Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 03:37 PM   #31  

Oh no Marilyn! Sorry to hear that. Looks like you're so close to your goal. Let us know how it went.

Salesgod - From yesterday's response regarding RTD loosing potency. When my coach told me that, I scrunched my eyebrows and thought, "Hmm, it has a little thin tin foil covering it up, and when you take that off, it looses potency?" oh well, I'm sure I'll hear a lot of doosey's.

As for me today: I'm home on the couch with 2 sick little boys But we are snuggling on the couch watching Christmas movies My daughter will babysit them so I can get my hair done this afternoon so we can get our family pictures re-taken. The good thing about that, is I've lost 20 some pounds since we had the pictures taken over a month ago. We have never had family pictures and got a great deal on it, she took them and it was too dark out, so she's redo'ing them for free. I really wanted to wait until I wasn't so heavy in the pictures, but I thought a month ago, "that won't happen so might as well do it now" I will love to do family pictures in a year from now!
Tomorrow is the first time I'll be traveling 6 hours all together. We're taking the kiddo's to ride on the "Polar Express" train. I'm so excited! I already know what I'll be packing, so I won't want to eat at the Pizza place we're going to. Have a great day all!!

Last edited by AmyonIP; 11-19-2010 at 03:37 PM.
Old 11-19-2010, 03:48 PM   #32  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

One suggestion for those of you who are freezing, especially if you work in an office is to sit on a heating pad at work! I hear it works wonders...
Old 11-19-2010, 04:14 PM   #33  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
my husband and I went to the movies yesterday...he had popcorn..
I had celery chunks and a poppyseed protein bar..I was thrilled no more popcorn stomach ache..
I no longer care if I get anything at the snack bar! I haven't missed my popcorn either! I can actually smell it freshly cooked and it barely has any trigger for me these days. It took awhile, maybe 8 months, and lots of exposure at the theater, we see a movie or 3 a week as part of a screening/preview group. I take veggies, drinks, pickles, and sometimes an iced RTD protein drink "latte". I have made zucchini chips, crackers, and cauliflower popcorn. It really hasn't been a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
Where is the no cheat group? I am so a part of that. I won't cheat until February 20th...not one little anything.
Darbs, you are amazing! I love your conviction. I know you can do this. Several of us succeeded in not cheating one bit and eating very few of the restricted packets too. It really is easy to keep going when you are in this mode. Stick with it! Don't cheat or slip and you will have the biggest success!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBG View Post
I am usually a lurker on forums but I have to say that this one is much different. What a great way to stay motivated - seeing all the successes. The Christmas Challenge is a great idea and another way to help us keep on track for the holidays.
I agree! This really is a great forum! I have been in several forums and this one has been the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglycold View Post
Morning. Today is going to be a challenge as my grandson is having surgery today so I'll be at the hospital all day. I've got my IP packets packed to eat and will watch whatever else I eat. I'm so happy I've found this diet as I feel this time I can succeed. The support here is awesome. Love ready the posts and see others share my struggles.
Paula
Best wishes and lots of prayers for your grandson, Paula. Let us know how it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJackson View Post
I'm hoping that I don't totally blow it on Thanksgiving.

I already know that I will have a couple of bites of mashed potatoes and a couple of bits of the sweet potatoes. ...

When I think about all of the food that is offered at our usual family functions, I feel pretty good knowing that I can avoid 95+% of what's going to be offered throughout the day/evening.

A bigger challenge for me will be the week after Thanksgiving. I will be on vacation visiting my son and his family who live in another state (a 3 yo grandson and a new 2 month old grandson that I can't wait to meet) I'm really thinking about shipping some supplies out to them for me, since I don't want to risk the airlines confiscating it. We are going to be busy, so I'm hoping I can still do well.
May I make a suggestion? Change your outlook from "I'm hoping that I don't totally blow it on Thanksgiving." to "I'm know that I won't totally blow it on Thanksgiving." Attitude and commitment are a huge part of our success.

If you really are worried you might blow it, another suggestion, don't, DON'T, have anything off plan. I know that sounds hard but, if you haven't stepped off plan yet, and you don't know how you personally respond to stepping off plan, you need to know that for some people, having that small about of high carbs will make it more challenging. It almost causes you to "WANT" more. And, for some people, getting back on plan after that reaction is very hard. I believe I'm Svelting wrote an post about this a few months back.

It is DEFINITELY a good idea to ship or take your food with you. Staying on plan is actually very easy while traveling if you have what you need and go, the day you arrive, to pick up the missing pieces. I have had no problem during the past year checking a bag that contains my food. I have thought about shipping it this year though because, I can know it has arrived and not worry about lost bags.

Don't forget to take all your supplements. Make sure you get plenty of water. (That is my weak point when I travel, I forgot to drink enough!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamadancer View Post
I have a very tempting weekend ahead. My oldest daughter has decided to have a "Harry Potter" party this weekend. This is in lieu of a "sweet sixteen". (Her birthday is actually Jan.2) In preparation we are making chocolate frogs, pumpkin pasties, licorice wands, etc. We are going to the movies to watch the newest release and then dinner at our house with a "Snitch" cake.

I'll be fine at the movies, I've learned to bring an IP snack and resist the popcorn. I can resist the candy, including not licking the chocolate off my fingers. It's the cake that will be tough. One of her friends is baking it for her and may be insulted if I don't try it. I will do my best to tactfully refuse.

My daughter's real birthday will be during the time I am phased off - I can celebrate with her then.
This sounds like a fun birthday!! Try to keep some fresh veggies handy for when you want to nibble.

A suggestion? Call her friend who is making the cake and let her know you don't want her to be insulted but, you are working on being skinny by your daughters real birthday. Maybe you can get her to make a cake or cupcake tree for that January event when you can have some?

Quote:
Originally Posted by njajcjmomma View Post
The side effect of being COLD is taking its toll.... I am freezing all of the time! Today for the 3rd time this week I am wearing my coat at my desk. It's 73ish degrees in the office. That should be plenty warm. And I try not to drink to much tea and warm water just doesnt cut it. I am going on lunch to buy some gloves to cut the fingers off of to wear while I type :-) And last night I slept in a tank top, long sleeve shirt, hoodie, pants, socks and 2 heavy blankets... I used to sleep in shorts and a tank! This is NUTS!

Sorry there's my vent for the day lol.
I am sorry, I know that it is really hard to be cold all the time. I went through this too. The nice thing is you will be losing weight. I found I was cold at 90 degrees. I lived in long sleeves and sweaters even this past July. I used to keep my hands under the hot water just so they wouldn't hurt.

The nice thing I can share, this isn't permanent. When you go off the phase 1 & 2 part of the diet, you will be able warmer. I was still cold compared to how I was but, I wasn't "freezing". I was just chilly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaJS View Post

Well today I am one year older I turned 23 today. We are having family over tonight for my birthday party. And I've decided awhile ago -- I'm NOT cheating. I've got a substitute birthday cake (IP choc pancake mix) and I'm just as excited.
For my first week on the program I had a hard time with my nerves. When I do something I do it 100%. And I always felt like maybe I kicked myself out of ketosis or maybe I was doing everything wrong and never even made it into ketosis. But I found those Ketostix helped ease my mind and keep me motivated when I saw that I was producing ketones.
I'm still having issues with my hunger. Especially in the morning and between meals. My coach said 4 hours between meals is what she wants. But I find after I eat breakfast, I'm already thinking about lunch. And then the time goes so slow. Has anyone else had the same problem?

Anyways --- have a wonderful day m'dears. And stay warm&cozy.

It sounds like you have a great plan! I hope you have a marvelous birthday!

Just curious, what do you mean about your nerves being a problem this week?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkyparry View Post
I'm going for my weekly weigh in now... my heart is not in it. I lost my 9 year old chihuahua on Wednesday and have been grieving the loss so much that I feel like my life has unraveled....tried not to mention it here but feel like some of you would understand my loss..

Marilyn

I am so sorry, Marilyn. I know how you feel. My sympathies. I lost my little girl poodle, Taffy age 14, just two summers ago. It felt like my heart was ripped out for so many days. It really is amazing and special how these wonderful little creatures find their way into the smallest and most essential parts of our lives. Their loss if never unnoticed or easy.
Old 11-19-2010, 04:43 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 196.8/152.2/130

Height: 5"0'

Oh Marilyne, so sorry about your dog. I have a few pets and they are totally a part of my family so I can completly understand your loss.

I just got back from my WI and I passed my 20 pounds lost... 21 actually! So happy about that! Now I am trying to see if my hairstylist can fit me in tonight or tomorrow for my reward!!
Old 11-19-2010, 05:04 PM   #35  
Love

S/C/G: 287.3/228.3/160 restartApr25

Height: 5'5"

Thank you, Carla!!

Nervous... Just coz I was never sure I was "doing it right." I think this site has been a blessing in that it taught me a lot I didn't know about the program. Just all the rules and should/shouldn'ts. It was a lot to get straight and I was just nervous that I missed something. For example, the first few days I had 2 restricted items per day. I confused myself with the wording on the sheet and this was before I found this forum. Or always wondering if I kicked myself out of ketosis (did I use too much EVOO? Or just generally feeling like I wasn't "in ketosis"). I'm feeling much better now. I believe I have a more solid understanding.
Ha, can you tell I'm an anxious person by nature? lol.
Old 11-19-2010, 05:35 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee in Florida View Post
I have nightmares that I accidentally eat something and throw myself out of ketosis. I am not going to cheat on Thanksgiving. I have already practiced Cauliflower mashed potatoes.

I had to fly a few times now, and I had a hard time getting my water in.
I have learned to love Cauliflower..I am going to Mash Turnips...
and I'm having a no Cheat Thanksgiving too..and the food leaves the house that night...I'm stuffing zip lock bags and off it goes...
Old 11-19-2010, 05:43 PM   #37  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Thank you, Carla!!

Nervous... Just coz I was never sure I was "doing it right." I think this site has been a blessing in that it taught me a lot I didn't know about the program. Just all the rules and should/shouldn'ts. It was a lot to get straight and I was just nervous that I missed something. For example, the first few days I had 2 restricted items per day. I confused myself with the wording on the sheet and this was before I found this forum. Or always wondering if I kicked myself out of ketosis (did I use too much EVOO? Or just generally feeling like I wasn't "in ketosis"). I'm feeling much better now. I believe I have a more solid understanding.
Ha, can you tell I'm an anxious person by nature? lol.
You're welcome!

I understand that feeling. You are doing just fine! During the first few days, even if you did have the 2 restricted packs ( not the best choice BUT) you would likely just have stepped down your carbs, prolonged the ketosis start very slightly, and maybe made it a tad easier. No worries.

EVOO or other oil/fats that are zero carb will not drop you out of ketosis.

As you stay on plan longer, especially past week six, you will possibly feel "out of ketosis". It is somewhere around weeks 4 -6 that a person's body becomes adjusted to using ketase packets/ketones for fuel. It is also around this point the we would begin to make our own sugars from our proteins, aminos, and glycerol. You can't use fat to make sugar but, protein will become sugars with a bit of work. You will still be in ketosis but, making the small amount of necessary glucose (over and above that made from the carbs we do get) from proteins.
Old 11-19-2010, 06:35 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jency View Post
Oh my gosh I've been suffering from this all day! I used to hardly ever wear hoodies but now they are a staple. My stick thin mom is always complaining about being cold. I just thought she was being dramatic, but I'm clearly headed that way. BRRRRRRRRR
Me too!!! I go from chills back to my hot flashes Thank you for sharing on that. I wasn't sure what the heck was going on. Now I can be more relaxed about it.
Old 11-19-2010, 06:39 PM   #39  
IP Success Story

S/C/G: 345.6 / 249 / 250

Height: 6 foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkyparry View Post
I'm going for my weekly weigh in now... my heart is not in it. I lost my 9 year old chihuahua on Wednesday and have been grieving the loss so much that I feel like my life has unraveled....tried not to mention it here but feel like some of you would understand my loss..

Marilyn
I am sorry for your loss. My wife and I have 2 long hair chihuahua's and they are a big part of our family.

Last edited by couts71; 11-19-2010 at 06:41 PM.
Old 11-19-2010, 06:44 PM   #40  

Default Good WI after last weeks!

lost 4 1/2 lb for my week 4 WI I was so happy especially after a no lbs lost for week 3. So I'm down 12 lbs so far. I'LL TAKE IT!!!!
I was nervous about going to my friend and her husbands for dinner tonite, cuz it would have been the first time since I started the plan, and we usually like to drink, nosh and yak for hours. She just called and asked for a rain check. I have to say truthfully...I'm relieved.
I did prepare my salad dressing and so on, but now I'm just going to make my turkey burger, eat a ton of salad and put my jammies on. I know I'll have to deal with friends and family sooner or later (my husband returns after a 6 week mission on Weds!!!) but he's so excited for me and will support me 100%
Thanks everyone. I'm so grateful for all of you.
Old 11-19-2010, 06:48 PM   #41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by couts71 View Post
I am sorry for your loss. My wife and I have 2 long hair chihuahua's and they are a big part of our family.
My condolences to you...my Great Dane passed a few years ago. She was my best friend. Whether four legged or two, family is family. Hearts are with you today.
Old 11-19-2010, 07:12 PM   #42  
Love

S/C/G: 287.3/228.3/160 restartApr25

Height: 5'5"

I need some help please.
I tried the search function but it is just taking way too long to find what I need.

I'd like to have salmon for supper. With Soya Sauce. Now, the soya sauce I have is low sodium, but it has 1g of sugar per tbsp. What do you guys use? I know it says on the sheet we can have soya sauce, but is the 1g of sugar okay??
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by SashaJS; 11-19-2010 at 07:13 PM.
Old 11-19-2010, 07:27 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Height: 5'4"

Marilyne, so sorry to hear about your dog. Being a huge animal lover, and owner of many fur babies, their absence is felt when they are gone.

I had WI#7 today, and to my surprise, I actually had a loss. I lost 2 pounds and 1 1/2 more inches. I was stoked considering I was totally expecting no loss, due to a rough week at work and eating on the road for 3 days without being able to plan. Emergency services is not overly IP friendly! LOL!

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Winter is finally here, and its chilly!
Old 11-19-2010, 08:34 PM   #44  
Started IP 11/5/10

S/C/G: 180/160/130

Height: 5'6"

I was hoping that I wasn't the only one having cheat nightmares!

A few nights ago I dreamt that I ate an entire package of cookies by myself. They tasted soooo good in my dream but I felt awful afterward like I had let myself down.

Week 2 NSV - no weight change from last week but I did have the pleasure of buying a size 10 jeans at Target! And my husband says they are too baggy!!! I had been wearing a size 15/16 before I started

~Michelle
Old 11-19-2010, 09:07 PM   #45  

Quote:
I need some help please.
I tried the search function but it is just taking way too long to find what I need.

I'd like to have salmon for supper. With Soya Sauce. Now, the soya sauce I have is low sodium, but it has 1g of sugar per tbsp. What do you guys use? I know it says on the sheet we can have soya sauce, but is the 1g of sugar okay??
Thanks in advance.
Yep, I was a little confused about that two, so I went hunting and found a whole bunch of soy sauces at the health food store that didn't have any sugar in them. Just, soy, water and salt. (I get the wheat free one, but you don't have to) It says 1g carb on the left, but on the right in the percentages column it does say 0 carbs, so I guess it's probably slightly less than 1 carb. That's usually when they are allowed to put 0 in the right hand column. Hope I didn't just confuse you a little more. Bottom line, the first soy I bought had sugar in it, and the second one did not, and i felt better using that one for sure.
Closed Thread