Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 08:52 PM   #46  
Kimi

S/C/G: 211.5/148.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Default Yay!

My first weigh in today. Down 5.6 lbs unfortunately really sick. All I want is orange juice. Settling for hot tea and peach/mango drink.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:06 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 261/ 210 /190

Height: 6ft

Hi everyone,
I see everyone had a good day today! It's encouraging because to be honest, I cheat once a week. I am mad at myself because it is an expensive program, I know the science of it yet still I cannot say no to a piece of cake? I resolve to just do this thing properly! Somebody slap me!
On a better note, I have a little NSV. This weekend I managed to fit into my size 16 skinny jeans (I used to be a 14/16 and went up to a 20 in a matter of months!). My daughter's father was dropping her off to me in the car and as he was driving up I heard him say to her, "WOW look at Mommy!". hehehehe.
Oh so tonight I had a lovely desert. I had some lemon pudding with a couple of tbs of WF strawberry jam -delightful. But these IP's are starting to get really filling. I had to force it down! Lunchtime was the same with the mushroom soup. I was full before it was half eaten. Anyone else experience this weird full feeling over eating so little??
Old 11-29-2010, 09:32 PM   #48  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicmom734 View Post
Well, a huge NSV here today!

I baked 60 butter tarts, 4 dozen sugar cookies, 4 dozen ginger snaps, 2 nanaimo bars, 2 marshmallow PB slice, an Eatmore bar, 4 dozen chocolate haystacks, and some shortbread, and.........

I DIDN'T SAMPLE OR EAT NOT A ONE!!!!!!

In fact I was so busy, all of a sudden it was 4:00 and I realized, I had missed lunch and everything and I wasn't hungry even a bit. Just me and my oven and my water!!!!! HA HA HA HA!

Am happy to read all the wonderful NSV today!

I am having the "bad mood" phase. I have been ridiculously grouchy for about a week now. Extremely annoyed at everything and also very weepy. I usually only get like this when stressed with work, but there is no excuse as I have been off work for almost 2 weeks. I am back to work in the morning. Maybe that will improve my mood? LOL!

Have a great week!
WAY TO GO!!! You baking ladies out there AMAZE ME!!! I can bake cookies with the kids (when I'm feeling particularly strong willed), but to do that amount of baking and not sampling is awesome!!! WAY TO GO!

HUGS too....I kinda feel like I'm in a lull too - can't say what it is....I think I'm worried I'm plateauing - clothes moved alot of sizes and now nothing...and I just feel blah...and feel like cheating!! What's up with that? I'm well into week 6 now, and I'm totally committed to being healthy and losing the weight. My energy is okay, I'm just "blah".
Old 11-29-2010, 10:27 PM   #49  

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
I am so HAPPY for you!!! That must have been a real boost to your day!
Thanks, Carla... yes, it was a huge boost!.. just the oomph I needed to keep me on track through the holidays...

BTW, glad to see you back & posting a lot... you were really missed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Well! Wonderful. Wondered where you went. Obviously you've been living it up. (How do you like all those Ws?)
Thanks, Linden, I love all your Ws!.. &, yes, I have been living it up a little lately & loving it (thought I'd throw in some Ls).. it's so nice to have all this energy... my niece told me she likes the "new Sheshie".. I told her it's the real me, I don't know who that other person was!..

hugs
Old 11-29-2010, 10:40 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BermyGirl View Post
Hi everyone,
I see everyone had a good day today! It's encouraging because to be honest, I cheat once a week. I am mad at myself because it is an expensive program, I know the science of it yet still I cannot say no to a piece of cake? I resolve to just do this thing properly! Somebody slap me!
On a better note, I have a little NSV. This weekend I managed to fit into my size 16 skinny jeans (I used to be a 14/16 and went up to a 20 in a matter of months!). My daughter's father was dropping her off to me in the car and as he was driving up I heard him say to her, "WOW look at Mommy!". hehehehe.
Oh so tonight I had a lovely desert. I had some lemon pudding with a couple of tbs of WF strawberry jam -delightful. But these IP's are starting to get really filling. I had to force it down! Lunchtime was the same with the mushroom soup. I was full before it was half eaten. Anyone else experience this weird full feeling over eating so little??
I have definitely had to force feed myself especially when I'm having the soup. It does get really filling and then the thought of veggies and salad seems overwhelming at times. Other times I could eat a whole taco stand. Today I'm back to my quivering lower lip and chills. I think we go thru all kinds of rotating symptoms and reactions on this program as we go thru it. Anyone else?
Old 11-29-2010, 10:47 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 216/206/168

Height: 5'5

Im freezing sunnymae!!!! my boyfriend just told me he was sweating and I could have the blanket are you kidding me Ill take 2 blankets haha! I get very full! I've gotten into a habit of eating half my lunch than finishing it in an hour or so! and save have my raspberry jello today for my dessert tonite! yummy! Tomorrow is my first day back to class since I started IP over a week ago and I am ther all day usually i eat lunch out of the vending machine! I just packed my lunch and my bottles of water! this will be different not digging for quarters to get my standard lunch of doritos and oreo cookies haha
Old 11-29-2010, 10:54 PM   #52  

Default Weekly WI and trip to Paris coming up

OK...I lost 2.5 lbs at my WI tonite. I'll take it!!! As someone on this thread once said, better to have lost whatever it is, than to have gained it, even if it seems a little low for all the effort. But I'm plugging along and I'm going to keep going.
I am going to Paris for Christmas thru New Years to help take care of my elderly in-laws AND I have a photo shoot, so I'm hoping on 20 lbs total loss by then. Lord knows how I"m going to handle the land of croissants, butter and cheese, chased down by copious amounts of red wine.... But I gotta tell you. I got my husband some cheese to end his dinner with as we normally do...smelled it and almost gagged. I could not believe the reaction I had, when I've been known to just stick my spoon in some runny cheese and eat it non stop. This program is blowing my mind AND my taste buds.
So on second thought...I have a feeling Paris will be easier than I thought. This is a powerful group and I'm glad I'm part of it.
Thanks everyone. I could not do this without you.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:55 PM   #53  
Re-Start 8/6/2012

S/C/G: 202/152/155

Height: 5'7

I am in LOVE with PC Chai Tea. Which means its prob not good for me right?? The ingredients are: Darjeeling tea, spices (cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, star anise, cloves).

All legal? I cannot find any nutritional info on this!
Old 11-29-2010, 10:59 PM   #54  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryKate89 View Post
Im freezing sunnymae!!!! my boyfriend just told me he was sweating and I could have the blanket are you kidding me Ill take 2 blankets haha! I get very full! I've gotten into a habit of eating half my lunch than finishing it in an hour or so! and save have my raspberry jello today for my dessert tonite! yummy! Tomorrow is my first day back to class since I started IP over a week ago and I am ther all day usually i eat lunch out of the vending machine! I just packed my lunch and my bottles of water! this will be different not digging for quarters to get my standard lunch of doritos and oreo cookies haha
Congrats MaryKate and keep moving forward. You sound great Oh yeah...the chills, sometimes they're my best friend cuz they're inbetween my hot flashes LOL!!!!! But you look far from that by your photo. I've also had to break up the meals and eat some now and some later. I guess we have to do it whichever way we can get the food down comfortably. Thanks for posting
Old 11-29-2010, 11:03 PM   #55  
IP Success Story

S/C/G: 345.6 / 249 / 250

Height: 6 foot

Just back from WI and lost 8.6 lbs for a total of 25.8 lbs in 3 weeks and I feel great. I love Ideal Protein.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:07 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 216/206/168

Height: 5'5

Sunny--- I'm not near the flashes Im only 21 but my mom is having them currently and I went to my parents for thanksgiving her house was like antartica!! I wore my coat in the house haha
Old 11-29-2010, 11:09 PM   #57  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuts Mom View Post
My first weigh in today. Down 5.6 lbs unfortunately really sick. All I want is orange juice. Settling for hot tea and peach/mango drink.
So sorry you're under the weather Peanuts Mom...Hot tea and peach mango sounds good. Try grating some fresh ginger into your tea if you can get a hold of some, add some stevia and lemon. Not quite a toddy, but it'll warm you up. Even though you feel puny, congrats on a great WI
Old 11-29-2010, 11:10 PM   #58  
=^..^=

S/C/G: 169 / 169 / 140

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbrandt View Post
Hi everyone! I just have to praise the IP diet. I had a major NSV today. Visited my doctor for 3 month diabetes checkup. Have been diabetic for 24 years. My weight has gone down 19 lbs in 6 weeks, my blood pressure was 104/60 (almost too low and need to cut down on med), and best of all my A1C which measures how well in control my diabetes is dropped from 7.6 to 5.4. My doctor said she had never seen such a drop in such a short period of time. I am on my way to dropping 2 or 3 meds soon! Can't be happier. Thanks for letting me share.
let me join cmsgrrl in congratulating you, marbrandt! This is just the best news and so glad you shared it with us!
Old 11-29-2010, 11:12 PM   #59  

Quote:
Originally Posted by couts71 View Post
Just back from WI and lost 8.6 lbs for a total of 25.8 lbs in 3 weeks and I feel great. I love Ideal Protein.
Weigh to go couts71. We're all routing for you. You can do it!!!
Old 11-29-2010, 11:51 PM   #60  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
My niece told me she likes the "new Sheshie".. I told her it's the real me, I don't know who that other person was!..
The very best answer! It made me think, though. Even though people post their pictures here it's their intangible self that I think we remember and respond to. At least I do. And there are so many truly kind and thoughtful people here. I don't think of anyone, frankly, as being overweight. In many ways, it isn't an issue. It's what people are that counts.

Sorry. That sounds like a platitude. I don't mean it that way at all.
Closed Thread