Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2011, 03:56 PM   #121  
Started IP 01/10/11
 
juiceman11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Hutchinson, Kansas
Posts: 474

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rox824 View Post
After hitting a plateau for WEEKS, my scale is finally moving again. But the real victory is that I just bought size 8 pants (down from size 18). I teach HS and the kids had been bugging me to get smaller pants. Comments almost every day about my saggy behind prompted me to go shopping. Imagine the thrill of skipping size 10 and going straight to an 8! So, even if the pounds weren't dropping, the body shape was. YAY!!
Awesome, way to go!
juiceman11 is offline  
Old 01-16-2011, 03:58 PM   #122  
Senior Member
 
Medicmom734's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 231

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegsi View Post
I would like to post some before and during pictures but I can't get them to upload I am not very computer savvy. If someone could help me figure it out I would appreciate it.

On another note I did IP phase 1 from August 2010 to November 2010 and then I phased off and did maintenance and worked out quite vigorously for a month before I realized I missed IP and everything about it (well almost everything) I missed chatting and reading the experiences here. I missed seeing and feeling the drastic changes in my body. And I missed how good I felt both physically and mentally while eating on plan. I found I was not ready to be fully in charge of what I was eating as I made some poor choices and repeated past mistakes.
So I waited til Christmas was over (very impatiently I think) and started again.

In November I was so done with IP I wanted to eat "normal" again, I had had enough,at the weight of 150 (the weight my coach wanted for my goal weight) I phased off. I need to be done then. It didn't take long to realize I needed to be back. So here I am again 2 weeks into the program and very pleased. So far I think I am stronger and wiser and more prepared!
So if you are considering phasing off, If you are tired of IP and want to live "normal" If you are happy with your weight and think good enough... well do it, Phase off, try maintenance live "normal" for awhile. Then come back! When and if you want to. Don't let anyone make your life decisions for you, we all learn so much about ourselves and our bodies on this IP journey. Your coach is not in charge of your body you are and you are the only one who knows whats right for you. If you don't do this for you all the work will be for naught! The weight will come back, the poor eating habits and poor lifestyle choices will come back. You are in charge of you! MY BODY MY BRAIN THIS IS FOR ME!
Well said! Bravo!

As for the pictures. You must make sure that they are small enough. then open a thread in the mini goal album and scroll down where you see manage attachments. Then just attach them as you would to an email or such. You can also add them to your post in here by doing the same, just scroll down and you will see the manage attachments button!

I can't wait to see them. If you are still having problems, I will be home later tonight, and if you're online, I will give you a hand!
Medicmom734 is offline  
Old 01-16-2011, 04:07 PM   #123  
[url=http://www.3fatchick
 
pumpkyparry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: So. Florida
Posts: 169

S/C/G: 221-3/4/152/160

Height: 5 ft 2 inches

Default

I'm getting the"Dutch Uncle" treatment from my favorite people.....and its working.....Thanks a million.

Marilyn
pumpkyparry is offline  
Old 01-16-2011, 04:18 PM   #124  
[url=http://www.3fatchick
 
pumpkyparry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: So. Florida
Posts: 169

S/C/G: 221-3/4/152/160

Height: 5 ft 2 inches

Default

That message was for Linden, msgrrl, and Pegsi..,.,evidently I DON'T know how to multi-quote.....

You have my heartfelt thanks!

Marilyn
pumpkyparry is offline  
Old 01-16-2011, 04:25 PM   #125  
Senior Member
 
I'm svelting!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: GTA, ON, Canada
Posts: 966

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmsgrrl View Post
I wish I'm svelting would post more! Miss her.
Shucks, just when I was thinking of fading into the woodwork!
I'm svelting! is offline  
Old 01-16-2011, 04:28 PM   #126  
Re-Start 8/6/2012
 
Lesley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 162

S/C/G: 202/152/155

Height: 5'7

Default

HEEEEEEELLLLLLLOOOOOO!!!!

Man I have missed you guys!!!! I have been running my daily shrinking behind off basically since Christmas!!! It has been fantastic though!! I am still on plan, I just havent had much time to write! I am down 26 pounds, it is coming off slow, but it is coming off so who cares. lol.

Well - we leave to JAMAICA on Feb 2nd!!! I am going with the hubby 4 of our other friends. And............I bought a bikini. YUP - I said it. BIKINI!!!!!!
It might take me all 7 days to get the courage to wear it out in public but, I must admit as long as I dont run in it, I look pretty hot!!! BAHAHAHA!!!

Before I go DARBS!!! Look how your face has changed!!! Love your new profile pic!!! You look FANTASTIC!!! You were the first one I noticed when I was reading the board today!!! GOOD WORK!!!

Also - WELCOME NEWBIES!!!!! You have made a fantastic decision, and the support here is second to none! Read, Read, Read!!!!

Alright, I think i'm done. Take care everyone!!
Lesley is offline  
Old 01-16-2011, 04:28 PM   #127  
Senior Member
 
cmsgrrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 276

S/C/G: 245.6/193.4/180.0 IP 10/17/10

Height: 5' 8"

Default

Mariylyn I have found the easiest way to multi-quote is to open two pages of my bookmarked IP site. I page down to the bottom of the thread and open a message reply. On the other open IP thread I find someone I want to quote. When that is open I copy that quote to the other page. Then I go back to the thread I am reading, find another to quote, then copy it to the still open other IP message response page.

I am probably not explaining well enough!!

You use one open session of a thread to make your responses use the other open thread to make quotes and copy to the response thread.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by cmsgrrl; 01-16-2011 at 04:30 PM.
cmsgrrl is offline  
Old 01-16-2011, 04:31 PM   #128  
Senior Member
 
cmsgrrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 276

S/C/G: 245.6/193.4/180.0 IP 10/17/10

Height: 5' 8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
Shucks, just when I was thinking of fading into the woodwork!
Woohoo glad to see you posting!!
cmsgrrl is offline  
Old 01-16-2011, 04:38 PM   #129  
Member
 
PepperGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 32

Default

Are diet soft drinks allowed in Phase 4? What about Phase 3?
PepperGal is offline  
Old 01-16-2011, 06:00 PM   #130  
Senior Member
 
kjw83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: kansas
Posts: 102

S/C/G: 153/129/120-125

Height: 5'1"

Smile Hormones and acne

Can anyone tell me if IP will regulate hormones and clear up acne?? I`ve seen those topics referred to briefly, but just wondering if anyone could tell me anything about that. I take bioidentical hormones, and will I be able to get off of them? I have acne from the hormone imbalance...will that clear up on this diet? I`m only 27, so I would really like to be able to get off of the hormones! I`ve had a good wkend on plan so far, despite going places. I took my own food, and felt a little stupid, but I felt so good that I was able to not care about eating the other food. When that scales moves down it is way more than worth it!!
kjw83 is offline  
Old 01-16-2011, 08:35 PM   #131  
4me
 
wendyiris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 53

S/C/G: 270/245/160

Height: 5' 9"

Default

Just a quick note to apologize if my signature stretched the pages too much....trying to get help on sizing that thing down. I'm just so excited that I'm able to lose weight after 10 years of "knocking my head against the wall" trying to do so. It was not my intention to be obnoxious with my stats.....

Hope everyone has a great week!

Wendy
wendyiris is offline  
Old 01-16-2011, 08:39 PM   #132  
4me
 
wendyiris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 53

S/C/G: 270/245/160

Height: 5' 9"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnymae View Post
go to www.idealtogo.com and you can do it all online. they'll give you a coach, you can order your food, you can get all your tips, guidance and support from all these amazing posts you see on the forum. You can take your own measurements or if you belong to a gym, you can have your BMI index recorded, or find a pharmacy or clinic that can do that for you. Hope that helps. I have a nice coach, but tell you the truth, the best advice, tips, recipes and explanations I've gotten from this forum go WAY beyond anything my coach has ever explained to me. Half the time I tell him something I learned here in the chat room and he's like...."really, wow!!! I didn't know that.
Good luck and stick with us
I do www.idealtogo.com, too. I don't have time to do weekly weigh-ins and I've found that (for me)...when it comes down to it....it's up to me to just do it. This forum has been very helpful as well.
wendyiris is offline  
Old 01-16-2011, 08:49 PM   #133  
Member
 
sweetpea2011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 56

S/C/G: 162/ ? /130

Height: 5'3"

Default

Well, I go in for my second weigh in tomorrow. I am down on my home scale but it is my coaches scale that counts! I can't wait to see how I did!!

Another question (I have had lots this week) - On my list of vegetables it says I can have radishes... but I was also told that I can't have root vegetables. Are radishes okay? Also, I have Montreal Steak Spice and a Lemon and Herb spice in my cupboard that are both 0-0-0... are they still okay to use even though they have the added salt.
sweetpea2011 is offline  
Old 01-16-2011, 09:50 PM   #134  
Love
 
SashaJS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 135

S/C/G: 287.3/228.3/160 restartApr25

Height: 5'5"

Default

Hey everyone!

I just dropped in to say a quick hello. My life has gone from 0-100 in a matter of days thanks to school and clinical. Im still hanging on though. Lost 1.6lbs last WI. I think thats good considering my body MUST be in shock from all the changes going on in my world.

Anyways, there's a bottomless pit of homework calling my name, so I should probably get going.

Keep on keeping on everyone! Take care!!
SashaJS is offline  
Old 01-16-2011, 09:59 PM   #135  
Senior Member
 
showgirlaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 2,095

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkyparry View Post
My latest thought this a.m., after my coach's insensitivity is as follows:

1. When I was 42 years old (and overweight of course) I joined WW and 13 months later, I reached the goal they set for me which was 137 lbs (a loss of 103 lbs), Unfortunately, the weight for the most part returned and I yo-yo-d for years.

2. Now some 30+ years later, having lost 74.25 lbs in 7+months and weighing 147.25 lbs. my coach suggests I continue and lose 100 lbs. I think she cares not for my health, but more for what she can say about her clinic.

It is disappointing because I considered her a friend also, but I probably have to rise above my disappointment and take all the knowledge and help I can as I go thru phases 2,3,4. Actually, I printed the phases out from this site so mostly need the potassium-calcium, and the cal-mags...and my weigh-ins. A happy note.. I have a cruise to Cozamel comng up the first week of Feb so I could be doing phase 3 by then?

Mariyn
I think you could absolutely be in phase 3 by then. But, one of those who has more experience in phase 3 or 4 might be able to give you some better advice based on what they did and what they wished they'd done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammers View Post
Well according to my scale this morning I have blasted right past getting under 200 and am now at 196.6, and don't have my official weigh in until Wednesday AM. That means I am already at 5-6lbs for the week and still have 3 days left. I was so afraid my body would not let me get to below 200, I actually had myself convinced it wouldn't happen. I haven't been under 200 lbs in at least 12 years, probably more like 15. I just had to say it to someone...thanks for listening!
ONEDERLAND!!! WOO HOO!!!

Congratulations! You really deserve some attention for breaking through. The thing to remember is this diet WORKS, there really aren't many barriers or problems if you follow it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicmom734 View Post
Good Morning all!

A quick drop in from work! It's another chilly day in Central Manitoba!
I am not a weigh every day sort of girl, but since I had this 4 week plateau, and I do mean plateau of fluctuating only a pound for 4 weeks, I got on the scale 3 days in a row, and have noted a 1 pound loss each day! Yes! The scale is finally moving!
This morning I am down another pound, although unofficial, the move is encouraging!
I am so glad you stuck it out! You are another great testimony to sticking with it and breaking through through tough plateaus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly0618 View Post
Good Morning everyone!!
Well, I am very happy this morning. I started the IP Diet two weeks ago. I have been weighing in at my home scale and I love to see the pounds drop!!
I started at 170.6 and this morning I checked and I was at the 158.6 mark!!
I am loving this, especially because I don't feel hungry at all! This next week I will start exercising again and hopefully help my body burn more fat.
I can't wait to see if the exercise makes it a lot easier to lose weight.

Have a nice weekend everyone!! Talk to you soon.
Congratulations! Those are wonderful results for 2 weeks. I bet you couldn't help writing those results and grinning. Start by slowly adding back exercise and don't forget to add an extra packet or egg on the days you exercise. You will need it!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegsi View Post
I would like to post some before and during pictures but I can't get them to upload I am not very computer savvy. If someone could help me figure it out I would appreciate it.

On another note I did IP phase 1 from August 2010 to November 2010 and then I phased off and did maintenance and worked out quite vigorously for a month before I realized I missed IP and everything about it (well almost everything) I missed chatting and reading the experiences here. I missed seeing and feeling the drastic changes in my body. And I missed how good I felt both physically and mentally while eating on plan. I found I was not ready to be fully in charge of what I was eating as I made some poor choices and repeated past mistakes.
So I waited til Christmas was over (very impatiently I think) and started again.

In November I was so done with IP I wanted to eat "normal" again, I had had enough,at the weight of 150 (the weight my coach wanted for my goal weight) I phased off. I need to be done then. It didn't take long to realize I needed to be back. So here I am again 2 weeks into the program and very pleased. So far I think I am stronger and wiser and more prepared!
So if you are considering phasing off, If you are tired of IP and want to live "normal" If you are happy with your weight and think good enough... well do it, Phase off, try maintenance live "normal" for awhile. Then come back! When and if you want to. Don't let anyone make your life decisions for you, we all learn so much about ourselves and our bodies on this IP journey. Your coach is not in charge of your body you are and you are the only one who knows whats right for you. If you don't do this for you all the work will be for naught! The weight will come back, the poor eating habits and poor lifestyle choices will come back. You are in charge of you! MY BODY MY BRAIN THIS IS FOR ME!
Beautiful testimony!! Very encouraging for other, imho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkyparry View Post
I'm getting the"Dutch Uncle" treatment from my favorite people.....and its working.....Thanks a million.

Marilyn
OK, have to ask, what is "dutch uncle"???

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
Shucks, just when I was thinking of fading into the woodwork!
Not possible! Put that idea out of your pretty little head!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
About five months ago, when Carla brought up the subject of hair lose, I freaked. Having very fine hair and hypothyroidism had already equaled hair lost. I couldn't afford to be snatched bald-headed even if it meant better health.

Off line someone suggested an OTC supplement she said was worth looking into. I usually shy away from these kind of suggestions but I talked with the guy who handles the "drug" ordering for a health store I pretty much respect. I must have pushed some button because he went on and on about women cancer survivors who had had incredible success with it for regrowing hair. So I decided to try it, and all I can say is I haven't had the hair lose others report. It's Inositol. I'm not recommending it; just commenting. I know you'll do your own research.
The supplements I chose to use were quite high in inositol and biotin. My research led me to believe that was likely to be a weak area and something I needed to boost. A week ago a friend commented how much healthier my hair was looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesley View Post
HEEEEEEELLLLLLLOOOOOO!!!!

Man I have missed you guys!!!! I have been running my daily shrinking behind off basically since Christmas!!! It has been fantastic though!! I am still on plan, I just havent had much time to write! I am down 26 pounds, it is coming off slow, but it is coming off so who cares. lol.

Well - we leave to JAMAICA on Feb 2nd!!! I am going with the hubby 4 of our other friends. And............I bought a bikini. YUP - I said it. BIKINI!!!!!!
It might take me all 7 days to get the courage to wear it out in public but, I must admit as long as I dont run in it, I look pretty hot!!! BAHAHAHA!!!
LESLEY!!! Welcome back!!! I see the holidays have treated you very well. I do hope you get up the courage before day 7. You have certainly earned the opportunity to wear that bikini!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepperGal View Post
Are diet soft drinks allowed in Phase 4? What about Phase 3?
Diet soda is fine to be low carb. It just isn't very healthy and it can make the body very acidic. My coach and others I know prefer it be limited but, do allow for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw83 View Post
Can anyone tell me if IP will regulate hormones and clear up acne?? I`ve seen those topics referred to briefly, but just wondering if anyone could tell me anything about that. I take bioidentical hormones, and will I be able to get off of them? I have acne from the hormone imbalance...will that clear up on this diet? I`m only 27, so I would really like to be able to get off of the hormones! I`ve had a good wkend on plan so far, despite going places. I took my own food, and felt a little stupid, but I felt so good that I was able to not care about eating the other food. When that scales moves down it is way more than worth it!!
Yes, to some extent it will help regulate hormones. The diet is not strongly talked about or intended to do that so, it is a bit of a "case by case" testimony to how well it works. If your acne is PCOS/ insulin resistance related you may see a big change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpea2011 View Post
Well, I go in for my second weigh in tomorrow. I am down on my home scale but it is my coaches scale that counts! I can't wait to see how I did!!

Another question (I have had lots this week) - On my list of vegetables it says I can have radishes... but I was also told that I can't have root vegetables. Are radishes okay? Also, I have Montreal Steak Spice and a Lemon and Herb spice in my cupboard that are both 0-0-0... are they still okay to use even though they have the added salt.
Radishes are ok (4c per cup). They are trying to keep you away from turnips, rutabaga, parsnip, beet, carrots, etc. Turnips are fine after week one, rutabaga is an occasional (it has 15carbs per cooked cup).

The spices are generally fine. Watch to see if your weight loss slows the week you use the seasonings. It might be the salt.
showgirlaz is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:47 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.