Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 10:00 PM   #271  

S/C/G: 175/159/125

I am starting week three of IP and besides the loss of pounds & inches, I feel terrific. It is worth the investment for just to be able to feel good about myself and with myself. I will say I am very pleasantly surprised by my progress and success.
I am going to be 35 next month and feel if I don't get myself under control, then I will struggle forever. So when my doctor recommended the program, I debated the pros and cons and felt this was my chance to start anew.
I am an RN who works overnights in two hospitals in our area. Working nights lends itself to continuous eating and none of that eating is healthy. I am also mommy to three fabulous children, age 21 months to 8 years. I find myself eating what they eat and they eat like any other little kids, junk with the occasional fruit and veggie. My husband, who is the love of my life and I adore him, but we make very bad food choices together.
The baby finally started daycare and now it is finally time for me to take care of me, so I started IP and know that for me it was the absolute right choice. I am encouraged by the support here and am grateful for all information shared on this site. Here's to another great week for everyone.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:25 AM   #272  

S/C/G: 193/165/140

Height: 5'1"

Unhappy side effects

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
So, I'll go first.

I started Ideal Protein just a few days before Thanksgiving 2009. I had tried lots of other diets over the past 15 years and couldn't consistently drop or keep of any off the added weight I was carrying. In the months before I found Ideal Protein I actually gained 29 pounds in 12 weeks. I was devastated and frustrated. At 40 years old, I felt like I might always be fat.

I found out about Ideal Protein through my hairstylist. Her husband had learned of Ideal Protein in a round about way and, after he lost 45 pounds in 48 days, he got the approval to offer the products himself. I was one of his earlier clients. He was quiet strict and didn't allow any extra packets, restricted packets or occasional veggies. It was a long 6 months but, the 90 poiunds I lost were worth it. The best part is having kept it off for almost 5 months. I am not yet done with my journey. I would still like to lose another 30 to 40 pounds by May 2011.

As for me. I am single, no kids, and have the leisure of doing this by myself. It makes it easier at times I suppose. I have had to coordinate my new diet around cooking for visiting family but, on a day to day basis, it is just me. When I began the plan I did have to coordinate around a boyfriend that wasn't eating low carb and that was a bit of a challenge. Lots of double meals being prepared. I finally gave up and he got to eat what I ate.

I am a total animal lover! I have 2 standard poodles (Levi age 5 and Chanel 10 months) and, I have a bengal cat (Matou). They are all from rescue groups I have worked with.

My hobbies and pastimes including reading, learning about nutrition, natural/alternative medicine approaches, and reading medical journals. I also take care of my elderly granparents (age 93 and 94). I have been fortunate to have a very close family that lives a long time!

My background... I was always really thin growing up. I was tall for my age, skinny, and had a lot of muscle and was very flexible. I was always active. I played sports, swam, skated, rode bikes, played volleyball, basketball, track and field, and did ice skating. I had an image problem that began around age 10, along with early menstruation, and I could never see myself as being thin, only fat. At age 11, I was 5'5, 114 pounds and a size 3 and on a diet. At age 18 I was 128 pounds, still 5'5 a size 6 and very active. I thought I was obese. (LITTLE did I KNOW! ) I started gaining weight right after that. I would gain in burst and lose in bursts. A sudden 30 or 45 pounds up then a fast 30 or 40 down. Over the years it was more ups than down and, despite still being active, I was a size 20 and 254 pounds.

My family was really concerned about my weight; obesity isnt a common or big occurance for us. Unfortunately, thyroid disease does run more commonly. When I was struggling to lose the weight and making no headway, it was very worrisome for my family members. They watched me try Atkins (I gained weight), South beach, Blood type diet, weight watchers and a few others. Mostly I tried to exercise and eat healthy. Who knew those healthy carbs were part of my problem! Well, when they saw the results from Ideal Protein, they were right there with support and cheers. This really does work and my family will agree, it is the best thing that has happened for me!

I began the program with the attitude I would do anything for as long as it took even if I only lost a pound a week. Good thing! I lost great and was amazed and full of doubt as to how long it would last. It eventually lasted so long, I stopped wondering. In the end, after 6 months, I was losing only a pound a week. Still losing many inches though. I had gone down 90 pounds and from a size 20 to and 8/10 and size 29/30 pants and shorts. It was so much to appreciate. Unfortunately, I couldn't recognize my results in the mirror and was feeling like a failure because I wasn't losing fast anymore. I was also having many side effects that go with rapid weight loss and low carb diets. For me, it was time to take a break.

I phase to phase 2 and then 3 this past summer. It was a good thing for me. I have stayed steady. Have enjoyed a little more food. Learned I could maintain my loses. I got to go back to exercising and, I finally look in the mirror and see the girl I am now and not the girl I was. I don't go shopping and grab for the XL or 1x automatically. I feel proud that I lost 90 pounds in such a short time. It was a goal I had many years ago and I did it! I know I am not done but, I am enjoying basking in the bulk of my success and learning to appreciate the person I am now that achieved those results.

One of the best parts of this diet was finding this forum. I found the original group on here back in November of 2009. Back then the group was barely 4 months old and not very large. We had some very active participants that lost their weight and are now long gone but, they really left us with some great inspiration and motivation and, you can still find the echos of their participation in the archived threads if you want to know them. Torchlaker was very active and dedica were the side effects thatat support, welcoming, and advice. Ogdog was an active member, avid cook and recipe poster, and a vegetarian. Natural Girl, Princess, Megan, and so many others left great advice and recipes too. I don't think I would have made it through the Holidays last year without ALL of them!

Since then, I have met so many wonderful people through this support group. I love being here, making friends, and sharing our knowledge of the various topics surrounding this program.

So, here I go! Another year ahead of me and hopefully a few more pounds off and many more new acquaintances and friends.
So tell me please, just what were the side effects that you were experiencing, does everyone get them, how do you feel now, are you still on program? I am just beginning and am a little nervous.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:42 AM   #273  

Hi Sandra,

I live in Pflugerville and just started IP today. My best friend in Maryland has a clinic and is my coach. (she insisted yesterday when I told her how bad I was feeling that I start TODAY) I have some packets here but not enough to get me through until the box she is sending me comes. Any idea where I can buy some packets? I looked on craigslist but nobody is selling any right now.
Best of luck when you start IP! I hear it's a miracle program and I'm grateful my friend intervened and insisted I start today. (I've been having lots of carb related health issues... bah :-(
If you need a friend nearby who is doing IP, too, just let me know... I'm in Pflugerville.
Thanks!
Old 03-11-2011, 03:00 PM   #274  

Ok, so eventually I will learn how to post in this forum. :-) My message above was supposed to answer Sandra, but ended up in the introductions area.. go figure.

Anyway...I live in Austin, Texas and today is my first day on IP. I am SO excited. If it's possible to feel better already, then I feel better already. LOL

I've been though every diet known to man... partially because I am OLD! Two grown kids, and 4 grandkids, the oldest whom is 16. I've been through about 5 careers, the first being a singer in an all female rock band through the 80's and 90's, then I owned a lowcarb store, then I started two low carb food companies where my products were sold worldwide.... that all ended in 2005 and now I am a Licensed Private Investigator in the State of Texas.

I'm married to the love of my life... our 4 year Anniversary is Monday! :-)

That's me, in a nutshell. And I'm REALLY excited to be on IP after a lifetime of yo-yo-ing and finally ready to get healthy!

Thanks,
Jayden
Old 03-11-2011, 03:01 PM   #275  

S/C/G: 209/201/170

Height: 5'10 1/2 ''

Hello fellow IP'ers! This is my very first post. Tuesday was my first full week on IP and I lost 8.8lbs! I've read alot of the information here and it is all so helpful, inspiring and nice to know I'm not all alone. Thank you all!
Old 03-14-2011, 07:10 PM   #276  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Ok...here goes.....
This is my first official post!! Tomorrow will be weigh in #3! So far I have lost 11 lbs (8 the first, 3 the second). According to my scale I haven't lost much this week....I'm guessing 2. I really hope it's at LEAST 2!!

My husband is doing IP with me, as well as a friend, which really helps with motivation! I have two teenagers, one dog, and a HUGE addiction to Disney!!

Thank you to all the people who have contributed info on this board!! I have read sooo many posts over the past few days (and have done a lot of "cutting and pasting" of tips, recipes, advice, etc)!!

Best of luck to everyone!!
Old 03-16-2011, 02:49 AM   #277  

S/C/G: 182/165/145

Height: 5'2"

Hell0! I just posted today in the main intro board. I just moved to IP from South Beach. I started South Beach 1/1/2011, because my doctor told me I needed to bring down my cholesterol, triglycerides and liver enzymes. The first two weeks on Phase 1 were great, and I lost about 9 pounds. Then I went on Phase 2 and kept hovering, eventually getting losing another 3 pounds by the beginning of March. Although it had the initial desired effect of bringing all my blood levels well into normal range, I knew I didn't have the motivation to keep on going if my weight loss was going to be sooo slowwwww!

In the meantime, my co-workers, who started IP at the same time I started South Beach, were still losing 3 or 4 pounds each and every week, even though we were eating virtually the same lunch every day. I was sold on it. I also sold my husband on it, and our daughter is joining in as well.

Anyway, I just finished Day 5 on IP, went in for a weigh-in, and lost 4 lbs. so far. I am hoping to lose 30 pounds total.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you.

Cathy
Old 03-16-2011, 10:19 AM   #278  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 206/167/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone! I am currently in week 3 on IP and am happy to have lost 12 lbs. so far. I joined IP after I saw my mother lose 54 lbs. She's never been one to put any effort into diet and exercise so when I saw how much she lost, I figured there must be something right with this diet. WW has always worked for my in the past, but this past year it has done squat. I don't know if my body's metabolism isn't working the way it used to or their new program just isn't working for me, but I'm glad I made the switch because I really feel good seeing weight/inches loss every week.
I'm mostly trying to loose the weight because I want to go back to feeling good about myself. My husband is 6'0" and 155lbs (on a fat day) so it makes me a little self conscious to weigh more than my husband. We've also been having some problems getting pregnant so I thought maybe if I lost weight it might happen.
I'm enjoying reading all of the posts by everyone. You're all very inspirational and provide a great deal of support and new ideas. I look forward to getting to know everyone!
~Stephanie
Old 03-16-2011, 10:59 AM   #279  
Start IP 3/9/11

S/C/G: 215 /167.4 /130

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatinCali View Post
Hell0! I just posted today in the main intro board. I just moved to IP from South Beach. I started South Beach 1/1/2011, because my doctor told me I needed to bring down my cholesterol, triglycerides and liver enzymes. The first two weeks on Phase 1 were great, and I lost about 9 pounds. Then I went on Phase 2 and kept hovering, eventually getting losing another 3 pounds by the beginning of March. Although it had the initial desired effect of bringing all my blood levels well into normal range, I knew I didn't have the motivation to keep on going if my weight loss was going to be sooo slowwwww!

In the meantime, my co-workers, who started IP at the same time I started South Beach, were still losing 3 or 4 pounds each and every week, even though we were eating virtually the same lunch every day. I was sold on it. I also sold my husband on it, and our daughter is joining in as well.

Anyway, I just finished Day 5 on IP, went in for a weigh-in, and lost 4 lbs. so far. I am hoping to lose 30 pounds total.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you.

Cathy
Welcome aboard, Cathy!
I am a newbie to IP and today is my 8th day, so I'm not too far ahead of you! I lost 7 pounds the first week and am pleased with that.

You will get alot of help and encouragement from these forums. Every one is so nice about answering questions.
Happy weight loss to you!
~Wendy
Old 03-17-2011, 03:40 PM   #280  

hello everyone, i am have been on the IP for about a month now, and lost only 11 pounds... i see everyone is losing so much... i have 30 more pounds to go.. i do have a cheat day , but nothing really big, what i mean by cheat is a little piece of cheese or a slice of turkey.. so no carbs or bread, even though i could easly have a bagel but dont! any suggestions. thanks
Old 03-17-2011, 06:05 PM   #281  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlytop03 View Post
hello everyone, i am have been on the IP for about a month now, and lost only 11 pounds... i see everyone is losing so much... i have 30 more pounds to go.. i do have a cheat day , but nothing really big, what i mean by cheat is a little piece of cheese or a slice of turkey.. so no carbs or bread, even though i could easly have a bagel but dont! any suggestions. thanks
Hi Curlytop!
You should post on the daily thread to get more feedback, but don't be discouraged. There are a lot of things that can contribute to your success. First question is when was the last time you lost 11 pounds in a month?! That is fantastic! We all lose at different rates. There are a bunch of people who will be able to give you pointers.

On the daily thread post what you are eating, how much water you are drinking, whether you are taking your supplements, whether you use restricted packets, when you eat, etc. and there will be people who are more experienced than I who can guide you.

Hang in there and try not to get discouraged.

Last edited by Lucky Chick; 03-17-2011 at 06:06 PM.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:25 AM   #282  
I have HOPE!

S/C/G: 290/254.5/170

Height: 5'8

Hi All

Just a little introduction on me....great to read about you all!

I am 34 years old. I live in Calgary, Canada and am a Photographer and Singer by trade. I am recently divorced and don't have any kids yet.

My weight has been a struggle my whole adult life. I once had great success on Body for Life (lost 45 lbs in 5 months) but had a very hard time keeping it off due to some medications I had to go on right after I lost and the rigorous workout schedule....ugh. Also, my love of cheetos. double ugh.

I NEED to lose this weight now as my weight has gone up 70lbs in the last year (medications, depression, divorce...oh and cheetos....fun stuff).
I have a big sense of humor so I often hide my feelings of self disgust and loathing at the fact that I've come to this point in my life, but I got a reality check when I stepped on the scale in my coach's office just after my dad did (my parents are both doing this journey with me!) and I weighed two pounds more than him. That might not seem like a big deal to some, but my dad is known as 'Big John, Big Daddy etc....' I don't want to be 'Big Suga'!!! I want to be sexy, confident, strong Suga. That's all.

Anyway, I am so excited to be starting IP (been on it only two days now) and can't wait to see what the future holds! Thanks for letting me introduce myself
Old 03-18-2011, 12:12 PM   #283  

Height: 5'6"

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but I don't know: What kinds of information should be posted on this thread, as opposed to the daily thread? And, where can I find the daily thread?
Old 03-18-2011, 12:51 PM   #284  
IP start June 11, 2014

Default Introduction

Hi Everyone!
I'm Kelly -I just started following IP protocol with alternative products on 3/14/11. I hope that following this plan stays as easy as it has been for me this past week. Like most others, I have tried most of the diets out there with the last one before IP being Atkins -I just couldn't make it work for whatever reason. I learned about IP here in the success stories thread and started to research the plan about a month ago. I didn't think that I could stick to something being so restrictive, but somehow I am doing it. I make dinner the meal I have with mh DH and look forward to it everyday. I am pretty comfortable so far with this plan and crossing my fingers that it stays that way.
Old 03-26-2011, 02:01 PM   #285  

S/C/G: 204/197/120

Height: 5'4"

Hello!

I'm libertina, and I'm awfully glad to have found you guys!

I began the IP phase one 7 days ago. It's been insanely easy for me. The first few days I had the headache, but I had so much going on that I didn't really notice the pain...now since day 3 or 4 I've had the most amazing energy levels and my joint pain has lessened significantly. At the weigh-in, I found I lost 7 lbs on my first week!

I'm not doing any restricted foods, not for a while. But I'm not missing them yet. Right now I'm having the omelet in the morning (to which I add mushrooms and a few asparagus spears) then a yogurt or chocolate drink in the afternoon, with some simple vegetable soup, and at night I have my protein/vegetables with a Vanilla pudding. It's easy and almost feels like I'm eating too much...

Just a bit about me: I'm 36. I live in Florida. I'm a teacher. I have 2 young children. I'm divorced 2 yrs. I was pretty small growing up (between 112-130) then after I was married (too young) I stayed at 140 for a long time. After the 2nd difficult pregnancy my weight climbed to 185. I did get it under control, with some difficulty. Then I got divorced and went back to school at night to get my Master's degree, with the stress of everything together, eating was my only relaxing endeavor for a while...result being, I surmounted 200 and felt the strain in my joints, and on my heart (high blood pressure). I'm definitely NOT built for this many pounds! So I'm hoping to get back down to where I was before I had kids, and even to my 'ideal' weight of 120.

One question: how much exercise do you suggest I do on this plan? I do try to get on the elliptical trainer at the gym 3-4 times a week but since being on the diet I can only hack about 35 minutes, going slower than my old rate. I also do a little pilates on the mat at home (I need this badly for my poor back)

Thanks and nice to meet you all!
Closed Thread