Old 12-02-2011, 09:16 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 231.6/ticker/150

Height: 5"5

The only one I am able to tolerate is the raspberry vinaigrette. In small quantities.
dashenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 05:16 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 189/158/128

Height: 5'2

Talking

I hate to bash a product but I have tried a few: Peanut butter was disgusting, the dressings are horrible and I have tired to doctor them and it is just gross, the marshmellow stuff was ewww, so i stay far away. just not worth it-there stuff is very expensive. I make my own dressing and add different spices and like it so much better. I have heard the peanut butter from walden farms tastes great in the choclate pudding IP. I am to scared to try it.
billthecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 06:04 PM   #153  
Vegetarian, Low carb

S/C/G: 180/168.1/120

Height: 5'2"

I can't eat the peanut butter and to me the chocolate syrup was just gross.

But I love the bacon ranch, the chipotle ranch is my favorite, and the sesame ginger (not the Asian) is really yummy. Recently I bought a jar of the chipotle mayo and it's pretty much exactly the same as the chipotle ranch, only thicker for sandwiches and such. I liked it!

I rather like the fruit spreads, not as good as real jam but certainly makes the GG's crispbreads go down easier. (I spread my GG's with Greek yogurt and the WF fruit spread.)

The marshmallow dip wasn't really great, but it was tolerable. I dipped a plain yam into it on Thanksgiving so I wouldn't feel so deprived of my homemade candied yams. Lately I have been putting a tablespoon of marshmallow dip on top of my sugar-free orange jell-o. The taste is like a Dreamsickle.

The pasta sauce is OK for dipping cheese sticks. I wouldn't use it as an actual pasta sauce, but it makes a decent "dipping" condiment.

Last edited by shr1nk1ngme; 12-03-2011 at 06:04 PM.
shr1nk1ngme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 11:33 AM   #154  

I really like the following WF products

ranch dressing
caesar dressing
italian dressing
balsamic vinaigrette dressing is ok...I find it leaves an after taste
asian dressing/marinade....I prefer it as a marinade than a dreslso sing
caramel syrup...one teaspoon is very good in my morning coffee (nice little treat)
louisiana70508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 12:00 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 173/143/130

Height: 5'7'

I've only tried 2.
Sundried Tomato salad dressing is delicious. And the caramel syrup is ok. I agree with others that it is really sweet, I add a little to my coffee along with vanilla extract and some cinnamon.
dfend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:31 PM   #156  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Honey Dijon: Like (dipped grilled chicken in it)
Ranch: Don't like
Balsamic Vinaigrette: Like

Based on all the reviews I just ordered
$3.79/ bottle and $4.95 for shipping www.Netrition.com
* Bacon Ranch
* Tomato Ketchup
* Syrup, Chocolate
* Chipotle Ranch
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:36 PM   #157  

S/C/G: 135/124/120

I have tried a few dressing but can't seem to tolerate most anymore. The only ones I can stomach now is the BBQ, Bacon Ranch, Blueberry Syrup and Maple Syrup. The Asian dressing is okay. I used it for my stir fry the other night. Not too bad!
Bailey6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:48 PM   #158  

S/C/G: 239.4/ticker/140ish

Height: 5ft 5.5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by smh321pa View Post

I can't wait to buy some candy molds because I am going to make chocolate covered "strawberries" and "peanut butter" cups.
Tell me how the PB cups worked out for you...I would love to have some!!
EmilySebetka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 04:45 PM   #159  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyWit View Post
I think this is all a taste thing - so I will preface my reviews with this - I HATE the taste of artificial sweetners (I am highly allergic to aspartame - so anything that tastes of artificiality makes me nervous even if it isn't aspartame). I am also a trained chef so I tend to be a bit of a food snob so that is where my reviews are coming from -- and I should add that my food downfalls rarely involve sweets but usually (at least before IP) involve savory carbs (I won't torture you all with a list :-) -- but that will help frame my reviews)

I cannot eat any of the WF products straight out of the bottle - so here is what i do

Ranch -- YUCK, YUCK, YUCK - but since I bought it here is how I doctor it up to be passable --I add good quality dijion mustard, a splash or 6 of lemon juice, anchovy paste, garlic paste, fresh (or dried) dill, a lemon shallot pepper, and some franks (or whatever brand you like) hot sauce for a buffalo ranch flavor -- this is passable

Ceasar - okay -- I use it as a base for my basil spinach pesto which I then stuff into chicken breasts --not sure I could eat this one on a salad by itself

Honey Dijon - really really weird aftertaste - I have not experimented enough to make this one a real crowd pleaser - I will update this thread if I find something that works

Italian - this is a good base to add more mustard, perhaps some curry powder, a little vinegar -- of all the dressings this one is the best out of the bottle but not exactly stellar

Ketchup-- This is my FAVORITE --and not for the ketchup - but it is an ideal base for many yummy creations (but by itself as ketchup-- it is only oka)--I make an Asian salad dressing using a dash of sesame oil, a few splashes of soy sauce, a bit of rice vinegar and some Chinese hot mustard powder -- very good on veggies (and in an Asian style slaw) and in stir fries -- I also use it as a base for my BBQ sauce (I make my own) -- I have served both the salad dressing and BBQ sauce to a crowded and got rave reviews (no one knew it wasn't the "real stuff") I also believe this is one of the dressing/condiments that does not have sucralose as one of the first 6 ingredients (which might be why I find this one the most palatable)

I have not tried any of the sweet stuff - so I cannot comment.

I hope this helps - or at least saves you a few dollars (I have spent more then I care to admit on these products but I guess in the name of research and experimentation I can sort of justify it)
Wow...these are great ideas. I am entering week 2 and really struggling with taste and flavor. Thank you!
purple sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 04:52 PM   #160  

S/C/G: 235/205/145

Height: 5'8"

I've had 50/50 luck with WF products. I like the Thousand Island, TAI and Italian Dressings. The Ranch and Blue Cheese Dressings I threw out after one bite and the peanut butter made me sick. I love the BBQ Sauce and now it is the only kind I buy. I went to a New Years party and took BBQ Meatballs and no one could tell the difference with the sauce. All the ladies asked if it was a homemade recipe and when I told them what it was they were shocked. I use if for all of our meat marinading now.

cjward71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 05:27 PM   #161  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilySebetka View Post
Tell me how the PB cups worked out for you...I would love to have some!!
PB is GROSS!!!!....jus sayin
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 03:24 PM   #162  

I baked a chicken breast with WF Tomato and Basil Pasta sauce and a small sprinkle of parmesan cheese. My children couldn't get enough of it! It was YUM!!!

Last edited by motherofeta; 01-08-2012 at 03:25 PM.
motherofeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 03:55 PM   #163  
One pound at a time

S/C/G: 292.2/138.6/146

Height: 5'9"

Eek, I should have read the reviews before buying to containers of the peanut butter. My local stores sells lots of Walden Farms products all for $2.50 each, which is a pretty decent price considering some of the prices I've seen at other locations and online.

I like the chocolate dip; I dip sliced gala apples in it for a sweet dessert.

I like the balsamic and caesar salad dressings. My kids like the ranch dressing, but I haven't tried it yet. My dh likes the seasame ginger dressing, and I find it to be fine, but prefer other flavors. I have some honey dijon in the fridge, but haven't opened it yet.

I'll try to PB in the next few days and come back with a review.
Beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 04:21 PM   #164  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beck View Post
Eek, I should have read the reviews before buying to containers of the peanut butter. My local stores sells lots of Walden Farms products all for $2.50 each, which is a pretty decent price considering some of the prices I've seen at other locations and online.

I like the chocolate dip; I dip sliced gala apples in it for a sweet dessert.

I like the balsamic and caesar salad dressings. My kids like the ranch dressing, but I haven't tried it yet. My dh likes the seasame ginger dressing, and I find it to be fine, but prefer other flavors. I have some honey dijon in the fridge, but haven't opened it yet.

I'll try to PB in the next few days and come back with a review.
PLEASE NOTE......Apples are NOT ALLOWED on the Ideal Protein Diet!!...Thanks for the Tip though Beck we may be able to use it in the later phases BUT Phase 1 does NOT allow fruits
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 05:47 PM   #165  

Height: 5'0"

Ended up throwing all the WF products away. They were waay too sweet and chemically tasting. I was also having a problem with them triggering migraines - just an FYI if you are a migraine sufferer. They are wonderful for those that can use them and I would love to find something. I may try them again later. Always worth a shot.
shelly ann is offline   Reply With Quote