3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Tuesday, 25 January 2011 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/223565-ip-daily-chat-tuesday-25-january-2011-a.html)

rhondalynny 01-25-2011 10:46 AM

Broke into onederland today!! Great day!!!! IP rocks!!!

Marionm 01-25-2011 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaarin (Post 3674255)
Good morning everyone!!!
Marion, you've done so well. I was just looking at your progress pics again and you look fabulous! In my humble opinion this is a personal journey and different for everyone. If you've been able to lose 1.6 lbs a week while off IP, I think that is fabulous!!! The beauty of it is that if you find yourself stalling, or reverting back to old habits (heaven forbid) you can always come back. And this site will be here to support you. Good luck on your decision. :goodluck:

You are right. I think I'm just having one of those days of uncertainty... not about the changes and success, but rather if I am letting myself off the hook by not doing the full plan.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coqui (Post 3674308)
Kaarin

Marionm posted earlier today some interesting points about keeping the weight off. While my coach is concerned that I will gain weight, I'm not.I know it's not going to be all the pounds I lost. I am confident that I have the tools to maintain a healthy weight when I phase out. That is why I made the decision to go on phase 3 next week. Besides I am increasing my workout routine, to tone up. I need that breakfast in the morning.

I don't think I'm worried about not keeping the weight off anymore. As I said above, I think I wonder if I should be doing more to make it happen faster...:( Of course, as I typed that I hear words that sound disordered. I suspect it is just one of those days for me but hopefully the hair cut and color will put some order to my thoughts.

CheekyWit 01-25-2011 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JudoGirl (Post 3674073)
Ok I'm sure this is a new one for everyone...Yesterday I went and bought some pants..I was wearing 18-20 pants and 38-40 jeans now....
I got two size 12...I broke down and cried in the dressing room...I haven't been a size 12 in 20 years...but it was like I was sad...and scared...
I should've come out of the dressing room singing..
But its like I was scared when I put those size 12 pants on...
I've been very successful and am doing what I need and doing it all right
and I hit this wall of oh my goodness..and I just want to cry again...
Help!!! Its like I'm afraid of failure..but I'm not failing...
:?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?:

I weigh in tomorrow..so I'll talk to the ladies..but I need your help people who are going thru this program like me...

First off -- Congratulations on your new size -- that is a really big accomplishment!!!!! Don't cry:hug: I know exactly how you feel - I know how to be me at the size I am, and how to navigate my world - changing shape and size is kind of like saying goodbye to an old friend (perhaps not a healthy friend- but a friend none-the-less) - after all my old body got me this far and helped me achieve some pretty incredible things - the new body...I don't know her well yet and it is scary. That fear of what happens if I gain it all back, how do I make friends with the new me, what if.....(and the list goes on and on). I am so far from where I want to be so I am not one to give advice except to say - embrace this new you - love her and let her take you on a new journey and new adventures and keep room in your heart for the old you because she was good to you too. When you are so used to be something and then that changes it is scary and I know sometimes I feel like I cannot live up to the new me. I am a new mom and I think this often - I was given this blessing of a child and I feel like what if I fail at this gift I have been given and what if I cannot live up to what it means to be a mom - or a size 12, 20,8, 4 whatever it is--I try(and for me it is a true try) to delight in and embrace the gift - my thoughts of failure are always future thoughts and past regrets - but the moment I am in right now is where I try to focus and to truly live with everything I have all senses firing -- that is what I am working on to change my inner dialogue. You have not failed, nor will you fail there is no such thing when you are on a constant moving journey. I am sending you lots of good vibes and happy in the moment thoughts -- you have earned your success and those itty bitty tiny little thoughts of failure.

amber2beme 01-25-2011 11:13 AM

Happy Tuesday! I weigh in tonight and THANK GOD! that dang candy is STILL on the filing cabinet. Seems like there is so much. What is rather disturbing is that I know that if I wasn't doing IP the candy would have been gone yesterday...if not Friday. Guess that just goes to show how normal people consume sugar and that well I'm not normal.
I have also been struggling the last couple days cause apparently I have imparted a very bad habit on my daughter and she has taken to making cookie dough and just eating it. OMG i used to buy 2 rolls, one to bake and one to eat. She is lucky she has my sister's body frame and is so thin. Although, junior high is when i started buying candy for lunch instead of spending my money on actual food cause they sold candy in a little store on campus. So let's hope this isn't the beginning of a terrible terrible thing for her.
I don't know why on day 22 i am sooooo craving carbs and sugar again! what is up with that???? i haven't cheated at all so i would think the cravings would be gone. i have even gone over to the cabinet and picked up the candy looked at it and then just put it back. so glad i weigh in tonight, i just
keep telling myself that. I wont throw in the towel the day of a weigh in!!!

Congratulations to everyone on all your successes!!! It is seeing your posts and well finally wearing my pants without a muffin top that I am white knuckling it today!!

Medicmom734 01-25-2011 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhondalynny (Post 3674347)
Broke into onederland today!! Great day!!!! IP rocks!!!

Congratulations! Good Work!:carrot:

kcjohn 01-25-2011 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coqui (Post 3674032)
Happy Tuesday everyone!
Thank you Pegsi and I'm svelting for your adviced last night. I'm very happy with my weight at this point. My coach is just concerned about the weight gain on phase 4. She says I'm at the higher end in weight for my height and age so I shouldn't go up or my BMI will not be normal. To me it's a bit silly, so I'm taking your advice. I will finish Phase 2 this week and move on to Phase 3 regardless. I believe the reason for my cheat yesterday was due to poor sleep all weekend and frustration. I have this feeling that having the big breakfast will help ease afternoon cravings.

I agree. I didn't want to give advice because I felt there are people who probably know better who've been on the different phases. I'd do exactly that and finish phase 2 and move on to phase 3. You can work out more if you like and your weight seems perfectly fine. Congratulations on your weightloss!

SJackson 01-25-2011 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marionm (Post 3674175)
It's a big adjustment as quickly as we go through sizes. And for all those sizes changing outside, there are changes happening inside and they can be an even bigger adjustment. I phased off because I was losing so quickly I couldn't keep up with the the changes I was seeing. I know for me, there was a huge fear that I'd some how mess it up and gain the weight back and of course, it was mixed with joy that something had finally worked. I remember gently arguing with the salesclerk when she told me she thought I needed a smaller size! LOL:dizzy:

I'm faced with an interesting dilemma myself because I phased off back in December and have been eating pretty much the way I expect I will for the rest of my life which means no grains, no potatoes, and no added sugars. I had convinced myself to go back on plan with my friend who is coming home tomorrow, but now I'm really starting to wonder about that because I've lost 1.6 pounds in the last week--just eating 'normal' for me. Since I phased off, I've lost 11 pounds which isn't bad for 6 weeks of weight loss.

Most of what I've been reading about my plan for life for eating says that your weight will stabilize where it needs to be if you keep eating right which leaves me wondering, do I really want to put my body through the stress of going back into ketosis again? There's a part of me that would like some faster results again, but will I even get them. My average on IP was 3 pounds a week and it looks like I'm just under 2 pounds a week now. Any thoughts?

I suppose I should add this caveat so people understand where I'm coming from... I knew how I needed to be eating to be healthy before I started IP. I used IP as a tool for behavior modification. Five months of eating very disciplined with no cheating went a long ways toward changing my habits and I don't want to go back to where I was. I don't envision eating sugary desserts, pastas or a Taco Bell anymore. I don't like how I feel when I did that. IP gave me a tool to break bad habits---and great weight loss was a huge benefit.

So what do you think? Keep doing what I'm doing or go back on plan?

If you're healthy, if you feel good and if you are still losing, I would say you are on the right track and keep doing what you're doing.

Coloradodivegirl 01-25-2011 11:36 AM

Hi Amber & everyone else :wave:

I just love reading everyone's posts, so inspiring!

Amber, I'm sure your doing great! WOW... to even pickup candy, and
then put it down without sneaking is impressive. :) now, I have not started IP yet, but from all that I've read, could you be out of Ketosis and that's why your craving? Heck, what do I know, just thought I think out loud here. Wishing you all the best with your WI tonight!

amber2beme 01-25-2011 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coloradodivegirl (Post 3674457)
Hi Amber & everyone else :wave:

I just love reading everyone's posts, so inspiring!

Amber, I'm sure your doing great! WOW... to even pickup candy, and
then put it down without sneaking is impressive. :) now, I have not started IP yet, but from all that I've read, could you be out of Ketosis and that's why your craving? Heck, what do I know, just thought I think out loud here. Wishing you all the best with your WI tonight!

I have wondered that, but if the carbs in the unrestricted packets and the carbs in the everyday allowable vegetables are accumulating to a high enough number that i am out of ketosis there is a SERIOUS PROBLEM!

deetz 01-25-2011 11:40 AM

Hello everyone,

I've been doing IP since Sept and have lost 65lbs so far.....I had come cheats around christmas and ever since.....HELP lol I cant seem to get back into the swing of things.....on top of things I have started to have issues with hair loss and maintaining adequate fluid intake resulting in dizziness....I need some motivation!

Joliebug82 01-25-2011 11:41 AM

Clothes and Style

So I went shopping again, just walking around the mall, and instead of being excited that I can start shopping in normal stores again soon, I completely freaked out! I don't know what I like! I'm so used to just buying clothes that fit and don't make me look like a granny (no offense to any grannies out there, you know what I mean, no flower stretch pants and matching tops...). I don't have a style anymore. I used to, I think. I used to shop at Limited and Banana Republic, Ann Taylor, Gap, and Express. Those stores are still there, but I don't know if I like it anymore. I don't know what I like. It's very...hm, what's the word...I don't know, disconcerting.

What's wrong with this? I should be pumped, excited, happy! Instead, I just want to cry. It's like I've spent so much time NOT liking myself and the way I look, that contemplating what I like is almost too much. I'm thinking of sticking with jeans and button-downs because it's what I'm comfortable in.

Anyone else have this issue?

soccerdixie 01-25-2011 11:45 AM

Tuesday!!!

Hi Everyone......

I know this is probably bad but I weigh myself everyday and today I am at the same weight as yesterday.... Stayed on protocol so I am a little upset. I really think the bigger issues is weighing myself every morning but I am so pleased when I do lose weight even if it's .1 lbs.

I hope everyone has a great Tuesday!! Stay warm I know we are looking at more snow/ice/rain in NJ.

Coloradodivegirl 01-25-2011 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amber2beme (Post 3674467)
I have wondered that, but if the carbs in the unrestricted packets and the carbs in the everyday allowable vegetables are accumulating to a high enough number that i am out of ketosis there is a SERIOUS PROBLEM!

Well well hmmmm...... Maybe it was you touching that candy that knocked ya out of Ketosis... lol. I'm kidding.. :)

I'm sure someone here can help you, but can't other things knock you off of ketosis? Hmmmm... I don't know if TOM has anything to do with it, maybe not drinking all your water or eating all your veggies? Thoughts anyone?

Hang tight Amber, you'll get thru this!

annieann77 01-25-2011 12:00 PM

NSV for me today!!! I am back in my pre-pregnancy jeans!!! Size 9!!! :o My son will be 3 in June, it's nice to be back in my skinny jeans! (they are still a tad tight but next week they will be perfect!!)

Congrats to everyone else on their weigh in's!!

Coloradodivegirl 01-25-2011 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soccerdixie (Post 3674484)
Hi Everyone......

I know this is probably bad but I weigh myself everyday and today I am at the same weight as yesterday.... Stayed on protocol so I am a little upset. I really think the bigger issues is weighing myself every morning but I am so pleased when I do lose weight even if it's .1 lbs.

I hope everyone has a great Tuesday!! Stay warm I know we are looking at more snow/ice/rain in NJ.

Hi Scoccer!

I think one of these smart gals & gents around here would probably tell you, so stay off the scale. :) Sounds like your making this harder on yourself then what it needs to be. Imagine if you only weighed yourself once a week at WI or even if you jumped on the scale once during the week, because you just "had to know." Stay focused and go hid your scale for a few days. We know you can do this!! Best of luck!