Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 10:16 PM   #46  
on IP since 10/4/10

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkyparry View Post
I'm going for my weekly weigh in now... my heart is not in it. I lost my 9 year old chihuahua on Wednesday and have been grieving the loss so much that I feel like my life has unraveled....tried not to mention it here but feel like some of you would understand my loss..

Marilyn
aw, you poor thing! lots of hugs sent your way! don't know what I would do without my two little Poms
Old 11-19-2010, 11:42 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaJS View Post
I need some help please.
I tried the search function but it is just taking way too long to find what I need.

I'd like to have salmon for supper. With Soya Sauce. Now, the soya sauce I have is low sodium, but it has 1g of sugar per tbsp. What do you guys use? I know it says on the sheet we can have soya sauce, but is the 1g of sugar okay??
Thanks in advance.
I use Tamari sauce instead of soy sauce. Very few soy sauces are made with soy. Most are made with wheat.
Old 11-20-2010, 12:04 AM   #48  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
RockyMonarch & PetiteandCute I responded to you ladies this morning on yesterday's thread. Thank you for the butt kicking!
I have read your response to RockyMonarch's and my post directed to you. I hope she has read it too. In fact it would be a good idea if everyone would go back and read it. Tears came to my eyes as I read it. It takes a big lady to respond like you did. (I don't mean a fat lady.) I was able to get some insight to the type of person that you really are. I am proud of you, I know you will reach your weight goal and in fact any other goals you set. I am proud to call you friend. Accountably starts with ourselves and then can be extented out to others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
I saw this in a tweet this morning - it seemed very appropriate for my feelings yesterday and the responses I got! :-)

"Honest feedback should not be easy to hear. You should have to take it in, chew on it a while, & really let it simmer to get full benefit."
Of all days you saw this tweet today. Thanks for sharing it. Judy
Old 11-20-2010, 12:26 AM   #49  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petiteandcute View Post
Of all days you saw this tweet today. Thanks for sharing it. Judy
I know, ironic right? I felt like God was talking to me. Well, yelling at me. :-) Thank you for your kind words and encouragement. You are truly a sister chick!

Jess
Old 11-20-2010, 12:37 AM   #50  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
I'm going for my weekly weigh in now... my heart is not in it. I lost my 9 year old chihuahua on Wednesday and have been grieving the loss so much that I feel like my life has unraveled....tried not to mention it here but feel like some of you would understand my loss..

Marilyn
I'm so sorry for your loss Marilyn. I lost my 19 yo poodle/chihuahua this past summer and really understand how devastating it is to lose that member of your family and not have others around you realize how much it hurts. I'm glad you mentioned it here as there seem to be a lot of pet lovers here to offer comfort.

Last edited by Mamadancer; 11-20-2010 at 01:32 AM.
Old 11-20-2010, 12:39 AM   #51  
IP started Nov 2010

S/C/G: 219/171/140 IP 186 started

Height: 5' 2"

Surgery went well and my grandson is doing good. I managed to not cheat but have you ever noticed hospital foods are not diet friendly. The only thing I could do was order a plain hamburger and just not eat the bun and a salad.
Paula
Old 11-20-2010, 12:46 AM   #52  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by petiteandcute View Post
I have read your response to RockyMonarch's and my post directed to you. I hope she has read it too. In fact it would be a good idea if everyone would go back and read it. Tears came to my eyes as I read it. It takes a big lady to respond like you did. (I don't mean a fat lady.) I was able to get some insight to the type of person that you really are. I am proud of you, I know you will reach your weight goal and in fact any other goals you set. I am proud to call you friend. Accountably starts with ourselves and then can be extented out to others. Judy
I did, and could not agree more on all fronts!. this forum is so important no matter what phase you are in (1-4) because we are all able to offer support when we are feeling strong, and to ask for comfort or kicks in the butt when we are not. so honored to have met all of you!
Old 11-20-2010, 01:17 AM   #53  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Talking about being cold! I have been very cold at times and I live in Alabama. I do live in north Alabama, but our cold weather is not here yet. I have worn gloves in the grocery store, I do shop the colder areas of the store, meat and veggies. I am not complaining, I love my thinner body!
I hope everyone has a great thanksgiving and eat some turkey! Judy
Old 11-20-2010, 07:45 AM   #54  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJackson View Post
I'm hoping that I don't totally blow it on Thanksgiving.

I already know that I will have a couple of bites of mashed potatoes and a couple of bits of the sweet potatoes. I LOVE stuffing, but, I only love mine. Since I'm going to a relative's house the stuffing will be easy to avoid. I'm taking an appetizer and a side dish.

When I think about all of the food that is offered at our usual family functions, I feel pretty good knowing that I can avoid 95+% of what's going to be offered throughout the day/evening.

A bigger challenge for me will be the week after Thanksgiving. I will be on vacation visiting my son and his family who live in another state (a 3 yo grandson and a new 2 month old grandson that I can't wait to meet) I'm really thinking about shipping some supplies out to them for me, since I don't want to risk the airlines confiscating it. We are going to be busy, so I'm hoping I can still do well.
Sometimes without knowing it we can set ourselves up for failure. People sabotage them selves on any type of diet by becoming comfortable with the diet and planning small cheats here and there thinking that it is not going to mess with their ability to control what is going on with the food. I have done this so many times. on other plans I have given my self permission to eat a small bowl of ice cream and when that is done, I want a little more. Before I know it I am telling myself that I can start over tomorrow, but when tomorrow comes it is way more difficult to get back on track. Don't waste time with a spoonful of mash potatoes and sweet potatoes. Keep moving on - it is not worth the taste. You are a wonderful women and deserve the respect that you pay yourself by fullfilling the commitment that you have made to your self. Keep on working at it - it is worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njajcjmomma View Post
The side effect of being COLD is taking its toll.... I am freezing all of the time! Today for the 3rd time this week I am wearing my coat at my desk. It's 73ish degrees in the office. That should be plenty warm. And I try not to drink to much tea and warm water just doesnt cut it. I am going on lunch to buy some gloves to cut the fingers off of to wear while I type :-) And last night I slept in a tank top, long sleeve shirt, hoodie, pants, socks and 2 heavy blankets... I used to sleep in shorts and a tank! This is NUTS!

Sorry there's my vent for the day lol.
I know what you are talking about. I am cold all of the time. I actually can control the heat in my office, but I still get cold. I sleep without clothes because I like to be able to turn over without the encumbrance, so I added an extra Down comforter on top of the other comforters and blankets. I am hoping that we adjust to the temperatures after we are at our goal for awhile. I hear exercise helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaJS View Post
Dee in Flordia--- I've been having food eating nightmares too!! I wake up thinking "oh no I cheated" and then realize me stuffing my face was just a dream.
ETA:::: meandmax: I put the cauliflower in a purée machine. Seemed to work well.

Well today I am one year older I turned 23 today. We are having family over tonight for my birthday party. And I've decided awhile ago -- I'm NOT cheating. I've got a substitute birthday cake (IP choc pancake mix) and I'm just as excited.
For my first week on the program I had a hard time with my nerves. When I do something I do it 100%. And I always felt like maybe I kicked myself out of ketosis or maybe I was doing everything wrong and never even made it into ketosis. But I found those Ketostix helped ease my mind and keep me motivated when I saw that I was producing ketones.
I'm still having issues with my hunger. Especially in the morning and between meals. My coach said 4 hours between meals is what she wants. But I find after I eat breakfast, I'm already thinking about lunch. And then the time goes so slow. Has anyone else had the same problem?

Anyways --- have a wonderful day m'dears. And stay warm&cozy.
I have days that I want to eat all day. I drink extra water, chew 1 carb gum, drink herbal tea, and sometimes I will get me a plate of lettuce and use WF dressing and eat it. It doesn't count as anything. My food addiction and my relationship with food for many years has contributed to the feeling of being hungry. I tell my self that lunch is in two hours and in two hours I will be eating. This works for me because I know that I can make it through the next two hours. I practice this because I think in my case and eating disorder history, I may have to tell myself the same thing once I get to maintenance. You are not alone. You deserve this life change and I know that with this board you will do fine.

Quote:

Marilyn
Oh Marilyn - I am so sorry for your lose. I have chihuahuas and they are like my kids. One of my dogs is 13 and I know I won't have her long. I have grieved for the lose of dogs before and my heart goes out to you. They love us unconditionally, and we are blessed to have such a love. My suggestion is to get a rescue chihuahua. They are fantastic pets. My first chihuahua, Julius, died and I did not replace him for three years. I grieved him the whole entire time. When I got another after 3 years, the pain started to ease. I will always have a place in my heart for him, but I am able to love other dogs. My little rescue Chi was found on the internet under "chihuahua rescue". He weighs 5 pounds and is three years old. He wants to be with someone all of the time and kisses and sits on our laps, etc. He does not take our love for granted. All of our dogs are spoiled. Good luck!

Last edited by rosemary2612; 11-20-2010 at 07:51 AM.
Old 11-20-2010, 03:34 PM   #55  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglycold View Post
Surgery went well and my grandson is doing good. I managed to not cheat but have you ever noticed hospital foods are not diet friendly. The only thing I could do was order a plain hamburger and just not eat the bun and a salad.
Paula
I am so glad to hear things went well.

I have noticed that! Yes, hospitals are fast friendly but, rarely diet friendly. I usually end up with a salad. Sometimes, I end up getting lucky and they have a hot station where I can get veggies and fish or chicken.

In general, I keep being amazed at how we can't have a quick and low carb meal. Nearly all fast or convenient places have lots of carb foods or high fat options.
Closed Thread