Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 08:50 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 248.6/215.6/155

Height: 5'7"

I'm bummed because I had my first gain at my last weigh-in. Less than a pound (0.8), but still..... I'm not scratching my head about it, but I've found myself getting extremely bored with IP these last few days and I can't seem to get myself out of it. I hope today will be a perfect IP day.

Last edited by gibster; 11-28-2010 at 08:51 AM.
Old 11-28-2010, 09:21 AM   #47  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

With all this Miracle Noodle talk over the weekend. I just ordered some for mom and I. More options! I can't wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
I'm getting really excited..I put on a size large shirt today and large workout
pants...I went from 18/20 and 1x/2x to .... entering 14's and large..
I love Ideal Protein.... its easy to follow I am not making myself crazy...
I just do it..and drink my water and do some light exercising...
my favorite is the ball class...that is fun...
I need to go check out the zumba class
Congrats on the downsize in clothing. It is a wonderful feeling. You have identical height, starting weight as my mom and she is at the same point you are in loss. I'm soo proud of her and so happy to see her feeling better.

Zumba is wonderful. Please beware you burn on average 400-600 calories per hour so you really need a restricted item about 20 mins before hand and a RTD or something afterwards.

If anyone offers a Zumba Gold class in your area, this might be a better place to start if you are still on Phase 1. The calorie burn is more in the range of 200-350 calories per hour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreveryoung View Post
Have someone has heard about the SteviaDent Chewing Gum? I need some gum for my sweet cravings - my coach does not want gums at all and said to chew a clove.. I tried and it felt weird..
I have not heard of SteviaDent, but I have used Spry but now use Trident sweetened with Xylitol (since xylitol is an approved sweetener). Check the labels though, not all Trident is sweetened with just xylitol. Some of the "layered" flavors use xylitol and aspartame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
I just got back from WI and another 3 pounds are gone. This diet is just amazing! I have lost a total of 20 pounds in 5 weeks. Another good thing is that I have suffered for years from Fybromialgia and osteoarthritis. There were days that the pain was too much to handle. Since I started IP the pain has been more tolerable, but this past week that I started exercising , the pain is almost gone, my muscles feel more relaxed and I'm starting to get more flexibility in my joints.
YAY!!! Congrats on a great week and great progress your first 5 weeks. I can relate to the fybromialgia and osteoarthritis pain reduction along with fewer migraines and more mental stability and clarity than I've had in years. I suffer from PTSD and I swear my head was in a cloud half the time before starting IP. This eating protocol has been wonderful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaarin View Post
Hi everybody!
I've had a really busy couple of weeks, so have just spent the morning catching up on my reading here. to all the newbies! You've come to the best place for encouragement and inspiration!
to everyone who made it through Thanksgiving unscathed!!!
And, finally, to all the wonderful victories!
The last two weekends set me back a little. But I am not feeling negative or down on myself either. I had two fabulous weekends. Both were events that do not happen often - our annual conference and a visit with friends in the US (plus first time to Vegas!). Though I didn't lose weight, I really didn't gain anything either. I made much better/smarter choices with my meals etc. And, even though I did enjoy a few glasses of wine here and there, , it was the first time since I can remember that I never had a drink on the plane (I'm a little nervous flying). It gives me great confidence for the future - after IP - that I can maintain my weight.
Welcome back, Kaarin! I wouldn't call maintaining your weight after the last 2 weeks you've had a set back. I think that is awesome and great encouragement that IP is retraining our heads and bodies on how to eat and maintain. Congrats on a fabulous 2 weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemary2612 View Post
I am only 1 pound from my milestone of 160. I have not been below that weight since 1973 and I was 21. I was getting a little discouraged for a while. My weight lose had slowed to 2 pounds a week for a month (one week I didn't lose anything) and all of a sudden it has taken off again. Last week I lost 5 pounds and this week I lost 4 pounds. I can't wait to get into the 150's, a place I can hardly remember. When I was 21 my husband bought me a long black, very sexy, velvet dress. I have saved it for 38 years and I took it to the dry cleaners Wednesday. I am going to be in that dress before the winter is over. I weighed 125 when I wore that dress and I am going to again. I will take a picture in it when I reach my goal.

I wish there was some magic way to incorporate exercise into my lifestyle. I have lost 15.5 inches from my waist with very little exercise, but I really need to do something because my skin is hanging on my arms, thighs, belly.

I love IP's plan. I love knowing that it keeps me safe from the crippling disease of my diabetes. When I first started I was on two different insulins and another medication, all injectible. I was taking 7-9 shots a day, plus testing 5 times a day. I don't take any right now. Sometimes my bloodsugar is a little high, but it comes right back down. Fibromyalgia is gone, arthritis is gone, down from 2 blood pressure pills to one per day, and I feel terrific. I have bursts of energy every few days and I love that. Some days I am tired and just go to work and come home. I love that I use to wear a size 24 and now I wear a 10.

I just felt like talking and since not many people are on the boards today, I thought it would be ok. Thanks if you read through this whole thing (and I have not been drinking ).
Rosemary, Congrats on your awesome and inspiring progress. Please never hesitate to talk even with the forum is really busy. It feels good to share and brag once in awhile with people who really understand how great the feelings are about weight loss.

I can't wait to see your pictures in your black dress. I'm sure you'll be stunning. Also, please don't sweat the small losses. They are still giving you progress. Almost every one of my weekly losses has been under 2 lb. I didn't have as much to lose as some, but I needed to lose all the same (and my body is so much happier for it).

Congrats again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
At the moment? Cleaning the kitchen or, most likely, turning on my hip (rather than walking straight forward). Usually I can walk it out, or wait it out, but earlier this month I had to be sent to Oahu to get two cortisone shots. And I can't stop cleaning because I need to get the house in order to show it to rent by Monday. Not looking forward to the 37 hour trip (with 12 hours of layovers) to Berlin in two weeks. Kind of envy the animals and their being able to lie down during the trip.
I don't envy you having to make such a long trip with sciatic pain. I was travelling around the world often after my bad car accident in '98. It was really tough managing the pain and drain on my body that these long flights caused. The more I moved around the better I felt, but they seem to keep getting stricter and stricter on flights about moving around in the cabin. Best of luck to you.
Old 11-28-2010, 09:29 AM   #48  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal88 View Post
I did read the whole thing! Thanks for sharing your story and your victories -it's very inspirational!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristin135 View Post
Rosemary thank you so much for posting this. I have fallen off the wagon and was on here looking for inspiration. Your post has done just that!

I am pre diabetic and that was my motivating factor for going on IP. I have had quite a bit of success but fell off a month ago and cannot get back on track.

Thank you for posting this today I am going to print it out and keep it with me for inspiration
Quote:
Originally Posted by amylew View Post
Rosemary, your story is very inspiring.
Thanks - I couldn't do this without the support and encouragement you guys give me. Sometimes I feel like I repeat myself too much, but I never know if there is someone out there who needs the motivation for themselves. Pay it forward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibster View Post
I'm bummed because I had my first gain at my last weigh-in. Less than a pound (0.8), but still..... I'm not scratching my head about it, but I've found myself getting extremely bored with IP these last few days and I can't seem to get myself out of it. I hope today will be a perfect IP day.
I have had no lose or a slight gain many times in the past 7 months. It never lasts and I usually make up for it later on with a bigger lose than usual. Your meals may need to be shaken up a little. Move 2 cups of your veggies (stir fry) to breakfast and add the omelot packet. You can substitute 1/2 c of egg whites or scramblers. Adjust your protein and meals to end up with the same amount of food you would have. Sometimes we have to shake it up.

Last edited by rosemary2612; 11-28-2010 at 09:31 AM.
Old 11-28-2010, 09:39 AM   #49  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default Miracle Noodles

For those wanting to try the Miracle Noodles or needing to restock:

15% off Miracle Noodles with the coupon code of BF15. Good through Nov. 29th.

At the end of placing your order it will ask if you want to tell friends about it for a free cookbook. You must enter 3 email addresses to qualify.

Last edited by EatAnts; 11-28-2010 at 09:45 AM.
Old 11-28-2010, 10:15 AM   #50  
SoonToBeTheThinGirl

S/C/G: 291.8/208/135 be4IP(start1/10)

Height: 208/182.8/135 IP (start 10/15/10), height: 5'4.25"

Default Possibly TMI in 4th paragraph

Good morning all! Just wanted to say what an inspiration the stories about the SVs and NSVs are--good job!

Also, I posted this in the FAQ thread, but figured I'd put it here too since that thread might not be visited as often:

This is about my 6th week in on this program, and I am just so tired all the time. Even if I get a full 8+ hours of sleep. Has anyone else experienced this? Also, I noticed the other morning, when I flex my foot, it's almost a chore--as if my muscles are feeling weaker or something--I'm kind of freaked out. I'm going to ask my coach when I weigh in on Friday if this is common or not around the week 5ish-6ish area (since I was tired previous to this week).

Also, I'm on birth control because my periods were insane (been on it for about 8 years now, no problems), but during this fatigue/muscles-feeling-weaker time, I've kind of had spotting (which has never happened unless traveling/forgot pill/or unbelievably stressed--right now none of those things are occurring). Has this happened to anyone else? I feel like it's messing up my hormones and causing me to not lose normally.

I'm wondering if maybe I should get blood work done to make sure things are OK since I've been on this diet that has caused my body to change so much. I have a yearly physical coming up at the end of January, but I wonder if that's too late. I wish our IP centers could do more to monitor our bodies since this is such a big change to our bodies other than using a simple Biggest Loser scale from a regular store to measure water/muscle %.

Maybe I'm overreacting, but I just want to feel awake/energized again, and actually want to exercise, and not be worried that something's happening to my muscles, and actually lose weight since I am eating according to program.

Any input on any of these things/others' experiences is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by Rachie404; 11-28-2010 at 10:44 AM.
Old 11-28-2010, 10:34 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 160/IP 155/146/118

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
I am only 1 pound from my milestone of 160. I have not been below that weight since 1973 and I was 21. I was getting a little discouraged for a while. My weight lose had slowed to 2 pounds a week for a month (one week I didn't lose anything) and all of a sudden it has taken off again. Last week I lost 5 pounds and this week I lost 4 pounds. I can't wait to get into the 150's, a place I can hardly remember. When I was 21 my husband bought me a long black, very sexy, velvet dress. I have saved it for 38 years and I took it to the dry cleaners Wednesday. I am going to be in that dress before the winter is over. I weighed 125 when I wore that dress and I am going to again. I will take a picture in it when I reach my goal.

I wish there was some magic way to incorporate exercise into my lifestyle. I have lost 15.5 inches from my waist with very little exercise, but I really need to do something because my skin is hanging on my arms, thighs, belly.

I love IP's plan. I love knowing that it keeps me safe from the crippling disease of my diabetes. When I first started I was on two different insulins and another medication, all injectible. I was taking 7-9 shots a day, plus testing 5 times a day. I don't take any right now. Sometimes my bloodsugar is a little high, but it comes right back down. Fibromyalgia is gone, arthritis is gone, down from 2 blood pressure pills to one per day, and I feel terrific. I have bursts of energy every few days and I love that. Some days I am tired and just go to work and come home. I love that I use to wear a size 24 and now I wear a 10.

I just felt like talking and since not many people are on the boards today, I thought it would be ok. Thanks if you read through this whole thing (and I have not been drinking ).
Your motivation & determination is inspiring. Crow on! Thanks,
Jane
Old 11-28-2010, 11:17 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachie404 View Post
Good morning all! Just wanted to say what an inspiration the stories about the SVs and NSVs are--good job!

Also, I posted this in the FAQ thread, but figured I'd put it here too since that thread might not be visited as often:

This is about my 6th week in on this program, and I am just so tired all the time. Even if I get a full 8+ hours of sleep. Has anyone else experienced this? Also, I noticed the other morning, when I flex my foot, it's almost a chore--as if my muscles are feeling weaker or something--I'm kind of freaked out. I'm going to ask my coach when I weigh in on Friday if this is common or not around the week 5ish-6ish area (since I was tired previous to this week).

Also, I'm on birth control because my periods were insane (been on it for about 8 years now, no problems), but during this fatigue/muscles-feeling-weaker time, I've kind of had spotting (which has never happened unless traveling/forgot pill/or unbelievably stressed--right now none of those things are occurring). Has this happened to anyone else? I feel like it's messing up my hormones and causing me to not lose normally.

I'm wondering if maybe I should get blood work done to make sure things are OK since I've been on this diet that has caused my body to change so much. I have a yearly physical coming up at the end of January, but I wonder if that's too late. I wish our IP centers could do more to monitor our bodies since this is such a big change to our bodies other than using a simple Biggest Loser scale from a regular store to measure water/muscle %.

Maybe I'm overreacting, but I just want to feel awake/energized again, and actually want to exercise, and not be worried that something's happening to my muscles, and actually lose weight since I am eating according to program.

Any input on any of these things/others' experiences is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Your periods will fluctuate drastically on this diet. I bled for all of the first 7 weeks except for 3 days in the middle. It has finally stopped last Wednesday. It is warned that this protocol messes with your hormones, so do not rely on your BC for the only method of preventing pregnancy! There have been a few pregnancies due to the pill not working while on IP. My coach stressed that it is very important to use other methods of BC if you are not wanting to conceive!

As far as being tired, I have good days and bad days. As long as you are following protocol and not over exercising, you shouldn't be losing muscle.

HTH
Old 11-28-2010, 12:00 PM   #53  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

Quote:

The IP plan works differently with each individual person. I started this plan April 20th and did not feel a burst of energy until July. I did have some surgery in June and that may have delayed the energy, but I certainly didn't get it on the 4th or 5th day like some people do.

Are you taking your Potassium, Magnesium, and 2 multi vitamins? That makes a big difference with me and my weight lose. My doctor did blood levels on me before I started IP. I understand that we are to repeat them every three months. I would probably go in and see the doc and maybe it will ease your mind about this way of life. People will try to convince you that it is not good for you, but I have been on it for 7 months and I am fine. It works if you work it.
Old 11-28-2010, 12:06 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

I so loving reading your posts Rosemary! You truly are such an inspiration. I can't wait to see a picture of you in your dress!!!
It also gives me such encouragement about my arthritis. My right hip has been bad for a few years, but better since IP. I am looking forward to even more improvement so that it doesn't slow me down when gardening season comes again in the spring.
About the exercise thing, I hear you there. I am VERY excited as I bought a treadmill yesterday - big sale at Canadian Tire. My job today is to rearrange the furniture in the basement and get it set up and start using it RIGHT AWAY! I can hardly wait to start into an exercise routine.

Quote:
At the moment? Cleaning the kitchen or, most likely, turning on my hip (rather than walking straight forward). Usually I can walk it out, or wait it out, but earlier this month I had to be sent to Oahu to get two cortisone shots. And I can't stop cleaning because I need to get the house in order to show it to rent by Monday. Not looking forward to the 37 hour trip (with 12 hours of layovers) to Berlin in two weeks. Kind of envy the animals and their being able to lie down during the trip.
I hope you'll be able to relax soon, Linden. Long flights are the worst. Are you any good at sleeping on planes? Do you have one of those neck pillows? At least being smaller will give you more room in your seat!!!
I will echo the others saying that I sure hope we won't be without your company here for long!
Old 11-28-2010, 12:30 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 207.4/193.3/150

Height: 5'4

I am new and have lots of questions. I have already learned a lot from reading this blog, but I have more.

1. Can someone tell me what the allowed sugar replacements are?
2. I noticed that some coaches allow diet drinks and some dont, I
would like for someone to tell me what the reasons might be.
3. How often do you suggest weighing at home or should we not weigh at
home?
Thank you all in advance, I have learn more from reading this forum than from my coach.
Old 11-28-2010, 01:04 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatAnts View Post
For those using alternative products:

New Lifestyles has the RTD drinks 25% off with the coupon code: RTD These are identical to IP. The coupon is good through Nov. 29th.

New Lifestyles also has a save $35 on a $200 purchase good through Nov. 30th using coupon code: Nov2010

Unfortunately, the coupons cannot be combined.

They do however offer free shipping on orders over $200. 4 cases of 24 RTDs with the RTD coupon works out to be 202.50 with free shipping. They have a 1 year shelf life.
How do the New Lifestyles RTD's compare in taste to IP? Am curious before I order!
all opinions are welcomed
Old 11-28-2010, 01:21 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

Well at 146 I am 6 lbs from my original goal..........not enough. So I changed my goal weight to 135. When I first started IP my coach asked how much I wanted to lose. I did not have an answer because my goal is a pair of jean in my closet not a number on the scale so I just said, "140" I was at 135 6 years ago and that was perfect. I was not sure, 6 years later, if 135 was too skinny for me. Now that I am at 146 I know 11 more lbs will not be too thin but where I want to be. So I debated whether to make my first goal of 140 then add the additional 5 lbs or just what to do.
I woke up this morning and decided that reaching my goal of 140 would be a hallow victory when in my mind I know that I really want to be at 135.
Wish me luck!
Old 11-28-2010, 01:46 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 245.6/193.4/180.0 IP 10/17/10

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyvrod View Post
Wish me luck!
I wish you luck with your new goal of 135. I can't imagine you not getting "there"!
Old 11-28-2010, 01:54 PM   #59  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
I just got back from WI and another 3 pounds are gone. This diet is just amazing! I have lost a total of 20 pounds in 5 weeks. Another good thing is that I have suffered for years from Fybromialgia and osteoarthritis. There were days that the pain was too much to handle. Since I started IP the pain has been more tolerable, but this past week that I started exercising , the pain is almost gone, my muscles feel more relaxed and I'm starting to get more flexibility in my joints.
This forum has also been inspirational, so thanks to all of you who contribute with your words of encouragement and good advise. God bless you all. Have a wonderful weekend!
Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you to see the good weight loss and for the improving health. This diet really is amazing the way it improves health and pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaarin View Post
Hi everybody!
I've had a really busy couple of weeks, so have just spent the morning catching up on my reading here. to all the newbies! You've come to the best place for encouragement and inspiration!
to everyone who made it through Thanksgiving unscathed!!!
Though I didn't lose weight, I really didn't gain anything either. I made much better/smarter choices with my meals etc. ... It gives me great confidence for the future - after IP - that I can maintain my weight.
But, I'm back on the wagon again and determined to meet my goal for the Christmas Challenge! I'm off to buy and treadmill today and it will NOT turn into a clothes rack!!!
WELCOME BACK!! I am so glad you enjoyed the holidays and MAINTAINED! That is a wonderful accomplishment.

Quote:
I am only 1 pound from my milestone of 160. .... I was getting a little discouraged for a while. My weight lose had slowed to 2 pounds a week for a month (one week I didn't lose anything) and all of a sudden it has taken off again. Last week I lost 5 pounds and this week I lost 4 pounds. I can't wait to get into the 150's, a place I can hardly remember.

.... I really need to do something because my skin is hanging on my arms, thighs, belly.

I am so happy for you! You really have shown great dedication and commitment to reaching your goals! I can't wait to see your pictures. Won't your husband's face be priceless when he sees that dress on you again!

Like you, I slowed down in my weightloss around the 6th month. 1 -2 pounds were very normal weight losses. UNLIKE you, I took a break. I had too many side effects and felt less than great. I only hope now that I am back on track to see the results you got by staying with it. Kudos to your tenacity!

It is so WONDERFUL that you are seeing such great health improvement. That alone would make this diet worth doing, imho.

As for the arms and exercise, not sure what to say. For me exercise is work and takes another commitment. I know that doing tricep exercises should help the arms a fair amount. Some have liked using the "shake weight" advertised on tv, avail on ebay, and available in many stores. I have been seeing some results just doing basic exercises I found online and through my trainer.

Quote:
I can't believe it is almost time for you to leave!! WOW, time sure has flown by. I hope everything goes great for you and the pets. It will odd not seeing you posting at your usual times. How long will you be in Germany? I know you said, I just have a foggy brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreveryoung View Post
Have someone has heard about the SteviaDent Chewing Gum? I need some gum for my sweet cravings - my coach does not want gums at all and said to chew a clove.. I tried and it felt weird..
I use a spray "breath tonic" that is with cinnamon, clove, peppermint, and some other oil. It tastes very good and lasts quite awhile. I bought it at whole foods but it can be found in health foods and in several online locations. I like it. http://herb-pharm.com/catalog/breathtonic-p-324.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by losingitbaby View Post
Hi everybody Just took my beginning pics and hopped on the scale before mixing up my shake. Since there are no ideal protein coaches in my area, I'm going to be using Dr. Tran Tien guidelines and subsituting with protein shakes as close as possble to IP (so I hope no one minds if I join in on the discussion...)

Thanks ahead of time for all support and encouragement!!!
As long as you are doing the alternate approach, you might consider the coupons listed friday and today for NashuaNutrition.com and newlifestylediet.com. It may seem like a lot to put out at once but, if your budget can manage it, the newlifestyle shakes deal that Sheila mentions is great! It is basically a one month supply of 3 shakes a day for 202.50. That is far less that other places. Also the nashuanutrition.com site will give you several other options for jello, pudding, drinks, smoothies, eggs, and restricted use items like chili, spaghetti, bars, hot cereal, and snack items.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristin135 View Post

I am pre diabetic and that was my motivating factor for going on IP. I have had quite a bit of success but fell off a month ago and cannot get back on track.

Thank you for posting this today I am going to print it out and keep it with me for inspiration
Definitely keep going with this! SO many people have seen their blood sugar and insulin levels improve. Many of the posters here can confirm or have confirmed what Rosemary shares, this diet does help you get control of diabetic conditions without medicine or allows you to use MUCH less. Several with pre-diabetes see it disappear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatAnts View Post
For those using alternative products:

New Lifestyles has the RTD drinks 25% off with the coupon code: RTD These are identical to IP. The coupon is good through Nov. 29th.

New Lifestyles also has a save $35 on a $200 purchase good through Nov. 30th using coupon code: Nov2010

Unfortunately, the coupons cannot be combined.

They do however offer free shipping on orders over $200. 4 cases of 24 RTDs with the RTD coupon works out to be 202.50 with free shipping. They have a 1 year shelf life.
Thanks!! That is a great deal on RTD. I remember CW, she lost 100 pounds in 5 months and she mostly used 3 rtd vanilla per day and walked 3 miles at least 5 days a week right from the start. Anyone who can stand the same thing all day, every day, Well, this deal gives them a month of drinks for 202.50. That is a steal!

Quote:

Sorry things are a little different for you. I was a someone who experienced a lot of the side effects of the diet.

Regarding menstruation, if you are stress effected then you will be very likely to have issues. YOU ARE UNDER STRESS. It is a positive stress and it is one you mentally may not recognize but, your body is aware that it is being disciplined to function differently. It is stressed by the diet and by the rapid weight loss. It is also stressed by the rapid changes. Blood pressure changes, hormone changes, different fluid levels and energy sources are all being effected.

You definitely should see the doctor sooner if you find your side effects disturbing. You should have your blood pressure and thyroid checked along with your electrolytes and kidneys.

Blood pressure changes, especially to low, can make you very tired. I never felt the energy burst others experience BUT, my blood pressure is very low.

If your body is low in the thyroid department you would be tired and you should find out.

I started to feel different around week 4. I was MISERABLE... I truly mean it, from week 11 to 16. I felt so emotional, angry, rational in the mind and irrational in actions and words. I had to just be quiet and alone and not talk to anyone. Any little thing seems to set me off and I was HUNGRY. I had no energy, bad side effects (my mouth was sore, gums receded, hair loss started, skin was cracked and bleeding, nauseous, headaches, tired, constipation, ringing in ears, horrible menstrual pain and irregularity) and, felt like I was starving. I didn't crave anything. I just wanted more food, more protein, another drink packet would have been great! And, then, one day it all disappeared and I felt good again.

Each of us experiences this diet in a unique way. Some experience it in a common way and others less common or truly rare (like me, I hope). If you are one of the uncommon, I think keeping an eye on your own health and blood work is important. I saw my general doctor every 3 weeks for blood work. I knew that I was changing fast and I needed to know I was healthy. No matter who I agreed to have coach me or what they said, in the end, I am responsible for me health. I believe we each are and, as a result, each of us should rely on our doctors when something feels wrong.

I stayed healthy despite my unusual side effects. I lost 84 pounds in 6 months. It felt very hard at times but, it was worth it. I took a break and am now back on plan. I don't have a date in mind to finish, I barely lose a pound a week. I am hoping for a great drop someday! In any case whenever I finish losing the last 35 pounds is fine by me. I am just happy to be going down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okiegirl View Post
I am new and have lots of questions. I have already learned a lot from reading this blog, but I have more.

1. Can someone tell me what the allowed sugar replacements are?
2. I noticed that some coaches allow diet drinks and some dont, I
would like for someone to tell me what the reasons might be.
3. How often do you suggest weighing at home or should we not weigh at
home?
Thank you all in advance, I have learn more from reading this forum than from my coach.

1 - allowed sweeteners are stevia, and sucralose (splenda), and some say xylitol. only a few coaches are ok with aspartame. The general attitude is aspartame is bad and doesn't help enough. It won't necessarily slow you down but is not generally accepted on this plan.

2- Diet drinks are a NO. There are coaches that take the attitude of "if not having one would be a deal breaker than have one." The feel the greater benefits of losing are more important. That IS NOT that attitude of the program.

The program asks us to not have diet soda because it rapidly acidifies our system and part of this plan is to manage the acidic level of our body. The phosphoric acid in the soda will leach the necessary calcium/potassium/magnesium from our body and it interferes in our weight loss.

Many people drink the soda and forget to drink the water. We will not lose weight well without water.

So, will it slow you down. NO, not one or an occasional few even. Will it makes this diet less effective? Possibly. It is really a judgement call you and your coach need to make.
Old 11-28-2010, 01:58 PM   #60  
on IP since 10/4/10

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyvrod View Post
Well at 146 I am 6 lbs from my original goal..........not enough. So I changed my goal weight to 135. When I first started IP my coach asked how much I wanted to lose. I did not have an answer because my goal is a pair of jean in my closet not a number on the scale so I just said, "140" I was at 135 6 years ago and that was perfect. I was not sure, 6 years later, if 135 was too skinny for me. Now that I am at 146 I know 11 more lbs will not be too thin but where I want to be. So I debated whether to make my first goal of 140 then add the additional 5 lbs or just what to do.
I woke up this morning and decided that reaching my goal of 140 would be a hallow victory when in my mind I know that I really want to be at 135.
Wish me luck!
I'm kinda having a similar debate with myself as well... going to drop the remaining 10 lbs to my original goal of 165... have vacation 2nd week in January to the Dominican Republic... then am thinking I will start back on phase 1 when I get back to lose another 10 lbs to get to 155... I've lost 25 so far, and it just seems like I could probably do better than 165 and still not look "too thin" but rather healthy. We'll see! How cool though is it that we're close to our original goals in the first place???!!!
Closed Thread