Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 03:52 PM   #286  

S/C/G: 260/222/125

Height: 5'3"

Talking Very happy to have found you all!

Hi ... My name is Lori and I am starting IP tomorrow. I've tried almost every diet out there, including South Beach, Atkins, WW, and I even had Lap Band surgery on October 20, 2008. I've lost about 30 lbs since my surgery and felt like a failure. A friend told me about a doctor she went to and I decided to try one last attempt at weight loss. He introduced me to IP and I am very excited to start it. Finding this forum makes me even more excited because just seeing all the women here let's me know that I will have support 24/7. I am so very happy that I have found all of you and can't wait to begin my journey!
Old 03-26-2011, 05:32 PM   #287  

S/C/G: 320/396/175

Height: 5'8"

I guess I should introduce myself. Im Tiffany, I live in an itty bitty little town in eastern Alberta. Im originally from Nova Scotia but hubs is in the military so we move alot. Which is part of why Im here. Im totally an emotional eater, and get into a slump when we move until I get out and meet people.

I also had our daughter 2.5 yrs ago and put on some more weight then that hasn't come off.

This site has been a wealth of info, cant wait to see what else I learn, and watch everyones success !!
Old 03-26-2011, 08:51 PM   #288  

S/C/G: 201.8/180.8/140

Height: 5'6

Default Introduction

You can call me Naddy, I live in NM. I started having problems with weight issues after 30 or so and have struggled on and off ever since. I never thought I'd see the scale go above 150 or even 200!!! But for over 12 years now I haven't been down where I should be. It slowly crept up on me and I'd lose a little here and there but now I have great knee pain, I have to ride a stationary/spin bike everyday to control the pain. I am starting my 3rd week Monday and have lost almost 11 pounds in just under 2 weeks. I was on my monthly cycle the first week so I lost almost 8 pounds but only 3 this week. I keep thinking about how restrictive this program is but I'm not really craving too much this week. Last week was much harder for me.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:07 PM   #289  

S/C/G: 305/305/215

Height: 5'10"

Default Newbie here

I started IP on 3/14--haven't cheated once and my results are good. I have been on a gazillion diets and I have been very successful losing weight in every way imaginable (except surgery)--just can't keep it off. So probably in my adult life I have literally lost several hundred pounds. I am a professional dieter.

I ended up on IP because a close friend of mine did it and lost lots---FAST. I chose to take the "rip the band aid off fast" approach this time. If I am going to be unable to eat the foods I enjoy so I can lose weight, then I want the weight off quickly (I have no notions of ever being able to eat whatever I want and keep my weight off, but I plan to go Atkins once the weight is off because I know with certainty I can maintain on Atkins--maintained a 100 pound loss for four years---- I just can't lose on it).

Ok,so here I am. I have not cheated once. Oh wait---I did cheat a little today and added 2oz to my 6oz portion of whitefish because I was super hungry.

I HATE vegetables. Dress them up, grill them, ginger sauce them, stir fry them---do whatever. I think they are really, really gross---and I have my whole life. I can eat raw leafy greens (romaine, butter lettuce, raw spinach), and cooked broccoli. That's it. Needless to say I am getting REALLY sick of broccoli.

I am trying to choke down what veggies I can because I want the weight off. I am not all excited about this diet. I have been down this road too many times to get "all excited", convinced this is the answer to all that ills. Instead, I am wholly committed. And will remain so until I have reached my goal. This diet is my last chance before my doctor has to give me my third BP med and makes me get Lap-band surgery, so I am willing to suck it up to get the job done.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!
Old 03-27-2011, 04:52 PM   #290  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappyHappy View Post
I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but I don't know: What kinds of information should be posted on this thread, as opposed to the daily thread? And, where can I find the daily thread?
I see no one's answered your question. Here's how to get to all the threads: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/ And when in doubt, post any questions or observations you have in the daily thread. AND, good luck and welcome.
Old 03-27-2011, 06:12 PM   #291  

S/C/G: 212/175/140

Height: 4'11"

Hi Everyone,
My name is Jean, and my fiance and I are on this journey together. It was his idea, having learned about it from someone at work. I'm really glad he did because I've been wanting to make some changes in our eating habits, etc, but wasn't sure if he would go for it. We started on 3/15 and go for our second WI tomorrow after work. So far it's going ok although I think we need to expand our horizons as far as veggies go, haha!

Tate, you mentioned that you "cheated" by having an extra 2 oz of whitefish...our coach told us that meats and fish were both recently increased to 8oz. Hope that helps

Good luck everyone!
Old 03-27-2011, 08:08 PM   #292  

S/C/G: 206/195/120

Height: 4'11"

Default Introduction

Hello this is Justjen, I am starting IP today. I am looking through recipes for great ways to do the program. I am 39, 2 children, a husband 2 cattle dogs and a hairless cat. I NEED to lose 80 pounds.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:58 PM   #293  

S/C/G: 186/150/130

Height: 5'3" 1/2

I'm CarrieA and I'm glad to have finally found a diet that works. I've done several diets over the years (WW, Atkins, grapefruit, Dolly Parton, counting calories just to name a few) but have not had much success. The diets always required way to much work...counting points, calories, carbs, etc. That's what I love about this diet it's easy and no counting. I also love how quickly I'm losing the weight...well it's not as fast as some but it's better than the other diets I've done.

I live in Illinois just across from St. Louis, MO. I'm a 43 year old "house kitten" (stay at home mom), I've been married for 22 years and have two active boys (14 and 11). I spend a lot of time running my kids to their different activities (football, baseball, basketball and swim).

After a friend of mine lost 32 lbs and 28 inches in 2 Ĺ months I knew I had to try out this diet..hoping for the same success...NOT....(she is the poster child for my doctor). For Christmas this past year I told my husband that I wanted us to do IP as a Christmas present to ourselves. After he did some research (heís an Engineer so everything has to be researched to death) and hesitation he gave in. We started February 9th after our Super Bowl party. As of the last weigh-in my husband has lost 21 lbs (needs to lose 15 to 20 more) and Iíve lost about 17 lbs (35 to 40 lbs to go).

Like so many we had gotten tired of the same veggies (broccoli, salad, celery) and Iíve gotten to where I canít eat the Waldon Farms dressings. So after going through the recipe threads Iíve found so many yummy things to try...Big Mac in a Bowl, turnips into fries or ďfried potatoesĒ with onion, bell pepper and celery..tastes like potatoes, a new salad dressing someone suggested with oil, apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, Italian seasonings and splenda..really makes the salad much better. Iíve also started adding into my salad some diced ham and hard boiled egg whites and subtract a little protein from my dinner. Changing things up a little makes the diet a lot more tolerable for a little longer.

I look forward to going through this journey with all you. Keep up the great recipes and wonderful insight into your IP journey.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:07 PM   #294  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Hi, I'm April new here and on day 4 of the plan. I've been 100% except I don't think I'm getting all my salt intake. I've never been overly thin but not really overweight until after drinking in college followed by 2 full term pregnancies and 3 miscarriages. I gained 35lbs with my first daughter but kept on 20lbs. With my second daughter I gained 25 lbs and kept 5. In fairness I have always had potion problems and while I haven't lost weight, I haven't gained any more. I was at 205lbs at my starting WI. Scary to write that publicly. I want to get down to 150lbs perhaps lower, I'll have to see how I feel a little closer to goal.
My girls are 3 almost 4 years old and just turned 1.

I heard about IP from my husband. Quite a few people either on the fire department or related to a firefighter are on or completed IP with great results. He's been very encouraging and went with me to the little siminar held at the office. He's a very fit guy and has done similar programs before, but with much more protein to gain muscle.

Last edited by AprilH3; 03-28-2011 at 02:10 PM. Reason: forgot something!
Old 03-29-2011, 03:23 PM   #295  
On IP diet

S/C/G: 180/175/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyonIP View Post
I love sugar way to much to think I haven't had it in that long. I ate it for all meals and even between meals (not spoonfulls of it, but it might of well have been)
Can I please ask you something? So you were having sugar and STILL losing weight with IP?? Im having a hard time not cheatinG!! :-( thanks!!
Old 03-30-2011, 11:38 AM   #296  

S/C/G: 265/251/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Day 3

Hi All: After researching and finding so much info on the IPD on this site I decided to join. I find this site so inspiring. Although I am feeling nauseous today I will persevere through it and hopefully tomorrow will be better. I have come to a point in my life where my weight is becoming a hinderance. I've realized that being heavy and tired is not the way I want to continue through life.
Old 03-30-2011, 02:54 PM   #297  

S/C/G: 152.4/138/125.5

Height: 5'4-1/2"

Default Hello to all!

Hi, I'm Linda and I'm from the suburbs of Portland, Oregon.

Growing up in rural Alaska, I was always the skinny kid. Even in high school at 5' 4" I weighed in at a whopping 102 lbs.! I've been struggling with weight gain since my mid 30's. At first it was very sneaky and gradual. I noticed I had a small muffin top! Then it started to creep onto my thighs and my hips and the next thing I knew, I wasn't a size 5 any more!

It got way worse 7 years ago when I sprained my ankle. I had to stay off my feet for a month and then use crutches for another month. It hurt for at least 3 or 4 more months after that. I became sedentary and gained a whopping 25 pounds in that time. I did WW and lost most of the weight but that took months and months of perseverance and when I was done, I never wanted to do that again.

The receptionist at my chiropractors office told me about IP and how she had lost 18 lbs. in 4 weeks. I thought, "Yeah, right." But the more I researched it, the more confident I felt it would be the right thing for me to do. I started 8 days ago and I feel great! My 1st week weight loss was low compared to some but I thought it was fantastic. I'm convinced this program will work for me and put me back on track when I'm done with healthier eating habits!
Old 03-30-2011, 03:02 PM   #298  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindacraig63 View Post
Hi, I'm Linda and I'm from the suburbs of Portland, Oregon.

Growing up in rural Alaska, I was always the skinny kid. Even in high school at 5' 4" I weighed in at a whopping 102 lbs.! I've been struggling with weight gain since my mid 30's. At first it was very sneaky and gradual. I noticed I had a small muffin top! Then it started to creep onto my thighs and my hips and the next thing I knew, I wasn't a size 5 any more!

It got way worse 7 years ago when I sprained my ankle. I had to stay off my feet for a month and then use crutches for another month. It hurt for at least 3 or 4 more months after that. I became sedentary and gained a whopping 25 pounds in that time. I did WW and lost most of the weight but that took months and months of perseverance and when I was done, I never wanted to do that again.

The receptionist at my chiropractors office told me about IP and how she had lost 18 lbs. in 4 weeks. I thought, "Yeah, right." But the more I researched it, the more confident I felt it would be the right thing for me to do. I started 8 days ago and I feel great! My 1st week weight loss was low compared to some but I thought it was fantastic. I'm convinced this program will work for me and put me back on track when I'm done with healthier eating habits!
Welcome Linda! This is a really valuable forum you will learn alot from the veterans. Congrats on your first week loss. You should be proud.You should remember your loss might not have been as big as some but you are starting out 50-100# lighter than some.keep it up!
Old 03-30-2011, 04:21 PM   #299  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonia84 View Post
Can I please ask you something? So you were having sugar and STILL losing weight with IP?? Im having a hard time not cheatinG!! :-( thanks!!
My guess is that she meant that's what she was eating BEFORE the IP diet.

It definitely is really difficult not to cheat, but I hear it gets easier as long as you stick to it! (I'm on Day 11, so I can't say for sure ).

And I'd suggest that any time you are tempted to cheat, write on the Daily Thread and we'll all give you some encouragement and support. We've all been there, and many of us still fight it!
Old 03-30-2011, 08:19 PM   #300  

S/C/G: 200.6/188.6/140

Height: 5'6"

Smile New to Forum

Greetings,

This is something new for me, always read forums but never posted. I have just start on IP, tomorrow will be two weeks....Ya
First week down 6.4, second week down 5.4 so a total of 12 lbs. Yahoo
Closed Thread