3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/221536-real-cost-cheating-ideal-protein.html)

wuv2bloved 03-12-2012 12:24 AM

bump

kiki4me 03-12-2012 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amethyst57 (Post 4184384)
Thanks for bumping this message up for us newbies to see. I had such a difficult time yesterday. Not sure what was different but never felt full. My stomach was making all kinds of noise and actually hurt. I drank herbal tea and water but nothing was taking away the desire for carbs. I did end up cheating. I had 2 restricted items as my snack last night. Those were purchased for my husband's snack because I knew they would tempt me and I fell for it. (chocolate soy balls) Guess I need to not have them in the house.

I really hope this doesn't make me fail on the scale tomorrow but I did it and will have to take the consequences (possible no loss and reprimand from my coach)

Hi Amethyst - I just want to encourage you to not be too hard on yourself. Just dust yourself off and get going again. This is not an easy journey for those of us who have used food inapproapriately. I'm one of them. I wish I would have followed the diet 100% but I did not. Just don't let that mistake keep you down - and I had to overcome that... My coach would say "At least you did not reach for the candy bar." Now I know that some of those restricted foods are just too dangerous for me but I'm thrilled that I've come a long way in my battle with food and know have more tools to deal with temptation...and get beyond my slip ups! Hope your journey is going great! :hug:

Samba 03-12-2012 01:16 AM

Excellent bump! Thanks.

I needed more "fuel" to keep going. I have been struggling to stay OP. I seemed to have hit a wall and my momentum fizzled. I need that fire again that first got me going! Not doing this simply is not an option. I don't know if old issues and habits are dying hard, or what. But, I really want to pull out of my enthusiasm tailspin. Staying OP is so worth it!

2Poles1Girl 03-12-2012 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samba (Post 4250082)
Excellent bump! Thanks.

I needed more "fuel" to keep going. I have been struggling to stay OP. I seemed to have hit a wall and my momentum fizzled. I need that fire again that first got me going! Not doing this simply is not an option. I don't know if old issues and habits are dying hard, or what. But, I really want to pull out of my enthusiasm tailspin. Staying OP is so worth it!

If I can suggest?? Set a new mini goal. They help in getting over that hump. I try to do have one for the week, the month and a few months out. There's something about having lunch with a former coworker whom you've not seen for a long time that keeps you inspired:).

idalana 03-12-2012 01:32 AM

great reminder /warning , thanks for sharing and bumping , well needed by us newbies

Samba 03-12-2012 06:52 AM

How do mini-goals work? Do you mean weight lost, staying OP?

Spercy55 03-12-2012 08:54 AM

I think they should include this in everyone's IP start up package...I LOVE it!!!

2Poles1Girl 03-12-2012 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samba (Post 4250174)
How do mini-goals work? Do you mean weight lost, staying OP?

For me, it runs the gamut: reaching a certain number on the scale (233, 218, 184, 167), getting back into a favorite pair of jeans or feeling a collar bone! It has also been challenges to myself like getting in all my water for 3 days straight. Something tangible, measurable and achievable that is based in getting healthy and feeling good. Lord knows we have had a long string of failures and shame. Mini-goals help with replenishing the Feel Good Gas Tank and to keep us going when the going is a bit rough.

Samba 03-12-2012 09:39 AM

With this in mind, I think I am going to have to set very achievable goals to have some success. My weight loss seems to have a mind of its own,so was not really sure about those kind of goals! Seems like the best I can do is plan a goal of being OP consistently! Maybe day by day!

I am having lots of cavings. Had an additional pkg the last few days. I know being tired is a tough one on me. Ha! So now Daylight Savings Time kicks me hiney!:dizzy:

I am going to have a goal of staying calm and in control each moment. Somewhere around here I have a Breathing CD. I will look for that! I think it will help me stay centered. I am not sure what the hang up is but I don't want to waste a moment in an unhealthy space for myself. Of course, just such a thing is what put me where I am today in a health crisis. I figured this transformation would be a process. It is!:)

Chloe222 03-12-2012 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Poles1Girl (Post 4250283)
For me, it runs the gamut: reaching a certain number on the scale (233, 218, 184, 167), getting back into a favorite pair of jeans or feeling a collar bone! It has also been challenges to myself like getting in all my water for 3 days straight. Something tangible, measurable and achievable that is based in getting healthy and feeling good. Lord knows we have had a long string of failures and shame. Mini-goals help with replenishing the Feel Good Gas Tank and to keep us going when the going is a bit rough.

bump

wuv2bloved 03-31-2012 04:26 PM

bump

mtnsun4 03-31-2012 08:32 PM

love this- thanks for bumping!

wendyquilts 03-31-2012 09:34 PM

Another aspect of this is to consider the financial cost. For those doing 100% IP products, it's a pretty expensive cheat. Assuming it takes you two days to get back where you were, you've essentially wasted three days worth of IP food. At $4 per packet, that's a $36 cheat.

Even using alternate products at $1.50 or so each, it's still a $13.50 cheat. Let me tell you, I adore cinnamon rolls almost as much as I adore my son, but no cinnamon roll is worth $13.50.

Hockeymom40 03-31-2012 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendyquilts (Post 4275559)
Another aspect of this is to consider the financial cost. For those doing 100% IP products, it's a pretty expensive cheat. Assuming it takes you two days to get back where you were, you've essentially wasted three days worth of IP food. At $4 per packet, that's a $36 cheat.

Even using alternate products at $1.50 or so each, it's still a $13.50 cheat. Let me tell you, I adore cinnamon rolls almost as much as I adore my son, but no cinnamon roll is worth $13.50.

Well said.

KaylaxoLynn 04-02-2012 07:11 PM

Thanks for sharing! I needed to read this again for the reason im doing so well.Today i'm having a hard day.