Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 06:48 AM   #76  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default This thread is now closed.

Good morning! I hope you are all warm and cozy. The temps are finally back near the freezing mark in St. Louis which only means ice and drivers that don't know how to drive. I guess that is better than so cold my toes might fall off. I don't know how you all do it up North.

The new daily thread is now open. Please multi-quote any responses from this thread. Then, cut and paste your responses in the new thread.

Monday, December 16, 2010 Chat
Old 12-16-2010, 07:52 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
The ketone results don't have much to do with fluid gain. Yes, because of the way food effects us, you could show a gain or a loss because of something that happened a day or more before. In this case, you are probably experiencing fluid gain, cycle changes, or some other bodily function that will self correct.

You will be fine having 3/4 to 1cup. I hope you enjoy the meal.

You and I made the same mistake! Couts is Rene, another one of our male members! I know we don't have many so it is easy to think it is a girls club!

Here is a shout out to all our guys - wyomingguy, Tedski, Josh, Sales god Dave, our other Ted, and Rene aka Couts.

Carla, THANKYOU for all your advice.... I look forward to reading what you have to say each day... and yes, I took just under 1c of the egg whites and it was great! something HOT on a cold cold winter evening... thank you again
Old 12-16-2010, 08:29 AM   #78  

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Hey Everyone!

Sorry I haven't been on very much. I am trying to get many things done and get out of here for the holidays.

I did make time to go to the doctor yesterday. It was followup for my blood work I had run last week. I haven't had anything done for about 4 months, since shortly after taking a break from the program.

SO....... I HAVE AMAZING results!

I started the program with the start of hypothyroidism, indications of growing hypoglycemia, normal but low cholesterol, and high normal blood pressure, low cortisol indicating fatigued adrenals, acid reflux, and mild sleep apnea. During the program, my thyroid showed improvement, blood sugar seemed to be looking more normal, no change to adrenals, acid reflux cleared and apnea cleared. My cholesterol actually went crazy LOW.

At the end of 8 months the rest had stayed the same but, my thyroid had begun to approach normal.

SO, yesterday, the results were great!!!

I now have NORMAL thyroid! Yes!!! Even a high normal activity. Normal is between 1 and 2 in tsh reading. My tsh is now 1.35. I WAS 3.45 just a year ago!! I really wasn't sure what it would take to improve my thyroid and I didn't know that the diet would help. It seems to have done just that in my case.

My blood sugar and a1c indicate normal and no longer low blood sugar.

I do have low blood pressure still but, that runs in my family for generations.

I have normal adrenal function.

AND, my cholesterol is back to normal!!

Total cholesterol is 138, HDL is 70, Triglycerides are 35, and LDL is 33.

My mouth (teeth and gums are normal again) and my hair is growing back in.

My doctor is so excited about the results she said Everything looks "text book ideal". I really feel great now too.

It is so nice to go through the program, see the weight come off and, see all the health issues I have been wondering about for 20 years change for the better!

Seeing how well my body rebounded after the program, I am looking forward to going through the process again. I have complete confidence in how well this program works short and long term!

I am so happy for you Carla! congrats It goes to prove that a healthy diet, low in fats etc DO make a positive chg in how we look, how we feel and over all health... YAY YOU
Old 12-16-2010, 08:35 AM   #79  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
I was thrilled with the biggest loser...they were so supportive and happy for each other..and I was glad Patrick won..he will pay it forward for a long time..
I'm hoping when I lose my weight I can run an obese class for Children...
We teach Judo and I hope to inspire Children or even women to take a step...
I weighed today and I'm down 8 lbs this week..
I was thrilled...
my loss is now at 42....

I love the pickles too..but stop eating them 2 days before weigh in...

YES no more pickles LOL........ I am still stuck at 171 and REFUSE to update my ticker to move UP a number.... my body just STICKS to a number then all of a sudden pow! it drops. At least I have comfort in knowing it is NOT fat. I used to take judo...LOVED it... my brothers and I. Got to green belt, and silver medalist in Mid western competition. was 'this close' to winning the gold...but my pants starting to fall down jhahhahhaahhah and they had to 'pause' the bout, until i tied them back up,and when they started again, she was already on top of me, and I lost love love love that sport tho. Keep up the good work
Old 12-16-2010, 08:36 AM   #80  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
I can't believe it...I lost 8 lbs this week...and got under 200 lbs...
I am now officially at 197...I just squealled and the nurses were thrilled we were jumping around...wow
42 lbs gone in 9 weeks...I'm on top of the clouds ..and my husband
is all smiles...

WOW that is awesome! what products were you eating ? puddings etc? any restricted. WHAT IS your secret girl? LOL congrats!
Old 12-16-2010, 09:05 AM   #81  

Quote:
Originally Posted by janedocmom View Post
I thought that I was the only one who sat with a 1/2 gallon of ice cream watching the Biggest Loser! Not anymore, though.
Great substitution choices!
I was wondering, too, why everyone gets so worked up telling me that my program is not healthy when I started it.
Losing a chunk of weight sure makes them think!

Its good to see I as well, was not alone, in eating all that 'bad food' while watching Biggest Loser... how ironic! They are working out, losing weight and I was sitting on the couch cheering them on, wishing it were me, as I took another piece of cheese and washed it down with red wine... mmmm ....NOW as you all said...we are watching AND losing at the same time... yahoooooooooooooo
Old 12-16-2010, 03:17 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 196/196/140

Default Just made appt to start Ideal Protein....

I will be starting Ideal Protein Jan 1, 2011. I have read nothing but positive reviews about this diet and can't really find any negative reviews. I really need to lose 40-50lbs and I am ready to be committed. I had a second baby this past September and I am having a really hard time losing the weight this time around. I was going to start immediately but my Dr. felt that it would be best to move into it past Christmas to be 100% committed, so Jan 1 is kickoff. Any tips or advice to help get thru phase 1 would be deeply appreciated.
Old 12-16-2010, 03:38 PM   #83  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by kattdev1976 View Post
I will be starting Ideal Protein Jan 1, 2011. I have read nothing but positive reviews about this diet and can't really find any negative reviews. I really need to lose 40-50lbs and I am ready to be committed. I had a second baby this past September and I am having a really hard time losing the weight this time around. I was going to start immediately but my Dr. felt that it would be best to move into it past Christmas to be 100% committed, so Jan 1 is kickoff. Any tips or advice to help get thru phase 1 would be deeply appreciated.
HI!

to the group.

Take some time to book mark our home page and then read the conversation topics at the topic, particularly tips for newbies and frequently asked questions. Also, join us in the daily chat for today.

Here are the links. I am reposting your comment to today's chat. Stop by there and say hello so people may easily respond. Thanks!!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/ bookmark this! It is our home page and will keep you up on the most recent and most important conversations

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...s-newbies.html

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-diet-faq.html
Old 12-16-2010, 03:40 PM   #84  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

closed.

Please join our Thursday, December 16th conversations here:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ec-2010-a.html

Last edited by showgirlaz; 12-16-2010 at 03:40 PM.
Closed Thread