Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 11:59 PM   #76  
=^..^=

S/C/G: 169 / 169 / 140

Height: 5' 4"

Glad you are here! And love your user name! Congrats on your first week progress - awesome job! (you, too,MaryKate!)

In the stickies, you'll find two different threads with all sorts of recipes for dinner/lunch and a few for breakfast (most of them are for phase 1). You will serve yourself well by spending time reading as many of the stickies as you have time. Glad you found the Daily (or Weekend) thread - another great place to hang out every day!

No, you don't have to use the soups. I made the mistake of getting the mushroom and chicken soup boxes at my first visit and I couldn't stand either, until I learned right here to make them with fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth (I use the College Inn brand; has 5 calories per cup). Also, I add one celery stick diced small and maybe a mushroom or two, diced fine. I use an immersion blender to blend the soup mix with the broth to make it as creamy as possible. Most on IP find they do get used to the packets and manage to find many that we really like, although the ones we like are different for all of us. I hope you got some packets that you like already! Some clinics will take back those you don't like, but some clinics won't if the box has been opened.

We are always glad to welcome "newbies" and you will find some of the most welcoming and encouraging folks here. In short, IP works if you follow the protocol, so get ready to continue your great results if you do that. Please stay and read and learn and ask questions. With the time zone differences, you may ask something later in the evening and perhaps fewer folks are reading, so don't be shy about asking again if you don't get an answer.

Last edited by the wonder cat; 11-29-2010 at 12:03 AM. Reason: to fix typos
Old 11-29-2010, 12:14 AM   #77  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatlocalgirlnomore View Post
Aloha! I joined IP on Nov, 16th and at my first WI, I lost 11.6 lbs. and 5" off of my total body. WOWZA! I know that that was only the first week and from here on out it might be 1-4 lbs. a week but, I was so happy. I am at the end of my second week and I can't wait to see what it will be. I have never been so excited to jump on a scale. aha!
Finally! Aloha and mahalo for joining us. It is SO great to have you here. And your first week's loss is one of the very best I've ever seen. What a way to begin. WELCOME.

I was so excited I forgot to tell you to bookmark http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/
and official join the forum. This URL will take you to all of the IP stickies (permanent locations) and threads. In the stickies you'll find 2 that are devoted to (hundreds of) recipes -- most of them for Phase 1. And do read the Tips for Newbies sticky. Lots of helpful and useful information. In fact read liberally as you get a chance.

Last edited by Linden; 11-29-2010 at 12:28 AM.
Old 11-29-2010, 01:00 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

Hi all! I've been away from the computer for awhile, and am just now trying to catch up with all of your posts. I had a good weekend -- staying with the IP principals this weekend was difficult, but I did the best I could. I feel like I'm up, but I haven't had a chance to weigh myself.

I'm leaving for a long work trip starting Tuesday -- tomorrow is a phase 1 day for me as recovery then going to do the best I can while I'm gone. I'll only be able to check in periodically, so good luck everyone.

Linden, I'm so sad you'll be posting less for awhile...we'll all miss you -- check in when you can!!

JC
Old 11-29-2010, 02:23 AM   #79  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

I hope everyone had a great weekend! Here is the link to tomorrow's daily chat!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ml#post3585740

Please multi quote and/or copy and paste any responses to this weekend's activity into the new monday thread.

Sheila (aka EatAntz) will close this thread formally sometime on Monday.
(I didn't open it so I can't close it.)
Closed Thread