Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 06:13 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
.....its amazing how the 'number' we see on the scale will affect us so much...
I was thrilled with the biggest loser...they were so supportive and happy for each other..and I was glad Patrick won..he will pay it forward for a long time..
I'm hoping when I lose my weight I can run an obese class for Children...
We teach Judo and I hope to inspire Children or even women to take a step...
I weighed today and I'm down 8 lbs this week..
I was thrilled...
my loss is now at 42....

I love the pickles too..but stop eating them 2 days before weigh in...

Old 12-15-2010, 06:13 PM   #47  
Pat R

S/C/G: 219/209/175

Height: 5'6.5"

Default WooHoo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Hey Everyone!

Sorry I haven't been on very much. I am trying to get many things done and get out of here for the holidays.

I did make time to go to the doctor yesterday. It was followup for my blood work I had run last week. I haven't had anything done for about 4 months, since shortly after taking a break from the program.

SO....... I HAVE AMAZING results!

I started the program with the start of hypothyroidism, indications of growing hypoglycemia, normal but low cholesterol, and high normal blood pressure, low cortisol indicating fatigued adrenals, acid reflux, and mild sleep apnea. During the program, my thyroid showed improvement, blood sugar seemed to be looking more normal, no change to adrenals, acid reflux cleared and apnea cleared. My cholesterol actually went crazy LOW.

At the end of 8 months the rest had stayed the same but, my thyroid had begun to approach normal.

SO, yesterday, the results were great!!!

I now have NORMAL thyroid! Yes!!! Even a high normal activity. Normal is between 1 and 2 in tsh reading. My tsh is now 1.35. I WAS 3.45 just a year ago!! I really wasn't sure what it would take to improve my thyroid and I didn't know that the diet would help. It seems to have done just that in my case.

My blood sugar and a1c indicate normal and no longer low blood sugar.

I do have low blood pressure still but, that runs in my family for generations.

I have normal adrenal function.

AND, my cholesterol is back to normal!!

Total cholesterol is 138, HDL is 70, Triglycerides are 35, and LDL is 33.

My mouth (teeth and gums are normal again) and my hair is growing back in.

My doctor is so excited about the results she said Everything looks "text book ideal". I really feel great now too.

It is so nice to go through the program, see the weight come off and, see all the health issues I have been wondering about for 20 years change for the better!

Seeing how well my body rebounded after the program, I am looking forward to going through the process again. I have complete confidence in how well this program works short and long term!
This is wonderful for you and so encouraging for all of us. I am so happy for you Carla. You are so positive and always share such helpful information. Thank you so much! ~ Pat
Old 12-15-2010, 06:22 PM   #48  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
Good Morning Everyone!
Today is a freezing day in Chicago. Right now is -5F . TOM is around the corner and I have been craving sweets since yesterday. On top of that I have tons of bags of candy canes and chocolate at home as I am making treat bags for all my students. Talk about torture!! I have not crave sweets for 4 weeks. If anyone has any ideas on how to handle this, please post it. I'm having a hard time.
Have a wonderful day!

Ana
Eat a poppy bar with a nice cup of Spiced Tea..Constant Comment is my favorite..Decaf...this is what I do when I'm craving...
and the Treadmill for 1 mile....
Old 12-15-2010, 06:24 PM   #49  

Default i did it my wall was torn down

I can't believe it...I lost 8 lbs this week...and got under 200 lbs...
I am now officially at 197...I just squealled and the nurses were thrilled we were jumping around...wow
42 lbs gone in 9 weeks...I'm on top of the clouds ..and my husband
is all smiles...
Old 12-15-2010, 06:34 PM   #50  
CBG

S/C/G: 196/163/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
I can't believe it...I lost 8 lbs this week...and got under 200 lbs...
I am now officially at 197...I just squealled and the nurses were thrilled we were jumping around...wow
42 lbs gone in 9 weeks...I'm on top of the clouds ..and my husband
is all smiles...
You have done an amazing job!!! Well done!
Old 12-15-2010, 06:38 PM   #51  
Re-Start 8/6/2012

S/C/G: 202/152/155

Height: 5'7

Back from WI #6. Steady going @ another 2.2lbs gone. I'll take it!!!!

Soooo....I ordered some stuff from LowCarbCanada.ca and it just came in today. Some Miracle Noodles, WF stuff - and a cheesecake. Thats right.

Here is how it adds up:

Per 70g (1 serving)

Total fat - 4.5g
Sodium - 160mg
Total Carb - 1g
Sugars - 1g
Protein - 10g

YUM!!! This is going to be my Christmas Supper dessert!!! I can hardly wait. (I had to stash it in hubby's beer fridge downstairs so I wouldnt eat it before then!)

Any suggestions for the Miracle Noodles??
Old 12-15-2010, 06:45 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 160/IP 155/146/118

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Hey Everyone!

Quote:
Sorry I haven't been on very much. I am trying to get many things done and get out of here for the holidays.

I did make time to go to the doctor yesterday. It was followup for my blood work I had run last week. I haven't had anything done for about 4 months, since shortly after taking a break from the program.

I started the program with the start of hypothyroidism, indications of growing hypoglycemia, normal but low cholesterol, and high normal blood pressure, low cortisol indicating fatigued adrenals, acid reflux, and mild sleep apnea. During the program, my thyroid showed improvement, blood sugar seemed to be looking more normal, no change to adrenals, acid reflux cleared and apnea cleared. My cholesterol actually went crazy LOW.

At the end of 8 months the rest had stayed the same but, my thyroid had begun to approach normal.

I now have NORMAL thyroid! Yes!!! Even a high normal activity. Normal is between 1 and 2 in tsh reading. My tsh is now 1.35. I WAS 3.45 just a year ago!! I really wasn't sure what it would take to improve my thyroid and I didn't know that the diet would help. It seems to have done just that in my case.

My doctor is so excited about the results she said Everything looks "text book ideal". I really feel great now too.

It is so nice to go through the program, see the weight come off and, see all the health issues I have been wondering about for 20 years change for the better!

Seeing how well my body rebounded after the program, I am looking forward to going through the process again. I have complete confidence in how well this program works short and long term!

What GREAT news!
Let me join in on the band wagon in congratulating you.
Your accomplishment is even more impressive in that you persisted with the IP program despite feeling so horrendous through the process. I certainly hope that this next go round is easier for you than the first time and that you continue with the fabulous results.
Your input and support have been so essential in my success and with so many other people as well. When ARE you becoming an official IP Coach?
Continued success, Carla, it is well deserved!
Happy Holidays!

Back at you!!!!!!

Old 12-15-2010, 06:47 PM   #53  
tcswain

S/C/G: Started IP 09/26/2010

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
Getting pretty excited....only 8 more sleeps till we leave for our DS's for Christmas AND only 10 more sleeps til comes!!!!

Congratulations for all the great WIs and NSVs out there!!! Sending good energy, positive thinking and to everyone.

I love the quote from yesterday's chat about visualizing yourself at your goal!! Except I haven't been there for so very long I don't know what I will look like

Have a great IP day everyone!!!
Thank you for keeping count of the "sleeps". When I see that we only have 10 left, that means we have made it through most of the Christmas Season and with that it will not be too long before we are past it and can get our lives back to normal without all the sweets. One day at a time . . .
Old 12-15-2010, 07:08 PM   #54  

Great job all on your WI's and NSV's, and Doctor update (Carla!!)
I came to realize a few weeks ago watching the Biggest loser is that this was the first time in 10 seasons of watching it, I was acutally loosing right along with them. What a great feeling knowing that I don't watch it anymore eating ice cream, cookies, chips, or any bad food saying "I wish I could lose weight." (how embarrassing admitting that I did that) I was very happy with the outcome also.
Last night we celebrated my son's 3rd birthday. We made a cake, and I made my choc. muffin with caramel sauce on it so I didn't feel left out. It is a good way to feel like you're getting that chocolate fix in.
I told someone yesterday that I was on Ip and what I eat and drink, I said I drink about a gallon of water a day and they said not to get over hydrated and if I feel dizzy or light headed drink a gatorade. I just said, "ok, thanks" and dropped it. I didn't want to get into 'gatorade has a lot of sugar and I'm not supposed to have sugar' conversation. I can't remember who said it, but you're right, (I think it was Ladyvrod) no one says anything about the food that was killing us, they want to tell us to do something different now that we're getting healthy. Weird.
Have a great night all.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:03 PM   #55  
Kimi

S/C/G: 211.5/148.5/140

Quote:
Hey Everyone!

U

YAY!!!!! That is so great Carla, you must be just beaming!!!! Congratulations!!!!
Old 12-15-2010, 08:15 PM   #56  
Kimi

S/C/G: 211.5/148.5/140

Ok I did a bad bad thing and someone needs to give me heck. Over the weekend I discovered what taking too much magnesium does to the body. And then yesterday I ate too much steak (new bbq sauce tasted really good) and then purposely took extra pills. I think that can not be healthy. My bad. :-(
Old 12-15-2010, 08:50 PM   #57  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuts Mom View Post
Ok I did a bad bad thing and someone needs to give me heck. Over the weekend I discovered what taking too much magnesium does to the body. And then yesterday I ate too much steak (new bbq sauce tasted really good) and then purposely took extra pills. I think that can not be healthy. My bad. :-(
What does extra magnesium do? Tell me, and then I'll give you heck! :-)
Old 12-15-2010, 09:03 PM   #58  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuts Mom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
What does extra magnesium do? Tell me, and then I'll give you heck! :-)
Never mind, I just googled it.

And now for the heck... I don't want to come across as sounding too harsh, but DON'T DO THAT AGAIN! It seems to me that by willfully doing it once you realized what excess pills will do, you're setting yourself up on a dangerous cycle. Too much steak isn't a huge deal (it's mainly protein after all). But you don't want to start thinking in your head that it's okay to throw up, or take extra magnesium or other laxatives because you screwed up. I think that a lot of this diet is about getting our heads on straight about our relationship with food and our bodies.

When I was sick with a bad gall bladder, I used to throw up everything that I ate because I just couldn't keep it down. Even after my gallbladder was taken out, I still had those automatic reactions to food because it had become so ingrained in my head and gag reflex. It's been 4 years since then and up until I started this program, I was still throwing up several meals a week. Whenever I felt overfull or my tummy just felt odd, I'd throw up. I haven't thrown up since I started this program, but when I was on my "off weekend" last weekend, after dinner, my tummy was feeling odd and I wanted to go throw up (plus I was feeling guilty). I tried to throw up, but I just couldn't. I realized that my head had finally accepted that this wasn't the way to deal with things and that since I ate it, I should just accept it and move on. I take this to mean that my head is starting to heal too.

So, I'm glad you told us, but please don't do it again!
Old 12-15-2010, 09:08 PM   #59  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamadancer View Post
I added a new pic to my progress pics.....it's starting to look like progress to me!
Wow! You look INCREDIBLE and very different - that picture from December is just amazing.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:18 PM   #60  
Lorrie

S/C/G: 280/191/200

Height: 5' 8"

Default WI today ...

WI today and I lost 6.

I am now 4 away from my goal and I am just thrilled!!!

Not sure, but I might continue on past my goal and try to lose another 10!!!!

Congrats to all out there on their success! Keep it going and don't give it --- this plan works!!!!

L
Closed Thread