Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 02:48 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jency View Post
Can you post what you ate instead of your results.....sometimes that is easier to figure out what might be the culprit. Your fat intake seems a bit high as well....

**Carla** a few days ago you posted that we shouldn't be drinking the pom/cran every day. I've gained 4 lbs this week and could not figure out why?!?!?! When I read that I thought.. hmmm maybe this is the problem. I haven't had it in 3 days now and I've lost 5 lbs. So I think I will just stick to drinking it 2 days a week.
here you go:

Breakfast
IDEAL PROTEIN choc pudding

Lunch
Romaine Lettuce,
Cucumber, Sliced
Celery, Stalk

Snack 2
IDEAL PROTEIN chocolate drink

Dinner
Eggs, Hard Boiled 2 Serving(s)
Broccoli, Spears, Frozen, Boiled, Drained
Old 12-09-2010, 02:57 PM   #47  
Skinny girl in training

S/C/G: H 336 Start IP 292/236/170

Height: 5'10

Are you using salad dressing or Olive Oil? I can't see why what you have listed would be 88 g of fat?
Old 12-09-2010, 03:01 PM   #48  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
Good morning all and congrats on all the successes today! My total for today's food log is as follows. Please let me know if the numbers look ok:

Total calories = 568 protein = 77 fat = 14 carbs = 31

yesterday... with the peanut butter entered my stats were:

cal: 683 protein: 84 fat: 22 and carbs: 42.....I went .5 this morning... comments? anything you can offer for advice is greatly appreciated
568 calories per day is far too little. If you continue along this path you'll be in starvation mode (Google this) very quickly, start to retain fluids, and your whole system will hunker down to protect itself. The result? No weight loss and potential damage to your system. Couple that with too little protein and too many carbs and you totally defeat any potential benefits from the program. You can't be getting enough lean protein if your figures are accurate. But the method you're using to calculate what you eat probably isn't factoring in the vegetable protein. Still, aim for 95-100 grams per day.

Drinking too much water at once, i.e., 8 cups in a very short period of time, does you no good and can flush out necessary vitamins and minerals. The body can only absorb, at most, 12-16 ounces without needing a little down time before the next infusion. That, coupled with the dehydration from the caffeine in a large coffee, will leave you dehydrated in the long run. If you like tea, especially non caffeine herbal tea, that would be a much better choice than coffee.

You might want to set up your own spread sheet for calculating what you eat in one day to get a more sophisticated picture of what you're consuming. I measure every thing I eat in grams and use this site to calculate: http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/ If you track carefully for a couple of weeks you should get a good feel for what you can and can't eat.

In short, drink at least 1/2 ounce of water for every pound you weight. At your weight now I'd bump that up to about 100 ounces a day. Keep the real carbs (not carbs minus fiber) under 30 a day. Fat, counting 9 grams for 2 teaspoons of EVOO, vegetable fats, and the lean fat in protein, should come to about 18-20 a day. You have some control over this by choosing IP products that are low fat.

And finally, just between you and me, if I see the words peanut butter one more time, any place but in the OOPS! thread, I may start yanking out hair, but not my own. Hope this helps.
Old 12-09-2010, 03:03 PM   #49  

Quote:
Are you using salad dressing or Olive Oil? I can't see why what you have listed would be 88 g of fat?
no! that is the protein
Old 12-09-2010, 03:05 PM   #50  
WhoDatChick

S/C/G: 229/189.0/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Modified Protocol

I posted this as a thread and can't figure out how to delete it now. Still kinda new...sorry! I've read on the IP website that there is a modified protocol for Type 1 Diabetics, adolescents and children. Does anyone have information on this? THANKS!
Old 12-09-2010, 03:05 PM   #51  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Default Dr. Well's Vegetarian Thanksgiving Recipes

Thanks everyone for the kind words. They helped. And yes, Carla, have to go through the whole pet exam, etc. again but the apartment is still there, albeit unfurnished. Thank goodness for Cragslist. But picture a large, bare living room, with 12 foot ceilings and floor to ceiling windows, beautiful hardwood floors. I'll have a lovely exercise studio.

Post scriptus: I thought I'd just mention that I have absolutely no idea where the title for this post came from. I know I typed in "Thanks" as a title. Weird.

Last edited by Linden; 12-09-2010 at 03:53 PM.
Old 12-09-2010, 03:12 PM   #52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
568 calories per day is far too little. If you continue along this path you'll be in starvation mode (Google this) very quickly, start to retain fluids, and your whole system will hunker down to protect itself. The result? No weight loss and potential damage to your system. Couple that with too little protein and too many carbs and you totally defeat any potential benefits from the program. You can't be getting enough lean protein if your figures are accurate. But the method you're using to calculate what you eat probably isn't factoring in the vegetable protein. Still, aim for 95-100 grams per day.

Drinking too much water at once, i.e., 8 cups in a very short period of time, does you no good and can flush out necessary vitamins and minerals. The body can only absorb, at most, 12-16 ounces without needing a little down time before the next infusion. That, coupled with the dehydration from the caffeine in a large coffee, will leave you dehydrated in the long run. If you like tea, especially non caffeine herbal tea, that would be a much better choice than coffee.

You might want to set up your own spread sheet for calculating what you eat in one day to get a more sophisticated picture of what you're consuming. I measure every thing I eat in grams and use this site to calculate: http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/ If you track carefully for a couple of weeks you should get a good feel for what you can and can't eat.

In short, drink at least 1/2 ounce of water for every pound you weight. At your weight now I'd bump that up to about 100 ounces a day. Keep the real carbs (not carbs minus fiber) under 30 a day. Fat, counting 9 grams for 2 teaspoons of EVOO, vegetable fats, and the lean fat in protein, should come to about 18-20 a day. You have some control over this by choosing IP products that are low fat.

And finally, just between you and me, if I see the words peanut butter one more time, any place but in the OOPS! thread, I may start yanking out hair, but not my own. Hope this helps.

Just between you and me? LOLOLO okkk

but seriously... I will do 1/2 my water in the a.m then and the rest in the evening. I have a long bus ride home and wont take in any excess water before departure. And how do you UP the protein if they say 5 oz of beef etc but seafood is 7............ i can not add more.....to date, i have about a 9 lb average loss per month since august
Old 12-09-2010, 03:12 PM   #53  
Skinny girl in training

S/C/G: H 336 Start IP 292/236/170

Height: 5'10

Ok I guessed on measurements since you did not list how much you ate of each food. I'm showing you had 502 calories, 16 grams of fat, 69 grams of protein, 21 carbs and 778 mg of sodium. As Lindon said this is just not enough food. This is how much food you should be eating...

Breakfast

Lunch
Romaine Lettuce, 2 Cups
Cucumber, Sliced 1 Cup
Celery, Stalk 1 Cup

Snack 2

Dinner
Broccoli, Spears, Frozen, Boiled, Drained (2 Cups)

You should be having some sort of salad dressing using EVOO or Walden farms. I would also be adding a salad to your dinner. Do one cup of broccoli and have a salad with cucumbers, celery, radishes, zucchini.....

This should help with the hunger feelings you've been having as well. You can always have some veggies mid morning if your hungry too. Lettuce is unlimited so eat it at both meals.
Old 12-09-2010, 03:15 PM   #54  

Quote:
Ok I guessed on measurements since you did not list how much you ate of each food. I'm showing you had 502 calories, 16 grams of fat, 69 grams of protein, 21 carbs and 778 mg of sodium. As Lindon said this is just not enough food. This is how much food you should be eating...

Breakfast

Lunch
Romaine Lettuce, 2 Cups
Cucumber, Sliced 1 Cup
Celery, Stalk 1 Cup

Snack 2

Dinner
Broccoli, Spears, Frozen, Boiled, Drained (2 Cups)

You should be having some sort of salad dressing using EVOO or Walden farms. I would also be adding a salad to your dinner. Do one cup of broccoli and have a salad with cucumbers, celery, radishes, zucchini.....

This should help with the hunger feelings you've been having as well. You can always have some veggies mid morning if your hungry too. Lettuce is unlimited so eat it at both meals.
thank you for that... I will incorporate the extra lettuce and veggies for tomorrow....
Old 12-09-2010, 03:18 PM   #55  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
well how do you boost the calories? I noticed my cals are usually between 400 - 800... yes I was thinking that was low... but how the heck would you boost them? I mean there are only so many calories in lettuce and veggies right? then the IP products are not high either....
Simple. 2 eggs = 12.58 grams of protein. 136 grams of beef tenderloin cooked (filet) = 29.35 grams of protein.
Old 12-09-2010, 03:29 PM   #56  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Simple. 2 eggs = 12.58 grams of protein. 136 grams of beef tenderloin cooked (filet) = 29.35 grams of protein.
ok more seafood and lean beef etc... staying at the 5oz for beef and 7 for all seafood
Old 12-09-2010, 03:30 PM   #57  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaJS View Post
I have officially lost 21.5lbs and -10.25 inches in my first month on IP. Lost 4lbs this week AND it's TOM! Woo!!!!
That's as good as a Salesgod's post for producing a grin.
Old 12-09-2010, 03:32 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 261/ 210 /190

Height: 6ft

Hi everyone, how have your days been? I had a rough 'craving' day but thank God I rode it out. I am craving the IP cheese curls now though -I need to keep those on hand.
I tried the bars for the first time; peanut and the caramel chocolate. Is it me or are these bars way too sweet?? Which bars do you all prefer?
Old 12-09-2010, 03:38 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 207.4/193.3/150

Height: 5'4

Hello friends! Can someone please tell me why green beans are not allowed?
Old 12-09-2010, 03:38 PM   #60  
WhoDatChick

S/C/G: 229/189.0/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BermyGirl View Post
Hi everyone, how have your days been? I had a rough 'craving' day but thank God I rode it out. I am craving the IP cheese curls now though -I need to keep those on hand.
I tried the bars for the first time; peanut and the caramel chocolate. Is it me or are these bars way too sweet?? Which bars do you all prefer?
I really like the bars...my favorites are the Vanilla Peanut and Lemon Poppyseed. Oh and those IP cheese curls are addictive!!! I love them!!
Closed Thread