Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 10:18 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 305/208/220?

Height: 6.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
I have been very dizzy lately
New to the forum but have been lurking and learning. I have been on IP for about 5 weeks and have been feeling great. This week I have had some light headed and dizzy issues. Anyone else have this. I think I read Salesgod talk about it and he thought it was weight loss meets to much blood. Anyway any thoughts would be great. One other thing had my BP doe yesterday and was expecting it to be lower based on weight lost and the dizzyness, but it was pretty close to before I lost the weight. Could it be that the added salt has worked against lower weight lowering the bp. thanks in advance...
Old 12-29-2010, 10:23 PM   #47  

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the replies. For my first 2 weeks I ordered the fine herb omelet, wildberry yogurt, the mushroom and chicken soup, the chocolate drink (not ready made) and maple oatmeal. My coach didn't say anything about not eating restricted foods - I see the maple oatmeal is a restricted food. I am having that every other day.

I am still waiting for this package to come in the mail, hopefully tomorrow!!!
Old 12-29-2010, 10:47 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 180/180/130

Height: 5'3"

Thanks for all the responses and advice about my goal change. I think I'm going to set my goal at 135,wait until I reach 140 and move on to phase 2 to see if that helps with my mood. One other thing I didn't mention is that I had great results on my bloodwork yesterday. My physician lowered my thyroid medicine dose and was very impressed with my weight loss. When I told him I had 15 more to go, his comment was " No, maybe 5 more, but not 15." However I'm also considering other factors. My BMI is currently at 26 (18-25 is normal), My body fat % is 36 (normal for my age is 23-33)and Skeletal Muscle is 24 (normal for my age is 24-30 the higher the better). So I'm close to mormal ranges but not there yet in BMI and BFP. Once again thanks for the advice. God bless you all!

Ana
Old 12-29-2010, 10:55 PM   #49  

As I have been reading around the IP forum, I see alot of people received a starter package, my coach never said anything about a starter pack.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:59 PM   #50  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
I have some NSV to share. I haven't seen two of my friends in 4 weeks and they told me I look great! One of them suggested I stop at this weight, as I already look very skinny. She is not the first one to say that, so I am thinking about changing my goal. Before IP I was wearing size 10 pants and large tops. I went shopping last week for new clothes, even undergarments. I am now wearing size 6 and 4 pants and small tops. My dilema is that if I stay with the current goal I will have 15 more pounds to go, and that might be too much. Besides I think my body is also asking for a change. I have been very dizzy lately and having a hard time eating veggies and salad in the evening. Someone here suggested adding an apple and some cottage cheesse for a few days. I contacted my coach and she said that my goal might be too low and it might be a good idea to move to phase 2. Since everyone here is so supportive I would like to get some advice.
I had a lot of people tell me the same thing. I actually phased out to try out 140 for awhile and decided. I really do want that extra weight off. My original goal was 135. I'm lowering it to 130, I think. We'll see how this next month goes. Good luck to you.

As far as the dizziness, my doctor says this is due to your blood pressure getting to low. My solution for this is to shake some salt on the back of my hand and shoot it (think tequila shot). This seems to fix the issue sometimes. The other times I realized it is on days I add Splenda to my tea instead of Stevia.

Congrats on the great loss and I hope you get rid of the dizzies soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter View Post
What IP packets would you all suggest a person choose for their first week on IP? Which ones taste good, which ones keep you full longer? What are your favorites etc... thanks in advance
I personally like the cereal, chocolate drink, and vanilla RTD. I add hot water to the cereal with cinnamon and all spice. Tasty! For the chocolate drink, I add extra water to it with cinnamon and all spice. Mmm. And last but not least, I have DaVinci syrups to add to the vanilla RTD or pudding to give me different flavors every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyvrod View Post
I am definately in the slow losers club but I still luv IP.
Here is an example.
oct 6th and 12 weeks later.....today Dec 29th 20 lbs gone not a bunch but the inches lost is amazing to me. Size 10 (really should have been wearing a 12 but I was in denial) now mostly wearing size 6 some 8's.
You look fabulous!!!
Old 12-29-2010, 11:26 PM   #51  

Fellow Chicks,

I would greatly appreciate your input because I am really struggling!

I started my ninth IP week on Monday ~ and have stayed completely on protocol. The first seven weeks went well ~ after a few days of transitioning into IP, I didn't have cravings and just experienced nominal hunger. For some reason that changed two weeks ago. I am generally hungry all the time.

I am not exercising. I drink more water than is required and always measure out my 1/2 t. salt daily. What more can I try? I'm about to panic!
Old 12-29-2010, 11:27 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 191/157/140

Good evening all, this is more of a re-introduction since I've been off the forum for a while. Just seeing all the new comers helps to rejuvenate me in terms of getting back on the horse. I wasn't going to have an off-protocol Christmas, but somehow, little by little, it just happened. I think a lot had to do with the people in my life who would say, "come on, one little this or that won't kill you." and I wasn't going to listen but after hearing it so often (sometimes it was me saying it to myself to make an excuse), I eventually caved and basically ate "normal" for the past week. I tell you, after my first meal, my body was saying STOP. That much food was not good, in any way shape or form. And it wasn't that I was hungry, but it was all THERE, so why not eat it? Ugh...I'm so mad at myself. I even cancelled this weeks weigh-in so I could have a do-over and re-start, get back into ketosis, and actually have a loss. I haven't stepped on the scale in a few days and I'm pretty scared. But hey, I've lost at least 30 lbs (hopefully my errs in judgement haven't pushed me back further than that) so I shouldn't be so hard on myself. Not that I wish any of you the feeling of defeat, but if anyone had a similar experience over christmas, by this I mean accidentally/on purpose going off IP, I wouldn't mind hearing from you. I'm happy for all of you who stayed on protocol but honestly, it makes me feel totally crappy for caving when I had been doing so well.

So anyway, I hope to be on forum more often as I know in my first weeks on IP it really, really helped get me through the bad days and motivated me to have more good days. Good night, all!

Last edited by Rae2010; 12-29-2010 at 11:30 PM. Reason: typo
Old 12-29-2010, 11:42 PM   #53  
Restarted March 1, 2013

S/C/G: 191/155/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliebug82 View Post
Good morning! Day one of IP so far is ok. The cereal...ew. I ate it, though.

It's so great to see all of you on here, supporting each other and doing your best. Thanks for the welcome (in the introductions section), and hope you have a great day!
I found the cereal quite disgusting as well until my coach said to try sprinkling cinnamon on it.. what a difference, it cut the sweetner taste and now I find I really actually enjoy the taste. Give it a try.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:58 PM   #54  
Restarted March 1, 2013

S/C/G: 191/155/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
I'd look at my fat to lean ratio and check y BMI if I were trying to make up my mind. And remember that if you are quite lean now to maintain that you will have to continue at a quite low fat intake as you phase out and maintain.
Beware, the pitfalls of well meaning friends, in my past experience when I have lost weight on other programs and my "friends" would start saying oh, you are getting too skinny, you don't look well and it starts my mind playing games on me, soon the pounds started creeping back up and I always had the excuse that my "friends" think I am too skinny, so it's ok. Get down to the weight that you feel good at, why did you pick the goal, you did? Where does your doctor think you should be? Take care and good luck with your decision.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:10 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 235/lowest185/now200/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae2010 View Post
Good evening all, this is more of a re-introduction since I've been off the forum for a while. Just seeing all the new comers helps to rejuvenate me in terms of getting back on the horse. I wasn't going to have an off-protocol Christmas, but somehow, little by little, it just happened. I think a lot had to do with the people in my life who would say, "come on, one little this or that won't kill you." and I wasn't going to listen but after hearing it so often (sometimes it was me saying it to myself to make an excuse), I eventually caved and basically ate "normal" for the past week. I tell you, after my first meal, my body was saying STOP. That much food was not good, in any way shape or form. And it wasn't that I was hungry, but it was all THERE, so why not eat it? Ugh...I'm so mad at myself. I even cancelled this weeks weigh-in so I could have a do-over and re-start, get back into ketosis, and actually have a loss. I haven't stepped on the scale in a few days and I'm pretty scared. But hey, I've lost at least 30 lbs (hopefully my errs in judgement haven't pushed me back further than that) so I shouldn't be so hard on myself. Not that I wish any of you the feeling of defeat, but if anyone had a similar experience over christmas, by this I mean accidentally/on purpose going off IP, I wouldn't mind hearing from you. I'm happy for all of you who stayed on protocol but honestly, it makes me feel totally crappy for caving when I had been doing so well.

So anyway, I hope to be on forum more often as I know in my first weeks on IP it really, really helped get me through the bad days and motivated me to have more good days. Good night, all!
Hi there ! It was like written by me, exactly I still have 2 more lbs to lose before starting new loss ( I started again Ip after Christmas on Monday and oh boy it was difficult! I was graving everything...even that I was not eating that bad over Holidays. I started like you in September and lost 38 so far and now back on the horse! Thanks for sharing, we are in same boat (and I am waiting to get my ticker )
Closed Thread