IP Daily Chat - Mon. 8 Nov. 2010

You're on Page 3 of 5
Go to
  • I posted a rant about my bathroom scale on a new thread, but can anyone give me a good recommendation for a good scale.

Thanks
  • Hi everyone! I am on week three and would like to start an exercise program. My coach told me to start slow, however she was very vague in her recommendations. I have a few options but I'm worried that with the small amount of calories, I do more harm than good to my body and even sabotage weight loss. I purchased a Pilates machine two months ago and started to use it three times a week, but since I started IP I haven't use it. Last year I purchased the Zumba videos, but I didn't stick with them. I also have an elliptical. I really don't like to exercise but I would like to try something I might stick with. I'm concerned that without exercise this program will stop working for me. Some coaches don't even recommend it but mine didn't say not to. Where should I start? Any suggestions?
  • Regarding the IP Reformulation and changes!
    I got an email today from my clinic in response to several questions I had about the major changes in products. She said:

"I spent the weekend with Ideal Protein, they have gotten quite a bit of negative feedback regarding the change in some of the products. What they have told us is they have to comply with the FDA and this will also help those dieters experiencing severe withdrawals. Those dieter’s who have had a diet made up of ‘sugars’ and ‘carbs’ are going through severe withdrawals and results in them falling completely off the diet. They have added some sugars and higher carbs to make it less painful, I have seen this also in many of our dieters over the course of the year. This will not deter weight loss. Our brains require a minimum amount of carbs daily to stay healthy while on a Protein diet. They have also added some dietary fiber to help with the digestive system, some dieters have had terrible bouts of Constipation while on the diet so this should help to alleviate that problem. There will be some other new changes in the future but it is all a positive thing to help the dieters transition to a healthier lifestyle without too much withdrawals. They are constantly looking to bring in new Products that taste good so we can offer a wide range of variety for all of you. They are bringing the Chocolate back that everyone has loved, this will be in early 2011. This new Chocolate Pudding is a Milk Chocolate Pudding and the previous was a Bittersweet Chocolate Pudding, we will be carrying both in the future."

They gave me a Choc Pudding w/ the new formulation to try but I am feeling very tentative. Anyway, good news on the scale today. Went through clothes in the closet again this weekend....moved many things to the pile that doesn't fit. I am going to have to go shopping soon!
  • Quote: Hi everyone! I am on week three and would like to start an exercise program. My coach told me to start slow, however she was very vague in her recommendations. I have a few options but I'm worried that with the small amount of calories, I do more harm than good to my body and even sabotage weight loss. I purchased a Pilates machine two months ago and started to use it three times a week, but since I started IP I haven't use it. Last year I purchased the Zumba videos, but I didn't stick with them. I also have an elliptical. I really don't like to exercise but I would like to try something I might stick with. I'm concerned that without exercise this program will stop working for me. Some coaches don't even recommend it but mine didn't say not to. Where should I start? Any suggestions?
    Coqui, go to the Exercise thread & read, read, read!.. lots of good info there... pay a lot of attention to deinekatze's & makeitmatter'sposts...

hugs
  • Hi Gang
    First week WI back on IP and drumroll please........9LBS! Although I am fully aware that a lot of that is water, I do not care, at least it is water weight off my body.
    IP works. This makes me feel better regarding the rest of my life when I am no longer on the program.

Short on time for the moment, but will pop back on later to respond to all of the news today
  • Quote: I got an email today from my clinic in response to several questions I had about the major changes in products. She said:

"I spent the weekend with Ideal Protein, they have gotten quite a bit of negative feedback regarding the change in some of the products. What they have told us is they have to comply with the FDA and this will also help those dieters experiencing severe withdrawals. Those dieter’s who have had a diet made up of ‘sugars’ and ‘carbs’ are going through severe withdrawals and results in them falling completely off the diet. They have added some sugars and higher carbs to make it less painful, I have seen this also in many of our dieters over the course of the year. This will not deter weight loss. Our brains require a minimum amount of carbs daily to stay healthy while on a Protein diet. They have also added some dietary fiber to help with the digestive system, some dieters have had terrible bouts of Constipation while on the diet so this should help to alleviate that problem. There will be some other new changes in the future but it is all a positive thing to help the dieters transition to a healthier lifestyle without too much withdrawals. They are constantly looking to bring in new Products that taste good so we can offer a wide range of variety for all of you. They are bringing the Chocolate back that everyone has loved, this will be in early 2011. This new Chocolate Pudding is a Milk Chocolate Pudding and the previous was a Bittersweet Chocolate Pudding, we will be carrying both in the future."

They gave me a Choc Pudding w/ the new formulation to try but I am feeling very tentative. Anyway, good news on the scale today. Went through clothes in the closet again this weekend....moved many things to the pile that doesn't fit. I am going to have to go shopping soon!
    Well, if the new formulations have more sugar and carbs to ease newbies into the plan, what about those of us who never ate a lot of sugar or carbs to begin with? That doesn't make any sense to me.
  • Thanks for the ideas. I've been snacking on lettuce with mustard on it. It helps a bit, but I'm used to eating so much and so horribly that I still feel deprived. I'm thinking that I'm going to try making the mushroom soup with some beef broth and ground hamburger served over the cauliflower "rice" and see if it tastes like beef stroganoff. :-)
  • Quote: I got an email today from my clinic in response to several questions I had about the major changes in products.
    I'm glad to see they've had the sense to add some fiber. It was just ridiculous for it not to be there in the first place. With over 1/2 our calories coming from IP products it's hard some days to get up to 15 grams of fiber, let alone the 25 we should be having, without eating excessive carbs -- the only complaint I've had with IP.
  • Hello everyone!!

I am down a total of 18.1 in 4 weeks!! yahooooo!!!

Just had to share my joy!!!

Have a great night
  • Quote: I got an email today from my clinic in response to several questions I had about the major changes in products. She said:

Quote: Well, if the new formulations have more sugar and carbs to ease newbies into the plan, what about those of us who never ate a lot of sugar or carbs to begin with? That doesn't make any sense to me.
    I'm not sure I agree with that logic either. The new formulations have more sugar and carbs to help with the withdrawals? Is the point to ease people into ketosis? I'm not sure how that's supposed to work. I guess it would just take longer to get in. And if you were already watching carbs and sugars before going on IP, then you shouldn't have a problem with the transition.

I've become a big fan of the chocolate pudding, but if it's been reformulated (and the reviews of the new stuff are dismal), then I guess I'll have to rethink that one.

Quote: I'm glad to see they've had the sense to add some fiber. It was just ridiculous for it not to be there in the first place. With over 1/2 our calories coming from IP products it's hard some days to get up to 15 grams of fiber, let alone the 25 we should be having, without eating excessive carbs -- the only complaint I've had with IP.
    I agree that it's a good thing to add the fiber. So that's a plus. It's a good thing I'm almost to my goal. And, for the record, the berry yogurt was absolutely disgusting from the first sip. So no loss there.
  • Quote: Good morning! Hope everyone had a great weekend and made it through without too many temptations!

I finally broke down to a new low weight, 29 pounds gone. I can feel hipbones. My arms don't fill out my sleeves like stuffed sausages either!
    Thin is going to taste sooo much better than any food indulgence.

On the more challenging side, I am thinking ahead to (American) Thanksgiving, and trying to decide what low carb dishes to prepare so I have a variety of choices. I am thinking of making mashed turnips in a way that tastes similar to mashed potatoes.

Any other suggestions?

For our Canadian Thanksgiving - we did mashed cauliflower and used one of the soup protein packets for the gravy... can you say Yumm O and still on protocol.. we also put mushrooms and broccoli together with Mrs Dash spice.. again mmmm...
  • Quote: Coqui, go to the Exercise thread & read, read, read!.. lots of good info there... pay a lot of attention to deinekatze's & makeitmatter'sposts...

hugs
    Thank you. I was reading in that site but it's so huge I got tired of reading. So far I've read posts from these two members and I have a lot of good info.
  • Quote:
    I spent the weekend with Ideal Protein, they have gotten quite a bit of negative feedback regarding the change in some of the products. What they have told us is they have to comply with the FDA and this will also help those dieters experiencing severe withdrawals. Those dieter’s who have had a diet made up of ‘sugars’ and ‘carbs’ are going through severe withdrawals and results in them falling completely off the diet. They have added some sugars and higher carbs to make it less painful, I have seen this also in many of our dieters over the course of the year. This will not deter weight loss.
    I cannot tell you how happy I am to have decided to transition off IP products. Seriously why not have an induction phase that tapers people to lower carb levels? People who have spent hundreds of dollars and months on the old product now can't get them because new people get the willies? </sarcasm, for now>

<moving into a rant> This reminds me of a store where I have shopped at for 30 years (one of two chains in Canada that carry clothes for tall women) that recently shifted its product line to appeal to teen and twenty-something shopper. They've been promoting the he|| out of the catalog -- daily email blasts and bi-weekly 32-page full colour mail outs. And ... guess what the clothing quality is G-A-R-B-A-G-E. Thanks for the respect shown to a long time customer! <end rant for now>

Quote:
    "Our brains require a minimum amount of carbs daily to stay healthy while on a Protein diet.
    Myth/"caca del toro"/fiction--pick your term but that's what this statement is. Ketones are the preferred fuel for the brain. Glucose metabolism in muscles and in the brain leaves by-products that either accumulate or need to be cleaned up using energy for something unnecessary. Ketones burn cleanly.
    Quote:
    They have also added some dietary fiber to help with the digestive system, some dieters have had terrible bouts of Constipation while on the diet so this should help to alleviate that problem.
    Easily addressed with coconut oil, vitamin C, mag citrate or psyllium husk. No need to add fiber if you have enough healthy fat. Or ummm, you know, follow the program and select and eat the fibrous vegetables.
    Quote:
    They are bringing the Chocolate back that everyone has loved, this will be in early 2011. This new Chocolate Pudding is a Milk Chocolate Pudding and the previous was a Bittersweet Chocolate Pudding, we will be carrying both in the future.
    I'll be interested to hear about the reviews of the Bittersweet chocolate pudding. I feel another rant coming on .... deep breath, and let it go.

Quote: I'm not sure I agree with that logic either. The new formulations have more sugar and carbs to help with the withdrawals? Is the point to ease people into ketosis? I'm not sure how that's supposed to work. I guess it would just take longer to get in. And if you were already watching carbs and sugars before going on IP, then you shouldn't have a problem with the transition.

I've become a big fan of the chocolate pudding, but if it's been reformulated (and the reviews of the new stuff are dismal), then I guess I'll have to rethink that one.

I agree that it's a good thing to add the fiber. So that's a plus. It's a good thing I'm almost to my goal. And, for the record, the berry yogurt was absolutely disgusting from the first sip. So no loss there.
    Disagree about the fibre (and the yogurt), but everything else? 100%

About the chocolate pudding -- see what you can do to score the old stuff. I grabbed what my clinic had on hand a few weeks ago.

Gotta go do some more deep breathing. Ommmm, Ommmm.
  • Progress photos
    I hate to ask again, but I cannot find the progress photos. Where are they? This used to be so easy and I looked at that thread daily for inspiration. Miss it!
  • Quote: I HATE when that happens! What a mess!
    And yes my mango peach was foamy and had little white floaters in it. It still tasted good but I would prefer no floaters!
    Thats my favorite drink to get rid of the foam and floaters shake then let sit then shake again. Usually after a minute or two the floaters dissolve.