Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 10:58 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning all!

A quick drop in from work! It's another chilly day in Central Manitoba!
I am not a weigh every day sort of girl, but since I had this 4 week plateau, and I do mean plateau of fluctuating only a pound for 4 weeks, I got on the scale 3 days in a row, and have noted a 1 pound loss each day! Yes! The scale is finally moving!
This morning I am down another pound, although unofficial, the move is encouraging!
Thank you all for the comments on my pictures. I was a little apprehensive about posting in my skivvies, but really, it covers more than most bikinis! I had to laugh when I took the last set of photos, because those underwear are so stretched out that they slide all over! I will conrinue to use them for the pictures, but am unable to wear them!
Old 01-16-2011, 11:11 AM   #107  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkyparry View Post
It is disappointing because I considered [my IP coach] a friend also, but I probably have to rise above my disappointment and take all the knowledge and help I can as I go thru phases 2,3,4. Actually, I printed the phases out from this site so mostly need the potassium-calcium, and the cal-mags...and my weigh-ins. A happy note.. I have a cruise to Cozamel comng up the first week of Feb so I could be doing phase 3 by then?
It's always disappointing when people don't respond the way you expect. Your money, your body ... YOU get to say when you're at goal! As someone who's decided to get to optimal weight in two or more weight loss periods, split by a period of maintenance, I support your decision and will cheer you on in whatever you decide.

Marilyn

The trick with the supplements is figuring out how much of the elemental mineral is in the compound. For example there are 800 mg of potassium bicarbonate in the K-Cal tablets, but we've got to figure out how many grams of that 800 mg is potassium and how many are bicarbonate. Chemistry is not my strong suit. Any one have the chops to jump in?

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 01-16-2011 at 11:15 AM.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:18 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Good morning!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammers View Post
Happy Sunday All! I am guilty of checking the home scale frequently during the week. However, I only count my official weigh in and don't let the mid week weigh in at home freak me out, my doctors scale and mine are within a lb of eachother. With that being said, I have to say I am having one wacky wonderful week! I have been trying to get to under 200 for a few weeks and had some missteps during the holidays, I put them behind and refocused. Well according to my scale this morning I have blasted right past getting under 200 and am now at 196.6, and don't have my official weigh in until Wednesday AM. That means I am already at 5-6lbs for the week and still have 3 days left. I was so afraid my body would not let me get to below 200, I actually had myself convinced it wouldn't happen. I haven't been under 200 lbs in at least 12 years, probably more like 15. I just had to say it to someone...thanks for listening!
Welcome to ONEDERLAND!! I just got here a couple of weeks ago myself - it feels so good doesn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliebug82 View Post
Oh, and the best part. Just now tucked him in (an hour late!) and asked what was the best part of his night. He hugged me so tight, and said, "Spending it with you mom. All of it was my favorite because we were together. And now that you're working to get healthy so you can live longer, that means we'll get to spend longer together loving each other from Earth, not Heaven." Children really hit the nail on the head sometimes.
What a wonderful story. "Out of the mouths of babes..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
I agree, the coaches definately see dollar signs. Go with what makes you happy. Good luck
Great pics darbs! You are such an inspiration!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicmom734 View Post
Good Morning all!

A quick drop in from work! It's another chilly day in Central Manitoba!
I am not a weigh every day sort of girl, but since I had this 4 week plateau, and I do mean plateau of fluctuating only a pound for 4 weeks, I got on the scale 3 days in a row, and have noted a 1 pound loss each day! Yes! The scale is finally moving!
This morning I am down another pound, although unofficial, the move is encouraging!
Thank you all for the comments on my pictures. I was a little apprehensive about posting in my skivvies, but really, it covers more than most bikinis! I had to laugh when I took the last set of photos, because those underwear are so stretched out that they slide all over! I will conrinue to use them for the pictures, but am unable to wear them!
So glad to hear the scale is moving for you this week. Your progress photos REALLY show a difference - wow! You must feel wonderful.

Last night I was dreaming about shopping for a new swim suit for our vacation. This has been something I have totally dreaded doing in the past, but this year I am actually quite excited to shop for that as well as shorts, capris and new tops. I'm waiting until just a week or two before we leave though as I still have at least one size to drop.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:46 AM   #109  
New to IP

S/C/G: 170.6/152/130

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning everyone!!
Well, I am very happy this morning. I started the IP Diet two weeks ago. I have been weighing in at my home scale and I love to see the pounds drop!!
I started at 170.6 and this morning I checked and I was at the 158.6 mark!!
I am loving this, especially because I don't feel hungry at all! This next week I will start exercising again and hopefully help my body burn more fat.
I can't wait to see if the exercise makes it a lot easier to lose weight.

Have a nice weekend everyone!! Talk to you soon.
Old 01-16-2011, 12:02 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 245.6/193.4/180.0 IP 10/17/10

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly0618 View Post
Good Morning everyone!!
Well, I am very happy this morning. I started the IP Diet two weeks ago. I have been weighing in at my home scale and I love to see the pounds drop!!
I started at 170.6 and this morning I checked and I was at the 158.6 mark!!
I am loving this, especially because I don't feel hungry at all! This next week I will start exercising again and hopefully help my body burn more fat.
I can't wait to see if the exercise makes it a lot easier to lose weight.

Have a nice weekend everyone!! Talk to you soon.
Congratulations - keep up the good work!
Old 01-16-2011, 12:08 PM   #111  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adnamaj View Post
So I've been calling numerous representatives in my area and none of them have gotten back to me and it's been two weeks. IP will only give you a certain amount of numbers so I'm at a lost... I live in Salem, Ma.

Could you please rephrase the question?? That might help us figure out what you're trying to get answers for.

Carla Thanks for asking, my Christmas was awesome. For the first time in years we didn't go anywhere or have anyone over. IP was a breeze!
Thanks for the nice comment.

Linden Thanks for responding. I haven't had any of those symptoms, but like you said, still doesn't mean anything. The human body is very interesting. BTW, I have some good Himalayan salt, but it "probably" isn't as good as the Hawaiin salt, so maybe I can talk my hubby into flying me over there for salt. Think he'd go for it? Hee hee
Old 01-16-2011, 12:10 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Quote:
So I've been calling numerous representatives in my area and none of them have gotten back to me and it's been two weeks. IP will only give you a certain amount of numbers so I'm at a lost... I live in Salem, Ma.
go to www.idealtogo.com and you can do it all online. they'll give you a coach, you can order your food, you can get all your tips, guidance and support from all these amazing posts you see on the forum. You can take your own measurements or if you belong to a gym, you can have your BMI index recorded, or find a pharmacy or clinic that can do that for you. Hope that helps. I have a nice coach, but tell you the truth, the best advice, tips, recipes and explanations I've gotten from this forum go WAY beyond anything my coach has ever explained to me. Half the time I tell him something I learned here in the chat room and he's like...."really, wow!!! I didn't know that.
Good luck and stick with us
Old 01-16-2011, 12:14 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Quote:
Sorry Adnamaj...I may have misunderstood your question below!!! I thought you were looking to start IP in your area and were having trouble locating a clinic.
Old 01-16-2011, 12:30 PM   #114  

Quote:
Hi! I replied to your post in the IP - Tips for Newbies thread.

Essentially ... call the main contact number and let them know exactly what's happened:
- you called clinics "a,b,c" on day "x",
- it's now day x+10, and you have not received a return call from any of the clinics.
Then ask how they can help you to get started on the program this week!

Also, I posted some tips for getting more than 2 recommendations on the IP website in the link above.
Old 01-16-2011, 12:42 PM   #115  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 221-3/4/152/160

Height: 5 ft 2 inches

[QUOTE=I'm svelting!;3656319]It's always disappointing when people don't respond the way you expect. Your money, your body ... YOU get to say when you're at goal! As someone who's decided to get to optimal weight in two or more weight loss periods, split by a period of maintenance, I support your decision and will cheer you on in whatever you decide.

Marilyn

Thanks...there is always that option...and it entered my mind after I thought further (if I could ONLY turn off my mind for a period)..I could see MAYBE 137 lbs. but definitely not 110.

Hopefully someone can point me/us thru the supplements problem..my hair is taking a hit and somewhere there is a discussion about that...

Can I say again how I LOVE THE PEOPLE ON THIS SITE...ALWAYS THERE FOR EACH OTHER!!!!

Marilyn
Old 01-16-2011, 12:46 PM   #116  
IP Success Story

S/C/G: 345.6 / 249 / 250

Height: 6 foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
couts71, you must be a fantastic cook. Thanks so much for the recipes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmsgrrl View Post
Couts71 thank you for posting those recipes.

Also way to go on losing 51 LBS!
Thank you I wouldn't say I am a fantastic cook but I posted these recipes to help the new people and veteran IPers change up the way they make their meals. This site has inspired me to keep going at my goal and this was my way of paying it forward to everybody on the site so that I can help them out.
Old 01-16-2011, 12:52 PM   #117  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 221-3/4/152/160

Height: 5 ft 2 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnymae View Post
go to www.idealtogo.com and go WAY beyond anything my coach has ever explained to me. Half the time I tell him something I learned here in the chat room and he's like...."really, wow!!! I didn't know that.
Good luck and stick with us
SOOOOOO, true, I've done the same thing...and pointed her to this site...

Marilyn
Old 01-16-2011, 01:14 PM   #118  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkyparry View Post
Hopefully someone can point me/us thru the supplements problem..my hair is taking a hit and somewhere there is a discussion about that...
About five months ago, when Carla brought up the subject of hair lose, I freaked. Having very fine hair and hypothyroidism had already equaled hair lost. I couldn't afford to be snatched bald-headed even if it meant better health.

Off line someone suggested an OTC supplement she said was worth looking into. I usually shy away from these kind of suggestions but I talked with the guy who handles the "drug" ordering for a health store I pretty much respect. I must have pushed some button because he went on and on about women cancer survivors who had had incredible success with it for regrowing hair. So I decided to try it, and all I can say is I haven't had the hair lose others report. It's Inositol. I'm not recommending it; just commenting. I know you'll do your own research.

Last edited by Linden; 01-16-2011 at 01:15 PM.
Old 01-16-2011, 01:27 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 245.6/193.4/180.0 IP 10/17/10

Height: 5' 8"

http://www.amazon.com/Twinlab-Inosit...5202356&sr=8-2

Inositol from amazon
Old 01-16-2011, 01:57 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 182/146/130

Default Back Again!

I would like to post some before and during pictures but I can't get them to upload I am not very computer savvy. If someone could help me figure it out I would appreciate it.

On another note I did IP phase 1 from August 2010 to November 2010 and then I phased off and did maintenance and worked out quite vigorously for a month before I realized I missed IP and everything about it (well almost everything) I missed chatting and reading the experiences here. I missed seeing and feeling the drastic changes in my body. And I missed how good I felt both physically and mentally while eating on plan. I found I was not ready to be fully in charge of what I was eating as I made some poor choices and repeated past mistakes.
So I waited til Christmas was over (very impatiently I think) and started again.

In November I was so done with IP I wanted to eat "normal" again, I had had enough,at the weight of 150 (the weight my coach wanted for my goal weight) I phased off. I need to be done then. It didn't take long to realize I needed to be back. So here I am again 2 weeks into the program and very pleased. So far I think I am stronger and wiser and more prepared!
So if you are considering phasing off, If you are tired of IP and want to live "normal" If you are happy with your weight and think good enough... well do it, Phase off, try maintenance live "normal" for awhile. Then come back! When and if you want to. Don't let anyone make your life decisions for you, we all learn so much about ourselves and our bodies on this IP journey. Your coach is not in charge of your body you are and you are the only one who knows whats right for you. If you don't do this for you all the work will be for naught! The weight will come back, the poor eating habits and poor lifestyle choices will come back. You are in charge of you! MY BODY MY BRAIN THIS IS FOR ME!
Closed Thread