Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 01:33 PM   #46  
Started IP 11/16/2010

S/C/G: 223/181/125

Height: 5'2"

Aloha Kakahiaka (good morning) everyone!! I have my third WI tomorrow and I'm nervous and excited at the same time. It's like this every Monday. haha! Although I am having an easy time following the IP program, I feel I haven't lost anything this week. I am very strict to the diet but, for some reason, I just feel blah. It could be because my family was grinding on some ono food this week that I couldn't eat.

Old 12-06-2010, 01:46 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 156/145/130

Height: 5'7

Day 6 .
Actually, I'm doing much better. I still get quite hungry but not RAVENOUS. 3:30 to dinner time is still my hardest time of day. My BRAIN also seems to turn off at this point and I make lots of mistakes.

However....last night. 9 year old's Birthday party. Cookies, ice cream, Guacamole and chips, OH MY!!!! I DID NOT CHEAT. But OMG, it was TORTURE. And I thought labor was hard... I was actually feeling so physically uncomfortable. I kept trying to think of reasons to leave...but I didn't want to disappoint my little girl. I just can't get over how hard it was not to partake in the food. ICE CREAM is my fav food. Ben and Jerry are my boyfriends and my husband is ok with that. I guess it was like a small taste of what an addict goes thru and I can definitly feel more empathy. I mean, how addicted am I, then?!? Dang, it was SO bad.
On a positive note...It made me realize just how happy and satisfied I would be with just ONE cookie or just 3-4 chips and guac as opposed to just going hog wild. I can see were I could possibly learn a lot about simple gratification and better habits.
I am SO PROUD of myself for controlling the urge to nosh.
Another newbie here mentioned wanting to find themselves again. ME TOO. I will make this work.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:47 PM   #48  
Started IP 11/16/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcjohn View Post
What gives? I didn't lose any weight this week and over the past four weeks I've only lost 6 pounds. and every other week is like a stall.

Any advice would be appreciated. I'm not looking forward to my WI today and have my coach ask me if I've been cheating because I've been working way too hard. This past week I exercised 5 times @ 45 minutes on my elliptical and the lower Heart Rate so I can still burn fat. I feel good exercising and want to make it a habit. My coach isn't too keen on exercising and personally waiting until all the weight is gone first.
Aloha! I don't know about everyone else but, my coach told me not to exercise for the first 3 to 4 weeks. This is due to your body going through a major change and you might not be able to have enough energy. Also, if you exercise you will be losing fat but, possibly gaining weight in muscle.
I haven't exercised since I started (nov.16th, 2010) and I have lost about 15 lbs. My next WI is tomorrow and I can start cardio exercises as well (light cardio of course). I hope this helps a little bit. Good Luck!

Old 12-06-2010, 01:54 PM   #49  
Started IP 11/16/2010

Quote:
I have a beef!!

The new scale arrived at coach's office. It gives a bunch of info, BMI, water,weight etc...
So I am told it will cost $30 to weigh each time on it or $100 exclusive! I said I do not think so I will weigh on the "old" scale thank you very much.

Does anyone else get charged this amount after paying the huge sign up fee and pay through the nose for food and vitamins?

I feel this is a real kick in the toosh!
But maybe I am being sensitive.

My rant for the day!! GRRRRrrrrrr
Whoa! My coach doesn't charge me to WI at all. The scale they have in the office does the same as your new scale too. In my opinion, I don't feel that is right at all.

Old 12-06-2010, 02:04 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBG View Post
Good Morning Everyone! Hope you all had a great weekend and from the above posts it appears that's just what you all have done.

I am excited as my weight is now the lowest in about 10 years. I hope to hit the 160's decade before Christmas and maintain that until the New Year and then hit goal.

This program works even with all the challenges and esp the no fruit and wine. My daughter asked if it was really worth it as she was enjoying a glass of wine after supper at our place. grrrrr I wanted to tap dance on her head and yell....can't you see how worth it, it is?I havent' felt or looked this good in years.
i love it! "tap dance on her head"
I hear you. Yesterday was christmas tree hunting day. There is a group of about 12 of us that go every year. Up in the snow, big fire, wine, mimosa, peppermint schnapps & hot chocolate, cheese, crackers, summer sausage,........oh! and a Christmas tree! haha Almost everyone commented on how much thinner I look. Made it much easier to turn down the hot choc and schnapps!
I took cucumbers and onions in apple cider vinegar, grape seed oil and splenda. choc protein drink water etc. I did not drink enough water however, something about peeing every 30 mins in the wind and snow! bbrrrrrrr Does it every show this morning up 1 lb. So extra water today and down 2 lbs tomorrow!!
Old 12-06-2010, 02:09 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
It was very smart of you to plan to arrive full. We can't do anything about the slow service in a situation like this.

If it were me, I would have asked to have the small plate of fried goodies removed. Since it was a restaurant, I might have asked if they had any fresh cut celery or veggies or a small side salad - a plate of lettuce and cucumber or tomatoes on top would have been great which, they could bring instead. (it may not have happened but, I could always ask. If I explained I am unable to eat breaded things for health reasons, it might have helped too.)

I would have had my IP drinks, soy puffs(sour cream and onion or chocolate and often both are with me), or a bar. It would have been easy to nibble on the sour cream and onion puffs a few at a time while we kept waiting. If I felt I needed more, I might have asked for a bottle water, in the bottle, then wandered off to a hallway or lounge area to mix up a drink. With enough practice, you can drink a bit of the water and carefully pour the ip packet into the bottle, shake and serve!

Sometimes, just for situations like these, I have carried a ziploc bag of cut celery strips. I cut them small, almost bite size so I can more discretely sneak them into my mouth. I have also tried 1/2 rounds of cucumber, it doesn't hold up as well but works. Small cut broccoli and cauliflower florets work best and, in a situation like yours, should be pretty easy to sneak by.

Don't worry to much. That is probably one of the hardest situations there is. I had it happen once and because my coach was so rigid, didn't touch a thing. The dinner was changed and the menu was Mexican, I managed to eat some lettuce, tomato, and a bit of meat I pulled out of a chimichanga. It wasn't a pretty ride home. It was before I understood how the set banquets were so difficult and I wasn't allowed any of the restricted. I didn't have a packet with me and it was a huge mistake. I suffered instead.

Those kinds of moments make me realize what a horrible diet we eat as a society. It is so sad and unbelievable that it is difficult to find healthy foods or even be offered a healthy food choice.

I would just use this as a chance to learn and move on.

Sounds like you made some good choices. YES! I am always worried they aren't making my food correctly. I have actually had it made obviously wrong which, fueled my belief about the things I can't see!

SO sorry!! Sounds like a hard day! Wish I were there to lend a hand. How many days before you go?

Congratulations! That is wonderful you are back into your dress. Even sweeter is your husband saying "wow!" That is such a great reinforcement of our efforts.

Definitely take a bar or RTD. Always best to be prepared!

I liked the WF thousand Island, italian (just the normal red box one), and the honey dijon was a good marinade. I could do without the rest.

I found a neat trick, tip given to me by my sister, she had a breast pump and it came with all those narrow/tall bottles with screw on caps to hold pumped milk. Well, after she was done nursing she didn't know what to do with the bottles. She sterilized them and started using them to hold small portions of homemade dressing to take with her. (she has severe food allergies to lots of things, garlic being one of the items. Everything has garlic so, she carries her own dressing and eats a lot like us ALL the time. SKINNY little gal she is!) So, I got a few of the bottles from her and they work great!! They are nice and tight on the lids although, I still use a ziploc to guard against leaks. It works very well for taking a favorite homemade dressing with me anywhere! I know you can get the bottles on line and probably at some stores. There are likely to be a few other types of bottles or containers that work similarly.

That is great!! I found that I just had to get out there and live life on this diet. I needed to know that my "diet" wasn't restricting my life and the two were compatible. I am glad you found a way to enjoy the movies with your kids!

Plan ahead! read the travel thread and the restaurant thread for tips. Rocky gave you some great ones too!

SUSHI??? Did you mean the sashimi (raw meat pieces) or the actual sushi maki or nigiri or the stuffed rolls? If you meant anything other than the sashimi, you had rice and you had sugar. The terriyaki is also sweetened and has 2-3 carbs per tablespoon for the liquid sauce/marinade and much more for the thick terriyaki sauces.

In combination with the salt which, offered fluid retention, you have glucose and glycogen and added water in your system. Give it a couple days and things will level out.

You may adjust your goal whenever you like. You can take it up or down. Yes, many people have lost all they wanted to on phase 2. Phase 2 is just real food. It is still low fat/low carb.

I am unaware of any of that data existing. It was a creation of Jordanna's and she used fitday (linked to her profile) it is possible you could find it by looking at her food journal.

We don't have Tim Horton's but, if they serve coffee, and assuming you have one, take a ready to drink vanilla with you. You can use it to "cream" your coffee. It makes a great little treat and usually fills me up. I am surprised they don't have a simple salad.

Try taking a little vanilla creme sweet leaf liquid stevia and a ready to drink vanilla shake and add it to your coffee.. That tastes yummy too! I mix it in right where I am. I have done it so often at Starbucks, that they now steam the shake for me and add it to my coffee.

You should expect encouragement. You should expect them to talk about and review your food journal with you. You should expect them to ask how your are feeling, if you have health issues of any kind, or if your mental well being feels ok to you. You should see them asking about exercise are you, if so are you eating or If you stall, they should ask if you are moving enough and would you like to start to walk or do light exercise. You should feel this is a long distance friend and coach who is excited and interested in your success. They should ask if you are bored with the food. Do you need recipe suggestions? They should be involved and interested in supporting you. They are not just there to offer you food. My experience tells me the food of a similar nature can be had for much less in other places.

What makes this different is the food (yes), the grade/quality of protein, the structure of the diet, but, also, the education you should end up obtaining. You should understand when done how to keep your body lean. How to occasionally eat a high carb or high fat food and how to not pack the pounds back on. That comes from the communication and not just from the rules.

I am soo very sorry. What a horrible experience for your family. I am sure everyone is still in a bit of shock and grieving. My deepest sympathies to you and to them.

Someone once posted/suggested that the pharmacy in costco has potassium which, I BELIEVE, had 400mg of potassium. Do you have access to one of those?

You will continue to lose in phase 2. Eat as advised and watch your portions. You might see a slight bump up or hold as your body adjusts to the new food but, you will continue to lose.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for that very detailed sushi info!!!!!!!! I did NOT realize how bad I was being... I mean I was 'aware ' of the rice, but you really really helped me with all of that info. I wont give up this treat 100% but NOW I realize what really I am doing.
Old 12-06-2010, 02:23 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 248.6/215.6/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileylisa View Post
Hi Everyone!!

I have a beef!!

The new scale arrived at coach's office. It gives a bunch of info, BMI, water,weight etc...
So I am told it will cost $30 to weigh each time on it or $100 exclusive! I said I do not think so I will weigh on the "old" scale thank you very much.

Does anyone else get charged this amount after paying the huge sign up fee and pay through the nose for food and vitamins?

Wow! I can't believe they would charge you extra for using the new scale! I don't blame you for ranting. Heck, I have one of those scales at home, and it wasn't that expensive. At least you have a choice to use the old scale.

We are having a Christmas luncheon here a the office on Friday. They send an email last week asking us what type of pizza we want. ???? I replied, asking if they were also ordering salad, since I wouldn't be eating any pizza. Yes, they are, thank goodness. It amazes me that they are always sending us stuff about eating healthy, then they opt for pizza when there's any social occasion. Oh, well, I'm prepared, at least.

Have a good day, everyone. My next weigh-in is tomrrow night!
Old 12-06-2010, 02:45 PM   #53  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileylisa View Post
Hi Everyone!!

I have a beef!!

Yes, I have heard of that before. I know of a clinic that uses a bioimpedance analysis (BIA) and a special scale and they charge a 45.00 office visit each time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Sunshine View Post
Hi all,
I'm new to the forum but am so excited to see a forum on Ideal Protein. I'm a googler and found this site. I started IP on 9/27/10 and as of 11/30/10, I have lost 26 pounds! This diet is amazing! I worked out with a trainer for over a year and didn't see the results I am seeing now. I am so thankful to have found this diet. I also want to thank all of you for posting helpful ideas and supportive comments. This is a wonderful support system for me. My next WI is 12/8, so I'll keep you posted!

That is great loss! I can completely relate to the difference you see. I too had a trainer and could never lose. This was such a blessing!

Quote:
What gives? I didn't lose any weight this week and over the past four weeks I've only lost 6 pounds. and every other week is like a stall.

Any advice would be appreciated. I'm not looking forward to my WI today and have my coach ask me if I've been cheating because I've been working way too hard. This past week I exercised 5 times @ 45 minutes on my elliptical and the lower Heart Rate so I can still burn fat. I feel good exercising and want to make it a habit. My coach isn't too keen on exercising and personally waiting until all the weight is gone first.

Since I've been exercising I do have a restricted bar. The other things I've been more flex with in my eating is eating more veggie items during the week that are normally restricted to choosing 2 times a week. I figured since I'm getting cardio in I'm okay with brussel sprouts and green beans. But maybe not. The only other thing I can think of is also a serving of edamame this past week or maybe the addition of coffee this week. My weight stayed steady the entire week.

Suggestions? Should I cut out the restricted veggies and reduce in the bar? I don't want to take it totally out as it is what gets me through the day but I guess not worth it if I'm working out and not losing weight.
Exercise should be kept light for the first 3 weeks, walking is the preference.

Restricted bars can be used, on work out days, but in the first 2 to 3 weeks while you settle into the ketosis state and adjust, it is best to use no restricteds. Not required just better. Too much exercise will cause you to drop out of ketosis.

Green beans are and occasional food as are brussel sprouts. You can have no more than 2 cups total in a week.

Green edamame is not permitted it has too many carbs and not enough fiber. BLACK soy bean (edamame) is ok. Other soya are sometimes ok. Use it sparingly unless you are a vegetarian and it is one of your protein sources.

What other veggies are you using? Are you getting in your salads? What is in your salad?

How do you prep your coffee?

Are you drinking plenty of water? How much? The more you exercise and have coffee you will also need to add extra water.

If you can respond back, we may have a few more suggetions.

Also, it may just be your body. Some people lose in an up and down motion. On the other hand, from some of the things you say, I suspect you are losing on the days "in between" meaning you may not be deep enough into or staying in ketosis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryKate89 View Post
question--- do these vitamins effect my weight loss? make me loose quicker? I know they are providing nutrients I'm not recieving through changing my diet and food choices but just wondering what it does with the loss of pounds if anything?
They keep your body more balanced and less acidic. They help you to protect your heart, organs, and muscles so they don't waste away. They protect your bones from osteoporosis in the future. They help your nerves and sleep to some extent.

They do help you lose weight. Studies have shown that increased calcium helps people to lose more weight. Studies have also shown that increased protein robs the body of calcium. It is necessary for us to replace and increase our calcium on this plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatlocalgirlnomore View Post
Aloha Kakahiaka (good morning) everyone!! I have my third WI tomorrow and I'm nervous and excited at the same time. It's like this every Monday. haha! Although I am having an easy time following the IP program, I feel I haven't lost anything this week. I am very strict to the diet but, for some reason, I just feel blah. It could be because my family was grinding on some ono food this week that I couldn't eat.

Welcome back! Do you keep a food journal? Are you getting in 100 ounces of water a day? Maybe we could help you figure things out. I remember Linden had issues making this diet take off for her but, she stuck with it and things got rolling. Keep with it and you will see results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coqui71 View Post
Day 6 .
Actually, I'm doing much better. I still get quite hungry but not RAVENOUS. 3:30 to dinner time is still my hardest time of day. My BRAIN also seems to turn off at this point and I make lots of mistakes.

However....last night. 9 year old's Birthday party. Cookies, ice cream, Guacamole and chips, OH MY!!!! I DID NOT CHEAT. But OMG, it was TORTURE. And I thought labor was hard... I was actually feeling so physically uncomfortable. I kept trying to think of reasons to leave...but I didn't want to disappoint my little girl. I just can't get over how hard it was not to partake in the food. ICE CREAM is my fav food. Ben and Jerry are my boyfriends and my husband is ok with that. I guess it was like a small taste of what an addict goes thru and I can definitly feel more empathy. I mean, how addicted am I, then?!? Dang, it was SO bad.
On a positive note...It made me realize just how happy and satisfied I would be with just ONE cookie or just 3-4 chips and guac as opposed to just going hog wild. I can see were I could possibly learn a lot about simple gratification and better habits.
Another newbie here mentioned wanting to find themselves again. ME TOO. I will make this work.
BRAVO!! Congratulations on resisting the food. Yes, when we are "addicted" to food it is a real challenge. You don't realize how much like an addict you can be until you try something like this. Seriously, I know of a person who would hide in a bathroom to sneak cookies and stashed candy in her bedroom. (She was diabetic too so the combination was awful. Many trips to hospitals for the fall out.)

Keeping going with the plan. Eventually you will be more in control of the urges for the food!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
THANK YOU SO MUCH for that very detailed sushi info!!!!!!!! I did NOT realize how bad I was being... I mean I was 'aware ' of the rice, but you really really helped me with all of that info. I wont give up this treat 100% but NOW I realize what really I am doing.
Really, the rice is a complete "no". It is as carb packed and has the same impact on the pancreas as sugar. 1 cup of rice has 37g to 70g of carbs depending on type of rice and preparation method. We are supposed to have roughly 30-40g of carbs total in a day.

During this phase of the program you are trying to rest and reset the pancreas. Rice will not allow that to happen. I realize this is not an every day event. BUT, when you do it, you may as well have had a candy bar, bread, cup of ice cream or any other cheat food. It is a carb and although there are good and bad carbs, rice is not a carb we can have at this time.

We might have to look or, maybe Rocky knows, someone on here posted about making IP friendly sushi. It might be a way for you to enjoy it without the rice.

I never gave up sushi completely. I like sashimi so, I would order some steamed veggies, sashimi, a side salad no dressing just lemon, and have a few bites of edamame.

If you choose to do it, just realize the impact and the results to the weight loss that week will be the same as having an off program "splurge". It will slow you down and, be costly as you get back on track.

Last edited by showgirlaz; 12-06-2010 at 02:57 PM.
Old 12-06-2010, 02:53 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 150.4/137.4/125

Height: 5' 3.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by coqui71 View Post
Day 6 .

i agree about being addicted. i didn't realize at all how many empty calories i was consuming till i started the IP and food journal and had to write down everything that i ate. I was finishing up a lot of my kids meals/snacks and had no clue. i look forward to when we can eat what we'd like, in moderation and proving to myself that i don't need all the crap i thought i couldn't live without. Dove chocolate will be my temptation. But maybe after not eating anything with sugar - i square will be enough. congratulations on making it thru the nite.
Old 12-06-2010, 03:59 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 187/168.6/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatlocalgirlnomore View Post
Aloha! I don't know about everyone else but, my coach told me not to exercise for the first 3 to 4 weeks. This is due to your body going through a major change and you might not be able to have enough energy. Also, if you exercise you will be losing fat but, possibly gaining weight in muscle.
I haven't exercised since I started (nov.16th, 2010) and I have lost about 15 lbs. My next WI is tomorrow and I can start cardio exercises as well (light cardio of course). I hope this helps a little bit. Good Luck!

Thanks, I'm in my 11th week so I waited about a month before I started exercising. Hopefully I'll show in inches and muscle growth. It just feels so good to exercise on this diet and I wish the pounds would match up to so I get get through phase 1.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:02 PM   #56  
started IP 11/21/2010

S/C/G: 175/155/140

Height: 5'4

Hello all!

I am wondering if turkey Pepperoni can be used as a protein?
I wouldnt use it for all 5 ounces of of my protein, but possibly a small portion just for a snack mid-day??
I put the nutritional info below:

Turkey Pepperoni
Serving Size: 30g
Per Serving:
Calories: 70
Calories from Fat: 35
Total Fat: 4g
Saturated Fat: 1.5g
Cholesterol: 40mg
Sodium: 640mg
Total Carbohydrate: 0g
Dietary Fiber: 0g
Sugars: 0g
Protein: 9g

other then the large sodium content it doesnt look that bad......does it?

Last edited by jules26; 12-06-2010 at 04:03 PM. Reason: edit
Old 12-06-2010, 04:09 PM   #57  
Re-Start 8/6/2012

S/C/G: 202/152/155

Height: 5'7

Monday monday!! And I feel it! ugh. just so blah today. Oh well - I am planning a perfect IP week and even bought a few new veggies to try!

Does anyone know a good meatloaf recipe??
Old 12-06-2010, 04:09 PM   #58  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules26 View Post
Hello all!

I am wondering if turkey Pepperoni can be used as a protein?
I wouldnt use it for all 5 ounces of of my protein, but possibly a small portion just for a snack mid-day??
I put the nutritional info below:

Turkey Pepperoni
Serving Size: 30g
Per Serving:
Calories: 70
Calories from Fat: 35
Total Fat: 4g
Saturated Fat: 1.5g
Cholesterol: 40mg
Sodium: 640mg
Total Carbohydrate: 0g
Dietary Fiber: 0g
Sugars: 0g
Protein: 9g

other then the large sodium content it doesnt look that bad......does it?
My coach was relaxed about processed meat. It isn't just the sodium. Look at that fat content! Nearly 50% fat. That means your body will burn that fat before burning yours. Really, the sodium and nitrate/nitrites could be a bit sticky, you might retain water.

If you are in need of a bit of variety and can make this a VERY occasional use item using just a little to add some flavor to a salad or something, you should be ok. More than a little is a slippery slope.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:10 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 187/168.6/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post

Exercise should be kept light for the first 3 weeks, walking is the preference.

Restricted bars can be used, on work out days, but in the first 2 to 3 weeks while you settle into the ketosis state and adjust, it is best to use no restricteds. Not required just better. Too much exercise will cause you to drop out of ketosis.

Green beans are and occasional food as are brussel sprouts. You can have no more than 2 cups total in a week.

Green edamame is not permitted it has too many carbs and not enough fiber. BLACK soy bean (edamame) is ok. Other soya are sometimes ok. Use it sparingly unless you are a vegetarian and it is one of your protein sources.

What other veggies are you using? Are you getting in your salads? What is in your salad?

How do you prep your coffee?

Are you drinking plenty of water? How much? The more you exercise and have coffee you will also need to add extra water.

If you can respond back, we may have a few more suggetions.

Also, it may just be your body. Some people lose in an up and down motion. On the other hand, from some of the things you say, I suspect you are losing on the days "in between" meaning you may not be deep enough into or staying in ketosis.
Thanks for your response Carla.
I'm starting my 11th week. Heartbroken about edamame. I always tried to keep the amount low in what I was eaten on my work out days but I think that and the other higher carb veggies aren't keeping my in ketosis long enough. That does fit the pattern of my weightloss. During the week I usually don't budge on the scale and it's the weekends when I'm up much longer I finally start to see the scale move.

I've kept my veggies at 2 cups for meals but I think I'll cut out the restricted all together to see if that makes a difference and move down to 30 minute workouts.

I drink minimum 80 oz of water but most days I can get in my 100 oz. Last week I had 4oz of coffee with about 1 oz of milk and some Davinci raspberry syrup (i did use 1% milk most of the week)

How much black soybeans can I have a day with my meals 1/2 cup?

Well thank you for your responses. It just shows you how tough weightloss is. I'm eating within the diet but a few things can just throw everything off.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:25 PM   #60  

Quote:
Thanks for your response Carla.
I'm starting my 11th week. Heartbroken about edamame. I always tried to keep the amount low in what I was eaten on my work out days but I think that and the other higher carb veggies aren't keeping my in ketosis long enough. That does fit the pattern of my weightloss. During the week I usually don't budge on the scale and it's the weekends when I'm up much longer I finally start to see the scale move.

I've kept my veggies at 2 cups for meals but I think I'll cut out the restricted all together to see if that makes a difference and move down to 30 minute workouts.

I drink minimum 80 oz of water but most days I can get in my 100 oz. Last week I had 4oz of coffee with about 1 oz of milk and some Davinci raspberry syrup (i did use 1% milk most of the week)

How much black soybeans can I have a day with my meals 1/2 cup?

Well thank you for your responses. It just shows you how tough weightloss is. I'm eating within the diet but a few things can just throw everything off.

Congratulations on making it 11 weeks! That is wonderful!

The water in take is best around 100 oz. You need at least 80 but the more water you drink the more efficiently you burn fat.

The coffee and milk were just fine.

Continue to have the 2 cups of veggies at meals with salads but use less of the occasional veggies. They will slow you down if you get too many.

I know! Edamame is a great thing. Some people can do it without a problem, you might be able to have it one in awhile or in small portion added to a recipe or salad, or as a small snack. But, don't use it often or in large quantity.

The black soy beans are by eden organics, in a can, and can be ordered online or from health stores or markets that sell organics. I used 1/2cup sometimes a little more per meal. There is only 1 carb per serving and 7 g of insoluable fiber which we need. I use them to make a tomato free chilli with meat and in taco salads instead of black beans.

One of the biggest losers for women I have seen on this plan and board lost over 100 pounds in just about 5 months. She didn't use restricted foods and only a few occasional veggies. AND, she walked. Just walked. About 5 or 6 days a week 3 to 4 miles a day. It came of fairly steady for her. SO, don't discount the value of a good long walk.
Closed Thread