3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Restarting IP (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/222984-restarting-ip.html)

df1960 01-19-2011 07:35 PM

Restarting IP

Hi, I had started IP in October 2009... but only stuck with it for about 2 months, gave up for a lot of different reasons...
But this time is different, last time I wanted to lose weight this time I NEED to lose weight, went for my annual in December and I'm borderline for everything (cholesterol, diabetes, high blood pressure) I'm still at a stage that I can control this.... and I plan on doing that.
I went for my consultation and first weigh in tonight so I officially start IP tomorrow morning.
I'll be visiting here often for support and motivation. Sadly I don't have a good support team (hubby tries) but he's never had a weight problem so he doesn't understand that YES one little bite will make a difference.

showgirlaz 01-19-2011 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by df1960 (Post 3663617)
Hi, I had started IP in October 2009... but only stuck with it for about 2 months, gave up for a lot of different reasons...
But this time is different, last time I wanted to lose weight this time I NEED to lose weight, went for my annual in December and I'm borderline for everything (cholesterol, diabetes, high blood pressure) I'm still at a stage that I can control this.... and I plan on doing that.
I went for my consultation and first weigh in tonight so I officially start IP tomorrow morning.
I'll be visiting here often for support and motivation. Sadly I don't have a good support team (hubby tries) but he's never had a weight problem so he doesn't understand that YES one little bite will make a difference.

It is so nice to have you here with us! Many people don't have the support at home. That makes having a group like this extra special. :) Jump in, share, ask questions, and make yourself comfortable. We are all on the same journey!

couts71 01-19-2011 09:00 PM

Quote:

Welcome and you have come to the right place you will find lots of support and information you will need to help you get through your weight loss journey. :welcome2:

Joliebug82 01-20-2011 10:16 AM

:bravo: to you for being ready to re-start for your health, and welcome! You can do this, because now you want AND need to lose. This forum is invaluable, and you will get so much support and gain loads of knowledge!

I come from a family in which everyone is just naturally thin and tall, and sometimes it's so frustrating because they just don't get it. They are really supportive, especially my parents, and now I love knowing that when I take a picture with them, I won't be the "fat one," just the "short one." :carrot:

mepeterson 01-20-2011 10:49 AM

Quote:

I too am restarting IP (or a version of it anyway). I had lost 44lbs and phased out for a variety of reasons. I am now back on after surgery, steroids, vacation, and weight gain to get to my goal. I am not the weight my ticker says but I am going to leave it there until I reach that weight again!! A good reminder of what I accomplished. Best of luck to you

dollarnme 01-20-2011 10:56 AM

You can do it!!

showgirlaz 01-20-2011 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mepeterson (Post 3664717)
I too am restarting IP (or a version of it anyway). I had lost 44lbs and phased out for a variety of reasons. I am now back on after surgery, steroids, vacation, and weight gain to get to my goal. I am not the weight my ticker says but I am going to leave it there until I reach that weight again!! A good reminder of what I accomplished. Best of luck to you

Melissa! :hug:

So glad you are back! We have a few people on daily chat wanting to know how to phase off before surgery and what to do during recovering. If you have some suggestions, I know they'd be appreciated.

I agree. You shouldn't have to change your ticker. You made it, you'll make it back. Although, it is just as hard losing the weight and not being allowed to moved the ticker as resetting.

ladyvrod 01-20-2011 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mepeterson (Post 3664717)

Maybe a second ticker?? Can see where you were and ans where you are going?