Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 01:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Default IP Daily Chat Friday December 10, 2010

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

_____

Review yesterday's daily chat thread - Wednesday, December 8th, 2010

Last edited by showgirlaz; 12-11-2010 at 02:45 AM.
Old 12-10-2010, 03:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 191/IP185/185/140

Height: 5'3"

Hi all! I've been MIA for a while now. I originally started Ideal Protein back in late February/early March (I can't believe it has been that long!). I stayed on IP for about 10 weeks, lost 30lbs and then phased out for the summer as I was moving and going through a lot of life changes. I have tried to get back at it a couple of times this fall but haven't committed fully. I've maintained just fine and now I'm ready to get back on board and finish this thing. Starting today I'm really excited! 25 more lbs to go!

Lot's of new folks on here since I last logged in - nice to be here again! I think most everyone who was on phase 1 when I was is now well past phase 2/3. Congrats on all the fabulous losses! Here's to braving it during the holidays!
Old 12-10-2010, 06:10 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 187/157/160-revised to 150

Height: 66"

....TGIF !!! Why is it that the morning I can sleep a bit later because I am OFF work...I am awake at 5am ??

Weekends used to make me nervous on 'diets' because of the lack of schedule like weekdays....BUT...with my daughter on IP too...we get each other thru the days.....
by the way , she is not only my daughter, but my best friend !! We have been through many good and bad times together and we will lose our unwanted pounds together !! THANK YOU Jules26 for cheering me on and 'gently reminding' me NOT to skip IP packets....

I am headed to PAT's today ,then lunch w a friend.....

!!! HAVE A GREAT FRIDAY !!!
Old 12-10-2010, 06:26 AM   #4  
Restarted on 01/10/17

S/C/G: 212/212/123

Height: 5'1"

As of this morning, I've lost 55 pounds, so I begin Phase II today. I'm kind of nervous . . .

Happy Almost Weekend, everybody!
Old 12-10-2010, 07:34 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylew View Post
As of this morning, I've lost 55 pounds, so I begin Phase II today. I'm kind of nervous . . .

wow congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-10-2010, 07:37 AM   #6  

Just wanted to thanks everyone that passed information on to me yesterday and were so patient will ALL my 1000 questions.... I DID take on 2c of lettuce PLUS 2 c of veggies with my supper last night and during the evening I had NO growlies!!!! WHAT A CONCEPT ! I will make SURE i incorporate 2 salads per day, and brought extra lettuce for mid morning for today.... I am down 2 POUNDS since yesterday !!!!!!!!! I am so happy........... I just assumed that everyone here was on a very low cal count like I was.... Obviously I was wrong! Thank you all again, and hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
Old 12-10-2010, 07:43 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 137/127/115

Height: 5ft3"

Quote:

That's amazing!! You must be so proud! Congrats
Old 12-10-2010, 07:51 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 137/127/115

Height: 5ft3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
Just wanted to thanks everyone that passed information on to me yesterday and were so patient will ALL my 1000 questions.... I DID take on 2c of lettuce PLUS 2 c of veggies with my supper last night and during the evening I had NO growlies!!!! WHAT A CONCEPT ! I will make SURE i incorporate 2 salads per day, and brought extra lettuce for mid morning for today.... I am down 2 POUNDS since yesterday !!!!!!!!! I am so happy........... I just assumed that everyone here was on a very low cal count like I was.... Obviously I was wrong! Thank you all again, and hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Glad to hear that you got things all sorted out. You must have been starving before on such low calories...no wonder the PB was calling your name...lol
Have you ever heard of Walden Farms? Its a company in Montreal that has all kinds of IP friendly food items. 0 cals/0 at/0 sugar.....crazy eh? I just ordered me some dip for my veggies, ketchup, salad dressing and some chocolate syrup. Can't wait to try them. .....Oh and brace yourself , they also have peanut butter, yup you heard me peanut butter 0/0/0/. Check it out!
waldenfarms.ca
Old 12-10-2010, 08:27 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn2010 View Post
Glad to hear that you got things all sorted out. You must have been starving before on such low calories...no wonder the PB was calling your name...lol
Have you ever heard of Walden Farms? Its a company in Montreal that has all kinds of IP friendly food items. 0 cals/0 at/0 sugar.....crazy eh? I just ordered me some dip for my veggies, ketchup, salad dressing and some chocolate syrup. Can't wait to try them. .....Oh and brace yourself , they also have peanut butter, yup you heard me peanut butter 0/0/0/. Check it out!
waldenfarms.ca
awesome !!!!!!!!! yes we found a jam my boyfriend purchased... checked today, it IS Walden Farms! ......it was 0/0/0 but he was not crazy about the taste. He is picky tho LOL.... now, if it is all those zeros.......what is the quantity you can have?
Old 12-10-2010, 09:01 AM   #10  
CBG

S/C/G: 196/163/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckanable View Post
Hi all! I've been MIA for a while now. I originally started Ideal Protein back in late February/early March (I can't believe it has been that long!). I stayed on IP for about 10 weeks, lost 30lbs and then phased out for the summer as I was moving and going through a lot of life changes. I have tried to get back at it a couple of times this fall but haven't committed fully. I've maintained just fine and now I'm ready to get back on board and finish this thing. Starting today I'm really excited! 25 more lbs to go!

Lot's of new folks on here since I last logged in - nice to be here again! I think most everyone who was on phase 1 when I was is now well past phase 2/3. Congrats on all the fabulous losses! Here's to braving it during the holidays!
Great job on maintaining throughout the summer and fall. Sounds like you are committed to losing those last few lbs ...and it's probably a great idea to do it over the holidays. Instead of weight gain...a weight loss. Good luck and welcome back.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:06 AM   #11  

Just ordered the Walden Farms choc syrup, pb and mayo.... will try the mayo with the canned tuna that Carla mentioned we can have. YUM
Old 12-10-2010, 09:06 AM   #12  
CBG

Quote:

Congratulations! Don't be nervous. Phase II is easy. I was going to phase out over the holidays but have had a change of mind. I am now just staying on phase II - my weight loss for this past week was actually higher than the previous weeks while on phase I. Enjoy the change and the mini freedom from an IP package Good luck!
Old 12-10-2010, 09:14 AM   #13  
CBG

Happy Friday Everyone! Hope you all have a terrific IP weekend coming up. I am enjoying Phase II. Being able to choose an additional protein without relying on an IP package is somehow liberating for me and is showing me that I am in control of what goes in my mouth!
Our staff Christmas party is tonight and I'm actually looking forward to it. The chips, dips and other goodies are no longer calling my name. Now, if only I could say that about a nice glass of red wine!!! But with only 2 more WI's before Christmas...I am thinking I will behave myself.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:25 AM   #14  
Started IP Oct 11,2010

S/C/G: 229.8/181/147

Height: 5.4"

Good Morning!!

Well I know what I will be having today for IP meals.... all hot beverages!!

BBbrrrr it is currently a chilly -28.

Have a great weekend.

Thanks for all the information you all pass on it surely is helpful.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:29 AM   #15  
Kimi

S/C/G: 211.5/148.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Good morning everyone,
Well it is too soon to tell if this experiment is an ongoing success. But a friend told me that drinking a warm glass of water with lemon would speed up WL and our coach said that putting cayenne pepper in it as well boosts your metabolism for the day. I tried it yesterday, not that good except for the lemon but I lost 1.5lbs. That would be nice if it kept up. I'll keep you posted! Have a good frideay everyone!!
Closed Thread