Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 12:12 PM   #31  
Kimi

S/C/G: 211.5/148.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning All,
Well I was able to sleep in a bit today which is so nice considering. I started doing something silly. For all you with the "5lb" little guys I stole your idea and took little stickers out of a calendar and for my 1st 5lbs put one in the bathroom, bedroom, kitchen and right on the tv. Just to remind me of how far I have come. Whenever I am in one of those rooms I get a quick reminder and it makes me smile.
Have a good day all.
(Carla, you are amazing. I don't know how you keep up with all us with our questions but I thank you)
Old 12-01-2010, 12:18 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 207.4/193.3/150

Height: 5'4

Please explain why aspertame is frowned upon. It is so hard to find the zero label. lol..Also what is the story on Worcestershire? Help.....

On a much brighter note, I had my first WI on Monday and lost 5.5 pounds... My friend lost 7 pounds. We are very happy with Ideal Protein, but still trying to find our footing. Any help is greatly appreciated. Our coach doesnt see us weekly, only at the first visit. So she cant or doesnt answer any questions. Everything I have learned has been on here. So thank you guys very much.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:06 PM   #33  

Day 50 - last week and this week barely moved the scale. Last week lost 0.8 lb this week lost 0.4lb - so frustrated. However, last week I had my period - and I know that makes a difference. This week - heck if I know. I'm on phase 1 of the program. Zumba'ing me bum off tho - for the exercise. Sure didn't want to do it this morning - but did it anyway. My daughter is home sick today - and she was giggling at some of my less than sexy moves. I can dance rap and hip hop - but not Latin - but that's ok - it's fun anyway - better than being bored on the treadmill!

Tammy
Old 12-01-2010, 01:10 PM   #34  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post
Carla, My 13 year old and I both have similar problems with our hands drying out and I also have arthritis in my fingers which just gets miserable in the cold. I just invested in one of those paraffin dips because last year I when I went to my salon and had them done I noticed it really helped. The hot wax seems to penetrate the skin and joints and just feels awesome. I figured it would be cheaper in the long run with two of us suffering to just make the purchase. I'll let you know if it's as good once I get it. Oh and the best lotion I found is Aveda's hand lotion. It's not too greasy but seems to penetrate the skin well--which reminds me, I need to go get some!
My hands have been drying out so bad too. I was going to get some plastic gloves and put lotion on and sleep with them on, but last night I forgot. That has helped in the past. My mom has a wax machine that I gave her for her arthritis, and I think I'll go use it too. I love that feeling after they come out.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:12 PM   #35  

The RTD drinks - are they available in Canada yet? My source where I get mine only has the packages - and since I love milk in my tea and am only allowed 2 oz in the a.m. (I don't measure out - so am pretty sure I use more than 2 oz - but it's the only way I can drink my tea - and forget coffee - I need International Delight Hazelnut for that - so it's not even on the menu!) - but I do put instant decaf in my chocolate drink in the morning for a cappachino - and then I want me decaf tea - but have to have milk - so if I can have a RTD vanilla or something like that to put in my tea....

Hey - can I make up a vanilla pudding and use that as an additive to my tea all day instead of drinking in one go????

Tammy
Old 12-01-2010, 01:13 PM   #36  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuts Mom View Post
Good Morning All,
Well I was able to sleep in a bit today which is so nice considering. I started doing something silly. For all you with the "5lb" little guys I stole your idea and took little stickers out of a calendar and for my 1st 5lbs put one in the bathroom, bedroom, kitchen and right on the tv. Just to remind me of how far I have come. Whenever I am in one of those rooms I get a quick reminder and it makes me smile.
Have a good day all.
(Carla, you are amazing. I don't know how you keep up with all us with our questions but I thank you)
Great idea!
Old 12-01-2010, 01:20 PM   #37  

Quote:
Originally Posted by diane49 I Had my 1st weigh-in last night..lost 8 lbs !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules26 I lost 9 pounds!!! I cannot believe it!!
Congrats to the both of you! My #'s have never been that high (2 weeks ago my highest loss was 4lbs - the other 3 weeks were 3ish and the last 2 - don't even want to talk about!). But my body fat % has dropped 3.6% and I've lost 39 3/4 inches - so the #'s are still moving down and that's what I need to look at and focus on :-)

Tammy
Old 12-01-2010, 01:26 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 162/132/130

Height: 5'3"

Just thought I would share my progress according to my Omron HBF514 scale:

11/3 153.6 lbs 12/01 145.4 lbs
11/3 27.2 BMI 12/01 25.8 BMI
11/3 41.0% BF 12/01 38.6% Body Fat
11/3 25.1% Muscle 12/01 25.9% Muscle
11/3 1383 RMI 12/01 1347 RMI
11/3 56 - age 12/01 53 - age (actual age 51)
11/3 9 Viseral fat 12/01 8 Viseral fat

Everything is moving in the right direction. Weight is coming off, BMI is going down, Body fat is going down, Muscle is going up, physical age is going down, and viseral fat is going down! What an amazing lifestyle!!!!!!

Last edited by rubyh; 12-01-2010 at 01:32 PM.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:32 PM   #39  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 221-3/4/152/160

Height: 5 ft 2 inches

Now I know I'm doing something right!!!! People are telling me that I'm getting too thin..lol I notice myself that I'm looking quite a bit more trim this week, but as I mentioned before, I didn't lose any weight last week...just inches...I've just started alternating days from swimming to treadmill/eliptical for 5 days/week. Up to this past week or so I was swimming just 2 days/week but decided to add the treadmill/eliptical (and now weights for upper body). It appears at this time, it may be what I need for toning. The only concern might be since muscle weighs more than fat, I might not get off those last 8 lbs or so I thought I might still lose (because I might gain some on maint?) Any thoughts on this quandry? I know there are people who have gone on phases 2-4 and not gained...but I'm wondering if I might not be one of them (yes, I'm a worrier at heart) Remember, all my other diets (and there have been many) failed when it came to maintaining. I need IP to be different...just as I am now.

Marilyn

Last edited by pumpkyparry; 12-01-2010 at 01:34 PM. Reason: spelling mistakes
Old 12-01-2010, 02:11 PM   #40  

Marilyn, just a couple of thoughts...

~~ Muscle really doesn't weigh more than fat, a pound is a pound is a pound is a... muscle is just more compact than fat, meaning it has a beautiful shape, whereas fat is just a shapeless blob...

~~ Muscles are fat-burning machines...

So, IMHO, you shouldn't worry about building muscle, you should be welcoming it... the scale should be slightly irrelevant at this point...

That said, you've done wonderfully, so do what you think is right...

hugs
Old 12-01-2010, 02:42 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 214/172.5/130

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugerray50 View Post
The RTD drinks - are they available in Canada yet? My source where I get mine only has the packages - and since I love milk in my tea and am only allowed 2 oz in the a.m. (I don't measure out - so am pretty sure I use more than 2 oz - but it's the only way I can drink my tea - and forget coffee - I need International Delight Hazelnut for that - so it's not even on the menu!) - but I do put instant decaf in my chocolate drink in the morning for a cappachino - and then I want me decaf tea - but have to have milk - so if I can have a RTD vanilla or something like that to put in my tea....

Hey - can I make up a vanilla pudding and use that as an additive to my tea all day instead of drinking in one go????

Tammy
Yes Tammy you should be able to get them, can you ask them to order some in? I know where I go he just got in the SW cheese curls and I know others had them sooner. I am so in love if you get a chance to try the cheese curls you will love them too. lol I just tried them and I called my coach to save me another box because he had only brought 6 in and I am the only one who has tried them so far sooo I got the jump start on the others teeeheeeeheeee.

Today is a good day!!
Old 12-01-2010, 02:58 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 180/180/130

Hello everyone!
It's a very cold day in Chicago with a few snowflakes. I started exercising last week so I'm not sure if the scale will show any weight loss on Saturday. Anyway I am very happy with my progress and adding exercise has given me more energy and flexibility. Now people are starting to notice, which is also nice.
Have a God blessed day and keep on loosing!!!

Ana

Last edited by Coqui; 12-01-2010 at 03:11 PM.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:11 PM   #43  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
Thanks for this... so it is ok to say eat alll my 2c of cucumber at home,,,THEN a restaurant style salad AND the beef? isn't that too much veggies? when is it too late to have my evening snak? I should be home by 930 or so.
Yes, it is ok to have all of the cucumber and the salad. You will get very little extra vegetable in the salad. Not enough to hurt you for one day/one meal. Just remember to use your own dressing (if you have something you can take or a small container you can make a vinegar or lemon/oil/herb mixture) or use oil and lemon on the salad. Most dressings will be too high in carb, contain sugars and msg which will cause you to retain water quickly.

You can have your late snack up to 1/2 hour before you go to bed. I am often up til midnight or 1am and frequently have a snack at 11p or 12a. I did this while in my most restricted phase and still lost 4 pounds a week the first 10 weeks.

Quote:
........and what does RTD vanille mean? 'rtd'???
ready to drink shakes

Quote:
thank you for that! and yes I have the shakes in my fridge THEY ARE AWESOME.... how late is late to snak each day?
the snack can be had up to 1/2 hour before going to bed. some coaches say 1hr before bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuts Mom View Post
Good Morning All,
Have a good day all.
I love that idea!! I might have to do something like that on my refrigerator!

And, you're welcome. I like having answers and if people want to ask, I would like to help with what I know or, what I hope/think I know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by okiegirl View Post
Please explain why aspertame is frowned upon. It is so hard to find the zero label. lol..Also what is the story on Worcestershire? Help.....

On a much brighter note, I had my first WI on Monday and lost 5.5 pounds... My friend lost 7 pounds. We are very happy with Ideal Protein, but still trying to find our footing. Any help is greatly appreciated. Our coach doesnt see us weekly, only at the first visit. So she cant or doesnt answer any questions. Everything I have learned has been on here. So thank you guys very much.
Aspartame is currently frowned on because there is a better sweetener that is believed to have less impact on the body and is less impactful to the pancreas. Aspartame was found to have some impact on diabetics, although not a lot, and it was found to not retrain the bodies desire for sweet just substitute for it.

The original program has gone through many variations and changes and, in one of those stages, the products were formulated with aspartame. When some countries allowed stevia, it was with stevia. Now, it is sucralose or sucralose blends because that is perceived to be best.

If you do research, several doctors have commented they don't like their patients using so much sucralose (there are several issues coming to light with this chemical) but, because not much is proven and, as one doctor says " we don't like humans to eat rat poison but, when the condition is right and the benefits short term out way the hazards short and long term then we do use warfarin. I believe the same is true for the use of sucralose if it helps someone correct obesity." So, now, we use sucralose. It helps us short term and has the best of the possible impacts.

If you occasionally were to use an aspartame product it will not effect ketosis, it will not change the ultimate outcomes. Several coaches have allowed a small use of this. Some are more rigid and true to the way the plan is today.

I can't believe your coach is unavailable!!! Both my coach and the other coaches I know were available 24/7!! I got many phone calls and text. I hope that changes for you! If not, feel free to jump on here and ask what you like. It may be a bit slower but won't take a week.

Quote:
Day 50 - last week and this week barely moved the scale. Last week lost 0.8 lb this week lost 0.4lb - so frustrated. However, last week I had my period - and I know that makes a difference. This week - heck if I know. I'm on phase 1 of the program. Zumba'ing me bum off tho - for the exercise. Sure didn't want to do it this morning - but did it anyway. My daughter is home sick today - and she was giggling at some of my less than sexy moves. I can dance rap and hip hop - but not Latin - but that's ok - it's fun anyway - better than being bored on the treadmill!

Tammy
Congratulations!! 50 days is real determination and dedication. At week 6 or so, people do have an occasional slow down. Just keep going, especially with your T.O.M. (time of month) the next week could look great!

Regarding zumba, are you having and extra packet a day or an extra portion (small) of protein on days you exercise? You should. Or make sure to use a restricted protein bar or item before the workout. You don't want to burn off any muscle. If you start over exceeding your amount of f uelyou can provide (real and via body fat) as a result of exercising your body will stall and then attempt to go into starvation for awhile. That could cause you to stall. ALSO, if you are working out well and as a result of the protein levels you start to build muscle, you could have some weeks where you are retaining water (fluid built from damaging and rebuilding muscle tissue) and building muscle at such a rate that you see the difference of the fat lost against that. Basically fat lost + water gain +muscle gain = -3 +1 +.2 = -1.8 You still lost 3 pounds of fat but it is hiding under all the rest of the information. Your body fat will have gone down and your inches may have gone down a little or a lot (depends on where you store water).

Quote:

Tammy
Yes, RTD are available in Canada. If you can't get them you may also order online from lindora, nashua, or contact another clinic. Explain you don't have them at your clinic but would be interested in getting some.

I am like you. I can tolerate tea without milk but prefer it that way. The shake somehow thins my tea a little too much sometimes but it is better than naught. I have to have a cream with coffee. Unless it is a Greek or Turkish coffee but those use sugar.

For my coffee I use a rtd shake and I use some english toffee or hazelnut stevia drops. You can get them at health stores and online by sweet leaf. YUMMY! Not sense of loss for me.

You can even steam the rtd shake if you have an espresso/cappucino maker at home and add it that way. It tastes great!

Yes, you may use a thinned out vanilla shake for the cream mixture. It is a bit different and you may or may not like it. I don't have a problem with it but I do notice it isn't as smooth at times.

Quote:
Congrats to the both of you! My #'s have never been that high (2 weeks ago my highest loss was 4lbs - the other 3 weeks were 3ish and the last 2 - don't even want to talk about!). But my body fat % has dropped 3.6% and I've lost 39 3/4 inches - so the #'s are still moving down and that's what I need to look at and focus on :-)

Tammy

Body fat an inches count! Your numbers may not be as high for many different reasons and that is ok. You are still having great success!

I once worried because my coach told me "I wasn't losing fast enough" After 70 pounds I was losing about 1 pound or 2 a week and my weekly average was just under 3pounds a week. Dr Tran assured my that was normal for as long as I had been on the plan, for as much as I had already lost, and for as little comparatively as I had left to go.

Don't worry if the numbers are "eye popping". Your inches are telling a beautiful story!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyh View Post
Just thought I would share my progress according to my Omron HBF514 scale:

11/3 153.6 lbs 12/01 145.4 lbs
11/3 27.2 BMI 12/01 25.8 BMI
11/3 41.0% BF 12/01 38.6% Body Fat
11/3 25.1% Muscle 12/01 25.9% Muscle
11/3 1383 RMI 12/01 1347 RMI
11/3 56 - age 12/01 53 - age (actual age 51)
11/3 9 Viseral fat 12/01 8 Viseral fat

Everything is moving in the right direction. Weight is coming off, BMI is going down, Body fat is going down, Muscle is going up, physical age is going down, and viseral fat is going down! What an amazing lifestyle!!!!!!
Congratulations!! That looks awesome! Isn't it amazing that we can turn back the clock too??
Old 12-01-2010, 03:20 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Default Good Wednesday To Everyone!!! Wow December Already!!

24 days until !!!!

Inspirational thought for the day: You're a one-of-a-kind gift to this space & time. You're the only one in the universe exactly like you!! Take care of that rare & remarkable soul!! You deserve it!

Went for lunch with 2 great friends, had a small chicken Cesare salad with my own dressing . Enjoyed the conversation and companionship!

Have a great IP Day!
Old 12-01-2010, 03:20 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 180/180/130

Carla,
Thanks for the information on aspartame and for all the great advice. I'd rather ask you question, than going to my coach. She sometimes doesn't have any answers for me, so I'm thinking about buying the food and get a good scale to track myself.
Closed Thread