Old 01-01-2011, 01:28 AM   #1  

Default doctor told me to stop IP diet

*delete*

Last edited by pookee; 02-03-2011 at 11:54 PM.
pookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 03:25 AM   #2  
Le geek, c'est chic

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150ish

Height: 5'2" and change

I'm neither a doctor nor one of the many types of also-not-doctors who nevertheless dispense health information professionally, but how do YOU feel about stopping? Is there another plan that your advisor could recommend that wouldn't compromise other treatments? Are there other professionals whose advice you trust who could give you a second opinion?

Forgive me if I sound a little baffled; I just don't think I've yet heard of anyone in a health-related profession actually tell a client to stop trying to achieve a normal weight as long as it was being done safely. There must have been extenuating circumstances, but...even so, it may be wise to consult someone else, perhaps someone with a different approach such as a conventional medical doctor, just to gain greater perspective on your options.

I wish you good luck and good health regardless of your ultimate decision.

Last edited by Nola Celeste; 01-01-2011 at 03:25 AM.
Nola Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 08:03 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

We do care. That is one of the great things about this forum. We are relative strangers caring and supporting each other.

You need to do what is best for you!

I have thyroid cancer and both my endocrinologist and cardiologist are supporting me in my ip trip.

Personally loosing weight is part of my physical and mental healing.

I feel better about everything when I feel better about myself.

It is a new year to take care of yourself. I support your choice to ip or not.
in4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 09:53 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 190.4/136/140

Height: 5' 5"

My weight has been up and down over the years...I lose it, but then I get back to my old eating habits and it creeps up on me. It seems to have happened even faster this time. I find I am moody and unbearable to live with (ask my husband) when I gain the weight back. I think losing this weight will help my anger issues, solving two problems at once for me. YAY!!
Happy New Year!!
Hollmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 12:28 PM   #5  

*delete*

Last edited by pookee; 02-03-2011 at 11:54 PM.
Old 01-01-2011, 12:28 PM   #6  

Does anyone know how I can change the title of this thread? It sounds a tad dramatic
Old 01-01-2011, 12:29 PM   #7  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

Life is an interesting journey - we put our trust in the "professionals" even when it is not what we believe or trust. Lack of confidence and those little guys that talk in our heads want to tell us we aren't good enough or we can't do it. I have people tell me all of the time that they can't do IP because they can't give up their fruit or their cheese or whatever. I am here to tell you that you are capable of doing anything that you want. This support team that you automatically get while on IP can help you get there. Don't give up on something that you are wanting for yourself. You are worth more than that. Maybe with a reduction in weight some of the issues you are trying to correct with the homeopath will disappear. My health is extremely improved since my wieght lose. Good luck to you - do what you know you need to do to improve your life. Only you know what that is.

Last edited by rosemary2612; 01-01-2011 at 12:31 PM.
rosemary2612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 12:32 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 245.6/193.4/180.0 IP 10/17/10

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemary2612 View Post
Life is an interesting journey - we put our trust in the "professionals" even when it is not what we believe or trust. Lack of confidence and those little guys that talk in our heads want to tell us we aren't good enough or we can't do it. I have people tell me all of the time that they can't do IP because they can't give up their fruit or their cheese or whatever. I am here to tell you that you are capable of doing anything that you want. This support team that you automatically get while on IP can help you get there. Don't give up on something that you are wanting for yourself. You are worth more than that. Maybe with a reduction in weight some of the issues you are trying to correct with the homeopath will disappear. My health is extremely improved since my wieght lose. Good luck to you - do what you know you need to do to improve your life. Only you know what that is.
Amen!
cmsgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 12:36 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookee View Post
Does anyone know how I can change the title of this thread? It sounds a tad dramatic
Unfortunately, only a moderator can change a thread title. If you really want it changed, you can PM (send a private message) the moderators, Leenie and Ruthxxx. Their names and links to their profiles are at the bottom of the Ideal Protein main forum page. They're BUSY ladies, so give them a couple of days to get back to you.

I hope sharing the information, asking a few questions and reading the responses has helped you sort out what YOU want to do.

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 01-01-2011 at 01:06 PM.
I'm svelting! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 12:39 PM   #10  
Le geek, c'est chic

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150ish

Height: 5'2" and change

I wish you all the best, both with IP and with your health in general.
Nola Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 12:42 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I have Breast Cancer and am in treatment and my doctors are very pleased that I have lost weight and kept it off.

Last edited by bargoo; 01-01-2011 at 12:47 PM.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 01:58 PM   #12  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Hi Pookee, I do remember you and wish you and your little ones all the best.

I imagine I was the first to read your post last night since I'm at the tag end of the US/Canadian time zones. It truly disturbed me but I didn't know how to put it it into words. That old dilemna of an either/or proposition: either you do heilkunst or you do IP, and never the twain shall meet. But that simply doesn't make sense, to me at least.

If heilkunst advocates that "Patients may continue using any doctor-prescribed drugs without interfering with the Heilkunst treatment. By the same token, Heilkunst treatment itself doesn’t interfere with any other treatment that patients may choose to undergo, [my italics] although with Heilkunst treatment many other treatments may become unnecessary, depending on the particular case and the patient’s preference."

I don't know what underlying problem/s you are treating, nevertheless I'm trying to put myself in your shoes. Unless your doctor's remedy further reduces your nutrient, mineral, vitamin, and amino acids absorption (let's say through extreme cleansing), and doesn't replace them, then I can see her concern. But the source of the concern shouldn't be the IP program where you will probably be eating healthier than any time in your life after nursing -- if you follow the program carefully and take ALL the supplements.

I'm not a cheerleader for IP nor do I mean to denigrate your doctor. It's just that what you posted signals a serious logical disconnect (to me). My first concern would be my overall health, the well-being of my two little children, and the permanent model you are setting for their future health. However you achieve that, I wish you luck.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 06:57 PM   #13  

*delete*

Last edited by pookee; 02-03-2011 at 11:55 PM.
Old 01-01-2011, 07:05 PM   #14  

By "go through the healing process with her" does she mean "pay her for a series of office visits"?
MariaMaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 10:38 PM   #15  

*delete*

Last edited by pookee; 02-03-2011 at 11:55 PM.