Old 09-30-2016, 01:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 163/151/139

Height: 5'7"

Default I got cocky and now I'm eating my words (are they unrestricted?) :)

I found IP super easy when I did it 5 years ago - followed the plan, dropped 30 pounds, kept it off. Got lazy on maintenance because "hey, if it was that easy to lose it, why not eat what I want, let it creep back up, and when I get too big just go on IP and knock the pounds off."

Well... 50 and in the early stages of menopause appears to be different than 45 and this time it's not shedding like cat hair... I've been on for 2 weeks and down 6 pounds. That's half of what I lost the first two weeks last time.

So, I'm buckling down for a longer haul, but realizing that if I'd been less cocky about how easy the loss was I wouldn't be here now.

I've bought Janeve's cookbook (it's on its way) and am restocking with the products I bought last time (Walden farms etc), and appreciate the support in this group!
BCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 11:50 PM   #2  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCGirl View Post
I found IP super easy when I did it 5 years ago - followed the plan, dropped 30 pounds, kept it off. Got lazy on maintenance because "hey, if it was that easy to lose it, why not eat what I want, let it creep back up, and when I get too big just go on IP and knock the pounds off."

Well... 50 and in the early stages of menopause appears to be different than 45 and this time it's not shedding like cat hair... I've been on for 2 weeks and down 6 pounds. That's half of what I lost the first two weeks last time.

So, I'm buckling down for a longer haul, but realizing that if I'd been less cocky about how easy the loss was I wouldn't be here now.

I've bought Janeve's cookbook (it's on its way) and am restocking with the products I bought last time (Walden farms etc), and appreciate the support in this group!
I am sorry for your regain and agree that a few extra years of age, and multiple yo yo episodes of weight loss make it harder and slower to re-lose those pounds. You are not alone here.
You can do this!
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 12:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 217/145/125

I've regained 20-25 lbs. I fluctuate. I need support. I can manage to stay on the diet for 2 days tops and then life happens and I find myself trying again after 3-4 days of eating...
GuadaLoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 12:39 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 202/160/150

Height: 5'2"

GuadaLoops - check out 5:2 way of eating. No fake food, costs nothing, it is a "life happens" way of eating that has worked for me.
Nightowlrn is offline   Reply With Quote