Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 04:29 PM   #16  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules26 View Post
Today just feels like the LONGEST day ever at work so i went to the little convenient store next door to get a coffee.

They ONLY had half and half to put in it. I used some and now ALL i can think is that i ruined my whole good week

Am i just obsessing or have i truly ruined my week???? I guess i will see on tuesday at my weigh in

I will of course double my water intake for the rest of the week now....
Why so extreme? And there's no "of course" about it, unless you're only drinking about 60 oz of water a day. Sheez. Why kick yourself from Jersey to Hawai'i for just a few drops of half and half? I'd try a more conventional route out of Newark.
Old 12-17-2010, 04:35 PM   #17  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Carla, thanks for mentioning the inspiration thread in the daily chat. I would not have known about it, because I usually don't go to the new post section very offen. I go to my favorites, pull up the last chat I looked at and move on to the next ones from there. Have a great day. Judy

Linden, your favorite quote is so true, I dearly love your second favorite. Great advice.
Old 12-17-2010, 05:40 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 196.8/152.2/130

Height: 5"0'

Woohoo!!! over 30 pounds loss!! Yippee!!! Super excited... can you guys tell!!
Old 12-17-2010, 05:56 PM   #19  
Started IP May 25,2010

Jules, I have been told by my dr. that when you increase water you have to increase salt. By the way I don't think it would take that much water to wash away a little half and half. I think stay on plan and let the chips fall where they may next week, it may not be as bad as you think. If you have followed my posts over the past months you know I believe in following the plan, but sometimes things can't go as planned, so be a little flexable, that's called LIFE. You have a great attitude and you will obtain your goal and more. Judy
Old 12-17-2010, 06:01 PM   #20  
Started IP May 25,2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by joellio View Post
Woohoo!!! over 30 pounds loss!! Yippee!!! Super excited... can you guys tell!!

Old 12-17-2010, 06:12 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 216/206/168

Height: 5'5

Just have to tell everyone how proud I am of myself...Had a bridesmaid luncheon today at Olive Garden--- all the other bridesmaids ordered pasta I was the only one who order a skewer of dry grilled chicken and veggies hold the potatoes....YUMMY they all shared a big dessert plate...I skipped it came home and had a chocolate shake! O and I wore jeans that I havent had on since before I met my boyfriend 2 years ago!! I was surprised no one pushed me to eat any of the junk they were eating or the breadsticks thank goodness
Old 12-17-2010, 06:12 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 255/245/200

Height: 5'10"

A little funny to share today...

My secretary left the office for lunch and came back with some food from Panera's...she knows I'm doing IP and sees what I regularly eat and the conversation went something like this...

"I know you have to eat veggies, and I know you've been craving something warm...and when I saw they had veggie soup today, I just knew you had to have it. I asked what all was in it and I think it will work for what you need..." And she had this huge smile on her face..

The soup was pretty good...the worst part was that it had barley? in it. Since I'm currently on the alternative plan for phase 1 it all works out ok. She was so cute and excited about finding the soup and working to be supportive of what I was doing (she's been a great cheerleader) that even though it wasn't totally on protocol, there was no way I was not eating that soup

I guess it feels good when you have people trying hard to be supportive...a nice change from what I have experienced (and others too).

Have a good weekend everyone!
Old 12-17-2010, 08:11 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 264.5/183/165

Height: 5ft3

NSV alert! WOOT WOOT! I had to by tights/pantyhose over the weekend and stood in target staring at the sizes. Usually I was a 2x from Just My Size. I had to stop and think about what size I should get. I ended up buying a large from hanes. Today I wore a skirt, pulled them out of the packaging and thought, oh no, these are not going to fit! Well all, they fit....such a wonderful feeling! Yeah !!!
Old 12-17-2010, 08:36 PM   #24  
Started IP May 25,2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammers View Post
NSV alert! WOOT WOOT! I had to by tights/pantyhose over the weekend and stood in target staring at the sizes. Usually I was a 2x from Just My Size. I had to stop and think about what size I should get. I ended up buying a large from hanes. Today I wore a skirt, pulled them out of the packaging and thought, oh no, these are not going to fit! Well all, they fit....such a wonderful feeling! Yeah !!!
Old 12-17-2010, 10:07 PM   #25  
Kimi

S/C/G: 211.5/148.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryKate89 View Post
Just have to tell everyone how proud I am of myself...Had a bridesmaid luncheon today at Olive Garden--- all the other bridesmaids ordered pasta I was the only one who order a skewer of dry grilled chicken and veggies hold the potatoes....YUMMY they all shared a big dessert plate...I skipped it came home and had a chocolate shake! O and I wore jeans that I havent had on since before I met my boyfriend 2 years ago!! I was surprised no one pushed me to eat any of the junk they were eating or the breadsticks thank goodness
You are awesome!!! I am prettty sure I would not brave the Olive Garden for anything right now.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:12 PM   #26  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs44 View Post

My secretary left the office for lunch and came back with some food from Panera's...she knows I'm doing IP and sees what I regularly eat and the conversation went something like this...

"I know you have to eat veggies, and I know you've been craving something warm...and when I saw they had veggie soup today, I just knew you had to have it. I asked what all was in it and I think it will work for what you need..." And she had this huge smile on her face..

The soup was pretty good...the worst part was that it had barley? in it. Since I'm currently on the alternative plan for phase 1 it all works out ok. She was so cute and excited about finding the soup and working to be supportive of what I was doing (she's been a great cheerleader) that even though it wasn't totally on protocol, there was no way I was not eating that soup

I guess it feels good when you have people trying hard to be supportive...a nice change from what I have experienced (and others too).

I had a similar experience to this last night! I attached a picture of the "birthday cake" that my family group from church had for me last night. I felt so loved that they were trying to be supportive of me!

Quote:
You should try their grilled salmon too - it's amazing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00064-20101216-1914.jpg (29.1 KB, 27 views)
Old 12-17-2010, 10:46 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 171.5/145/140

Height: 5'7"

Hi: I'm glad to see that you are aiming for the weight I was thinking. We're the same height and I was thinking that I was pushing for too low a weight for my height.
I'm a little discouraged lately because I am a slow loser. However, I have been on the diet for 4 weeks and have lost 13 pounds, which is wonderful. I'm into a smaller size jean. But I'm stalled at 153 for about 4 days. I'm almost ready to quit because I have had a cold for a week, and I thought it was gone until tonight it seems I now have swollen glands... yiks..
Old 12-17-2010, 11:57 PM   #28  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Just some comments related to the day's inspiration posts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
If you have to swallow a toad don't look at it too long.

A West African proverb.
OMG!! Hilarious!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
Carla...I LOVE your 1 pound poem...with your permission I would like to print it out and pass it along to my IP friends here.

Gaile,

It isn't mine. It was shared freely with me on another diet forum and marked as anonymous. I think it would be great to share it with your friends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesley View Post
Love these ones. I think I will use the first one in my signature!! Keeps me focused!!!

Rich, fatty foods are like destiny: they too, shape our ends. ~Author Unknown
I LOVE this!
Old 12-18-2010, 12:13 AM   #29  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaJS View Post
I wanted to again say a huge THANK YOU to all of you who brought me back up when I was down. And Carla- your one pound poem really brought it home for me.

Anyways - I just wanted to thank you all again and say:: keep on keeping on, my friends. You all are doing awesome. Xox.
Awww!

I'm glad you like the poem. I read it the first time when I was trying a different low GI, High Protein program. Back then I didn't get the meaning. I thought "that's sweet!" Six years later, as I couldn't lose even ONE pound, I came across it again and thought, "YES!". That was a week before I learned about IP and when I started this, I thought I would do anything if it just move down 1 pound a week. For some people, that really is the best we can do all the time and for other people, it is all they needed to do that week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petiteandcute View Post
Carla, thanks for mentioning the inspiration thread in the daily chat. I would not have known about it, because I usually don't go to the new post section very offen. I go to my favorites, pull up the last chat I looked at and move on to the next ones from there. Have a great day. Judy

Linden, your favorite quote is so true, I dearly love your second favorite. Great advice.
You're welcome! I am glad you found it. Here is the link for anyone else who hasn't found it yet!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...otivation.html

Quote:
YEAH!!! Good for you!! I am so happy that they respected your right to eat as you saw fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs44 View Post

That is so precious!! I love people who are so supportive and excited for us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammers View Post
I know how that moment is. Only in a different way. As I was cleaning out my closets and drawers, I found several pair of yet to be used pantyhose and stockings. As I put them back in the drawer I thought "what are you doing?? I don't think they will work anymore." Just to be sure, I tried them on. Talk about having elephant ankles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
I had a similar experience to this last night! I attached a picture of the "birthday cake" that my family group from church had for me last night. I felt so loved that they were trying to be supportive of me!
You should try their grilled salmon too - it's amazing.
I love that picture!! How kind and considerate of them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightweight View Post
Hi: I'm glad to see that you are aiming for the weight I was thinking. We're the same height and I was thinking that I was pushing for too low a weight for my height.
I'm a little discouraged lately because I am a slow loser. However, I have been on the diet for 4 weeks and have lost 13 pounds, which is wonderful. I'm into a smaller size jean. But I'm stalled at 153 for about 4 days. I'm almost ready to quit because I have had a cold for a week, and I thought it was gone until tonight it seems I now have swollen glands... yiks..
You are NOT a slow loser! You are a normal, average loser. Most people lose 12 to 15 pounds a month which is a nice healthy weight loss! Your body will slow down to heal and as it does that your fluid volumes change. Just take care of yourself and once you are over the cold, the weight loss will come back.

Be kind to yourself. The weight loss is a much lower priority for your body right now.

Have some hot tea, snuggle up with a warm blanket and, get lots of rest.

ALSO, boost your vitamin C. We don't get enough on this diet. Try to get about 4000mg while you are sick. You will be able to tell if it is too much. As a body reaches its tolerance level/need level for vitamin C you become a bit gassy or have a loose bowel movement. If that happens just back it down by 500 or 1000mg and you will be at the right level for you.

Feel better soon!
Old 12-18-2010, 12:36 AM   #30  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
I love that picture!! How kind and considerate of them!
I know right? It made me cry. And made me feel so loved!
Closed Thread