3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat - Thur. 11 Nov. 2010 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/217146-ip-daily-chat-thur-11-nov-2010-a.html)

EatAnts 11-11-2010 06:31 AM

IP Daily Chat - Thur. 11 Nov. 2010

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!
:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

tle1103 11-11-2010 06:45 AM

Good morning,
I hope to get back on plan today. I am going to take it one day at a time. It has been rough over the last couple of months. As most of you know, we lost my dad on Sunday. His funeral was yesterday. I know that I need to take care of myself and that he would be very proud of what I have accomplished so far. I hope to be there for my family, especially my mom. We are a strong and close family. I have been blessed in many ways. Thank you all for your support and encouragement through this time.
Tina Lou

Mariann 11-11-2010 06:59 AM

Tina

I am sorry for your loss, hang in there you can do it!:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

Mariann

Coastalcrafter 11-11-2010 07:15 AM

The antibiotic I'm taking,has giving me very weird dreams.. I woke up with a scare, I dreamt my hair was all chopped up and standing out like a porcipine- really short on top and chin length bob the rest- ugh! it looked awful! And to make it worse I was 400 pounds-yup I saw myself in my nightmare like that! And because I am vertically challenged, I coud hardly move at that weight..wow.. frightening.....

Coastalcrafter 11-11-2010 07:27 AM

I just found this site- not sure if it's been posted before.. maybe it could be added to the first page of the day daily?......very helpful

http://nutritiondata.self.com/

calebs grandma 11-11-2010 07:29 AM

Today I stepped on my home scale to find that I have reached my initial goal of 155!!!!!!! My scale weighs 2 pounds heavier than the scale at the clinic, so I am hopeful that tomorrow's WI will be a good one.

However, now that I'm "here," I feel like I could stand to lose another 10 pounds -- so I won't be on Phase 2 for awhile. I'm hoping this last ten goes quicker than the ten pounds before.

I'm wondering if it's common to revise your goal downward? When I picked 155, I wasn't really sure I'd ever get there. I'd be extremely happy to hit 145 before the end of the year.

Coastalcrafter 11-11-2010 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calebs grandma (Post 3563517)
Today I stepped on my home scale to find that I have reached my initial goal of 155!!!!!!! My scale weighs 2 pounds heavier than the scale at the clinic, so I am hopeful that tomorrow's WI will be a good one.

However, now that I'm "here," I feel like I could stand to lose another 10 pounds -- so I won't be on Phase 2 for awhile. I'm hoping this last ten goes quicker than the ten pounds before.

I'm wondering if it's common to revise your goal downward? When I picked 155, I wasn't really sure I'd ever get there. I'd be extremely happy to hit 145 before the end of the year.

That is so awesome!!! Yes I put my goal higher than I want to be cause who knows if I'll ever get there- BUT when I do , I need to lower it 20 more pounds.... your doing great!

joellio 11-11-2010 07:41 AM

Tina I am so sorry for your loss.

Love the vertically challenged comment! That is definatly me too! Love it! Well had a bowling night with my daughter last night! It was a bring a parent night for her league. It was fun haven't done that in a long time! We didn't kick *** but we did do pretty good! I was a little rusty... the first ball I threw I almost face planted! LOL less then graceful but I got better by the second game! All and all lots of fun!

Mariann 11-11-2010 07:43 AM

Great Job!!! This diet is amazing. I feel the same about my goal. I set an initial goal that I hope to get to but I would really like to lose 20 additional pounds.

Good luck, your doing great!

amylew 11-11-2010 07:53 AM

I'm now in "normal" BMI! Woohoo!

JudoGirl 11-11-2010 07:54 AM

Yesterday was my forth weigh in and I'm down another 3 lbs...
I was so excited...that is 25lbs total....I feel with this life change
I can really make this happen..I have hope for the future...the most
important thing..is at my weight of 215 they still have me as obese..
but my BMI now is not a severe health risk its moderate...
I was so happy about that..I'm going down....

JudoGirl 11-11-2010 07:55 AM

I can't wait to get my own ticket tape....so I can show my weight loss

meandmax 11-11-2010 07:56 AM

has anyone done the alternate phase 1? does it work as well as the original phase 1. do you still have ip packets or do you substitute everything? I have ordered a lot from Nashua foods, but the cost is still killing me as both myself and my husband are following the diet. I've thought of going on alternative low carb diets...but i'm kind of scared to take the plunge as well as i'm not sure what is the best diet.....any thoughts from anyone?

iowahawkeyemom 11-11-2010 08:00 AM

I too have been thinking about my goal that I set when I started IP. I set it at 135 and thought to myself, that is too low for me. Now I'm thinking 142 instead of the 135 but who knows. As I lose the weight I realize my body has changed since high school. A lot! My clinic's charts say my ideal weight is 132.

I'm going to rethink my weight when I achieve the 145 pound mark and see h ow I feel then. I hope to be in the 140's before the first of the year and then might just go for that extra 10 pounds to lose. For now I have set my mini goal of 145 and will take it from there. Maybe with spring coming on then I will go for it.

Started thinking about needing a swimming suit for a winter get away. I will be able to look at different styles other than the tent look! YEAH!

SJackson 11-11-2010 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calebs grandma (Post 3563517)

Congrats on reaching your first goal, that is an awesome accomplishment!!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot: