IP Daily Chat - Tues. 9 Nov. 2010

You're on Page 5 of 7
Go to
  • Hi Everyone!

I am having a great day. I saw my doctor yesterday for the first month check up and he told me that because I have large bones and lots of lean muscle, he doesn't want me any smaller than 190lbs! Tee hee! It makes the goal a lot more attainable now! I got my motivation back! I was starting to allow minor slipups to creap in; a bite of one cracker, using 3ounzes of milk in my coffee and so on. I am now more motivated to do this diet properly. (I am still using some of the Proti thin products but I compared them to IP and they are a good match (I stick more or less to the soups, drinks and puddings).

On another note, I am prancing around work and I have that baggy thing going on in my work pants and my underwear keeps falling down! Whoo hoo! I can't wait to go underwear shopping for smaller sizes - Victoria's Secret, watch out!

Have a good evening everyone!

one dancing carrot for every 5 lbs lost:
  • Quote: Hi kcjohn, I have been on IP since the end of September and I am still not allowed any restricted items by my coach. I was told no in phase I. I have read that a lot of people use them in phase I here on the blog. So, not sure if that helped or not, but good luck!
    The sheet the most of us were provided is attach to this post as a PDF. Read all the way to the bottom about IP Protein Restricted items.

• Hi all! I am new to this site and just beginning my 3rd week on Ideal Protein. I am down 14 pounds and am very excited!!!

The WF Peanut Butter spread is not good alone, but mixed with a little of the WF Syrup, it is yummy!!
  • Quote: Hi kcjohn, I have been on IP since the end of September and I am still not allowed any restricted items by my coach. I was told no in phase I. I have read that a lot of people use them in phase I here on the blog. So, not sure if that helped or not, but good luck!
    Quote: So yesterday at my check in I got two conflicting statements from my clinic and I thought I'd throw it out to this group. I'm into my 7th week and unsure about how often I can have a restricted bar or ridges. When I first asked I thought he said once a day but then when I was leaving the meeting he said no more than 2X in one week. What's the general rule and then have people who have been on IP for a significant time period see they have better weight loss if they do stick to only 2X a day.
    On the Ideal Protein Phase 1 sheet it states:
    1 restricted per day with the exception of Hearty Beef Stew, & Spaghetti are a maximum of 2 times a week.

I've been allowed restricted since day 1. I went without any restricted for a couple weeks and my weight loss went down and my fatigue levels went up. Everyone is different on how they react to the products. Before starting IP I was working out 7 hrs a week at the gym and my coach thinks this is why having a restricted item a day seemed to help my energy levels and weight loss. My best suggestion is to test the waters yourself for a week or 2 and see what works best for you.
  • I have been working on a spreadsheet that has alternate and IP products listed, showing the calories, fat, carbs and protein for each item. I'd love to be able to share and collaborate on it. Here's the link:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...3c&hl=en#gid=1

I changed the link to one that EatAnts did, because it is WAY better and more detailed than mine. If anyone has any more alternative products that aren't listed, please add them to the spreadsheet! You can bookmark the spreadsheet so that you can go back to it at any time.

(I'm posting this down here so that people who have already read my first post will see this.)
  • Quote: I have been working on a spreadsheet that has alternate and IP products listed, showing the calories, fat, carbs and protein for each item. I'd love to be able to share and collaborate on it. Here's the link:

I changed the link to one that EatAnts did, because it is WAY better and more detailed than mine. If anyone has any more alternative products that aren't listed, please add them to the spreadsheet! You can bookmark the spreadsheet so that you can go back to it at any time.

(I'm posting this down here so that people who have already read my first post will see this.)
    PS. I think mine started out as I'm Sveltings IP product one and I just added the others...so she deserves some credit too
  • Hi Amy and Sheila,

Thanks for the links! Do I have to be a member of Google to open it?

Hi Natchamp, thanks for posting the Phase I sheet. I got the same sheet but was told no restricteds. I haven't had any yet, but I often think it would make life easier if I could just grab something like that when I'm running around and dinner will be late!!
  • Thanks everybody for your feedback. I have the sheet but really haven't referred to it in since my first few weeks so it was a good reminder that I actually can limit myself to one a day if I wanted. i think I'll test out one week not having any and another more often to see if there is any difference in weight loss. I just bought the new cheesy curls which are so good so I'm looking forward to having that tomorrow.
  • Im disappointed! I haven't started the program yet but joined the blog last week to get myself motivated...I was so excited for my dr's appointment for my consultation tomorrow morning and they just called and moved it to friday. Granted I've already waited a week for this appointment. Gosh I'm bummed!! I did print a lot of recipes today gonna try one tonight actually. Thanks for being so motivating everyone!! I can't wait to get started!
  • Quote: Im disappointed! I haven't started the program yet but joined the blog last week to get myself motivated...I was so excited for my dr's appointment for my consultation tomorrow morning and they just called and moved it to friday. Granted I've already waited a week for this appointment. Gosh I'm bummed!! I did print a lot of recipes today gonna try one tonight actually. Thanks for being so motivating everyone!! I can't wait to get started!
    I know how that feels! I'm sorry. But take this time to prepare yourself to start the diet. Eat your veggies, stick to lean meats, and no sugar or bread. This will make the first three days of the diet even easier. Stay hydrated. Don't use this time to eat all the sugar in the house. Boy, that will make the first three days even harder. If you work Monday through Friday it may be best to start the diet over the weekend. We are all very excited for you. Please be sure to post your first weeks loss.
  • You do not have to have a gmail account to view or modify the spreadsheet.

I would REALLY appreciate it if anyone who has additional information would add it to the spreadsheet. This will only work if it's a collaborative effort.
  • Quote: I have been working on a spreadsheet that has alternate and IP products listed, showing the calories, fat, carbs and protein for each item. I'd love to be able to share and collaborate on it. Here's the link:

I'm am unable to access to document. It says I'm restricted.
  • My first post!

I started IP on 9/15 and have lost 24.2 pounds. Weight in #8 is Friday.

To answer one of the previous poster's questions, my clinic allows 1 restricted item per day, but the chili, stew and spaghetti are restricted to no more than 1 or 2 per week.
  • Quote: I'm am unable to access to document. It says I'm restricted.
    I got the same thing. Restricted and unable to open the document.
  • Hello I just started the IP weight loss program and need to lose 100lbs. I have been reading all the posts and have been inspired to make this work for me and my family. I appreciate all the posts about the different things you can do mix things up and create new things by flavour profiling. I would like to know if adding crystal light to your water has effected anybody negatively or is it ok to use.