on any of my days this week.

I am also curious about the restricted packets. My coach has given me the restricted packets from the very beginning. Is this ok? Will that hamper my weight loss?
You don't need to worry about counting carbs. Some of the people hear do like playing in that level of detail, but not everybody. The program is laid out so that you don't have to count carbohydrate grams if you don't want to. Keep a food diary, though. If you hit a plateau, you can go back and carb count to troubleshoot.

In my not so humble opinion, the definitive answer about the impact of eating restricted items is, "Who knows?"

There's no real way of knowing whether having or not having a restricted will affect your weight loss. Some people lose better having the restricted and some lose more slowly. It's another factor to experiment with if you want to fine tune your diet, or if you want to observe your body's response to carbs.
I'm svelting! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:50 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 225.6/224.2/145

Height: 5'5"

Hmmm, I stalled my weight loss on day 4. Yesterday was day 4 for me and I felt just awful, truly awful, physically exhausted and sort of ill. At one point my face got cold and clammy like I might pass out - I called my Dr. and she said to have some salt - which I haven't been doing because I have high blood pressure. But I dipped some celery stalks in salt and did feel better. But I went off program in several small ways. I didn't have any vanilla protein drink and used a bit of half and half in my (half cup) of decaf coffee. I irrationally and rabidly wolfed down a tin of sardines with my lunch salad. I went out to dinner for the first time last night and had an ahi tuna burger without bun, but ate some of the tartar sauce on it, and had a drizzle of regular ranch on my salad. I even had another 3 ounces of chicken breast when I got home that night. This morning is the first day since Saturday that I've not lost weight. Now, I've been having more protein than they allow almost every day - but everything else was okay. All of the items I consumed seemed low carb to me, the tartar sauce was not sweet - no sweet pickle relish and I only had a teaspoon. But I'm concerned that I'm already turning to protein that isn't in the IP packets, which I'm still trying out the different flavors from my starter bag and they're all starting to taste a little bit like paper mache. I have to find things that I can enjoy/tolerate consuming. I liked the oatmeal, I liked the omelette, I haven't tried any of the pancakes because I don't want the carbs. Anybody have any thoughts and advice for me? Many thanks. I've lost 4 lbs. since I started Saturday.
esammy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:50 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 192/185/145

Height: 5'8

Does anyone know if using a soy cheese is allowed for P1, if i find one with low or no carbs and no sugar?
aheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 01:23 PM   #51  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
Originally Posted by esammy12 View Post
Hmmm, I stalled my weight loss on day 4. Yesterday was day 4 for me and I felt just awful, truly awful, physically exhausted and sort of ill. At one point my face got cold and clammy like I might pass out - I called my Dr. and she said to have some salt - which I haven't been doing because I have high blood pressure. But I dipped some celery stalks in salt and did feel better. But I went off program in several small ways. I didn't have any vanilla protein drink and used a bit of half and half in my (half cup) of decaf coffee. I irrationally and rabidly wolfed down a tin of sardines with my lunch salad. I went out to dinner for the first time last night and had an ahi tuna burger without bun, but ate some of the tartar sauce on it, and had a drizzle of regular ranch on my salad. I even had another 3 ounces of chicken breast when I got home that night. This morning is the first day since Saturday that I've not lost weight. Now, I've been having more protein than they allow almost every day - but everything else was okay. All of the items I consumed seemed low carb to me, the tartar sauce was not sweet - no sweet pickle relish and I only had a teaspoon. But I'm concerned that I'm already turning to protein that isn't in the IP packets, which I'm still trying out the different flavors from my starter bag and they're all starting to taste a little bit like paper mache. I have to find things that I can enjoy/tolerate consuming. I liked the oatmeal, I liked the omelette, I haven't tried any of the pancakes because I don't want the carbs. Anybody have any thoughts and advice for me? Many thanks. I've lost 4 lbs. since I started Saturday.
For me the first 6 days were rough - I did not start feeling good until day 7 and really good until day 10. It is imperative you take your salt even with high blood pressure - the change in eating is going to affect your blood pressure - many on this forum have to reduce or stop taking blood pressure meds because... good news.. their blood pressure comes under control rather quickly -- make sure to talk with your doctor and coach about this. The pancakes/crepes only have 1 or 2 more carbs then the oatmeal -- the Fun with Packets thread and the recipe threads are really helpful in navigating this diet. As for weight loss the first week is a MAJOR shock to your body - I would not worry about stalling out on the 4th day -- who knows what your body is doing and the amount of stress it is going through with this diet adjustment - the weight will come off. This protocol is more then just low carb -- it is low carb and low fat - tartar sauce has fat as does ranch, the salmon burgers probably have some sort of filler i.e. bread crumbs and eggs--not sure what was on your salad but if there were tomatoes, olives, artichoke hearts -- those are all either restricted or no-nos -

The way I understand the diet --You have enough carb reserve for 3-4 days --once you have depleted the carb reserve your body goes after consumed fats, then muscle (which it is unlikely to touch because you are feeding muscle with protein), and then finally your fat reserves - if you are consuming to much fat your body will consume that first and not get to the fat reserves. The other equally important part of this diet which doesn't get talked about too much in this forum is converting your body from an acidic state to an alkaline state and to rest the pancreas -- following the diet will help you with these goals - resting and resetting the pancreas will supposedly help in keeping the weight off as the pumping and insulin production is more efficient and effective. (you become less insulin resistant) Becoming an alkaline body rather then acidic body has benefits in the staving off of inflammatory issues and diseases such as cancer. (currently I work with scientist who are studying this and the results of acidic vs alkaline based diets is SHOCKING).

This is all a learning experience and for your first 4 days you are doing an awesome job!!! Not only are you learning how to eat, you are retraining bad habits. Many on this forum eloquently say "one meal at a time" -- A bit of advice just because something doesn't taste sweet doesn't mean it isn't filled with carbs (I used to be a professional chef what I can tell you for a fact-- carbs, fats and salt are the secret weapons in a restaurant kitchen -- they are in ALMOST everything) -- reading labels is important and understanding how food is prepared will help you at a restaurant - don't be afraid to ask questions at a restaurant and to make special requests.

Keep up the good work - the scale is not the only reflection of the great things happening in your body
CheekyWit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 01:42 PM   #52  
Jess

S/C/G: 282.4/228.1/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
She is always asking me if this or that is on my diet. She does know if it has sugar in it, that I cannot have it. She is a smart one!

As far as veggies go:
I have made the easy staples of steamed broccoli and cauliflower
roasted zuccini slices in the oven
roasted asparagus in the oven
stir fry of bok choy and broccoli
chinese buffet style green beans - my favorite so far
your moms brussel sprouts
Cauliflower style fried rice with an omlet packet - ok needs some refinement
fajita vegetables and chicken
going to try some stuffed mushrooms
cucumbers and onions in vinegar - another one of my favorites
plain cucumbers
whole dill pickles
sometimes just raw veggies too
I like the steamed turnips and want to try the turnip fries

Always searching and willing to try new veggies and methods of cooking them. Need to fire up the grill and grill some. I also want to try the cauliflower mashed potatoes.

Glad you had a good time with your poker night. I have my weekly game tonight. I have been in a slump the past few weeks at that game. Maybe tonight will be a winner.

I love cucumbers and had forgotten about putting them in vinegar with onions, I've just been eating them. Have you noticed that some aren't very good right now?? That's what I've been finding.

Also, if you figure out the stuffed mushroom one let me know. That sounds so yummy! Thanks for sharing these with me, I appreciate it.

Good luck at your weekly game tonight!
tbf410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 01:51 PM   #53  
IP Start Date: 2-18-11

S/C/G: 130/104/110 PH 3

Height: 5'0" Age: 46 (But I'm 29 in my heart & soul)

Hi everyone!

Well I tried that multi quote thingy, didn't work out so well for me, so I'll just do this the cheating way. We can cheat here right? Just as long as we don't cheat on IP, right?

Had to laugh at Medic off like a herd of turtles... LOL. Never heard that one before.

Reiner Yea for you!!! I just knew you were gonna be surprised at your WI, I could feel it in my bones!

My local buddy [B]Amber[B] of course I dive head first into everything I do, but only after I have researched, researched, researched because that's what my OCD dictates to me.... lol.

I have some pretty exciting news to share. My chiro office called me this morning to inform me that the next workshop is FEB 16th (weds) 2 days after my birthday, so I asked her to put me on the list. Here's my dealio. She told me that they can do the consultation that night after the workshop (yea!) which would work out really good, since I would like to start the plan on a Thursday or Friday (in case I feel ucky the first few days) I have the weekend, instead of being miserable at work. So with that said, if I started IP the following day after my workshop, I need to be ready with good veggies and proteins in the house. I have started a grocery shopping list for that first week on IP, so if anyone thinks of anything that I could add to the list, please feel free to tell me.

The thought of WF is kind of freaking me out... lol. Did I read somewhere what kind of vinegar we can use?

Best of luck to those who have WI's today and big pats on the back for those who are doing fantastic and not caving into your cravings.

I will be one of you guys very soon!!!
Coloradodivegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 01:52 PM   #54  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
I was allowed restricted's from the start but decided that I wanted to follow what was written on the sheets and they said no restricted's for the first 2-3 weeks. I think now that I am on week 3 I will just keep going and stay away from the restricted's. Just keep motoring on with basic protocol, I would hate to treat restricted's like "snacks". If I need them later when I start exercise or weight training I will consider them or just add a packet.

For the most part, I have 5 staple packets I like. Cappuccino in the morning during the week and omlete's on the weekends. Chicken soup for lunch. Then Blueberry or Orangae drink. I don't care for the chocolate drinks and despise the puddings. I have done well with just these and will sometimes swap them around. I seem to feel just as full as when I was trying other packets. The "fruity" tasting drinks do well for me and I was a big eater before IP.
You bring up a good point and maybe it should be put in the Tips for Newbies sticky - like you, I also find the higher the protein content of the IP packet the more satisfied and less hungry I feel and it stays with me longer (which is why I am sooooo irritated they changed the omletes - now they have more carbs and less protein --uggggg). The items you mention are the high protein items. For me I don't count the carbs but I do check to see which ones are high in protein because I know those ones will help me to not become so ravenous I eat anything I can find (and I don't kill anyone in the process )
CheekyWit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 02:02 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 189/159/140

Height: 5'6"

hi all- hey, i'm having some of the big D today and yesterday.... i am on day 24 and have lost 17 lbs. anyone have a similar experience? all was well until yesterday... and i don't really feel like i have a bug or anything...
rondar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 02:08 PM   #56  
Started IP on 1/3/2011

S/C/G: 308/308/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter View Post
Beachbella, my WI's are on fridays as well. WI4 for me this friday.

Great to read about all the NSV and weight losses. Keep up the great work everyone!

Jupiter - I dont know about you but the Friday WI gives me a positive jump start to the weekend and keeps me honest for the weekend. Good luck with your WI this Friday.

Also I left work early today due to the snow we are having and had a bag of Kale in the refrig. I decided to make the Kale chips. All I can say is OMG....YUMMY!

Does anyone know how long they keep for? I had a huge back of Kale and used the whole bag and just do not know how long they will last in an airtight container?

Last edited by Beachbella; 01-26-2011 at 02:15 PM.
Beachbella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 02:42 PM   #57  
Sallycat88

S/C/G: 170.2/136.4/137

Height: 5'7"

WI #8 for me in just a few hours....I, too, am feeling a bit "chubbier" than usual. Hoping it's all in my head! I only weigh in at my clinic so it's always a surprise. Seems like I am so close....yet so far away from goal. Keep your fingers crossed!! I will let you know the results in a bit.
Spiffsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 02:56 PM   #58  
IP with alternatives

S/C/G: 202/Ticker/140

Height: 5.4

NSV
I got my first "Have you lost weight?" Today! It felt great!
I haven't lost all that many lbs or inches but my face is thinner.
JCWilkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 02:59 PM   #59  
IP Start Date: 2-18-11

S/C/G: 130/104/110 PH 3

Height: 5'0" Age: 46 (But I'm 29 in my heart & soul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffsgal View Post
WI #8 for me in just a few hours....I, too, am feeling a bit "chubbier" than usual. Hoping it's all in my head! I only weigh in at my clinic so it's always a surprise. Seems like I am so close....yet so far away from goal. Keep your fingers crossed!! I will let you know the results in a bit.
Alexis & I will keep our paws crossed for ya!

P.S. I think I just figured out how multi quotes work.
Coloradodivegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 03:35 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 190.8/185/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyWit View Post
You bring up a good point and maybe it should be put in the Tips for Newbies sticky - like you, I also find the higher the protein content of the IP packet the more satisfied and less hungry I feel and it stays with me longer (which is why I am sooooo irritated they changed the omletes - now they have more carbs and less protein --uggggg). The items you mention are the high protein items. For me I don't count the carbs but I do check to see which ones are high in protein because I know those ones will help me to not become so ravenous I eat anything I can find (and I don't kill anyone in the process )
Would you mind posting a few that are highest in protein? I don't see the boxes since my coach sells singles only. Thanks!
serendipityberry is offline   Reply With Quote