Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 10:08 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 156/145/130

Height: 5'7

I LOST 7 POUNDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So did my husband!!!! We had our first weigh in yesturday!!! I am still in shock!!!!! I was hoping for 4 or 5! My husband was about to give up, too-he's having a very hard time on this and even cheated with a cookie.....that little hussie! Now we are both SO stoked and motivated!!!!! Man, I hope this continues! I worry that next time it will be only 1 or2 pounds.....I know, I'm a total worry wort.
Feeling so thankful and PROUD that I haven't strayed from the protocol!!!
:c arrot:
Old 12-09-2010, 10:12 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 156/145/130

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
Good morning. Just a quick "pop-in" to say hi! I'm doing well and have maintained my lbs and fat lost. I do seem to be reshaping a little. It's probably time to stop talking about more exercise and start doing it.

Had an interesting NSV: I was away for a week in the Caribbean and did not get nearly as sunburnt as I normally would. In fact, I've actually got a more "healthy" colour than I've ever had in my adult life. In addition to the IP supplements during Phases 1-4, I added Vit. D3 gel caps. I think the increased sun tolerance was probably a combination of the D3 and the low- to lower-carb way I've been eating since early July.

Linden Hope your thyroid test goes well and that your pup and cat find it in themselves to be more, ummm, compliant?

salesgod Hope you don't mind flowers: again on your results. Your determination and commitment are inspiring. As is often the case, your account of the dinner was amusing and eye-opening! I have had a few situations where I've passed up off-program foods and eaten little or nothing until I could my hands on something on-program. Thanks for posting your experience at the dinner -- the reminder is always helpful.
"I'm svelting" BEST profile name EVER!!!!!
Old 12-09-2010, 10:15 AM   #18  
started IP 11/21/2010

S/C/G: 175/155/140

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by coqui71 View Post
I LOST 7 POUNDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So did my husband!!!! We had our first weigh in yesturday!!! I am still in shock!!!!! I was hoping for 4 or 5! My husband was about to give up, too-he's having a very hard time on this and even cheated with a cookie.....that little hussie! Now we are both SO stoked and motivated!!!!! Man, I hope this continues! I worry that next time it will be only 1 or2 pounds.....I know, I'm a total worry wort.
CONGRATS!

Great job!!! Keep it up!!!!
Old 12-09-2010, 10:16 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 248.6/215.6/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesgod View Post
And yes, kids, it's 13 lbs. remaining. Jumping to Phase 2 this weekend. Lunch is about to get a lot more interesting...

My wife is a music teacher and last night was the teachers' association Christmas dinner. You would all enjoy the looks I got from people at my table. They brought out a spinach salad covered with raspberries and slivered almonds, and an interesting looking raspberry dressing. I asked if I could get one without the dressing (figuring I could push the berries and nuts to the side). The server said she'd see what she could do. She returned a few minutes later, plopped another dressing coated salad in front of me, and said she couldn't help me. So I picked at it, finding three spinach leaves that were free of any dressing. I left the rest. My wife was told that the main course would be chicken, and I figured that might actually be a safe bet. When it was delivered, it was cordon bleu. Breaded, stuffed with ham and cheese, and coated with sauce. Sides were rice and carrots with broccoli. 3 tiny florets of broccoli to be exact. I ate those and asked the plopper (couldn't really say she knew how to wait tables) if, since "I wasn't feeling well" if she had a box I could use to take the meal home with me. I didn't lie to her. I wasn't feeling well. A sit down dinner with three leaves of spinach and 3 tiny broccoli bites didn't leave me feeling well at all!

Of course, the people seated at our table had very curious looks for me. I had nearly 150 lbs. of weight loss backing me up, so the thought of actually breaking down and indulging like everyone else was doing lasted only a fraction of a second. I'm not inclined to cheat anyway, and certainly not tempted by the culinary disaster placed in front of me last night. There are some meals that would truly have tested my willpower, but this was not one of them. I sat there and watched everyone fill their guts with mediocre food and pondered where I am and from whence I've come. It was an interesting moment.

The crowning moment of the evening came when the association president concluded the evening with a few remarks that had me laughing. She said, and I quote, "We've been well fed this evening. If you're leaving hungry, there's definitely something wrong with you."

I guess she's right. There is something wrong with me. I used to be fat guy with high blood pressure and marginal blood work. Now I look kinda normal and I feel pretty d*mn good. I'm seriously screwed up! I guess what's really wrong with me is that 1) I was disappointed that there was nothing served that would work for me -- which shows how screwed up "normal" really is, and 2) I didn't really want to eat what they put in front of me because I didn't find it appealing. Perhaps it's because I'm so close to my goal that cheating at this point just seems absurd. Perhaps the food snob that was always hiding inside me has become refined through the IP process. Either way, the salad I made for myself when I got home was much better than anything they served earlier in the evening. I didn't need to taste their food to know that.

Some of today's thread has focused on the temptations that others bring into the office or into our home kitchens. These temptations aren't going away. But there are a lot of things that smell much better than they taste (french fries come to mind), and I often take a moment to savor the aroma of the holiday foods that seem to be multiplying here at work. Better to eat with my eyes and nose than with mouth and stomach.
Salesgod - you're my hero!
Old 12-09-2010, 10:16 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules26 View Post
D3 is a spactacular supplement!!!! I take it as well!!! My skin has never looked better! it just glows!!!!!! Lovin it!

D3 rocks!!!
where do you get D3?
Old 12-09-2010, 10:26 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 212.5/173/137

Height: 5'7.5"

I had a weird reaction last week when I weighed in; it was a new person and she doesn't have very good people skills. Not to mention lack of knowledge. I reacted with a rebellious feeling, also with a feeling that I didn't want to go back to the clinic. It set up a struggle in me this week, and between that and the cold weather (cravings for warm fatty foods?) I have been wavering and warring within.

Anyway I woke up rather disturbed this morning, realizing that I was in a dangerous spot mentally. It's the first time since I started that I had this kind of feeling that I might jump off the deep end and give up on myself. And I really really really don't want to do that.

But it did take some mental processing and prayer to set myself straight. You know what tipped it in favor of myself? That Holiday Challenge! I may not want to go to the clinic (I will anyway) but I sure do want to get as far as I can in that challenge before December 22.

So once again this forum saves my butt (the one that's shrinking. Dave I hope you have not trademarked this phrase!). I really wonder how I would be doing if I didn't have the inspiration, advice, knowledge and support from all my fellow IPers on these pages.

Going through a weight loss program is not just a physical process, it's an emotional transformation, and dealing with all the "stuff" that comes up is as important as what we eat, because, at least for me, it will determine how I do once the Phases are completed and we are back in lifetime maintenance.

With gratitude to you all - Crystal
Old 12-09-2010, 10:36 AM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal88 View Post
I had a weird reaction last week when I weighed in; it was a new person and she doesn't have very good people skills. Not to mention lack of knowledge. I reacted with a rebellious feeling, also with a feeling that I didn't want to go back to the clinic. It set up a struggle in me this week, and between that and the cold weather (cravings for warm fatty foods?) I have been wavering and warring within.

Anyway I woke up rather disturbed this morning, realizing that I was in a dangerous spot mentally. It's the first time since I started that I had this kind of feeling that I might jump off the deep end and give up on myself. And I really really really don't want to do that.

But it did take some mental processing and prayer to set myself straight. You know what tipped it in favor of myself? That Holiday Challenge! I may not want to go to the clinic (I will anyway) but I sure do want to get as far as I can in that challenge before December 22.

So once again this forum saves my butt (the one that's shrinking. Dave I hope you have not trademarked this phrase!). I really wonder how I would be doing if I didn't have the inspiration, advice, knowledge and support from all my fellow IPers on these pages.

Going through a weight loss program is not just a physical process, it's an emotional transformation, and dealing with all the "stuff" that comes up is as important as what we eat, because, at least for me, it will determine how I do once the Phases are completed and we are back in lifetime maintenance.

GOOD FOR YOU !!!!!!!!! you fought those demons and won this battle
I am sure we each face different ones through our day. Keep up the amazing job you are doing... YOU ARE WORTH IT.....
Old 12-09-2010, 10:47 AM   #23  
started IP 11/21/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
where do you get D3?
Walmart or probably anywhere that sells vitamins/Supplements!
Old 12-09-2010, 11:09 AM   #24  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuts Mom View Post
Good morning All,
I have a sort of weird yet great thing happening to me right now. I have an allergy to iodine, my face breaks out like crazy. At near 40 after having no processed foods filled with salt, no fast food french fries etc, my face has finally cleared up!!. I am amazed because I had gotten rid of iodized salt in my house but didn't realize how much was in all the other food I was eating. Yay! Have a great day!!
Congrats! that is a NSV if I ever heard one. I love all the great unexpected things this plan has done for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coqui71 View Post
Congrats on the great weight losses. I did the program with my boyfriend too and it made it very easy to keep us both on track. Congrats and continued successes.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:19 AM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules26 View Post
BACK AWAY FROM THE PEANUT BUTTER!!! lol.

If i get hungry before lunch I normally make a cup of hot tea. I find that the warmth fills me up! MANY really good flavored IP friendly teas out there!

Have a great day!!!!!!
by the way..........the HOT coffee worked !!!!!!!!!! here it is now 11;18 am and I am almost to lunch hour AND NO PEANUT BUTTER...woo hooo just have to make it thru the afternoon now. I take the bus home...thus I cut right back on my liquids in the aft........then resume when home.... thanks for the advice
Old 12-09-2010, 11:34 AM   #26  
started IP 11/21/2010

Quote:
by the way..........the HOT coffee worked !!!!!!!!!! here it is now 11;18 am and I am almost to lunch hour AND NO PEANUT BUTTER...woo hooo just have to make it thru the afternoon now. I take the bus home...thus I cut right back on my liquids in the aft........then resume when home.... thanks for the advice
Glad it worked!!!!!
Old 12-09-2010, 11:55 AM   #27  
Started IP Sept 20, 2010

S/C/G: 160/123/125

Height: 5'3 Size 4!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal88 View Post

Oh, Crystal, I am glad that you will stick with IP!! It just works. Look at all the commotion going on around us (holiday foods, emotional eating, bad old habits) recognize it for what it is, breathe, and just do IP! Take the zen approach!! Notice all the stuff going on and just do this for yourself! I have been there with the emotional turmoil, and temptations and the not liking your coach thing........but I didn't want to give up on myself. And I am so glad that I didn't! I am getting a little nervous because I am close to my goal weight. But I am just plugging away because I feel so good. More energy, better sleeping, and just happier. Keep it up, Crystal. You are worth it.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:18 PM   #28  
Dave - The Speedo King

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibster View Post
Salesgod - you're my hero!
Why do I have the urge to watch Ferris Bueller's Day Off?
Old 12-09-2010, 12:27 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 183/141/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
i get to work super early...so eat my IP pudding at like 7am... now it is 941 and I am getting HUNGER pangs... drinking water like crazy to stay away from the peanut butter... almost 8 cups gone already.... stll a long time to go till lunch??? dont want to dip into my lunch veggies as then my lunch will be SMALL.........any advice to help me out ?????
It is perfectly acceptable to drink an extra packet at these times.....or even 1/2 a packet might be enough. If drinking is not enough, I have done that without apparent problems.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:34 PM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveling Stitcher View Post
It is perfectly acceptable to drink an extra packet at these times.....or even 1/2 a packet might be enough. If drinking is not enough, I have done that without apparent problems.
so like a pina colada or something? can it be a rtd shake?
Closed Thread