3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat - Thurs. 30 Dec. 2010 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/220676-ip-daily-chat-thurs-30-dec-2010-a.html)

jupiter 12-30-2010 08:44 AM

thank you for the encouraging words!!! I have given this plan at least a months thought before I commited. I will make it happen!!!

I will be disappointed if my IP package doesn't come today. I have my heart set on starting tomorrow and it works really well with my work schedule to start tomorrow.

I am a carbaholic, giving them up scares me.

Medicmom734 12-30-2010 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KDS (Post 3624014)
Your post makes me excited enough to want to cry! Now I secretly will wait for my turn to try on the hubby's jeans....oooo another goal:^:

Well, I will be doing that as soon as he arrives to drop our son off! LOL! When we met, we were the same size, and I always was bummed, that when I was pregnant, I couldn't wear his clothes, like normal people steal their spouses clothes when preggers! Mind you, he is 6 feet and 150 soaking wet! I am gonna try on his pants! HA HA HA HA! Hey buddy, drop em!!!! (we're close enough that I can still say that!)

Good Morning all!

I had a successful day yesterday, AND most important, an even more successful night shift.
I have given away all my candies and dainties from Christmas, and I have frozen what I could for leftovers for my kids when I don't feel like cooking, and I have tossed the rest! My house is now pretty much treat free!
I only have a short time to reach my ultimate goal (see below for new people and those who have forgotten) and I also have a trip to The Bahamas in the middle of that!

MY GOAL:
My X had a thing for leather, and in my skinny days, he bought me a beautiful pair of leather dress pants. I haven't worn them since 2005. My X will be 30 on February 23rd, and nothing says a BIG Happy Birthday than me, being able to fit into those pants by then! (not for him.....for me) He lives far away, I might have to send a picture on what he is missing! HA HA HA HA HA! So my goal is to fit into those pants by the 23rd!

Hope everyone has a successful IP day and rest of the week!

EatAnts 12-30-2010 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PepperGal (Post 3623763)
Fellow Chicks,

I would greatly appreciate your input because I am really struggling!

I started my ninth IP week on Monday ~ and have stayed completely on protocol. The first seven weeks went well ~ after a few days of transitioning into IP, I didn't have cravings and just experienced nominal hunger. For some reason that changed two weeks ago. I am generally hungry all the time.

I am not exercising. I drink more water than is required and always measure out my 1/2 t. salt daily. What more can I try? I'm about to panic!

Have you added anything like caffeine back into your diet? Or something sweetened with aspartame?

If not, be sure you are getting your getting your olive oil and lettuce in. Try drinking a hot herbal tea or decaf coffee when the cravings hit. If the above don't work, try adding an extra packet. Don't give into the cravings! You are doing so well.

Medicmom734 12-30-2010 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jupiter (Post 3624021)

I was super scared to try this as well! I had tried several low carb diets in the past and had wicked cravings, mood swings, and just plain miserable failure.
IP is different. The first 3 days are tough, for most. Me, I had NO problems, no head aches, no cravings, no hunger. This is coming from a HUGE carbaholic, and I even did a high carb diet one time and it worked better than the high protein.
You will be fine, and this board is a tremendous help!
We're here, for all your questions, vents, and tears (there shouldn't be any of these though, unless they are happy tears)

Good luck!

Silado529 12-30-2010 09:07 AM

Hi....I am totally new to 3Fat Chicks & to IP. My mom, sister & bro-in-law have all been doing it and have had amazing results. So my husband and I officially started today.
I would like to join your blog and/or threads, get recipes & support. Is there a monthly thread or just a blog? I have had a bit of trouble just getting to this page.

Any advice you would offer for Week 1?

jupiter 12-30-2010 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medicmom734 (Post 3624038)
I was super scared to try this as well! I had tried several low carb diets in the past and had wicked cravings, mood swings, and just plain miserable failure.
IP is different. The first 3 days are tough, for most. Me, I had NO problems, no head aches, no cravings, no hunger. This is coming from a HUGE carbaholic, and I even did a high carb diet one time and it worked better than the high protein.
You will be fine, and this board is a tremendous help!
We're here, for all your questions, vents, and tears (there shouldn't be any of these though, unless they are happy tears)

Good luck!

Thank you this is what I needed to hear!!

jupiter 12-30-2010 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silado529 (Post 3624050)
Hi....I am totally new to 3Fat Chicks & to IP. My mom, sister & bro-in-law have all been doing it and have had amazing results. So my husband and I officially started today.
I would like to join your blog and/or threads, get recipes & support. Is there a monthly thread or just a blog? I have had a bit of trouble just getting to this page.

Any advice you would offer for Week 1?

Hello, and welcome. I will be starting IP tomorrow!! I have been reading, reading and reading some more on this forum. It has a wealth of information!!

There are alot of people starting this week. I am excited to follow your progress!

jupiter 12-30-2010 09:14 AM

I am currently taking probotics first thing in the morning. Should I continue taking these while on IP?

beckyinoklahoma 12-30-2010 09:28 AM

Congrats JudoGirl. That is awesome! I really enjoy reading the posts, it helps me stay focused and positive. I had a NSV this weekend, I am going to have to resize my wedding ring. I started IP the monday before Thanksgiving, and I have survived the two major holidays w/o cheating so I am hoping that it will be easier from this point.

Vicjul 12-30-2010 09:28 AM

My coach emailed me back yesterday I will be going to see her on Monday morning, I do have a few IP packages left so will probably start on Sunday. Her office has also moved very close to my home which will be so convenient for me to get to.

SJackson 12-30-2010 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jupiter (Post 3624062)
I am currently taking probotics first thing in the morning. Should I continue taking these while on IP?

My coach and the IP rep said they are fine to take, but, you need to make sure they don't slow your weight loss.

calebs grandma 12-30-2010 09:48 AM

Hello everyone!

Haven't posted in a while as I strayed off protocol a bit during Christmas and have been working hard to get back on track. It's amazing how quickly the pounds came back on when you combine cheating (cookies), extra salt from the Christmas ham and TOM. Stepped on the scales on Sunday and was up 6 pounds!

That was a reality check and all I needed to get back on plan. I've been drinking lots of water and sticking to plan and today am back to my "before cheat" weight. Weigh in is tomorrow.

I did learn (like others) that I need to work harder to change my eating habits. There are always going to be cookies, and I have no intention of giving them up forever. It's learning to take one and be satisifed .... not two, three or a handful.

I had no probs keeping my meals on protocol, other than Christmas dinner when I enjoyed a few no-nos in moderation. It's the cookies and snacks between meals that I have to be better about.

Anyway, kudos to those who stuck to their guns the last couple of weeks. You are AMAZING! For those of us who fell off the wagon, it's time to gt back on and start the new year off right.

Happy New Year everyone!

bek

kaarin 12-30-2010 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jupiter (Post 3624021)

One of the big surprises for me when I started this was that the cravings really do go away after a couple of days. You really are able to look at food and not be interested. It's quite amazing.
I fell off the wagon a bit during Christmas and have been back strictly on protocol since Monday. Getting back into ketosis this time I didn't have any headaches, but I found my stomach growling in the afternoon even though I wasn't really that hungry. I'm pretty sure that I'm back in ketosis now and I'm feeling great!
I took a spill on a cement sidewalk almost 2 weeks ago and sprained my ankle. It bothered me every day and by each afternoon it would be really swollen. I just about went to emergency to get it xrayed to make sure it wasn't cracked. But as of yesterday it was suddenly good. I really believe that this diet does so many good things for our bodies. I know that my arthritis in my hip hasn't bothered me like it used to either. I was also able to get off of my high blood pressure meds.
Gotta love IP!!
:broc::broc::broc:

Silado529 12-30-2010 10:36 AM

Day 1

Okay...I think we are supposed to post goals for the day, etc...

First Goal- to get through the day with no BLT's (bites, licks, & tastes) of anything I am not supposed to have.

Second Goal- to drink all my water- I do not usually even have a full 8 oz in a day so 64 is going to be tough.

My sister has been doing IP for 5 months (looks amazing- I am so proud of her) and gave me lots of tips & the occasional IP packet...so I have been taking her advice over the last 2-3 months and lost 12 pounds. Now I am officially on IP and have 31 pounds of fat to lose according to my initial consult this week. So is my husband so I have some home support!

Breakfast: "Enhanced" IP omelette (I added 2 egg whites & 1.5 cups of veggies)
H2O- I have had 22 oz so far....I cannot believe it!
Lunch- I plan to have a salad with veggies and an IP pudding
Dinner- I plan to have a salad w/veggies & to make a recipe I picked up at my consult....Turkey stuffed cabbage
Snack...jello
If I get cravings throughout the day- I have lots of diced veggies, egg whites & Kosher pickles!

Good luck to everyone & Happy New Year! I am reading through these posts to try & learn the lingo!

Medicmom734 12-30-2010 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaarin (Post 3624117)
I really believe that this diet does so many good things for our bodies. I know that my arthritis in my hip hasn't bothered me like it used to either. I was also able to get off of my high blood pressure meds.
Gotta love IP!!
:broc::broc::broc:

Since being on IP, my hip pain is gone as well, and I have gone off of all my meds for Arthritis and GERD! I have also for the first time in a year or so, been able to fall asleep easily AND STAY sleeping! LOL! YAYA!:carrot: