Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 09:57 PM   #76  
ejg
started IP 12/29/10

S/C/G: 158 (IP start 150)/135/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
Now to get this dumb appointment over and done with so that I can quit thinking about it...
Mrs. Diettrich, good luck tomorrow. Congratulations on stopping yourself before you started down that slippery slope. You're an inspiration to me and I'm sure many others.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:28 PM   #77  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
I have a major doctor's appt tomorrow and I am just panicked about it.
I wish you the very best possible results.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:45 PM   #78  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDS View Post
Well the first one is done! 10 pounds exactly! I was pretty worried for the last couple of days (TOM, first day back at work, blah blah) but overall I'm pretty pumped about getting that first week over and done with! Looking forward to next week's appointment now!
Way to go!!! That's awesome. I hope my first WI on Saturday will go that well.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:13 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 190.4/136/140

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDS View Post
Well the first one is done! 10 pounds exactly! I was pretty worried for the last couple of days (TOM, first day back at work, blah blah) but overall I'm pretty pumped about getting that first week over and done with! Looking forward to next week's appointment now!
Who hoo!!! Good for you!! That is awesome
Old 01-04-2011, 11:47 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 152/132/120

Default Just starting- HI!

Hi! i just started ideal protein yesterday, and even though i was traveling today, i have found it easy to stick to so far. i'm hoping to find ideas and encouragement here. I'm determined that this will be my LAST diet
Old 01-04-2011, 11:52 PM   #81  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejg View Post
Mrs. Diettrich, good luck tomorrow. Congratulations on stopping yourself before you started down that slippery slope. You're an inspiration to me and I'm sure many others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
I wish you the very best possible results.
Thanks ladies - I apprecate the thoughts & support! On a high note tonight though, I got to pick up the ring that my husband gave me for our anniversary (it needed to be sized) and now at least I have something sparkly to look at tomorrow while I'm waiting! (My wedding rings haven't fit in 2 months - they're too big! ) My hand doesn't feel naked anymore.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:21 AM   #82  

Jess, Good luck tomorrow! Tell ya what, I'll come up there and you can give me some of your boobs! I told hubby when I'm at my goal, I want to get them back where they are "suppossed" to be. I went in today at the jewelers and asked for a rubber baby buggy bumper. They looked at me like I've eatten way too many paint chips. Haha. They said a spacer? Yeah, that I mean. So I'll get my ring resized when I get to goal also. For now, it stays put. Yesterday I flung my hand, and it fell off! Couldn't risk loosing that!

Good job to you who have just joined! Keep it up, it is very worth it.
And of course good job to the "oldies" too! I couldn't have come this far without all of you!

Jules, is that an invitation for all of us to go to Hawaii? Hee hee. Good luck on the move, I'll bet your mom will be sad. But she'll still be here and all us too for support.
Off to watch Biggest Loser sipping my Van. RTD and chai tea.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:26 AM   #83  
1/6/14

S/C/G: 296/271/225

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejg View Post
Hi, Douger963 and Joliebug82. I'm on day 7 and my first WI is tomorrow, too. Good luck!
I guess we're the class of 12/29/10! We can call it a birthday. Good luck on your weigh in!
Old 01-05-2011, 12:58 AM   #84  
Restarted March 1, 2013

S/C/G: 191/155/140

Quote:
Thanks ladies - I apprecate the thoughts & support! On a high note tonight though, I got to pick up the ring that my husband gave me for our anniversary (it needed to be sized) and now at least I have something sparkly to look at tomorrow while I'm waiting! (My wedding rings haven't fit in 2 months - they're too big! ) My hand doesn't feel naked anymore.
All the best with your appt tomorrow. My daughter had a breast reduction 5 years ago and it was the best thing ever, her back pain cleared up overnight and her confidence soared. take care and wonderful job not giving into temptation.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:44 AM   #85  
Restarted on 01/10/17

S/C/G: 212/212/123

Height: 5'1"

Mrs. Diettrich, I had a breast reduction two years ago next week and it was the BEST thing I have ever done. I hope you can get one!
Old 01-05-2011, 09:16 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by debonadiet View Post
Hi! i just started ideal protein yesterday, and even though i was traveling today, i have found it easy to stick to so far. i'm hoping to find ideas and encouragement here. I'm determined that this will be my LAST diet
Welcome debonadiet and enjoy the ride! It's gonna be great when you see how quickly your body says thanks big time
Old 01-05-2011, 02:18 PM   #87  
Goodbye Forever, 300's!

S/C/G: 355/282/200

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
I'd try a super B complex + D3.

Jolie, you need 1/2 ounce of water per pound of body weight + 10 ounces. Coffee, tea, and soft drinks do NOT count; in fact, they dehydrate you. So for every cup of coffee over 1 add another cup of water.
I was told decaf tea and decaf coffee do not require any extra liquid, but that Poweraide Zero, decaf hot/cold tea, and decaf coffee can count towards your water intake. (Caffeinated versions dehydrate, so it makes total sense to have to drink as much water as you do caffeine!) It seems this discussion comes up every few weeks around here, doesn't it?! I've never had a problem following this, but I never drink caffeine anyway as it bothers my heart. My husband drinks a lot of Poweraide Zero as part of his water, although I can't stand the stuff!

Seems like so many other things, though... the final answer lies with one's coach.

Quote:

Yes, IP has an oatmeal - it's maple oatmeal (I usually add SF flavoring because I don't like maple) and it's not quite as... grainy... as regular oatmeal. It is a restricted packet. No, we can't have plain oatmeal - I just looked at my canister and for 1/2 c. of dry oatmeal, it has 26 gms of carbs. I believe Lindora or Nashua Nutrition sells a plain oatmeal that would be acceptable (though restricted item).
I use Nashua's oatmeal. It's good stuff... tastes pretty much real, but takes a few minutes to soften like it should. On this spreadsheet, because of the low carb count, it is considered unrestricted... which makes it even better! I haven't ever tried the IP oatmeal.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:03 PM   #88  

Hey, I Just started IP 3 Days ago, its great, however yesterday night I had a killer headache and felt sick to my stomach so I couldnt eat anything. is this normal for the first week?
Old 01-05-2011, 09:22 PM   #89  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnMyWayForGood View Post
I use Nashua's oatmeal. It's good stuff... tastes pretty much real, but takes a few minutes to soften like it should. On this spreadsheet, because of the low carb count, it is considered unrestricted... which makes it even better! I haven't ever tried the IP oatmeal.
Not restricted? Even better! I didn't think to go check their nutrition information - I just assumed it would be restricted. I know I know I know... I might have to order that - Torani makes a SF brown sugar & cinnamon syrup that I bet would be fabulous in it.
Closed Thread