Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 01:51 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 212.5/173/137

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamadancer View Post
So, I have a question - I've noticed a few people mentioning decaf coffee and "giving up" caffiene...why? My coach has never told me caffiene was off-limits and my protocal sheet says coffee/tea with no mention of decaf. What is your experience?
I gave up caffeine because in my sunny youth I never needed coffee for energy, and I felt I had become addicted, as much to the taste as the so-called energy boost. So I wanted to see what life was like without it. And what better time to make the change, than when I was altering my intake anyway?

My experience was that it took about 3 weeks to get my energy back, and now I don't miss it at all. I did have brain fog for about the first two weeks; it was pretty uncomfortable. But along the way it became apparent that one of the most important aspects was the ritual of sitting down at the computer with my iced coffee and reading my email to start the day.

Now I do it with an iced Chocolate Drink, and the ritual leaves me feeling GOOD instead of with the jitters, and that low-sugar crash never comes two hours later.
Old 11-12-2010, 02:00 PM   #32  
Started IP 6/23/10

S/C/G: 236.6/193/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyCrewzer View Post
Who would have ever thought my big birthday cheat would be extra meat??????
Ah, I wouldn't say that was much of a cheat. Kind of like having an extra protein packet. At least you didn't have the cake.

A few months ago I was starving and there was nothing that was going to stop me at only 5oz. of my steak. I ate way more than that. When I told my coach he said that extra protein wasn't going to kill me. You'll be fine.
Old 11-12-2010, 02:22 PM   #33  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
[B]
For Birthdays here at work, we have a big carry-in. So, there are cakes, cookies, cheese cake, candies, fruit, veggies, cheese, sausages in BBQ sauce, and crackers etc..... Not even tempted! But, a great friend heard me talk about the Big Mac in a Bowl and how good it was. Well, she brought all of the ingredients in today for the carry-in. I didn't have the nerve to tell her that I can't have the meat at lunch. So, I just thanked her and just had some for lunch! DH is taking me out for dinner tonight so I will probably have chicken or fish. I feel so guilty like I just ate some cake and cookies. Who would have ever thought my big birthday cheat would be extra meat??????

I wouldn't consider extra protien a "cheat". Congrats on resisting the rest!
Old 11-12-2010, 03:16 PM   #34  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

pjay: I don't know about you but the first week after running daycare all day I was exhausted!
Old 11-12-2010, 05:31 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 207/194/125

Height: 5'4

Today has been a little tough. I have stuck to the IP program except I ate two restricted, which will be a total of 4 packets by end of day. I just want to eat so I thought instead of grabbing something off of the program I would have something within the program. I know it is because I am stressing over a family member coming to visit me for a few days. I just need to move forward.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:46 PM   #36  
Dave - The Speedo King

Quote:
A great friend heard me talk about the Big Mac in a Bowl and how good it was. Well, she brought all of the ingredients in today for the carry-in. I didn't have the nerve to tell her that I can't have the meat at lunch. So, I just thanked her and just had some for lunch! DH is taking me out for dinner tonight so I will probably have chicken or fish. I feel so guilty like I just ate some cake and cookies. Who would have ever thought my big birthday cheat would be extra meat??????
This is what my coach and I refer to as a "Phase 2 Day." My advice is not to worry about it. You're still in Ketosis in Phase 2. And you still lose weight in Phase 2. The only difference between Phase 1 and Phase 2 is that you replace a protein packet with 5 oz. of lean meat. Because the lean meat has more calories than the protein packet, you won't burn the same amount of fat. But one "Phase 2 Day" is not going to be much of a setback. Enjoy your birthday and don't let this worry you too much.

Last edited by salesgod; 11-12-2010 at 05:46 PM.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:48 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'3"

Hi Everyone,
Today was tough...no weight loss during week 3 of phase 1. Didn't do anything different on the diet, except for extreme family stress and lack of sleep. My coach said, "That'll do it!" Something about going into defensive/survival mode and the body slows down. And sleeptime is when we regenerate. Well, I guess I had enough adrenaline and stress hormone coursing thru my bloodstream this past week to fill an army barrack.
All I can do is try to calm down. Extra walks, stroll thru the farmers market tomorrow and try to let go of todays results. It won't help me get there any faster if I hold on to anger and disappointment.
Thanks for listening. This group is great and I think I would have turned around and quit if you weren't here.
Old 11-12-2010, 06:39 PM   #38  
IP Success Story

S/C/G: 345.6 / 249 / 250

Height: 6 foot

Hey Everyone,

I have been on IP for a week now and I am going to bring my wife out to dinner for our Anniversary. This will be the first time for me eating out since starting any suggestions what I should have or do. We are going to my wifes favorite restaurant the Sawmill.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:10 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by couts71 View Post
Hey Everyone,

I have been on IP for a week now and I am going to bring my wife out to dinner for our Anniversary. This will be the first time for me eating out since starting any suggestions what I should have or do. We are going to my wifes favorite restaurant the Sawmill.
check the eating out sticky. Lots of good info. For me, just what I do, when i eat out.
steak or chicken grilled not marinate
extra veggies instead of potato
and of cour salad, I bring my own dressing, much to the dismay of some of my friends haha.
I have found most every restaurant to be very willing to work with me.
Enjoy!
let us know how it goes.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:23 PM   #40  

I had a really nice NSV today -- probably the best one someone losing weight could have. At work I looked at myself in the mirror, and caught myself thinking, "I love the way my body looks." Funny how these moments just sneak up on me.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:37 PM   #41  
I see the light....

S/C/G: 204.6/191.4/155

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila1971 View Post
pjay: I don't know about you but the first week after running daycare all day I was exhausted!
I am beat Sheila.... I am so thankful that the work week is done.... My first week on IP and no school 3 days of it............. Made a deal with my 5 kids tonight.... I pay for them to go to the hockey game (I get 2.5 hours quiet time) and they do the house work tomorrow (more R&R for me)..... Somehow I think it's all worth the $54.......... I am happy to report I have successfully made it through day 5
Old 11-12-2010, 07:40 PM   #42  
on IP since 10/4/10

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
I had a really nice NSV today -- probably the best one someone losing weight could have. At work I looked at myself in the mirror, and caught myself thinking, "I love the way my body looks." Funny how these moments just sneak up on me.
yeah!!! THAT is the best NSV possible! Being happy with your own body! I mean, how many people can say that????
Old 11-12-2010, 08:04 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJay View Post
Good Morning..... I'm on day 5 of IP.... Just trying a V pudding in my coffee (not bad) ....... I am feeling very sleepy, haven't slept well the last two nights... But I have been told about an amazing energy that I should soon have..... I am SO looking forward to it. As I'm sure my kids are...lol

I run a home daycare and there isn't school today. So, I will have 8 daycare kids here plus my own 5. (mine are all 10-15 though) Hoping to do some fun wintery crafts with them as we actually have a blanket of white in the yard now.

Hope everyone has a great Friday and a wonderful weekend.
I only had a day or two of huge energy, but I also work crazy hours and have good days and bad days. After the first 6 - 10 days, you will feel much better, energy burst or not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
Its friday and I'm so glad...my body is going thru some wonderful changes, I went thru my closet yesterday and I have stacks of clothes..that was actually so much fun...another 5-8 lbs and I have a few more things to wear..I bought these and never got to wear them..so they are all new...
Ideal Protein for me as been a life saver...I am feeling so very happy with my loss showing and my body moving better...Now I'm going to add more exercise to tone this body of mine up...
Congrats! That is an amazing feeling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal88 View Post
I lost 30 pounds! Haven't been able to do this with any other program! Yay, yay, and more yay!!! (Tastes much better than junk food, lol.)
Awesome job! Keep it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tle1103 View Post
Good morning IP friends. I am going to take one day at a time. I did well yesterday until the evening. It is so easy to fall back into old habits. I know that I have always turned to food for comfort. I must turn this around. I have worked to hard to turn back now.
Have a good day,
tle
It is hard to turn around and not fall on old habits. I had my reality check when I got on the scale this morning and saw a no loss week! Keep it up! We can do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babsnwv View Post
Sorry, just had to do it - my kids didn't say anything to me this morning and my fav person at work seems to have forgotten, but that's ok! I feel pretty good.

Had a meeting of the minds and have decided to go another way over the holidays. IP has been great, but it's getting too pricey with all the other prior obligations I have. I must prioritize. I'm looking into alternatives, like Lindora. I don't want to lose my momentum, but I have to look at other ways of doing this. I wanted to keep buying one box a week and have a drink in the mornings, but was told that the clinic is not a grocery store.

My scales this morning said 189.2 - I'm still walking and using my husband's weight system. I hope to continue this trend during the next few months.

Any advice??

Thanks for listening.

Barbara Ann

Hope you had an amazing day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamadancer View Post
So, I have a question - I've noticed a few people mentioning decaf coffee and "giving up" caffiene...why? My coach has never told me caffiene was off-limits and my protocal sheet says coffee/tea with no mention of decaf. What is your experience?
I never gave up coffee, however, I started drinking half and half caffeine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenmimi View Post
P.S. a NSV... I fit into my "skinny" jeans this am! With a muffin top, but still, haven't been able to even get them past my thighs in years! woot woot!
YES YES YES! Awesome feeling huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnymae View Post
Hi Everyone,
Today was tough...no weight loss during week 3 of phase 1. Didn't do anything different on the diet, except for extreme family stress and lack of sleep. My coach said, "That'll do it!" Something about going into defensive/survival mode and the body slows down. And sleeptime is when we regenerate. Well, I guess I had enough adrenaline and stress hormone coursing thru my bloodstream this past week to fill an army barrack.
All I can do is try to calm down. Extra walks, stroll thru the farmers market tomorrow and try to let go of todays results. It won't help me get there any faster if I hold on to anger and disappointment.
Thanks for listening. This group is great and I think I would have turned around and quit if you weren't here.
I am on WI #6, I had a zero loss week this week. I am bummed, but also look at what I have accomplished so far! I know where I screwed up, and will try again next week!

Quote:
Awesome to love yourself AND the body its in! What a great NSV!!!

Well, I had WI#6 this morning. I am up 0.1 pound, and down 4 1/2 inches. I am bummed, but know that I am my own worst enemy. I have had a pretty significant traumatic event, a tonne of extra work, and snacking weaknesses presenting themselves to me. While I have not out right ate a chocolate bar or a bag of chips, or a loaf of bread (even though I thought I might kill for the chance!) I did have a taste of this and a taste of that and a bite of that, and I ruined things this week, I am sure of that!
So onto next week! I can't change last week!

Have a great weekend!

Susan
Old 11-12-2010, 08:14 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Well, I had WI#6 this morning. I am up 0.1 pound, and down 4 1/2 inches. I am bummed, but know that I am my own worst enemy. I have had a pretty significant traumatic event, a tonne of extra work, and snacking weaknesses presenting themselves to me. While I have not out right ate a chocolate bar or a bag of chips, or a loaf of bread (even though I thought I might kill for the chance!) I did have a taste of this and a taste of that and a bite of that, and I ruined things this week, I am sure of that!
So onto next week! I can't change last week!

Have a great weekend!

Susan[/QUOTE]

congrats on the 4 1/2 inches that is great. Ultimately inches is what we are going for. That is what people see.......how many people see the number on the scale besides you.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:37 PM   #45  

Quote:
Love it!!!..

hugs
Closed Thread