Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 10:40 AM   #16  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCWilkie View Post
I had quite a difficult weekend.
Stayed at a hotel on Saturday night and not that its was hard to order in dinner, but the order for the kids which came with french fries and Ice Cream both the bain of my existence! But I stayed of protocol, didn't even try a fry!
I didn't get my 4 cups of veggies in either day so I was a little hungry.

That is the one think that I dislike about this program, I have to make dinner EVERY night! I just couldn't do last night so I ate Ham and Cucumber. I think I'm going to make some soup tonight to put in the freezer for times like that where I just don't have the energy to make anything.
HUGE NSV - I have the whole french fry love myself so I can imagine how hard that must have been -- but YOU DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One of the things I do to help with dinners is use a crock pot to make meals that will last a few nights - I also use a pressure cooker - I can cook a whole cut up chicken in 19 minutes in my pressure cooker (and the broth created from the cooking makes and excellent base for soup) - I am queen of pounding out boneless skinless chicken breasts, pork chops or pork tenderloin which I have cut into medallions until they are thin - and pan searing them in a non stick pan with a little olive oil (pound the chicken breast, pork chops or pork tenderloin medallions until they are thin, dry the with paper towels - add salt, pepper and any spices you all like) they cook in about 2-3 minutes per side (the trick is to put them in the pan -- leave them for two minutes so they develop a nice crust and then flip them -- don't mess with them and move them around--just leave them for the 2-3 minutes - flip and do the same) -- I know Rachel Ray made 30 minute meals popular but I am more the 15 minute meal girl (I rarely have more time then that to get a meal on the table for the family) Lastly every weekend roast a large cookie sheet of veggies to help with the evening meal chaos - asparagus, zucchini, broccolini, and cauliflower -- this also makes meal prep easier. You can PM me and I can give you lots more tips, tricks and ideas (even ones the kids really think is fun) -- YOU ARE DOING SO WELL!!!!
Old 01-24-2011, 10:48 AM   #17  
started IP 1.11.11

S/C/G: 242/209/175

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone!! I'm loving IP. For the first week, it was really hard..."how am I going to eat like this for MONTHS?!" and this last week was a breeze. Ketosis for me has been pretty great- appetite suppression for the most part and no cravings. Weeeeeee. One weird thing, though. I have dreams about eating off protocol all the time! Last night it was Christmas in my dream and I was stuffing my face. It took a few minutes after I woke up to not feel guilty. Strange!
Old 01-24-2011, 10:59 AM   #18  
Started IP on 1/3/2011

S/C/G: 308/308/150

Height: 5' 2"

Good morning from very chilly NJ. Holly Macaroni is it cold out there today!

2 nights of dinners out of the weekend and had no issues. First night was a Sushi place and yesterday was Legal seafood. Had some grilled shrimp asked for it dry grilled and steamed broccoli. Wonderful!

Just a question for everyone. I noticed the past 3 days I have been a bit dizzy. I have been on IP since Jan 3 and have been fine so far. Before I make a call to my doc just wanted to see if anyone experienced this and what they did? I feel ok otherwise, it is not the TOM, I am eating all that I need to eat as well as my salt and water intake. I just can not figure it all out
Old 01-24-2011, 11:16 AM   #19  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbella View Post

2 nights of dinners out of the weekend and had no issues. First night was a Sushi place and yesterday was Legal seafood. Had some grilled shrimp asked for it dry grilled and steamed broccoli. Wonderful!

Just a question for everyone. I noticed the past 3 days I have been a bit dizzy. I have been on IP since Jan 3 and have been fine so far. Before I make a call to my doc just wanted to see if anyone experienced this and what they did? I feel ok otherwise, it is not the TOM, I am eating all that I need to eat as well as my salt and water intake. I just can not figure it all out
I am inspired by your ability to eat out!!!! --I am still hold up in the house only meeting friends for coffee as I am nervous and a bit scared I will loose it and find myself face down if a plate of something not on protocol -- I am not a doctor but I find if I don't take my potassium I get a bit dizzy -- are you taking all your supplements? -- just a thought --- I know I have had issues with dizziness that went away as soon I consistently took my supplements (sometimes the magnesium will help with dizziness too particularly if you have blood pressure issues - magnesium is known to normalize blood pressure) so don't forget to take the cal mags as well -- GOOD LUCK and I hope you feel better
Old 01-24-2011, 11:43 AM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbella View Post

Just a thought, based on my experience... when I first started IP, I was taking in a whole teaspoon of sea salt per day... after a while, I decided that might be more than I needed, so I dropped my daily dose to 1/2 tsp... within a day, I was feeling dizzy A LOT!!!.. so, after a couple of days of that nonsense, I upped it to 3/4 tsp... no more dizziness... nowadays, I usually get in between 3/4 tsp. & one tsp., & that seems to work best for me... you didn't say how much you're taking, but you could try upping it by 1/4 tsp. & see if that stops the dizziness...

hugs
Old 01-24-2011, 11:49 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 185.6/148/145

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by esammy12 View Post
Hi,
I started the program yesterday. I came home with my "starter bag" and almost everything I ate yesterday was a pleasant surprise. The chocolate RTD I had on the way home was good, the leek soup I had for lunch wasn't as horrible as I thought it might be but the strawberry pudding I found inedible. The pine banana drink this morning, I was unbable to drink at all. I know that this is the week where I try stuff and figure out what I'll enjoy eating, but I'm afraid that I'm going to run out of packets I can bear to eat before Friday when I can order the things I'll like. The chocolate soy puffs hit the spot and I'm using those just a few at a time to stop chocolate cravings, and the caramel nut bar was just darned delicious. I had half of that last night instead of the strawberry pudding. I lost 1.8 lbs from yesterday to today but I'm having a heck of a time getting the pills down. So far I've only had 1 cal-mag each day. I did start taking my thyroid pill before bed last night (for the first time because I saw it on this site) to leave my day free for vitamin consumption but I'm just awful about pills. Any advice anyone has will be great. The thought of going 4 months with these packets has me going a little insane right now, but one day at a time.

WELCOME!!! I am pretty new to the program as well. I found there were lots of the packets that I wasn't interested in as well but I did try them all. I agree with CHEEKYWIT I blend all my drinks and puddings in my little magic bullet with a little ice and it's a nice creamy drink or pudding. Hang in there your duing great!!!!!
Old 01-24-2011, 11:52 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 185.6/148/145

Height: 5'9"

Happy Monday to all you fellow IP ers.

Here's to another great week for us all with lots of NSV's and either pounds or inches lost or both!!!

WE CAN DO THIS
Old 01-24-2011, 11:55 AM   #23  
Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Height: 5'8"

Monday huh? Hmmmm....after this weekend I wasn't ready to come back to work! So....wedding dress shopping.....
I was a solid 14 (don't know how that translates in wedding speak), but we ordered a 12 in the dress I liked because there was no more room to suck the corset up in the back! Yeah! Now I have serious motivation to lose this last 20 some lbs! Wooohoooo! I am posting pics soon, they will be in my progress photos.

2nd NSV- I tried on some jeans (which made my butt look awesome!) and they were 31s!!!!! NICE! My bestie was laughing because she had originally handed me 33s.

Overall a great weekend...and I stayed on protocol....just shorted myself H2O I'm sure!
Old 01-24-2011, 12:15 PM   #24  
DinobowerRN

S/C/G: 294/0/185

Height: 5'8"

OOOFHDA!!!! This was my first "weekend" on Ip and it was hard!!! I wanted carbs soooooo bad!! Really craving licorice!! LOL But I survived and stayed on plan. That scale better show a loss tomorrow or I will just cry!!!!!
Old 01-24-2011, 12:28 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 190.4/136/140

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoangel View Post
Monday huh? Hmmmm....after this weekend I wasn't ready to come back to work! So....wedding dress shopping.....
I was a solid 14 (don't know how that translates in wedding speak), but we ordered a 12 in the dress I liked because there was no more room to suck the corset up in the back! Yeah! Now I have serious motivation to lose this last 20 some lbs! Wooohoooo! I am posting pics soon, they will be in my progress photos.

2nd NSV- I tried on some jeans (which made my butt look awesome!) and they were 31s!!!!! NICE! My bestie was laughing because she had originally handed me 33s.

Overall a great weekend...and I stayed on protocol....just shorted myself H2O I'm sure!
Hi there,
Just wanted to say that your progress photos are amazing!! Way to go!

Last edited by Hollmark; 01-24-2011 at 12:28 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:24 PM   #26  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

I hope everyone had wonderful weekend and ready to start a new week.

I wanted to ask a question to the group and it is probably answered somewhere on here, but thought I would get some fresh opinions.

Is there a protein drink powder equivalent to the IP products available elsewhere?

Can the 3 main suppliments from IP be purchased under a common brand elsewhere?

Anyone found these items?
Old 01-24-2011, 01:30 PM   #27  
IP Start Date: 2-18-11

S/C/G: 130/104/110 PH 3

Height: 5'0" Age: 46 (But I'm 29 in my heart & soul)

Default Poodles, tomatos and such as.....

This is in response to Showgirl's post from the weekend thread.

I'm so glad ya like me *insert big smile here* Funny, how reading thru
all of these threads in the last few months, I was kind of drawn to you.
Don't know what it was, hmm maybe it was all your knowledge and all
your hints, but there are SEVERAL posters that are plum full of ideas, so I'm still not sure what it was. Anyway....we do sound a lot alike I could go on and on and ask you a boatload of questions about how your "organize" your life, panty, closets, etc... but we will save that for another time, so this post may never end... LOL!

I bought my Standard Poo 8 months ago (after waiting 20 years for her) and I bought her from a breeder in Montana. I searched all over the United States for "Alexis" and I am so happy that I went with Shiloh Gardens Standards. I just ♥ my girl to bits and pieces. My mom always had a toy poodles (she liked the silver's) and once I moved out on my own I had 2 toys, a white (Athena) and an apricot (Tasha) (bless their beautiful little hearts, may they be resting in peace.) I would have gotten Alexis a lot sooner but my toy's would have never understood me getting another dog, so I had to wait. Before I lost Tasha & Athena, I lost my mom to lung cancer (bless her beautiful little heart too, I love you & miss you everyday) so I took Star, her teacup poodle, she too would have never understood another dog. I would love to get another toy poodle, once Alexis grows up a bit and becomes a little calmer. BTW.. Alexis is set up as my avatar, which isn't showing up yet, maybe becuase I'm still so new, but if you go to my profile, her pic should be there. All I can say is... POO'S RULE! lol!
Side Note.... now dont be calling the white coats on me, but try smelling your dogs paws and tell me what they smell like... (lol) I think they either smell like popcorn or fritos. Hmmmm, I'm thinking I shouldnt have typed that, this might start you guys craving things that you shouldnt have... Ok, strike that!

Now on to tomatos... (lol) thank you Showgirl for you insight about that wonderful fruit. Of course it's not allowed on phase 1 of IP, that's because I love them so much... lol. Interesting to know that not only is IP based on low carbs, but acid plays into it as well.

A protein question...Do you guys have scales that you weigh your protein out before cooking it? I know veggies are measured in a measuring cup, but what about your proteins?

Congrats to you Who on your up and coming wedding! Have a great day IP'ers!!!!

Old 01-24-2011, 01:39 PM   #28  
Started IP on 1/3/2011

S/C/G: 308/308/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyWit View Post
I am inspired by your ability to eat out!!!! --I am still hold up in the house only meeting friends for coffee as I am nervous and a bit scared I will loose it and find myself face down if a plate of something not on protocol -- I am not a doctor but I find if I don't take my potassium I get a bit dizzy -- are you taking all your supplements? -- just a thought --- I know I have had issues with dizziness that went away as soon I consistently took my supplements (sometimes the magnesium will help with dizziness too particularly if you have blood pressure issues - magnesium is known to normalize blood pressure) so don't forget to take the cal mags as well -- GOOD LUCK and I hope you feel better
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
Just a thought, based on my experience... when I first started IP, I was taking in a whole teaspoon of sea salt per day... after a while, I decided that might be more than I needed, so I dropped my daily dose to 1/2 tsp... within a day, I was feeling dizzy A LOT!!!.. so, after a couple of days of that nonsense, I upped it to 3/4 tsp... no more dizziness... nowadays, I usually get in between 3/4 tsp. & one tsp., & that seems to work best for me... you didn't say how much you're taking, but you could try upping it by 1/4 tsp. & see if that stops the dizziness...

hugs
Ladies thank you so much for your help on this one. I forgot about stating that I do take all the supplements that IP offers. My coach recommended it and I take the whole line including the Omega, Anti Oxy, and Enzymes. I also have 1/2 tsp of sea salt a day. I will up it to 3/4 tsp and see what happens thats for that tip.

Cheeky - Trust me I thought I would fail the whole eating out thing but it was a piece of cake for me this weekend. My true test will be when I head out to Vegas to see my BF. I am already praying...lol

Ladies thank you again!
Old 01-24-2011, 01:48 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 162/ ? /130

Height: 5'3"

Hope everyone had a great weekend!! WI#3 for me this morning... lost 2lbs so that is a total of 11.2 lbs in 3 weeks!! My inches are still coming off high, especially around my high waist area, so I am happy about that. Last week I had to eat out twice, I did good on my first outing but my second supper out was a buffet and everything had a sauce or dressing on it.... EVERYTHING!!! I did my best picking out what I thought would be best to eat and kept on truckin!! This week should be good so I shouldn't have any hiccups!

Keep up the great work people!!!
Old 01-24-2011, 02:35 PM   #30  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradodivegirl View Post
Side Note.... now dont be calling the white coats on me, but try smelling your dogs paws and tell me what they smell like... (lol) I think they either smell like popcorn or fritos. Hmmmm, I'm thinking I shouldnt have typed that, this might start you guys craving things that you shouldnt have... Ok, strike that!

Now on to tomatos... (lol) thank you Showgirl for you insight about that wonderful fruit. Of course it's not allowed on phase 1 of IP, that's because I love them so much... lol. Interesting to know that not only is IP based on low carbs, but acid plays into it as well.

A protein question...Do you guys have scales that you weigh your protein out before cooking it? I know veggies are measured in a measuring cup, but what about your proteins?

Congrats to you Who on your up and coming wedding! Have a great day IP'ers!!!!

Haha! I love that you smell your dog's feet. I have a Bassett Hound. I try to avoid smelling him at all. Ugh.

I thought tomatoes were a restricted veggie? I did the pico de gallo from another poster's thread and it was ok...just trying to get some clarification.

Finally, the scale. I bought a digital kitchen scale from Amazon for about $15. It works wonderfully, and I TRY to weigh all my meat before it's cooked. Of course, if I'm in a restaurant or at a family/friend's house, I weigh after it's cooked and eat about an ounce to an ounce and a half less. Yes. I bring my scale in my purse. I'm kinda OCD, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpea2011 View Post
Hope everyone had a great weekend!! WI#3 for me this morning... lost 2lbs so that is a total of 11.2 lbs in 3 weeks!! My inches are still coming off high, especially around my high waist area, so I am happy about that. Last week I had to eat out twice, I did good on my first outing but my second supper out was a buffet and everything had a sauce or dressing on it.... EVERYTHING!!! I did my best picking out what I thought would be best to eat and kept on truckin!! This week should be good so I shouldn't have any hiccups!

Keep up the great work people!!!
Great weigh in and go you on the inches! I love your dedication of sticking to the BEST choices you could make. Oh, and your photos or links are broken. Just FYI.

Today is a day at home, and I'm feeling kinda munchy, so I'm re-reading all the threads as much as possible to keep my head in the game. I hate that stupid carrot right now because I love carrots and I can't eat them. Lol. So...
Closed Thread