IP Daily Chat - Tues. 9 Nov. 2010

You're on Page 1 of 7
Go to
  • Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
    NSV = Non-Scale Victory
    TOM = time of the month
    WI = Weigh-in
    WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
    Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
    Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
    There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
    • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
    • AND
    • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
    When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
    for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
  • Good grief, Sheila. What ungodly hour do you get up? Regardless, thanks over and over again for doing this. And good morning to you as I say good night.
  • Hey guys,

Just wanted to pop in and say I won't be doing IP for at least the next nine months. Found out Saturday that I'm pregnant! Due date is July 17, 2011. So, I'm gonna pack away my IP stuff and I'll see ya'll next year.
  • Quote: Hey guys,

Just wanted to pop in and say I won't be doing IP for at least the next nine months. Found out Saturday that I'm pregnant! Due date is July 17, 2011. So, I'm gonna pack away my IP stuff and I'll see ya'll next year.
    Congratulations!!!!!

~Michelle
  • Morning!

I started on Friday, November 12.

I'm currently doing the alternative version of IP and I am loving it!

I bought Calcium/Magnesium/Potassium supplements and a multi-vitamin liquid capsule at the health food store yesterday. I'm feeling great

This morning I am down 10 lbs! I don't care if it is all water weight - I'm happy and ridiculously motivated!

It took me almost 2 months to loose that much on my own "low cal" diet 2 years ago.

I tried the crispy turnip fries recipe for lunch yesterday - they were pretty much the opposite of crispy. I will try 2 cookie sheets next time so they aren't over loaded.

I'm gearing up for a trip to Philly for a Face Painting convention on Thursday - Sunday of this week. My biggest goal is to head out immediately and find the fresh veggies in the area and take them back to the room. I need to have a water bottle with me at all time too.

Thanks everyone for all of the support!

~Michelle

Congrats!!! How exciting!!

CONGRATS!!! Wishing you the smooth next 9 months.

Oh Congrats to you honey ! What a precious gift!! new life!!!
  • Congratulations, Leigh!

Congrats!!!

All the best wishes for you and your family!
  • Going for my WI today. Hoping it will be a good one.

I also tried the turnip fries and they were less than crispy, but they did taste good. I'm wondering about cooking them under a broiler instead of the oven, or a combination of both. I also tried mashed celeriac. I was pleasantly surprised. The celery taste was not overwhelming. I did not use cream or butter, but did use fresh garlic, salt and pepper.

I did not get a chance to try the WF peanut spread. (I think I am mentally putting it off as my initial taste was less than appetizing) I did make the crepe "crackers" and those were really good. I should have sprayed the foil with a little Pam, as I spent a lot of time peeling the foil from the bottom. The cauliflower "spanish rice" was very good. I made tacos and used lettuce leaves as my tortilla.

Congratualtions Leigh!!!! Very exciting news for you and your family.

Oooooh, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! I know you've been TTC for a while - this is wonderful news! Have a wonderful pregnancy and pop in every once in a while and let us know how things are going!

• oh no i missed the turnip fries..can someone give it to me..
  • Hi everyone! I had one heck of a reality check yesterday! I turned on my Wii which I had not touched for probably 4 months now. Figured I would do 20 minutes of Yoga. Well when I weighed myself I found that I was still 3 KG over what I was the last time I stepped on it... even with the 15 pounds I have lost in the last 3 weeks! Wow! I think I was in denial about how I had just let myself go in the last while... lots of personal crap and a slight situational depression! But holly crap! It is amazed the damage you can do to yourself in 4 months when you stop caring! Happy that I am getting things in percpective and like I said what a reality check. I think I must have spent the last 4 months never looking directly in the mirror.

I am definatly feeling so much better these days then I have in a long time.
  • Oh and congrats! A new baby is so exciting!!