Old 01-13-2011, 03:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 299/296/180

Height: 5 6

Default New to IP and would love some tips

When all of you started IP did you exersise and if so how much? I just started last Thursday and ive only lost 3 pounds. Ive stuck to the program and havent cheated. Before I started this I ate extremely unhealthy? So im just a bit confused on why im not seeing better results considering I weigh so much. I put lemon juice in my water is that ok? If anyone has tips i would love to hear them.

Last edited by OilGurl; 01-13-2011 at 03:53 PM.
OilGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 06:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 152/145/130

Height: 5'3"

My coach said lemon juice in water is perfectly fine. I'm starting my 3rd week and I think tonight will be my first attempt at exercising - and then I'm going to take it a little lighter than usual. There are all kinds of things that can impact one weigh in so just hang in there. Try not to fixate on the scale, I know...easier said than done! Whatever you do, don't eat less than the recommended protocol. This is a pretty low diet and cutting the calories back any more can't be safe!
ADJ74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 07:47 PM   #3  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilGurl View Post
When all of you started IP did you exersise and if so how much? I just started last Thursday and ive only lost 3 pounds. Ive stuck to the program and havent cheated. Before I started this I ate extremely unhealthy? So im just a bit confused on why im not seeing better results considering I weigh so much. I put lemon juice in my water is that ok? If anyone has tips i would love to hear them.
I'd put my money on the fact that you're not drinking enough water. 1/2 ounce for every pound of body weight + 10 ounces. And call me a purist but NO exercise unless you were used to heavy workouts regularly. Then, and only then, light exercise like walking. Please read the Exercise sticky and yesterday's posts.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:51 PM   #4  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:

I agree with Linden --drink water it will help. I had my just had my first weigh in today - I can say that I didn't really show very much weight loss in the first three days of this program - as a matter of fact I took me more like 6 days to get into ketosis. When my coach weighed me today I almost cried -- the loss was more impressive then I had expected given it took me a 2 months to loose 10 pounds doing WW.
I would say no matter what DO NOT CHEAT. Drink all your water plus some, eat ALL your packets, make sure you get your salt, measure your oil and make sure you get your daily allotment - also take the supplements. I was skeptical this would work - but I decided to do it exactly as told and I am lighter today then I was a week ago and that feels really good -- GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! These first few days just plain ole-suck -- hang in there it will get better (said from someone who was where you are 3 days ago)
CheekyWit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:30 PM   #5  
IP Reboot 4/08/17

S/C/G: 258/169/145

Height: 5'7

Quote:

i had my first WI today and it was not as great as i had expected (4 lbs in 6 days). anyhow, tonight my coach and i talked about exercise. he said it's bad on this diet because you will start to burn muscle, which will lower your metabolism. the whole point of this diet is to lose weight while preserving muscle so that our metabolism is increased, meaning that we will keep the weight off in the long run. don't get discouraged. 3 lbs in a week is great!

about the lemons, my coach says to go really easy on the lemon juice because it still has sugar in it (almost as much as sweet corn, which is NOT allowed on the protocol). you might want to reduce your lemon juice a little.
longdivision is offline   Reply With Quote