3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Introductions to those of us on Ideal Protein (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/217542-introductions-those-us-ideal-protein.html)

Mamadancer 01-21-2011 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlbertaTracy (Post 3665450)
Hello...I am new to IP, week 2, day 9....down almost 10 pounds. I like the plan so far, but worry that I will get tired of the vegetables that are on the plan in phase 1.

I have been heavy since moving from my childhood home to College. I just weighed my heaviest at 198 lbs and couldn't believe that I let myself go back there. Two years ago I was remarried to a wonderful man that is supportive, and (thin, and has never had a weight problem)...he is a farmer by trade and being in the western part of Canada,,likes his beef, potatoes and gravy......the rest makes sense now....anyway 2 years ago i was about 150 lbs.....I am so dissappointed in myself, and being its a new year, decided to make a plan to lose this weight again. Just before Christmas I saw a girl that I had seen before, don't know that well though, and she looked amazing, like skinny...I had only just saw her the month before, so i was shocked,,,I asked her and she told me about IP and where to go for information.

Two years ago this year, I lost my wonderful father. The man that had for 72 years kept me laughing. He was amazing...he was healthy all his life, and then bam, he got lung cancer.(He hadn't smoked for 40 years). This rocked my families world, and today I am dealing better with it, but its still very raw...I am a emotional eater and I admit,,,I ate for comfort from the pain. I am a Oncology/Palliative Care nurse, I should have known better or had better insight into my actions, but pain is pain, and we deal with it as individual as the next person.

Anyhow, sorry to ramble on. I have a goal to get to 140,,,and I hope that I am on my way. . I just found this sight and its incredible, the stories that everyone has, although very different, give people like me the support and encouragement to plow on ahead. I saw plow as there is mega feet of snow outside my window and that too,,,(for me anyway, is a unmotivator, like the jan blues)...

Good luck to everyone...If anyone has a similiar story, please feel free to write me, we could be good support for each other.

:welcome3: Glad you have decided to join us here. You will love the changes that this program will bring to your life. This forum is awesome for support and information. Check in/post often and be sure to read the stickies especially Tips for Newbies. Congratulations on your loss so far! :hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by aharmeyer (Post 3665877)
I can honestly say that I have no idea if I actually posted on this earlier.. If I did, I am SURE I didn't give much information on myself...
My name is Amanda, although I prefer Mandi. I am 31 years old. I have 2 beautiful daughters, Morgan (13) & Madison (5 months). I am married to the most loving, supportive, and understanding man I've ever met, Matt. I am a communications officer for my local police department. I have been in this profession for 7 years now. Which has probably been the biggest contributor to my weight issues, eating out and not eating healthly meals on a regular basis. In my spare time I love to read, spend time at the lake during the summer, catch my favorite local band at a show once in a while, and most of all spend time with my loves!
I am on day 6 of my ideal protein journey. I don't refer to it as a diet, because I see it as a life long change. Today has been a very stressful day so I have really found myself tempted to cheat.. But I'm standing strong and true and going to resist it all!!! I have my yummy faux taco salad (ground sirloin, lettuce, green peppers, & onion) waiting on me for dinner and a chocolate drink mixed with coffee for my snack.
My first weigh in is Monday and I am REALLY pumped!! =)

:welcome: You're right...it is a journey and I'm glad you have chosen to take it with us! Good for you for not giving in to the stress, a start to lifelong change! Good luck on you rfirst weigh-in! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggiemagu (Post 3666296)
Today was WI #1 and I was down 6.7 pounds....YIPPIE!!! This is my first post but I have been reading your posts now for about a week, you all are amazing!!! Have a great IP evening.

:welcome2: Congrats on your first weigh-in! You are also amazing! Keep reading posts and feel free to join in on the daily chatter. :)

deelee10 01-21-2011 05:55 PM

Hi - I've been at 3fc for a few months but started IP a week ago. I needed a more structured plan. Had my first weigh in today. I lost 4 1/2 lbs. I lost 2 1/2 the first day or so. Somehow I started thinking you were supposed to have 4 packets and a fifth one if necessary so I was having 4 packets a day all week. In the food journal I was given it has 4 spaces under the IP Diet Food column so that might have been why I got confused. Needless to say I wasn't hungry! I had been hoping for a larger loss but I haven't been able to lose 4 lbs in one week for decades so I'm pleased. I'm enjoying reading your stories and look forward to getting to know you.

YankeeFan14040 01-21-2011 11:58 PM

Hello,

I'm new to this site and I just started IP a week ago. Today is Day 7 for me.

My name is Kevin, I'm 32, married with 2 sons (1 of which is 2 weeks old!). I'm from Buffalo, NY and I work in Corrections and am in the Army. I turned to IP as a hope to lose my bodyfat that I've gained over the past 15 years or so. I am actually in jeopardy of getting kicked out of the Army. I've tried a few other diet plans, but I did not have much luck with them.

I joined this site because I was searching for help with cooking with IP products. I can see myself getting frustrated or bored with this diet with only eating the same things over and over again. Hopefully with the help from the rest of those posting in this area I can find the additional help and support that I haven't been able to find previously.

ash825 01-22-2011 12:29 AM

Hello! I've enjoyed hours of reading through these intros so I thought I would hop on board.

My name is Ashley. I'm 29 yrs old and I'm married with a 2 year old. My journey with weight began in grade school. I've always been heavy but active in sports. I have a strong relationship with my dad and learned self confidence early on so I didn't let my weight get to me much when I was younger.

In May of 2001 I was diagnosed with PCOS and insulin resistance. My weight continued to climb. I was near or over 225 all through high school. I met my now husband in 1999 and we did Body.For.Life and I got to 190 and felt amazing. Once the program was over, we laxed in to our old ways and I gained it all back.

I've yo-yo dieted for as long as I can remember: Weight Watchers, Southbeach, Medibolic Research Center, Slim Fast, Jenny Craig, diet pills. Nothing has ever "stuck". I heard about IP through a friend who lost 67 lbs in 12 weeks. My interest was peaked but $ is tight and I thought the program sounded horrible (sooo strict). Regardless, I decided that this is my time. I turn 30 this year, it was January so I wasn't competing with holidays, I can slim down by summer, etc etc. So, I jumped and did it.

I can truly say over these last 10 days my confidence in myself to do this program has grown each day. Now, I know this is my last diet. I am changing my life and not turning back. My PCOS has been so hard to deal with: infertility, weight, etc and I feel like I'm finally going to kick it's butt instead of it kicking mine.

Thanks for letting me join such a supportive community.

iowahawkeyemom 01-22-2011 08:48 AM

Welcome to all the Newbies! This site is great for keeping you on track.

lose100in11 01-23-2011 07:09 PM

Well Hello! I am so excited to start this journey with you all. I am on day 6 of IP with my weigh-in tomorrow morning! I am nervous for tomorrow although I must say this is the first diet that I haven't cheated on in the first few days....yep....that is right! I haven't even licked my fingers after making non IP food for my hubby or 16 month old!!! It has been a difficult first week but after reading so many stories on here I am so motivated to keep going to lose 100 lbs!! I am also so happy to see you all post recipes...I am looking forward to making them!!

If anyone is reading this....I feel a little lost on this website....any help you can give would be great.

If anyone out there is also in their first week on IP, I would LOVE to talk to you and maybe we can help each other stay motivated!!

Well I am off to enjoy my chocolate pudding that I put in the freezer...maybe the freezer elves put some peanut butter cups in there....lol.

lose100in11 01-23-2011 07:13 PM

Oh and my name is Jo. :)

Joliebug82 01-24-2011 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlbertaTracy (Post 3665450)
Hello...I am new to IP, week 2, day 9....down almost 10 pounds. I like the plan so far, but worry that I will get tired of the vegetables that are on the plan in phase 1.

I have been heavy since moving from my childhood home to College. I just weighed my heaviest at 198 lbs and couldn't believe that I let myself go back there. Two years ago I was remarried to a wonderful man that is supportive, and (thin, and has never had a weight problem)...he is a farmer by trade and being in the western part of Canada,,likes his beef, potatoes and gravy......the rest makes sense now....anyway 2 years ago i was about 150 lbs.....I am so dissappointed in myself, and being its a new year, decided to make a plan to lose this weight again. Just before Christmas I saw a girl that I had seen before, don't know that well though, and she looked amazing, like skinny...I had only just saw her the month before, so i was shocked,,,I asked her and she told me about IP and where to go for information.

Two years ago this year, I lost my wonderful father. The man that had for 72 years kept me laughing. He was amazing...he was healthy all his life, and then bam, he got lung cancer.(He hadn't smoked for 40 years). This rocked my families world, and today I am dealing better with it, but its still very raw...I am a emotional eater and I admit,,,I ate for comfort from the pain. I am a Oncology/Palliative Care nurse, I should have known better or had better insight into my actions, but pain is pain, and we deal with it as individual as the next person.

Anyhow, sorry to ramble on. I have a goal to get to 140,,,and I hope that I am on my way. . I just found this sight and its incredible, the stories that everyone has, although very different, give people like me the support and encouragement to plow on ahead. I saw plow as there is mega feet of snow outside my window and that too,,,(for me anyway, is a unmotivator, like the jan blues)...

Good luck to everyone...If anyone has a similiar story, please feel free to write me, we could be good support for each other.

Welcome! I hope you'll find that this forum is pretty amazing and wonderful! I'm so sorry for the pain you still feel from losing your dad so unexpectedly. :hug: My family is all naturally thin, eats rice and beef and gravy pretty much every day (we do kind of a community cooking thing much of the week), and yeah, sometimes at first it just plain sucked. Now I eat the meat, bring my veggies, and drink my water happily while they give me praise. Not a bad way of living! Stay active, learn to love water and tea, and, again, :welcome3:

Quote:

Originally Posted by aharmeyer (Post 3665877)
I can honestly say that I have no idea if I actually posted on this earlier.. If I did, I am SURE I didn't give much information on myself...
My name is Amanda, although I prefer Mandi. I am 31 years old. I have 2 beautiful daughters, Morgan (13) & Madison (5 months). I am married to the most loving, supportive, and understanding man I've ever met, Matt. I am a communications officer for my local police department. I have been in this profession for 7 years now. Which has probably been the biggest contributor to my weight issues, eating out and not eating healthly meals on a regular basis. In my spare time I love to read, spend time at the lake during the summer, catch my favorite local band at a show once in a while, and most of all spend time with my loves!
I am on day 6 of my ideal protein journey. I don't refer to it as a diet, because I see it as a life long change. Today has been a very stressful day so I have really found myself tempted to cheat.. But I'm standing strong and true and going to resist it all!!! I have my yummy faux taco salad (ground sirloin, lettuce, green peppers, & onion) waiting on me for dinner and a chocolate drink mixed with coffee for my snack.
My first weigh in is Monday and I am REALLY pumped!! =)

Hey, Mandi! Way to stand strong and NOT CHEAT! :bravo: Your dinner sounds fabulous, but (and DON'T stress over this now) don't forget to cook your green peppers before you eat them, but not your onions!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggiemagu (Post 3666296)
Today was WI #1 and I was down 6.7 pounds....YIPPIE!!! This is my first post but I have been reading your posts now for about a week, you all are amazing!!! Have a great IP evening.

Welcome Maggie to posting! What an awesome weigh-in! I know you'll love IP and being a part of this fabulous forum!

Quote:

Originally Posted by deelee10 (Post 3667924)
Hi - I've been at 3fc for a few months but started IP a week ago. I needed a more structured plan. Had my first weigh in today. I lost 4 1/2 lbs. I lost 2 1/2 the first day or so. Somehow I started thinking you were supposed to have 4 packets and a fifth one if necessary so I was having 4 packets a day all week. In the food journal I was given it has 4 spaces under the IP Diet Food column so that might have been why I got confused. Needless to say I wasn't hungry! I had been hoping for a larger loss but I haven't been able to lose 4 lbs in one week for decades so I'm pleased. I'm enjoying reading your stories and look forward to getting to know you.

4 pounds with 4-5 packets! Woo hoo! :carrot: I'm looking forward to getting to know you and watch you shrink along with the rest of us!

Quote:

Originally Posted by YankeeFan14040 (Post 3668406)
Hello,

My name is Kevin, I'm 32, married with 2 sons (1 of which is 2 weeks old!). I'm from Buffalo, NY and I work in Corrections and am in the Army. I turned to IP as a hope to lose my bodyfat that I've gained over the past 15 years or so. I am actually in jeopardy of getting kicked out of the Army. I've tried a few other diet plans, but I did not have much luck with them.

I joined this site because I was searching for help with cooking with IP products. I can see myself getting frustrated or bored with this diet with only eating the same things over and over again. Hopefully with the help from the rest of those posting in this area I can find the additional help and support that I haven't been able to find previously.

Welcome! Have you checked out the recipes thread? It's a sticky because it's pretty amazing; we also have a thread titled "Fun with IP Packets" that should give you some ideas. I've found it freeing to eat pretty much the same thing every day except for dinner, and I was a huge (literally, haha) variety person and love to cook. Now I just don't worry about it as much.

:thanks: for your service, and hopefully we'll be able to help you here!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ash825 (Post 3668435)
Hello! I've enjoyed hours of reading through these intros so I thought I would hop on board.

My name is Ashley. I'm 29 yrs old and I'm married with a 2 year old. My journey with weight began in grade school. I've always been heavy but active in sports. I have a strong relationship with my dad and learned self confidence early on so I didn't let my weight get to me much when I was younger.

In May of 2001 I was diagnosed with PCOS and insulin resistance. My weight continued to climb. I was near or over 225 all through high school. I met my now husband in 1999 and we did Body.For.Life and I got to 190 and felt amazing. Once the program was over, we laxed in to our old ways and I gained it all back.

I've yo-yo dieted for as long as I can remember: Weight Watchers, Southbeach, Medibolic Research Center, Slim Fast, Jenny Craig, diet pills. Nothing has ever "stuck". I heard about IP through a friend who lost 67 lbs in 12 weeks. My interest was peaked but $ is tight and I thought the program sounded horrible (sooo strict). Regardless, I decided that this is my time. I turn 30 this year, it was January so I wasn't competing with holidays, I can slim down by summer, etc etc. So, I jumped and did it.

I can truly say over these last 10 days my confidence in myself to do this program has grown each day. Now, I know this is my last diet. I am changing my life and not turning back. My PCOS has been so hard to deal with: infertility, weight, etc and I feel like I'm finally going to kick it's butt instead of it kicking mine.

Thanks for letting me join such a supportive community.

Hello, twin! Your story is so much like mine, and you'll find an amazing wealth of information, support, and sometimes tough love on here. This is really the best diet for PCOS/IR because we rest the pancreas and retrain the body to use sugar properly. Welcome, and I know you can do this!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lose100in11 (Post 3671039)
Well Hello! I am so excited to start this journey with you all. I am on day 6 of IP with my weigh-in tomorrow morning! I am nervous for tomorrow although I must say this is the first diet that I haven't cheated on in the first few days....yep....that is right! I haven't even licked my fingers after making non IP food for my hubby or 16 month old!!! It has been a difficult first week but after reading so many stories on here I am so motivated to keep going to lose 100 lbs!! I am also so happy to see you all post recipes...I am looking forward to making them!!

If anyone is reading this....I feel a little lost on this website....any help you can give would be great.

If anyone out there is also in their first week on IP, I would LOVE to talk to you and maybe we can help each other stay motivated!!

Well I am off to enjoy my chocolate pudding that I put in the freezer...maybe the freezer elves put some peanut butter cups in there....lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lose100in11 (Post 3671043)
Oh and my name is Jo. :)

Hiya Jo! You definitely CAN lose 100 pounds this year with IP! That's my goal, too, so I'd love to share our journey! ALL the great info on this site can be a bit overwhelming at first. My advice to you is to read all the daily thread posts as much as possible, get to know the people, and ask questions. You'll find most of what you need to know in the FAQ or Newbie sticky thread. There's a search tool at the top (and bottom I think) of each thread. If that doesn't work, sometimes I'll google my questions, i.e. "ideal protein measure veggies raw or cooked" (the answer is raw, by the way). Hope this helps and a big :congrat: on changing your life with IP!

lose100in11 01-24-2011 01:13 PM

GREAT news IP Friends!

First weigh in was this morning after 7 days on IP and drum roll please........I LOST 15 POUNDS!!!! I can't believe it either....I was so excited/shocked that I cried and so did my consultant/leader!! It was an amazing morning and I am so incredibly excited to keep with IP now! WE can do it IP friends!!!!! :D

I know that I probably wont lose 15 lbs next week from what people have told me but I am sure gonna try for it again! :)

Hope you all are having a wonderful Monday!!

QUESTION: How did you all get the weight tracker ticker at the bottom of your profiles??? Are they trackbacks??

JO

Joliebug82 01-24-2011 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lose100in11 (Post 3672502)
First weigh in was this morning after 7 days on IP and drum roll please........I LOST 15 POUNDS!!!! I can't believe it either....I was so excited/shocked that I cried and so did my consultant/leader!! It was an amazing morning and I am so incredibly excited to keep with IP now! WE can do it IP friends!!!!! :D

I know that I probably wont lose 15 lbs next week from what people have told me but I am sure gonna try for it again! :)

QUESTION: How did you all get the weight tracker ticker at the bottom of your profiles??? Are they trackbacks??

JO

Go Jo!!!! That's amazing! You need to post it to the daily thread! As for the ticker, you have to be a 3FC member for 20 days and make at least 20 posts, due to spammers and abuse. So happy for you!

Dimples1125 01-24-2011 05:30 PM

Self Introduction

Hello! My name is Jane. I am 28 years old. I am married (7/25/09) and work in corporate philanthropy. I currently weigh 228 lbs (gulp) and am 5'8". This is the most I have EVER weighed.

I have my first appointment for IP tomorrow at noon. I'm ready to go, and can't wait for it to get here so I can start the program. The timing couldn't be better, since my husband will be traveling this week, it will allow me to really grasp the program without all sorts of questions from him, and figure out ways to handle dinner time and weekends by myself before having to bring him up to speed on this.

So how did I get to 228 lbs? I blame it all on my husband! :p Just kidding! But I did start to pack on the pounds once we started dating. Isn't it strange, you work so hard to stay skinny so you can meet a guy, and then when you do you start to pack on the pounds...

I was a competitive swimmer from the third grade all the way through college. In college I swam 6 days a week, each practice was 2.5 hours long, and on M/W/F we had morning and afternoon practices. There was a ton of physical activity going on, and so I could eat and drink as much as I wanted and I still was a very firm and muscular 160 lbs. Looking back at college and high school photos I cannot believe how good I looked (not to sound vein)! But when I was in high school and college I always thought I was fat. I wansn't fat, I just wasn't 5'3" and a size 4. Anyway. Once I graduated college I took a desk job. Where I sat for 8 hours a day (and still do). I continued to eat like I did in college, and I started to date my now husband. Suddenly meeting up for drinks after work took priorty to working out, and my food tastes really expanded. I started to eat way more red meat, all sorts of cheese, tons of red wine and lots and lots of pastas (his family is Italian). I did a slow and steady climb from 160 lbs to 180s. I tried to lose weight through LA Weight Loss and WW. But I just lost interest, and it seemed to take forever to lose 1 lb. Then my weight crept up to the 200s. I got down to 190 for our wedding in 2009, and then packed on 10 lbs on our all-inclusive honeymoon. I gained another 20 pounds this last year - which like for most people - proved to be a very stressful year. I lost my grandma, who I was really close to, and it was the first "death" I experienced. My husband and I bought a house, a huge fixer, that has taken all of our time and money (but we LOVE it). And that is how I reached 220 + lbs. I hope through IP to get down to 160 (even a little less, since I don't have as much muscle as I did when I was training in college).

My hope is that I can one day - sooner rather than later - put on the outfit I wore when my husband and I went on our first date. I have this whole dream - of telling him to meet me afterwork at the place where we met, and I'll show up in the outfit that I met him in, and it will be amazing! So here's hoping that I'll get there by summer (since a sleeveless shirt would look silly in the winter!).

Well - less than 24 hours and I'll be at the doctors getting the low down on IP - to officially start on Wed. I'm toying with the idea of starting a blog. We did one for our house remodel. So I'll post the link if I decide to do a weightloss journey blog - I think it will help me stay a bit more focused if I post every night.

Thanks for creating this space on 3FC. I'll be a very regular vistor!

whisperingshouts 01-24-2011 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lose100in11 (Post 3672502)

JO

WAY TO GO!!!! Today was my first weigh in, I lost 10 lbs and 14 inches!! I was totally stoked!! Keep up the great work!!! :balloons:

whisperingshouts 01-24-2011 06:01 PM

Quote:

Hello,

:wel3fc:
I think the line of work (corrections) or law enforcement field in general is a GRAVE contributior to my weight gain.. I've been in dispatching for 7 years and have fluctuated soooo very much. This is the largest I have ever been, but I did have a baby 5 months ago.. So that could have something to do with it.. UGH!!! Any way, you aren't alone with the getting bored.. I find myself searching the recipes for something new and fun all the time!!! Havne't yet gotten to the point of being bored, but I feel it coming on very soon!!! Best of luck to you!

lase88 01-24-2011 11:16 PM

Quote:

Hello,

Welcome Yankee Fan14040. You will get an amazing amount of support here. I have been on IP for one month. I have lost 18 lbs. Most days it is pretty painless! LOL. I am in Idaho now but originally from Buffalo, I also work in Corrections as a nurse.

Mrs Diettrich 01-26-2011 10:32 PM

bump