Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 03:52 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 171.5/145/140

Height: 5'7"

Good Luck to you Judo girl.... Here I am thinking I'm going to have a hard time at the neighborhood party on Saturday night. And here you are facing a double wammy. Stay strong. It will be worth it.
Old 12-14-2010, 04:14 PM   #32  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesgod View Post
I was kind of surprised at my WI this morning. I started Phase 2 last Wednesday, so it's been nearly a week. I was down almost 6 lbs. from last week. That's a seriously good IP week.

Hitting Phase 3 next week, so we'll see what impact that has, but I am looking forward to enjoying Christmas breakfast by eating something a bit more substantial than an IP shake...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
FINALLY after 4 weeks of bouncing up and down with the same few lbs I lost 4.2lbs.!!!! It sure felt good!!!!

I go through jars of the WF Raspberry fruit spread, I make the Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing for my salads AND my DH has taken a liking to it to!! It is sooooo good!!!

A bit warmer here today only minus 15C. (the weekend was brutal minus 36C)

to all the Newbies...you will love this eating plan and especially this forum!!!!

For all the NSV , they are awesome!!

Have a great day!!!

Good job to both of you
Old 12-14-2010, 05:39 PM   #33  
Pat R

S/C/G: 219/209/175

Height: 5'6.5"

first WI yesterday - 8.5 lbs on week 1 of the Alt. Plan. I am so happy! And it was only 6 days cause I started on Tuesday. This week will be a whole week.
Doing a happy dance!
Old 12-14-2010, 06:21 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 187/157/160-revised to 150

Height: 66"

.....WI # 3 today ..lost 3lbs..that makes 15 in 3 wks...YAY !! My goal was 15 by Christmas !!
Having surgery tomorrow ..a bit anxious, have the ready to drink shakes packed and hope the hospital has some veggies although the surgery involves my throat...may NOT be able to eat any solid foods til Sat or Sun....IP coach said " do what u have to do to recover quickly" and that's what I shall do !!!
Congrads to all on their successes this week !!

Have a great rest of the week !!!!
Old 12-14-2010, 06:28 PM   #35  

Default Stress, imagery, & dieting...

I found this quote on another forum (not 3 Fat Chicks) & thought it made a lot of sense...

"As soon as I allow stress or negative emotions take over my weight loss stops dead in it's tracks. I also see myself and imagine myself and refer to myself at 140lbs and a size 5. As if it's already a fact. Since I have steadily started this mind set, I have started losing 1 to 2 lbs a day."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The 1 to 2 lbs a day is probably more than we can expect on IP & probably more than would be recommended anyway, but the idea of imagining ourselves at our goal weight might be beneficial in the long run...

hugs

Last edited by Aunt Sheshie; 12-14-2010 at 06:37 PM.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:34 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 147/128/115

Height: 5'

Hi everyone!
i have a question, i went for my weekly weigh in and for the second week in a row i have not lost any weight. i lost 2.3% body fat and i gained 4lbs of muscle. this is very good and all but i still have about 15lbs of fat on me that i want to lose. should i continue exercising heavily or should i exercise less and see if i can lose some weight and the concentrate on the muscle building afterwards?
Old 12-14-2010, 06:37 PM   #37  
CBG

S/C/G: 196/163/160

Height: 5'6"

I am liking this week so far!! Weigh In #9 saw another 2.6 lb loss. Not bad for my second full week on Phase II and a staff Christmas party to boot! With this weigh in, I also made the 15 lb Christmas challenge with a week to spare. So far...a great IP start to the week!
Old 12-14-2010, 07:30 PM   #38  
Love

S/C/G: 287.3/228.3/160 restartApr25

Height: 5'5"

Good job everyone on your losses.

Personally, I feel like I haven't lost much this week. I just feel like I stalled. I'll find out Thursday.

Today was rough, emotionally. I guess it's bound to happen that something upsets me and makes me angry. Of course, in the past I would run to food. But I can't now. And thats okay with me too.

DH and I went by Dr. Bernstein to get some shakes but we were 20 minutes past their closing time. Apparently they are only open til 230pm on weekdays. Guess I'll try again tomorrow. Does anyone know what their shakes are sweetened with? Thanks in advance.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:58 PM   #39  
IP Start Feb 5/16

S/C/G: 338.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'3

Contrats to all on their losses and NSV!
I had my WI today, down 2lbs.. YAY. I'm hoping that next week I will not only reach the 100lbs lost but be in onderland too. Take care all..
Old 12-14-2010, 09:08 PM   #40  
Kimi

S/C/G: 211.5/148.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
I found this quote on another forum (not 3 Fat Chicks) & thought it made a lot of sense...

"As soon as I allow stress or negative emotions take over my weight loss stops dead in it's tracks. I also see myself and imagine myself and refer to myself at 140lbs and a size 5. As if it's already a fact. Since I have steadily started this mind set, I have started losing 1 to 2 lbs a day."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The 1 to 2 lbs a day is probably more than we can expect on IP & probably more than would be recommended anyway, but the idea of imagining ourselves at our goal weight might be beneficial in the long run...

hugs
Love it!!!
Old 12-14-2010, 09:26 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 245.6/193.4/180.0 IP 10/17/10

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addy View Post
Contrats to all on their losses and NSV!
I had my WI today, down 2lbs.. YAY. I'm hoping that next week I will not only reach the 100lbs lost but be in onderland too. Take care all..
Wow almost 100lbs gone - way to go!
Old 12-14-2010, 09:45 PM   #42  
Started IP 9/7/10

S/C/G: 353/200/160

Height: 5'10

Wow...so many amazing losses already this week!!! Congrats to everyone!!!

I had my weigh in today and lost 3.5 lbs for the week. IP is amazing!
Old 12-14-2010, 10:04 PM   #43  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shindabug View Post
Hi everyone!
i have a question, i went for my weekly weigh in and for the second week in a row i have not lost any weight. i lost 2.3% body fat and i gained 4lbs of muscle. this is very good and all but i still have about 15lbs of fat on me that i want to lose. should i continue exercising heavily or should i exercise less and see if i can lose some weight and the concentrate on the muscle building afterwards?
I can't tell from your data or post how long you have been on IP, but if you are in at minimum the first 1-4 weeks of IP, you should not (most coaches say) be exercising in any extreme way--it can actually slow your loss and keep you out of ketosis. My coach did not allow me to exercise "heavily" until I was in Phase 2, before then, it was walking or strength training ONLY. So, yes, that could be slowing you down.

BUT all that said, the other big question is "what is going on with inches?" because as someone (Aunt Sheeshie?) pointed out, it's not the number on your scale, it's the number on your jeans that counts!

So, in any case, if you want to lose more fat, I would recommend cutting back to only exercise that is a low heart rate kind of thing (as your body gets more stressed it goes after whatever it can get, whether it is fat or muscle no longer matters). But let us know what your measurements are doing, and what you are eating and drinking and there may be some more useful/specific feedback we can help with, ok? (how much water, what supplements, what you eat in a typical day, etc.)
Old 12-14-2010, 10:26 PM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post
I can't tell from your data or post how long you have been on IP, but if you are in at minimum the first 1-4 weeks of IP, you should not (most coaches say) be exercising in any extreme way--it can actually slow your loss and keep you out of ketosis. My coach did not allow me to exercise "heavily" until I was in Phase 2, before then, it was walking or strength training ONLY. So, yes, that could be slowing you down.

BUT all that said, the other big question is "what is going on with inches?" because as someone (Aunt Sheeshie?) pointed out, it's not the number on your scale, it's the number on your jeans that counts!

So, in any case, if you want to lose more fat, I would recommend cutting back to only exercise that is a low heart rate kind of thing (as your body gets more stressed it goes after whatever it can get, whether it is fat or muscle no longer matters). But let us know what your measurements are doing, and what you are eating and drinking and there may be some more useful/specific feedback we can help with, ok? (how much water, what supplements, what you eat in a typical day, etc.)
No, I don't think it was me who said that, but I wish I had!.. great point... brava to whoever posted it first & to you, Rocky, for repeating it...

hugs
Old 12-14-2010, 10:50 PM   #45  
Countdown To Amy

S/C/G: 186 / 204 / 145

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BermyGirl View Post
Good Morning All,

I had the funniest NSV yesterday. My 3 year old daughter was laying down on top of my chest and in horror pointed at my chest and said , "What's THAT Mommy???" "What?" I asked..."That thing right there??". She was absolutely horrified and I had no idea what she was talking about. This went on back and forth for a few minutes until finally she squeezed what she was talking about:- It was my collar bone!! Hahahaha! She's not used to seeing bones sticking out...it scared her.
On another note, are any of you getting critical comments from coworkers? Mine are acting concerned saying things like "You are dying to be thin" and so forth because of my IP lunches. What's funny is, when I used to have a bacon cheeseburger, fries, shake and a peice of cake for lunch and nobody said a word about me killing myself. Weird. Hopefully, this healthy eating rubs off on the office.

Have a lovely day all!
That's a great story about your daughter. I have had people express concern -- but then I tell them that my body is using its FAT for fuel and that I'm not losing ANY muscle. It's strange how my getting healthy can be intimidating and/or confusing to my others -- but it's just something they have to get used to.
Closed Thread