Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 05:01 PM   #91  
Started IP Dec 4, 2010

S/C/G: 216/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutieEli View Post
I was wondering, where do you get the motivation to do the diet?
Is it a before picture, a future vacation, health issues, because you want to feel good about yourself?!

I try to imagine myself thin and it works! But I think I need more than just that to keep me going...not that I want to quit or anything because I would ***hate*** myself for SURE.

So what helps you keep on going everyday and choosing certain things over something else???
Hey CutieEli,

For me I look at the cataloges and try to think of the things I'll buy myself when I can actually decide what to wear instead of buying whatever fits. Since I have not done that in a long, long time, I'm totally out of the loop as to what is in style and what would look good on me. I also went shopping today and tried cloths that were in normal sizes today. OK, they were a little tight but d**mn it felt good!!!

My kids and husband are great cheerleaders (and of course, this place).
Old 01-19-2011, 05:01 PM   #92  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douger963 View Post
It will be nice to get under that 300lb mark, see ya there!

I've already bought some 44s and XXL shirts, because hopefully I'll be ready for them around February 3rd at this rate.
Great work! Keep it up. Nice to see another male here in the group. Best of luck. I have my 2nd WI tomorrow. We shall see what happens.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:30 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Thank you. Thanks also for the different use of the WF Ceasar. It is really the only one I can tolerate by itself and have a full bottle of ranch and honey dijon to do something with.
Checking in on my lunch hour. I just had the chocolate drink for the first time since being on IP - it's delicious!!! Might become my new favorite thing!

Juiceman - I made the honey dijon taste better by adding some dijon mustard and some stevia. It's not my favorite, but at least good enough to use up the bottle.

I know it's been mentioned by many of us how much colder we get after losing some weight. I have also found that if my hands get cold, my index (pointing) fingers go numb - almost like poor circulation. Anyone else have this happen?
Old 01-19-2011, 05:52 PM   #94  
IP Reboot 4/08/17

S/C/G: 258/169/145

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaarin View Post
I know it's been mentioned by many of us how much colder we get after losing some weight. I have also found that if my hands get cold, my index (pointing) fingers go numb - almost like poor circulation. Anyone else have this happen?
thank you so much for saying this. for the last week and a half i could not understand why i am so cold all the time. my best pal said "oh, weird, your diet makes you cold", and i agreed but half joking. but it REALLY is making me cold. my hands are freezing all the time. it's 60 degrees in SF today, which is really really nice, but i keep standing in front of my heater! does the coldness ever end?
Old 01-19-2011, 06:22 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 187/168.6/145

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:

My hands were freezing and my feet when I first started the diet. I think it took me about two months to not have that feeling anymore. I just covered up more.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:25 PM   #96  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammers View Post
So Happy! Weigh in #19 puts me into ONEderland!!! I had a loss of 5.4lbs today for a grand total of 69.3lbs. I am currently doing a happy dance
Alright!!!!!Way to go. I know you are so excited!!!
Old 01-19-2011, 06:46 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 253.6/235.6/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Elk Roast

My neighbor gave me an elk roast. I have never had elk before so would I cook it like a normal roast? I am pretty sure I seen a recipe for a regular roast in the recipe thread but I thought I would check and see if that would work for this? Anyone have a IP friendly elk roast recipe?
Old 01-19-2011, 06:52 PM   #98  
Sandy

S/C/G: 188/154/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Checking in on my lunch hour. I just had the chocolate drink for the first time since being on IP - it's delicious!!! Might become my new favorite thing!

Juiceman - I made the honey dijon taste better by adding some dijon mustard and some stevia. It's not my favorite, but at least good enough to use up the bottle.

Well, I think your index fingers are going numb because you're always do the "happy dance" and pointing those fingers in the air...
Old 01-19-2011, 07:10 PM   #99  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJackson View Post
Good morning everyone!!! It sounds like everyone is doing fabulous with their weight loss, sticking to the plan and getting healthy. I had my WI yesterday, lost 1 more lb. Can't wait for next weeks WI!!! I haven't been in the 150s since, who knows, I can't remember.

My coach was telling me that one of the women in the program told her yesterday that, even though she has lost 25 lbs, she just can't do it and is quitting!!!! I told my coach to call her and tell her about this forum and to NOT GIVE UP!!!! The coach says that she cheats a lot, and doesn't follow the protocol. I hope they call her and tell her to come in here and read everyone's successes, and hiccups, and she'll see that she's not alone and she can do it.

Carla.....I read in one of your posts yesterday that we aren't supposed to be drinking the blueberry drink packet more than 3x a week. Is that all the time, or just the first couple of weeks? I really enjoy the flavor and I usually have that for my 2nd packet at least 5x a week.

NSV for me....my doctor took me completely off of my blood pressure medicine!!! He cut my dose in half a little over a week ago, and that first weekend at half dose my blood pressure was 104-108 over 72-75, so he told me to stop taking it. I'm monitoring it daily and will report back to him should it start elevating. As of right now, it's averaging out at 110/73.

I hope everyone has a great day today.
I have been told to have the blueberry drink or the jello only every other day during the entire time you are on the diet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinobowerRN View Post
I am happy to report that I made it thru day 1 of my IP journey. Did have a headache last night so I did the salt water thing and went to bed. This morning I feel pretty good so far and am still on track!! It is such a motivation boost to read this forum every morning!! Thank you everyone!!
Every thing gets easier as time passes. I have really enjoyed this diet, you can't say that about too many diets. I am real excited about the results, blood work results and looks. keep on keeping on, you'll make it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyM View Post
Ok, here I go, IPers....I'm going to change my goal to 125. 125!!! It almost feels, I don't know, cocky, ya know? But I'm going to take the plunge!!! 125 here I come!!!
Go for it!!!!
Old 01-19-2011, 07:16 PM   #100  
Started IP Sept 20, 2010

S/C/G: 160/123/125

Height: 5'3 Size 4!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcjohn View Post
My hands were freezing and my feet when I first started the diet. I think it took me about two months to not have that feeling anymore. I just covered up more.
Same with me - hands and feet were more cold than usual at the beginning but it did taper off. It helps to drink hot water or tea and I found that since I was using the bathroom so frequently I used really hot water on my hands for longer than usual just to warm myself!!

NSV - so went to Old Navy today and they are having such great sales prices that I actually bought size 6 pants. They are a little snug right now but, hey, they were $7.00!!! I bought two new pair of size 6!! Wow, I never would have guessed I would be here in January!! Yay IPers!! It was so much fun shopping and the entire time I was thinking about all the times I was sweating and crying in dressing rooms across the land. I was thinking about putting some size labels from my new clothes on the pantry door as a reminder! Way more fun going down vs going up in sizes!! Good luck everyone!
Old 01-19-2011, 07:25 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 264.5/183/165

Height: 5ft3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyM View Post
Ok, here I go, IPers....I'm going to change my goal to 125. 125!!! It almost feels, I don't know, cocky, ya know? But I'm going to take the plunge!!! 125 here I come!!!
You go girl! Go for it!
Old 01-19-2011, 07:36 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 264.5/183/165

Height: 5ft3

Thank you for all the congratulations! After I posted that I made it to onderland...I started thinking and realized I weight less now then when I got married and when I met my husband. Exciting thought! Thank your again, it's so nice to be able to have a support group you can share with.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:44 PM   #103  

Height: 5'5"

Soo happy, just got back from Bloom grocery store (Virginia) and they carry WF jellys, syrups, bbq sauce and dressings...Wow. It's the little things in life
Old 01-19-2011, 07:48 PM   #104  
started IP Oct. 15, 2010

S/C/G: 286.5/168/??

Have been struggling with cheating here and there but today at my weigh-in I found I lost 3 pounds and half an inch everywhere but my chest, and that my bp was 112/62. I've been on this diet just over 3 months (since October 15). As of today's weigh-in I've lost 42 pounds, 7 inches in my chest, 5 in my waist, 5 in my hips, 1.5 in my arms, and 2 in my thighs.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:49 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 227/212/150

Height: 5'2''

After a tough 2nd week, I am thrilled to say WI 2 was a surprise. I lost another 7 pounds. My 2 week total is.... 15 pounds! Are you kidding me??? All the times I joined WW I never had a 15 pound weight loss in 2 weeks. Do you see me doing the happy dance?
Closed Thread