IP Daily Chat - Thurs. 16 Dec. 2010

You're on Page 4 of 4
Go to
  • I had a great day. My boss took our team out for lunch at the Olive Garden and I managed to stay on program. I had grilled salmon, green salad - no croutons or dressing (I brought some Walden Farms Caesar dressing and sea salt), grilled broccoli and peppers. Olive Garden was soo accommodating and my meal was delicious. Just wanted to share..4 weeks and down 13.5 pounds.
  • Quote: I had a great day. My boss took our team out for lunch at the Olive Garden and I managed to stay on program. I had grilled salmon, green salad - no croutons or dressing (I brought some Walden Farms Caesar dressing and sea salt), grilled broccoli and peppers. Olive Garden was soo accommodating and my meal was delicious. Just wanted to share..4 weeks and down 13.5 pounds.
    Well done! It feels good to stay on protocol and still be able to have a nice lunch out.
  • My NSV for today...bought myself a beautiful green sweater...hold your breath!!!!!!!!!!!....SIZE PETITE SMALL!!! yes I said Petite Small...I LOVE IP!!!
  • I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who provided me with encouragement. I really appreciate it.

Yeah, it sucked only losing 1lb, but you are right:: I will lose more next week, I am determined.

Thank you again. You all really lifted me from my dark hole today. xox.
  • Quote: I am having an issue with my hands.

Not sure if it is weather-related --- since it has been bitterly cold here in southwestern Ontario, but has anyone else out there had problems with dry and cracked skin --- especially on the fingertips?

This has been happening to me now for about the past 3 weeks. The cracks do eventually heal, but it seems to take a long time and then a new crack appears.

I have been using Aveeno hand cream twice during the day and also lathering it on at night.

I have three fingers on which the corner near the nail has cracked open. Very sore and painful --- especially when typing. This is not good as I am a legal secretary and do lots of typing.

Could it be from a deficiency in not eating the dairy, fruits, etc.?

Looking to hear from anyone with similar complaints or any suggestions?

Thanks!
    L
    Lorrie, I did have a cracked fingertip last weekend. Thought I cut myself, but it just cracked open for being so dry. Every night for 3 nights I took Polysporin(like Neosporin) and put and wrapped it in bandaids. Went away and didn't hurt. Hope that helps.
    BTW, Love the new photo!
  • The top of my hands are really dry by the knuckles and I'm usually known for having soft hands. I'm pretty dry in general since I've been on this diet. I think it's the lowfat eating that probably causing it.
  • Quote: Only down 1lb and only -0.5" TOTAL this week. DH lost 5lb. Trying not to let it get to me, but obviously failing. My coach said it's probably my body in shock from the weight loss thurs far. TOM was last week... so that's not it. I drink 3L of water a day. I take all the supplements religiously. I wasn't weighing my food before but now I do that too. Boo
    Don't let it get you down. EVERY pound counts. When I started my goal was to be happy if I could just lose 1 pound a week. WHY? Because it was more than I had averaged in loss every week for the year prior. It was forward momentum. AND, it counted. You had a good week. Keep going!

Quote: You keep it up..Wed I just dropped under 200 for the first time in many many years..I was so happy jumping up and down and the nurses all got into it...
    so if you have to tell the doctor she is a drag maybe someone else can weigh you and give you that lift and sparkle we all need when we weight...
    if they don't we will...:ca rrot:
    CONGRATULATIONS!!

Officially in ONE-DERLAND! Way to go!

Quote: Just wondering if it would work making the pudding at home and packing it for lunch so I don't have to mix it at work.
    If you keep it cold, it works great! I have made mine and kept it on ice. It tasted just fine.

Quote: Hello everyone!!! I have not kept on on the daily chat for the past two weeks. I got back last Monday from a much-needed vacation. Visited with my son and his family, got to spend time with both of my grandsons, one of which I just met (he is 3 months old). I have to say, I did not stay on protocol completely (was a very bad girl), but at my weigh in yesterday I still managed to lose 5 pounds. Back on protocol now, fighting off a sinus infection (ugh) and happy with my weight loss. I will have to go back and read up on the chat from yesterday. It sounds like everyone has been making great strides with their weight loss. This is such a great site!!!!!

Everyone have a great evening!!!!!
    Welcome back and great job getting back on track!

Quote: Was at an office that I haven't been to in a while today for my work and got lots of compliments on my loss. Then I had someone try to force me to eat snacks that were in the office. I grabbed a couple cucumbers and she literally tried to harass me into eating pepperoni and cheese! Why do some people have a desire to sabatoge you?!?!?
    I think we compound their personal guilt when we can show strength and commitment. You did great!

Quote: I remember back in July when I was just about a month on the IP program and after losing a good deal of weight, I had a week where I lost 1.25 lbs. and my coach made the remark "that's not very much". Of course, I steamed silently because fat people don't say what their thinking....continued on the program and before you know it I had my revenge...when I go in for my WI's they never fail to tell me "look how tiny you are" and boy, doi they ever take pictures. Now they tell me I'm "fresh" because I say whatever I think. Someone here had a tagline on their signature that said "it's none of my business what other people think of me" and I have a copy of that on my desk at work....now I'm living that thought. Today I realized that I can buy anything I want to wear ....in any dept of the store...WOWEEEEEEEEEEEE

Marilyn
    I am so happy for you Marilyn! You have done such a great job following the program and dropping the pounds!

Quote: Well, I was up a pound today. It killed me a little to have to change my ticker! :-) I'm okay with it though - I know it will be gone next week. It's just a result of taking the weekend off, it's TOM and when I weighed last week, it was first thing in the morning (hadn't eaten anything) and this week, it was at 4:00 in the afternoon (post lunch, breakfast and 40 oz of water). I was down 1% body fat. I'm fully back on program (since Sunday afternoon) and am hoping that I hit 30 lbs loss by next Wednesday!
    So, you're saying the scale just THINKS you are a pound heavier. It doesn't have all the facts!

Quote:

Awesome!
    Hey I'm Svelting! How are things going? I hope you are enjoying the holidays!

Quote: I am having an issue with my hands.

Not sure if it is weather-related --- since it has been bitterly cold here in southwestern Ontario, but has anyone else out there had problems with dry and cracked skin --- especially on the fingertips?

This has been happening to me now for about the past 3 weeks. The cracks do eventually heal, but it seems to take a long time and then a new crack appears.

I have been using Aveeno hand cream twice during the day and also lathering it on at night.

I have three fingers on which the corner near the nail has cracked open. Very sore and painful --- especially when typing. This is not good as I am a legal secretary and do lots of typing.

Could it be from a deficiency in not eating the dairy, fruits, etc.?

Looking to hear from anyone with similar complaints or any suggestions?

Thanks!
    L
    ME TOO! I am using almond oil on my hands. It seems to help some. I have also increased my omega oils to see if that helps my skin. So far, a slight improvement.

Quote: I had a great day. My boss took our team out for lunch at the Olive Garden and I managed to stay on program. I had grilled salmon, green salad - no croutons or dressing (I brought some Walden Farms Caesar dressing and sea salt), grilled broccoli and peppers. Olive Garden was soo accommodating and my meal was delicious. Just wanted to share..4 weeks and down 13.5 pounds.
    I LOVE THEM!! They have a gluten free menu. It works great for making choices and, it notes carb content in dishes. I am glad you managed to go to such a workable place.

Quote: My NSV for today...bought myself a beautiful green sweater...hold your breath!!!!!!!!!!!....SIZE PETITE SMALL!!! yes I said Petite Small...I LOVE IP!!!
    WOO HOOT!! That is awesome! I wonder if people will know what size gifts to get for you this year!
  • Quote: home from WI 200.8!! ahh so so close to onederland. I must say i do not care for this office manager that has been doing my WI's she is just sooo i dont know the word for it Blah I guess. When I stepped on the scale today she wrote my weight and water down and than says oo almost to 15 u sure a slow loser...I looked at her in disbelief....first off lets learn to add I'm now at16 pounds in 4 weeks,Im also a full time student who finds it hard to get her meals in but does it becauseI know I have to! I also lost 5 inches this week and she didn't say a word about it just ooo yeah theres a half a inch gone there... UGG Thank you everyone for being so supportive 3FC!! You guys keep me going. O and its snowing here yuck, our roads are awful and the boyfriend just left for night shift so the dog and I are in for the night in my p.j.s resting from a week of crazy finals!
    If that office manager thinks you are a slow looser, she should see my record. I have been on procotal since May 25th. Any one on this diet, any one trying to change their life style deserves a good to great coach, but apparently everyone does not have one. When you reach your goal you can think back and know with out a doubt that you did it in spite of all the difficuties you had to face. keep your head high, a smile on your face and watch your body get thinner. (remember she is an office manager).

Quote: Speaking of coaches....mine asked me to write a testimonial the other day and I am going to turn it down, but my husband says I should tell him why.

The chiropractor is the doctor sponsering the program but his mom and another lady do the "coaching." I literally HATE going to the office. The one lady looks my chart up and down, never compliments, always look for something I have done wrong, gets very snooty about the phase off rules (can't see outside the box) even after I lose 3.5 or more pounds week after week with only one bad week and that was 2 pounds. I find going there stressful. For awhile the mom was seeing me and she was awesome...happy cheerful...gave out hugs...supportive, etc.

I WANT TO THANK EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD BECAUSE YOU TAUGHT ME HOW TO BE SUCCESSFUL....ESPECIALLY THANKFUL TO CARLA, DODOMOMMY, AVALYNN FOR SHARING HOW THEY WERE SUCCESSFUL THROUGH MESSAGES.

My coach has nothing to do with my success other then access to the food. I wish I could stop going there....I am very motivated without it. Again thankful to all of you for all the information that has helped me.

Also many thanks to the ladies back in September who convinced me to never step off protocol because I would regret it....I put that in my mind and now I am ready to face Las Vegas because I have been mentally prepared since all your posts back in September told me I would regret a cheat or two.

Again thank you to all of you....I am grateful for this board as it has been a big part of my motivation.
    Please try to not let a coach who does not know how to coach or deal with people or help people stress you. You don't need the stress. look at the situation for what it is and keep doing what you know to do and get to your goal.
    Quote: I had a great day. My boss took our team out for lunch at the Olive Garden and I managed to stay on program. I had grilled salmon, green salad - no croutons or dressing (I brought some Walden Farms Caesar dressing and sea salt), grilled broccoli and peppers. Olive Garden was soo accommodating and my meal was delicious. Just wanted to share..4 weeks and down 13.5 pounds.
    I ate at an Olive Garden, had a great meal on plan. I ask questions and I was given a to go menu, a Garden Fare Guide and a nutrition information guide. I have found all resturants to be very helpful.

Quote: I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who provided me with encouragement. I really appreciate it.

Yeah, it sucked only losing 1lb, but you are right:: I will lose more next week, I am determined.

Thank you again. You all really lifted me from my dark hole today. xox.
    Remember we did not gain our extra weight in one day, one week or in one month. It's the results we get in the long run.
  • Quote: Was at an office that I haven't been to in a while today for my work and got lots of compliments on my loss. Then I had someone try to force me to eat snacks that were in the office. I grabbed a couple cucumbers and she literally tried to harass me into eating pepperoni and cheese! Why do some people have a desire to sabatoge you?!?!?

Jealousy. Jealous of your determination, and your loss. Ignore them... and YOU GO GIRL
  • TGIF. TG I finally have my internet restored. It was a long morning chomping at the bit to post.

The new daily thread is now open. Please multi-quote any responses from this thread. Then, cut and paste your responses in the new thread.

Friday, December 17, 2010 Chat