Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 04:25 PM   #61  
Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Height: 5'8"

Spinach-Spring Mix-Romaine

I have used a mixture of romaine, spring mix (which a random mix of baby lettuces), and spinach since I started 17 weeks ago....hasn't slowed me down a bit! I know iceburg has other nutrients that we need (coline??) but my finace and I eat out enough that I get several iceburg salads in a week!

I count the spinach, g. onions, cucumbers, and mushrooms that I add to my salad towards my 4 C daily. I wouldn't worry about ODing on the spinach...you'll be fine, unless you have thyroid problems!
Old 01-04-2011, 05:07 PM   #62  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoangel View Post
August 27! Super excited. I hadn't planned on anything big, but the BF decided he couldn't chose between friends so we each will have 5 attendants! Yikes! It will be held outdoors at the 4-H camp I attended growing up in Wyoming.

I am thinking the ceremony will be very low-key, but the reception will be jumping! I plan on feeding everyone (with my mom and her friends' help!), housing any who want (there are 13 bunk-bed cabins), and having a band (if it doesn't break the bank...we'll see).

My color is navy blue, with flowers of navy, indigo, purple and chartreuse. I'm thinking the guys will wear tan or brown...but no jackets, I want them to be comfortable.

Hmmmm, what else? Oh, for my processional, I am walking in to Apocalyptica- Nothing Else Matters (originally by Metallica) and the recessional is (not totally decided) U2- Beautiful Day.

I'll post pics of our dress shopping experience later this month! Thanks for your interest!!!!!
Thanks for sharing! You'll be a beautiful bride!!
Old 01-04-2011, 06:20 PM   #63  

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber2beme View Post
today is my first day on the program. i feel very hungry...i wonder how much of that is psychological though. i have had the orange drink for breakfast and i brought a salad and the mushroom soup to have for lunch. it's only 8:30...i'm ready for lunch. i just have to keep telling myself it will get easier, i just wonder how long till it does.
It will get easier. I'm day 4 and not as hungry and losing weight. This diet is awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlseward View Post
Still smiling today! One solid day of IP no mistakes and I dropped all the weight I gained over Christmas. I am right back where I started.Granted I spent most of the day in the bathroom lol. Um so hellooo is that weird? I did the happy dance naked in the bathroom lol! That is probably weird But thats what I needed. I noticed there is a mini goal thread hear. I think just taking it a day at a time each day will be my goal. Lol there should be one of those addiction groops. Hello my name is Michelle and I'm a snacker
Here's to everyone haveing a succesful go to the new year!

WooHoo...Isn't this diet awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
Yahoo...just 2 days back on Phase one and have lost 2 of the 4 lbs of Christmas Happiness!!

I just love the way people's eye's pop out when they see me for the 1st time down here!!! Our neighbour across the street said he thought DH had found a new woman!!! I have been hearing "skinny" alot
LOL...That's wonderful!!
Old 01-04-2011, 06:28 PM   #64  
Started IP Dec 4, 2010

S/C/G: 216/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
You probably already know this but don't eat anything with soy or calcium in it within 6 hours of taking your thyroid medicine. It negates the effect of the medicine.

And re: the spinach discussion: never eat raw spinach if you have hypothyroidism, or any other goitrogenic foods unless they're cooked. See http://www.womentowomen.com/hypothyr...oidhealth.aspx
Thanks! I knew about the calcium but not the soy. Also did not know about spinach. I was going to have spinach salads with mushrooms this week. I'll have to go to plan B. Also did not know about the site. Great information Linden!

Thanks again. Have I said latelly how much I love this site? OK, there it is again.... I just love this site!!
Old 01-04-2011, 06:51 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 206/190/140

Height: 5'2

Dumb question, IP has an oatmeal? Are we allowed plain oatmeal? The kind bought in a large canester?
Old 01-04-2011, 06:58 PM   #66  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Default How to search.

Hi, Sheila,# 262 in Recipes 2 is I'mSvelting's! great suggestion for searching. Would it be too much trouble to add that, too, to the first post of the day? If you think the post is becoming too long, or too cumbersome, I understand.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:03 PM   #67  

from Yahoo! Green:

Quote:
Addicted to cheese? Here's why

Over 25 years ago, researchers discovered that cheese contains trace amounts of morphine. It is found both in human and cow milk, purportedly to ensure infants will bond very strongly with their mothers and get all the nutrients they need to grow.

In cow milk, the protein casein is thought to break into casomorphins when it is digested, resulting in opiate effects. In cheese, casein is concentrated, and so is the level of casomorphins, so the pleasurable effect is greater.

Neal Barnard, MD said, "In fact, since cheese is processed to express out all the liquid, it's an incredibly concentrated source of casomorphins -- you might call it dairy crack" (source: VegetarianTimes.com).
Read more at http://green.yahoo.com/blog/care2/19...ere-s-why.html...

Must be why I crave cheese more than anything else...

hugs
Old 01-04-2011, 08:35 PM   #68  
ejg
started IP 12/29/10

S/C/G: 158 (IP start 150)/135/123

Height: 5'2"

Default same start date

Hi, Douger963 and Joliebug82. I'm on day 7 and my first WI is tomorrow, too. Good luck!
Old 01-04-2011, 08:38 PM   #69  
started IP 11/21/2010

S/C/G: 175/155/140

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
from Yahoo! Green:

Read more at http://green.yahoo.com/blog/care2/19...ere-s-why.html...

hugs

CHEESE IS GOOD!!!! and yes....probably what i miss the most being on IP

oye......
Old 01-04-2011, 08:57 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 196/196/140

So today was my second full day on program. So far I haven't been hungry and enjoyed the foods today. Last night had cream of chicken soup....eewww...I even put spinach and garlic in it. Oh well, I know there will be some foods I like and dislike. But so far so good. The choc overed soy crisps are sooo good!! I wish they weren't restricted.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:03 PM   #71  
Started IP 9/7/10

S/C/G: 353/200/160

Height: 5'10

Default Amazed at the results

I just had WI 17 and have lost a total of 78.5 lbs. I am shocked at how well this program works for me. I thank God everyday that my Mother found out about this program, told me about it and offered to pay for it so I could get healthy. She has given me the best gift I could ever imagine.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:15 PM   #72  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Well, I was battling this afternoon but I made it. I have a major doctor's appt tomorrow and I am just panicked about it. I will find out if I get to have a breast reduction which I desperately want and I'm just making myself sick about the appt! So, anyway my stomach is in knots tonight and nothing sounded good but grilled cheese! To the point that I was actually at the grocery store looking for the lowest carb bread that I could find. It ended up that I couldn't find what I was specifically looking for, so I thought that I'd just make myself a half sandwich out of the bread that I had at home for my husband. However, I talked myself out of it on the way home telling myself that if I had it, I'd be starting myself on a slippery slope and instead I just finished off an egg & 2 egg whites and some turkey sausage. Not perfect, but better than the bread. :-)

Now to get this dumb appointment over and done with so that I can quit thinking about it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlseward View Post
Dumb question, IP has an oatmeal? Are we allowed plain oatmeal? The kind bought in a large canester?
Yes, IP has an oatmeal - it's maple oatmeal (I usually add SF flavoring because I don't like maple) and it's not quite as... grainy... as regular oatmeal. It is a restricted packet. No, we can't have plain oatmeal - I just looked at my canister and for 1/2 c. of dry oatmeal, it has 26 gms of carbs. I believe Lindora or Nashua Nutrition sells a plain oatmeal that would be acceptable (though restricted item).
Old 01-04-2011, 09:31 PM   #73  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post

hugs
Me, too. And it's the only thing I crave. Sadly, I've never been able to find cheddar, sharp or otherwise, anywhere in Germany. Sigh. On the other hand, I've never seen processed cheese or "cheese food." Just real cheese.

Last edited by Linden; 01-04-2011 at 09:33 PM.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:53 PM   #74  
KDS
Started IP 12/28/10

S/C/G: 240/179/150

Height: 5'9

Default First WI today...

Well the first one is done! 10 pounds exactly! I was pretty worried for the last couple of days (TOM, first day back at work, blah blah) but overall I'm pretty pumped about getting that first week over and done with! Looking forward to next week's appointment now!
Old 01-04-2011, 09:56 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Hi all!
Just popped in to say that I'm officially back in Onederland!!! Since Sep 20th I'm down a total of 32 lbs and 40 inches. I know I'd be down even more if Christmas hadn't happened. Oh well - it's a brand new year and I feel great! Have a great evening everyone!
Closed Thread