IP Daily Chat - Mon. 8 Nov. 2010

You're on Page 2 of 5
Go to
  • tle1103 - I am praying for you and your family.
    tcswain - Keep it up!!! Great Job! Our family is gonna be full of hot chicks!! Wow you are right about packing around a sack of something that is as heavy as our weight loss, what a great idea!!

About the big "C" - I take 2 nova-lax which I get from my IP clinic everynight and I have no problem at all anymore. Even with all the veggies I still need that. As I have said before celery really helps me too! Eat a couple cups and see if it helps you too! My coach said if you need to clean out your system to buy a bottle of Magnesium Citrate and drink the whole thing and then it will really clean you out, which it does! Basically the same thing they give you before a colonoscopy. Stay close to the bathroom for hours if you do this, it truly does the job.

I haven't posted for a while as my husband took me to a wonderful island in the Caribbean for my birthday. I had phased off before I left as I had gone past my first and second goal weight. I ate, drank and totally enjoyed myself for 11 days and then came home did boot camp for 2 days and didn't gain an ounce!!!! I have never been so happy. I am in between a size 4 and 6 and I might try to lose 5 more because I still have a little tummy fat left. Everyone I know tells me how fantastic I look and I better not lose anymore. I have gotten are you sick and don't get anorexic too!! lol yeah right I love food too much for that to happen. After our vacation I am so excited for the simple fact that by being smart about how we eat we all will maintain our new fantastic weight and bodies!! I ate and drank what I wanted but I made totally different choices then I would have before IP. I feel so good, I remember how I felt eating all of those carbs. I am super carb sensitive and didn't even realize how bad I felt after eating potatoes, bread, sweats etc... I was always tired and my stomach hated me. But I was a comfort food kind of a girl and now I am NOT!!! Nothin tastes good enough for me to want to feel like that ever again. All of you newbies keep it up!!! You can do this!!

I hope everybody has a fantastic day and week!!!!
  • I have a bunch of questions but first I want to say I'm sorry for your loss both to tle1103 and celebs grandma.

Ok so here goes...

1) Wheatgrass - anyone know the story on this? I was told a 1 oz shot of it = 2lb leafy greens. So I was wondering if we could sub this for veggies?

2)Black Forest Cake Mousse - Found this in the recipe thread and sounds aweseome!!! The ingredients are this though...
    * 4 scoops Chocolate ISOFLEX Protein Powder
    * Sugar-free Cherry flavored JELL-O Powder
    * 1 cup boiled water
    * 1 cup ice
    So can we sub a protein packet for the protein powder or is this a big no-no?

3) Has anyone heard from Carla? Last I heard she was sick, anyone know if she's ok? I really hope she's better.

4) Has anyone been told to diversify their veggies more?

Well, I guess there were less questions than I first thought. Hopefully you guys know the answers. Oh! Have to mention I tried the mock "Baked Apple" using zucchini and it was fabulous! YUM!!!
  • Good morning, everyone!
    It's another beautiful day here in Chicago. I'm ready to continue week three on IP. I'm still motivated, but I'm known for not having much will power. So far so good. I think the difference is that the program is easy to follow and that I'm seeing quick results. With previous diets it took me more that three weeks to loose 2 pounds, so I got discouraged easily. This site is very helpful too. Thanks for all you share!

Have a nice day and God bless you all!
  • Good Morning Everyone!
    Started the monday out here in New England cold and snowy!! BRRRR!!
    I don't mind it looks beautiful!! Hope everyone had a great weekend and stayed on track. I made the buffalo chicken wraps last night (used romaine instead of bib lettuce) DELICIOUS!!!! Def will be making them again and passed the recipe onto a friend. My husband ate them as well!! Success!!
  • So I just received the results from my pregnancy test and they were negative. I'm a little sad because I was almost certain that I was, but I guess everything has a reason even if we don't know what it is. That means I can now start IP as originally planned which is also pretty exciting!
  • Quote: I have a bunch of questions

1) Wheatgrass - anyone know the story on this? I was told a 1 oz shot of it = 2lb leafy greens. So I was wondering if we could sub this for veggies?

2)Black Forest Cake Mousse - Found this in the recipe thread and sounds aweseome!!! The ingredients are this though...
    * 4 scoops Chocolate ISOFLEX Protein Powder
    * Sugar-free Cherry flavored JELL-O Powder
    * 1 cup boiled water
    * 1 cup ice
    So can we sub a protein packet for the protein powder or is this a big no-no?

3) Has anyone heard from Carla? Last I heard she was sick, anyone know if she's ok? I really hope she's better.

4) Has anyone been told to diversify their veggies more?
    1 - Wheatgrass - 2 suggestions:
    (a) check a nutritional site and compare against lettuce or spinach
    (b) skip it -- eating the entire vegetable is much better for you than the juice.

2 - Black forest mousse: see (a) above and compare the ratios against an IP pudding, if the values are close, I might try it. Again, it's at your own risk. IP weight loss is only "guaranteed" when consuming IP products and following the Phase guidelines.

3 - Carla - I haven't seen her online either.

4 - Nope!

Quote: I haven't posted for a while as my husband took me to a wonderful island in the Caribbean for my birthday. I had phased off before I left as I had gone past my first and second goal weight. I ate, drank and totally enjoyed myself for 11 days and then came home did boot camp for 2 days and didn't gain an ounce!!!!

... I am super carb sensitive and didn't even realize how bad I felt after eating potatoes, bread, sweats etc... I was always tired and my stomach hated me. But I was a comfort food kind of a girl and now I am NOT!!! Nothin tastes good enough for me to want to feel like that ever again.
    on a VERY successful vacation! It must be nice to know you can manage to make good choices in the face of so many (former?) temptations.
    Quote: Today is my wedding anniversary! Married 8 years to the most wonderful supportive man in the world. We're going out to a french restaurant tonight. I'm going to look up the online menu now and plan what I should have to stay on track. I might have to have 1 glass of wine to celebrate though.
    Happy Anniversary!
    Quote: On the more challenging side, I am thinking ahead to (American) Thanksgiving, and trying to decide what low carb dishes to prepare so I have a variety of choices. I am thinking of making mashed turnips in a way that tastes similar to mashed potatoes.
    Check out the Holidays ahead! thread

Quote: I am climbing back on the wagon after a couple slip ups this weekend. ... hopefully getting back in the groove won't take long.
    Sorry to hear about the slips. Focus on following the program for your next meal, then the next meal, etc. Soon you'll be saying what slip!
  • I just started the diet this past wednesday and I ended up getting sick the next day. For some reason my cold is getting worse instead of better, which is super annoying. On top of that its my tom :/
    I wanted to try the mango peach shake and the lid wasnt on right for the shaker anyways everythign went everywhere...the shake was really good, but i found that it didnt mix very well. has anyone else had that problem?
  • Quote: I just started the diet this past wednesday and I ended up getting sick the next day. For some reason my cold is getting worse instead of better, which is super annoying. On top of that its my tom :/
    I wanted to try the mango peach shake and the lid wasnt on right for the shaker anyways everythign went everywhere...the shake was really good, but i found that it didnt mix very well. has anyone else had that problem?
    I HATE when that happens! What a mess!
    And yes my mango peach was foamy and had little white floaters in it. It still tasted good but I would prefer no floaters!
  • G'day Everyone
    Well I got thru the weekend at my country cabin for the first time since I started IP 2 weeks ago. My challenge was that the weekend place usually equalled martini's and ice cream, so I was a little anxious the first night, but stayed on track. I'm staying up for a few days and seem to have reclaimed this space as one more place where I can stay focused and not be tempted, even by my partying friends....one day at a time. It's the only way I can do this. Thanks to all your encouraging posts :0)
  • Well I'm on my 3rd day. It had surprisingly been a lot easier today. I guess now that I'm back at work I have stuff to take my mind off of the food. Before I started this diet, I ate A LOT and now I'm hardly eating anything - it's really really hard. I'm hoping that my body get used to this smaller amount of food and soon.
  • Quote: G'day Everyone
    Well I got thru the weekend at my country cabin for the first time since I started IP 2 weeks ago. My challenge was that the weekend place usually equalled martini's and ice cream, so I was a little anxious the first night, but stayed on track. I'm staying up for a few days and seem to have reclaimed this space as one more place where I can stay focused and not be tempted, even by my partying friends....one day at a time. It's the only way I can do this. Thanks to all your encouraging posts :0)
    This has been the hardest thing for me too, not having a glass of wine with dinner, or going out every couple of weekends for drinks with friends. But I've stuck to it, and 5 weeks later I'm halfway to my goal, how cool is that??? Keep at it, it'll be worth it!
  • Quote: Well I'm on my 3rd day. It had surprisingly been a lot easier today. I guess now that I'm back at work I have stuff to take my mind off of the food. Before I started this diet, I ate A LOT and now I'm hardly eating anything - it's really really hard. I'm hoping that my body get used to this smaller amount of food and soon.
    It does take a little bit of time to get used to, but your stomach ends up shrinking to where you won't desire as much food as you used to. This weekend I went to a Mongolian grill where normally I'd have two plates packed full of food, but this time I could barely finish my 3/4 full first plate! Kinda crazy huh?
  • dont forget that you can eat as much lettuce as you want, which will help to fill you up im also finding that if you spread out your veggies throughout the day and use them as mini snacks that help to keep the hunger at bay. hope this help!
  • Third week - weigh in - lost 3.5 lbs and 3 inches. Total of 10.8 lbs and 17 inches. So excited! All my clothes are starting to feel loose on me. That makes me
  • Hi all, first off, I'm so sorry for your loss tle1103, I have you in my thoughts and prayers. Stay strong during this time, you deserve it!

I feel like I'm being so naughty right now, I just got some WF Caramel syrup and put that with my splash of vanilla drink and some cinnamon in my coffee, and WOW! I don't know why I paid $4 each time for one of these! Tastes very similar. So glad.

Second....I had my WI this morning and I thought I wasn't doing that good this week since first week I was down 7 pds, second week down 8, well this week I was down 4 pounds!! That makes it 19 pounds in 3 weeks! WOW. I feel amazing. Now why was I down last week wanting crap food that used to make me feel sick to my stomach and feeling of remorse...(just like that commercial, I'll have a side of saddle bags and bloated feeling ) By the way, I never did cheat when I was wanting too. I don't want to going back to feeling like that, so if I ever get down again, please smack me, HARD, and tell me to remember how good this feels. Any ways, you all have a wonderful Monday. Peace out.