Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 05:59 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default IP Weekend Chat - Jan 15-16, 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!
and happy new year!!!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 01-15-2011, 06:07 AM   #2  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Trying to figure out if I did the mini-goal album in my signature correct. Well, gang....I am leaving my clinic...I don't feel supported there, I get so much support from many of you. I am going to move myself to phase 2 so that I can workout more and I am going to buy alternatives.
Old 01-15-2011, 07:27 AM   #3  
Started IP on 1/3/2011

S/C/G: 308/308/150

Height: 5' 2"

Stopped by the doc yesterday just to pick up food and he wanted to do another weight in. I was a little nervous since I had just gotten weighed on Monday but found out I was down another 2 lbs. Not bad!

Also bought some ketostix strips and it is showing moderate right now. Think I am off to a good newbie start.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
Old 01-15-2011, 07:53 AM   #4  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
Trying to figure out if I did the mini-goal album in my signature correct. Well, gang....I am leaving my clinic...I don't feel supported there, I get so much support from many of you. I am going to move myself to phase 2 so that I can workout more and I am going to buy alternatives.
I am thinking about doing the same thing at the end of the month. I have learnt more on this site then from my coach. I have an internet coach so I don't go see her at all. Everything is email - and I don't really ask her anything because I have read it all here. She just basically sends me my IP packs which I am totally ok with.

It seems like you know the protocol, your body, and are totally determined to get the weight off and maintain it. I think you will do fine with the alternatives!!
Old 01-15-2011, 09:09 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 196/188/125

Height: 5'0"

ugg - day 2 for me and I'm feeling it. I'm really having problems finding foods that I like. I'm trying the 2nd drink for breakfast and they all remind me of that floride stuff you use to have to swish around at the dentist. It almost makes me gag. I couldn't even drink the one I prepared last night (peach/mango).

So needless to say - I'm starving. I'm seriously thinking of breaking down and having a restricted bar.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:28 AM   #6  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickmouse View Post
ugg - day 2 for me and I'm feeling it. I'm really having problems finding foods that I like. I'm trying the 2nd drink for breakfast and they all remind me of that floride stuff you use to have to swish around at the dentist. It almost makes me gag. I couldn't even drink the one I prepared last night (peach/mango).

So needless to say - I'm starving. I'm seriously thinking of breaking down and having a restricted bar.
Hang in there. When I first started I didn't like most of the foods. Now I have favorites that I really like. The cereal is one of those. At first I couldn't stand it and now I love it. Try adding some extra punch to them with spices. I use cinnamon a lot. I add some decaf coffee to my cappuccino or chocolate drink. On the puddings I dab WF marshmallow. I still don't care for some of the fruit flavored drinks so I pass on those. Experiment and you will find that they are better jazzed up a bit. I really like the oatmeal now too even though it is a resticted. Fills you up! The vanilla RTD is one of my favorites too with cinnamon or nutmeg added to it. I also found by adding some extra water to the fruit drinks made them easier to tolerate for me.

Good luck!

Last edited by iowahawkeyemom; 01-15-2011 at 09:29 AM.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:30 AM   #7  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

Quote:

You can mix your RTD drinks with coffee or spiced tea and they are good. I add splenda to them. If you use herbal tea it can count as water, too. I was allowed restricted bars from day 1. They did not slow my weight loss. For some people they do, so monitor it well. For some people they have to change it up a bit to make it work for them. You can try to eat your meat at lunch and a protein packet at dinner. Have you tried the scrambled eggs? I use to cook mushrooms, peppers (all colors), zuchinni, and celery and put the egg packet cooked into it andf that makes a great dinner. Read the recipes and try to find a way of making this work. It is so worth it. Keep coming back!
Old 01-15-2011, 09:35 AM   #8  
Started IP Dec 4, 2010

S/C/G: 216/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

Hi Slickmouse,

The first few days are definetly the worst. Read posts and recipes and you'll find some ideas you like. I found this site that has a lot of recipes with packets. Some look pretty good. http://www.livewellus.com/resources.html

Good luck to you. Go day by day and make sure you eat what you are suppose to. Your body needs it.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:52 AM   #9  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

Any tips on getting rid of the saccharine sweet taste in the back of my throat from the chocolate pancakes? By the way, those are gross! Has anyone actually gotten them to come out right? Thanks in advance!

Jolie
Old 01-15-2011, 09:55 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 264.5/183/165

Height: 5ft3

Quote:

Hang in there....you will be so happy after your first weigh in! I have been doing this for 18 weeks and you will find your favorites and ways to make things taste better. I use the vanilla RTD drink in coffee with stevia sweetened vanilla and splenda. I seriously like it better than a starbucks. If you heat the RTD drink in your mug first, then put the coffee in it is nice and creamy.
Also, try the cereal with cinnamon and ice cold water. It will make you feel like you are eating something. The key is ice cold water, then it's like milk. The cinnamon makes it like a treat.

When you get really hungry drink extra water that will help too.

Best of luck, you can do this!
Old 01-15-2011, 10:02 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Height: 5'4"

YES YES YES YES!
The scale moved! I knew it would just take a little bit!
I am officially at a 30 pounds gone point!
Old 01-15-2011, 10:05 AM   #12  
CBG

S/C/G: 196/163/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicmom734 View Post
YES YES YES YES!
Hooray! Congratulations on the 30 lbs gone. That is quite an accomplishment.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:08 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 264.5/183/165

Height: 5ft3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicmom734 View Post
YES YES YES YES!
Congratulations! Love those moments!

Old 01-15-2011, 10:25 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 215/158.3/145

Height: 5'8"

Talking

After hitting a plateau for WEEKS, my scale is finally moving again. But the real victory is that I just bought size 8 pants (down from size 18). I teach HS and the kids had been bugging me to get smaller pants. Comments almost every day about my saggy behind prompted me to go shopping. Imagine the thrill of skipping size 10 and going straight to an 8! So, even if the pounds weren't dropping, the body shape was. YAY!!
Old 01-15-2011, 10:30 AM   #15  

I had my 2nd WI this morning and lost 2.4 lb. A total of 9.6 lb. in 2 weeks!! I'm so excited about this program!!
Closed Thread