Old 01-02-2011, 10:27 PM   #31  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollmark View Post
Hi there,
I know it is difficult with all the planning you have to do when it comes to meals. I've lost weight in the past using the South Beach Diet...it worked, but once I fell off the wagon and got back into my old eating habits the weight came back FAST!!
I dread the meal planning, but having extra weight on makes me miserable!! All the work is worth it!! I want to lose 40lbs by summer..I hope that's an achievable goal. I've done it before, the hard part is keeping it off!!
You're doing very well, 13 lbs is great!! I hope I can post the same kind of results soon!!
Good luck, I look forward to reading more of your posts..this place is awesome!!

Holly
Holly, not knowing what your current weight is (seems like people lose faster when they have more to lose), I'm willing to be that as long as you stick to the protocol and don't cheat, 40 lbs is completely doable by summer. You can see my ticker over on the left - I've lost 35.4 lbs in 12 weeks.
Mrs Diettrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:34 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 190.4/136/140

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
Holly, not knowing what your current weight is (seems like people lose faster when they have more to lose), I'm willing to be that as long as you stick to the protocol and don't cheat, 40 lbs is completely doable by summer. You can see my ticker over on the left - I've lost 35.4 lbs in 12 weeks.
I'm guessing my weight is in the 180ish range...the last time I weighed myself was last April. I was 162, but I've gained at least 20 lbs if not more since then since then. I am afraid to step on the scale, I'll wait till my consultation. I'll know on Wed. how much I weigh and I'll post it...I can't wait to put a ticker on here!!

Last edited by Hollmark; 01-02-2011 at 10:35 PM.
Hollmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:23 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamadancer View Post
Are you aware that most of the products you mentioned are restricted? Crepes, chilli/stews/spaghetti and soy products are all to be consumed only 1 item per day and most coaches recommend not at all in the first 3 weeks.
Read the exercise thread. Carolyn Pilates does not have much to lose, about 7 lbs and is mainly doing IP to lose an additional 2% body fat and is a pilates instructor doing a lot of exercise. So she may need more carbs.
ladyvrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:16 AM   #34  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyvrod View Post
Read the exercise thread. Carolyn Pilates does not have much to lose, about 7 lbs and is mainly doing IP to lose an additional 2% body fat and is a pilates instructor doing a lot of exercise. So she may need more carbs.
True, but I felt the need to clarify as this was posted on a thread started by a newbie looking for information.
Mamadancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:10 PM   #35  
~Summer~

S/C/G: 170/150.3/130

Hi Holly! It looks like we will be starting IPD about the same time! I go tomorrow for my consultation at 11am CST. I would like to lose 40lbs too! It's nice to have so many great people here to support each other and share tips with!
amommy2four is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:30 PM   #36  

Quote:
Originally Posted by amommy2four View Post
Hi Holly! It looks like we will be starting IPD about the same time! I go tomorrow for my consultation at 11am CST. I would like to lose 40lbs too! It's nice to have so many great people here to support each other and share tips with!

Are you excited about starting tomorrow? I am looking forward to being a lighter me!!
Let us know how tomorrow goes
Good luck!!
I look forward to reading your posts!
Old 01-03-2011, 01:33 PM   #37  

Default Newton, Where are you??

Quote:
Originally Posted by newton View Post
Hi Hollomark!

I'm happy for you

I am re-starting on January 4th. I originally started early December and put things on hold till January. I am very lucky to have a great local cennter and a very inspirational coach who I really relate to. Perhaps my little lapse was a positive thing because although I have not gone crazy (tried sticking to protein and salads but didn't want to stress about family gatherings), I have felt lousy physically as compared to when I was following protocol. I know it's hard to believe, but once you get rolling, you won't be hungry, at least that was how I felt.

My goal is also 40 pounds, and if you're at all interested, we can exchange emails because I would love to have an IP pal to share with (ups and downs...esp. downs on the scale, lol). This board is also the best. Everyone is so positive and imformative.

Let me know..........
Hi Newton,
What have you been up to? Are you excited about restarting IP tomorrow.
Good Luck!!
Let us know how you're doing.

Holly
Old 01-03-2011, 02:17 PM   #38  
~Summer~

S/C/G: 170/150.3/130

I am very excited! I know it won't always be easy, but I'm ready to be healthy! Being overweight is exhausting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollmark View Post
Are you excited about starting tomorrow? I am looking forward to being a lighter me!!
Let us know how tomorrow goes
Good luck!!
I look forward to reading your posts!
amommy2four is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 02:21 PM   #39  

Quote:
Originally Posted by amommy2four View Post
I am very excited! I know it won't always be easy, but I'm ready to be healthy! Being overweight is exhausting!
I hear ya, it is exhausting mentally as well as physically. It makes me very cranky at times, expecially when I am getting dressed and all my clothes are getting too tight and uncomfortable!! YUCK!!
I think I'll have the hardest time because I have a 3 year old and a 16 year old in the house. They like to eat more than meat and veggies.
It is worth all the hard work!! It will pay off when we're sporting hot bodies this summer!! LOL
Old 01-03-2011, 04:03 PM   #40  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Holly, it definitely is harder with kids. I've actually gotten my babies to eat broccoli, cabbage, and Brussels sprouts, though! My six year old thinks I'm nuts, of course.

You can do it!!!
Joliebug82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:35 PM   #41  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
You're the best trier I know.
Thx Linden! I'll post my weekly weight loss sunday.

To keep busy and not think of food I am sewing "little dresses for africa/haiti"
I have another 50 cut out and sew them assembly line style. Hope to get this batch of 50 done by the end of Jan ( in my spare time)
Coastalcrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:18 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 174.4/166/130

Default Ready, set....let's go ladies!!!

OMG.....Hi, Holly......Amommy2four......Ladies

So excited to get back in the saddle tomorrow. This is so awesome.

40 lbs seems to be a common number........That's my goal! Will try to figure out the ticker asap, but at least I will post my (re)start weight after tomorrow nite's weigh-in.

Good luck to all of us starting/restarting, and keep up the good work to everyone else. We newbies will become inspiration for future newbies in the not-too-distant future.
newton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:13 AM   #43  

Height: 5'4"

Hi Hollmark, just thinking about you and your appointment with IP today!!! Go gettem girl!!
jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 03:39 PM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter View Post
Hi Hollmark, just thinking about you and your appointment with IP today!!! Go gettem girl!!
Hi there,
Today is the day!!! I had my weigh in and purchased 1 weeks worth of IP packets!! A little pricey, but when I saw the number on the scale I couldn't turn back!! It was reading a little higher than I expected..ouch!
I am off to a new start and I am looking forward to seeing a new me, smaller of course.
Thanks for all the support, I am so glad I found this website!!
So far I've had some cucumber and a prepackaged choc. pudding. I was pleasantly surprised at the size of the pudding, it was good. I am going to have a late lunch, cream of chicken soup and a late supper..no later than 8 pm.
I forgot to ask my coach, can we drink anything else besides water and black tea/coffee? Are diet drinks allowed?
I am so pumped!!!
Holly
Old 01-05-2011, 03:54 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 162/ ? /130

The first day is so exciting... getting all the food and just knowing that you just took your first step!! Good luck with lunch and supper... do you know what you are making for supper? I haven't had the prepared chocolate pudding, only the powdered pudding and I didn't like it so I am hoping the prepared it better! Keep us posted!!
sweetpea2011 is offline   Reply With Quote