Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 04:35 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 212.5/173/137

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davallie622 View Post
Hello,
My boyfriend and I have been on the IP diet for 1 week now. We finally decided to make the big change together. It's been really tough and I guess I'm searching for some encouragment. I'm 18 years old and David is 20, and we are so tired of being over 300lbs. The first week of the diet I lost 8lbs so I'm at 292lbs now. David was 311lbs and is now at 305lbs. I've never made it past week 2 of a diet, so I am a little nervous. I joined this site because everyone on here has gone through this or is still pushing through. I guess i just hope to find a new home on this site, to go to when things get tough.
Welcome! You two are making a good choice to start this now when you are young and have many decades of healthy living ahead of you. This program is much easier to succeed with than most others, and I have certainly found this site to be most helpful whenever challenges have arisen.

We are glad to have you here. It'll be fun to see you progress and begin to enjoy your newfound success!
Old 11-26-2010, 04:40 PM   #32  
Im not going to quit!

Height: 5'1

Thank you everyone for welcoming us. Im going to make it a goal to be a part of this site everyday!
Old 11-26-2010, 04:59 PM   #33  
on IP since 10/4/10

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Hello,
My boyfriend and I have been on the IP diet for 1 week now. We finally decided to make the big change together. It's been really tough and I guess I'm searching for some encouragment. I'm 18 years old and David is 20, and we are so tired of being over 300lbs. The first week of the diet I lost 8lbs so I'm at 292lbs now. David was 311lbs and is now at 305lbs. I've never made it past week 2 of a diet, so I am a little nervous. I joined this site because everyone on here has gone through this or is still pushing through. I guess i just hope to find a new home on this site, to go to when things get tough.
Welcome! I've found this site to be super helpful and encouraging! You guys can do it!
Old 11-26-2010, 05:03 PM   #34  
on IP since 10/4/10

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'9"

Ok, so I went to visit with my weight loss coach today and got some fun news

-down 22 lbs in 7.5 weeks
-have lost 23 3/4 inches
-bmi went from 29.9 to 26.7
-body fat went from 45.2 to 41.1
-skeletal muscle increased from 23.9 to 25.4
-body age went from 45 to 38

How fun are those results??? Lol, even though I am 26 and the results say I'm in the body of a 38 year old... that sure beats the 45 year old body I had 2 months ago, right?!?! Can you imagine what my results are going to be at when I lose my last bit of weight? LOVE this diet!
Old 11-26-2010, 05:05 PM   #35  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyh View Post
Evidently having emergency surgery and being totally dependent on people to do things for you can cause depression and agrivation. Not sure what the problem is, but I've been nothing short of a witch for the last 3 days. Hoping to overcome this soon. I have 2 weeks of no heavy lifting, no exercise. Thanks for listening......
Don"t you hate it when that happens? - because it happens to a lot of us at one time or another. Anesthesia can mess with your head, stress from the surgery itself, and rubyh - we are humans and we get grouchy. When you start to heal and can do your regular routines, you will start to feel better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachie404 View Post
Hello all! Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving yesterday (for those of you who celebrate it!). I'm glad to hear of all of the success stories with staying on plan yesterday...I myself had 5 oz. turkey with 2 cups of mashed turnips and was very satisfied. I almost got worried because the turnips were so sweet (nothing on them though) and had to re-look at my paper to make sure they are under the "allowable vegetables" list. It was the first time I've had them without their usual counterpart--carrots.

It was pretty difficult watching everyone eat their desserts, but I just had a cup of tea, and chewed on some Trident Cinnamon gum. I find that I have a lot of cravings still (since we can't really eat many things on this), but that I am able to say "no" to them now since I am not hopped up on sugar (whereas before I wouldn't be able to resist because of the sugar addiction).

I'm kind of bummed lately because I think I've hit a plateau. I do everything according to plan, and even limit my restricted items to once in a while, and yet I don't seem to be losing. I had my TOM about 2 weeks ago, so I don't think that's related at all--I do find myself not being able to go to the bathroom regularly though, so maybe I'll try IP's recommendation of Citrate of Magnesia .. has anyone else tried this?

Have a good day!
Unfortunately I use it everyday. I drink 2T every day just to stay normal. I am use to being regular and feel better when I am.
Old 11-26-2010, 05:47 PM   #36  
Love

S/C/G: 287.3/228.3/160 restartApr25

Height: 5'5"

I spent a lovely 2 1/2 hours at the spa... Got my nails done, got a pedi, waxed my eyebrows.... I feel awesome! I came home and had a nice warm bowl of IP spaghetti and some pickled asparagus. Yummy.
I think I'll have a nice hot cup of tea.... I'm chilly today! Even though it's above freezing here I'm cold everywhere!
I'm really looking forward to dinner. Our little pseudo- Thanksgiving meal sounds so good!
Old 11-26-2010, 07:24 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 216/206/168

Height: 5'5

I DID IT I DID IT I DID IT!!! I had a huge salad for dinner and some turkey, and lots and lots of water. I saved my raspberry jello from lunch and had it for my dessert instead! I'm so proud of myself but its TOM sooo 2nd week on IP may be a slacker in the weight loss!
Old 11-26-2010, 08:42 PM   #38  
CBG

S/C/G: 196/163/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Thank you everyone for welcoming us. Im going to make it a goal to be a part of this site everyday!
Welcome..you have come to a great and very supportive place. I don't post everyday but I do lurk and do a lot of reading. This forum helps keep you on track, share your struggles and successes and make new friends.
Old 11-26-2010, 09:03 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 180/180/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmsgrrl View Post
Do you chew much gum? My coach has told me that the sweetener in the gum could be throwing you out of ketosis.
My coach told me the same about the sugar free gum. I haven't found one in stores with 0 carbs, but I found some mints at Walgreens next to the tic-tacs that are 0 cals and 0 carbs. They are called Great Bite Mints.They have helped me a lot when I crave sweets and don't interfere with ketosis.
Old 11-26-2010, 10:03 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 261/ 210 /190

Height: 6ft

Hi everyone,
So thanksgiving dinner last night...
I got weird looks from the family as my plate was full of turkey, salad and collard greens! Lol and to top it off, I pulled my WF dressing out of my purse! The looks I got. In the end, everyone was taking home doggie bags of leftover brownies and mac-n-cheese. I took home the salad!
I'm so proud I didn't crumble last night!
Old 11-26-2010, 10:05 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 207.4/193.3/150

Height: 5'4

Im new to IP and unsure of some of the terms.
1. What is TOM?
2. If I am not hungry, do I still have to eat the IP meals?

Thank you!
Old 11-26-2010, 10:09 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by okiegirl View Post
Im new to IP and unsure of some of the terms.
1. What is TOM?
2. If I am not hungry, do I still have to eat the IP meals?

Thank you!
TOM - Time of month (menstrual period)

There are some definitions of some of the abbreviations on the first post of each daily thread!

Yes, you must always have your IP meals, a skip is considered a cheat.

Welcome to our little chat, you will find a wealth of knowledge and a lot of amazing people on here! A lot of inspiration, and help!
Old 11-26-2010, 11:14 PM   #43  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5'7"

Hello everyone! I've been pretty busy the last few days but I've been catching up on the reading and it looks like all our American friends had a great Thanksgiving!(no matter what your meal plan was) I hope everyone also survived the malls today!

to all the new people who have joined this forum. You'll find so much helpful information here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachie404 View Post
It was pretty difficult watching everyone eat their desserts, but I just had a cup of tea, and chewed on some Trident Cinnamon gum. I find that I have a lot of cravings still (since we can't really eat many things on this), but that I am able to say "no" to them now since I am not hopped up on sugar (whereas before I wouldn't be able to resist because of the sugar addiction).

I'm kind of bummed lately because I think I've hit a plateau. I do everything according to plan, and even limit my restricted items to once in a while, and yet I don't seem to be losing. I had my TOM about 2 weeks ago, so I don't think that's related at all--I do find myself not being able to go to the bathroom regularly though, so maybe I'll try IP's recommendation of Citrate of Magnesia .. has anyone else tried this?

Have a good day!
I have also been told to have no gum. A bit of a challenge at first because I was a constant gum chewer. Dill pickles are a great way to cut cravings and my coach told me I can have as many as I want. I have never tried Citrate of Magnesia but I have also never had the big "C". My coach recommended I take Vitamin C every day and that has definitely helped me.

NSV- For those of you who remember my rant about the lack of feedback from the people around me...I finally got a truckload of compliments! I was called in to work with some people I have not seen since September (45lbs ago!) and not only did everyone notice the weight loss but they were very vocal in compliments and wanting to know what I've done. This happened to fall on the same day that I had planned to bring up my weight loss with a few friends(?) They told me that they thought I was losing weight but didn't want to say anything. It felt fantastic to have so many people acknowledge my efforts and tell me I looked great!
Old 11-27-2010, 12:25 AM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryKate89 View Post
I DID IT I DID IT I DID IT!!! I had a huge salad for dinner and some turkey, and lots and lots of water. I saved my raspberry jello from lunch and had it for my dessert instead! I'm so proud of myself but its TOM sooo 2nd week on IP may be a slacker in the weight loss!
My TOM was also my 2nd week, and I lost 8 pounds! One pound more than the first week even! You can do it. Great job for resisting yesterday!! The results will be well worth it.
Old 11-27-2010, 12:31 AM   #45  

Great Job BermyGirl! At least you got to look at them funny when they were holding their tummy's after they'd eaten way too much, right?
MamaDancer, Awesome! So glad you had compliments, I finally after 26 pounds had one from my neighbor, then her mom, but who knows if she noticed, or just heard from her daughter about me and that's why she said something. ?? It still feels good to be acknowleged.
Have a great night all!
Closed Thread