Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 05:33 PM   #31  
Skinny girl in training

S/C/G: H 336 Start IP 292/236/170

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by shindabug View Post
Hi, i just started the diet, 3rd day. im really bored with my veggies, there doesnt seem to be much choice and im finding it difficult to eat 4 cups everyday. does anyone have any adviceÉ

The best thing to do is read through the recipe thread. I do a salad every day for lunch with a different WF dressing to mix it up. I add in radishes, zucchini, cucumber, celery, spinach and green peppers for my two cups. At night I either do the chicken stir fry, big mac in a bowl, tukey burger wrapped in lettuce with a salad, or a taco salad with the IP chili. Mix it up and get creative. It's funny we can eat pizza three nights a week no problem, but having vegetables twice a day is hard! I guess I should say the first month it's hard, I love my vegetables now! Which is amazing because I used to be the pickiest eater. The only veggies I ate before were carrots, green beans, corn, carrots, celery, peas and lettuce. Most of these are not allowed so I didn't think I'd last on the diet. But now I love cucumbers, zucchini (my new favorite veggie!), baby okra, cauliflower, turnips, radishes, green peppers, spinach, and bean sprouts! Oh and use spices in everything! It really changes up the flavors, especially with the vanilla pudding. Some days I put in cinnamon, some days nutmeg, some days caramel... etc
Old 11-06-2010, 05:36 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Hi, i just started the diet, 3rd day. im really bored with my veggies, there doesnt seem to be much choice and im finding it difficult to eat 4 cups everyday. does anyone have any adviceÉ
It gets easier. I promise. The first week is hard, then the veggies get easy, the ideas start coming, read the recipes, it becomes very easy. You will be fine, and will find tonnes of support here.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:37 PM   #33  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyeQueLoca View Post
About how much do you all spend a week on IP and the food for your dinners? I noticed when I talk to the people I know on IP they never really talk about the price like its almost too much to mention. I even asked my soon-to-be coach and he didn't really give me a straight forward answer. I am guessing $120/week?
My costs average about $81.00 a week. That is for 3 boxes of food. I think it is 27.00 per box but I usually buy one six pack of ready to drink box which is 2.00 additional. This week I bought two boxes of RTD and one regular box which made it $85.00. I figure that it isn't costing me much more than my old life style of eating junk. Maybe even less than all the take out food I used to comsume. IP is worth every penny.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:47 PM   #34  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyeQueLoca View Post
About how much do you all spend a week on IP and the food for your dinners? I noticed when I talk to the people I know on IP they never really talk about the price like its almost too much to mention. I even asked my soon-to-be coach and he didn't really give me a straight forward answer. I am guessing $120/week?
Crappy that your coach didn't give you a straight up answer. Here's what I paid:

At my clinic, the packets are about $4.00 each and $27 for a box of 7. So, for 21 packets (3/day), I spent $84.00, depending on what I bought. The boxed drinks (sometimes referred to as RTD vanilla or RTD chocolate; RTD = Ready To Drink) are about the same price for a set of 6.

If you're lucky, your coach/clinic will let you buy individual packets instead of having to buy boxes of 7. If they only let you buy boxes, ask about their return policy. I knew nothing about this when I started but really lucked out. My clinic sold individual packets and let me return packets on visit 2 and visit 3. I got to try lots of different things in the first 2 weeks.

The Cal-Mag and Multi-Vita supplements add up to approx. $50 for a one month supply (total for both). The Potassium (K-Cal) is about $20 for a 3-month supply.

So at my clinic, the weekly minimum average for Phase 1 would be $84 + 12.50 (multi & Cal Mag) + 7 (K-Cal) = $103.50

Quote:
Hi, i just started the diet, 3rd day. im really bored with my veggies, there doesnt seem to be much choice and im finding it difficult to eat 4 cups everyday. does anyone have any advice?
shindabug! You got a great tip from jency and 100ButterflyKisses about reading the recipe thread. May I make a suggestion about using those threads? When you're browsing the recipe thread, open word processing application so you can copy and paste recipes that appeal to you. Save the document frequently. So many people have read a recipe and then weeks later couldn't find it when they wanted it. It will be infinitely easier if you have a copy of your favourites on your own computer.

Also, what is it about the veggies that's difficult? We've covered off the boredom with variety and recipes. So, is it that 2 cups in one sitting feels too much? Processing the fiber? We can probably help if you get a little more specific what's challenging you.

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 11-06-2010 at 08:05 PM.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:48 PM   #35  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Some of my favorite veg. are not on the protacol, so I adjusted to the ones that are. I have added turnips to my stir fry, never thought I would eat turnips. They absorb the flavor of the stir fry. I do have my favorites out of the allowed veg. I remember in the beginning the 4 cups seemed over whelming, but after a while not so. I have enjoyed IP. I have enjoyed watching my body change and I am really happy with the results. I am a walking billboard of what success looks like and I am not alone. I am glad to have my figure back and I don't plan to cover it up with fat again. As you walk through this journey you will go through quite a few changes. I have found that as my body changed my mindset toward food changed, how I see myself changed and now I look at other over weight people in a different light. My heart goes out to them. I think, if they only knew they don't have to live that way. I also realize not everyone wants to make a change. Have a great day. Judy
Old 11-06-2010, 06:37 PM   #36  
=^..^=

S/C/G: 169 / 169 / 140

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
I can't wait to have dancing things to show my weight loss...when and how do I get those...
Read below what eatants posts in every day's first thread and check out that ultimate signature and ticker link. I checked and you joined on Oct 22, so you should be able to create your signature on Nov 11 or 12.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatAnts View Post
Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quote:
another to our newest newbie!

What others have said about sticking with it, keep eating the veggies and give yourself a little time, read recipes (i'm svelting's advice about saving them in a separate document is really smart. Can't tell you how many times I have searched the word "cauliflower" in the two different recipe threads!). Don't short-change yourself on the 4 cups of veggies every single day as you might then experience what we call "the big C" (constipation), which is no fun.

It also may help us to give you better advice if you tell us what you are eating for your veggies, so feel free to give us the details. Everyone here wants to help and watch you succeed!
Old 11-06-2010, 06:46 PM   #37  
tcswain

S/C/G: Started IP 09/26/2010

Height: 5'4"

Went in for WI today -- lost an additional 3.8 pounds for total of -27.8 pounds since 9/25/2010. I even had a stressful week but managed to stay on protocol.

My husband called me on the way home and asked me to pick up winterizer for the lawn (we have had a long fall) and so I stopped on the way home from town to do that. The bag weighed 25 pounds. It hit me on the way home that I had actually lost more than that -- and how much 25 pounds is and what it felt like to pick up that bag My recommendation is that if you think you haven't lost much, go pick up a bag or two of something that equals about what you lost and see what it feels like -- it is a great motivational tool
Old 11-06-2010, 06:46 PM   #38  
here I am again :(

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/135

Height: 5'5

Hey everyone I would like to share a weird experience I had today when my mother saw me after 2 weeks. When she saw me going inside her house she gave me a weird look and said "Oh my God is this my daughter, or is it somebody else?". I felt weird, and then she said: I cant believe how different you look, you look like a different person and she started crying, then she said that she was so used to to see me fat that it was a big impression for her. She was happy that I've been loosing weight, but what happenned to her? she even told me that she was afraid that I could get sick, which sounds exagerated I think.
Old 11-06-2010, 06:59 PM   #39  
here I am again :(

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcswain View Post
Went in for WI today -- lost an additional 3.8 pounds for total of -27.8 pounds since 9/25/2010. I even had a stressful week but managed to stay on protocol.

My husband called me on the way home and asked me to pick up winterizer for the lawn (we have had a long fall) and so I stopped on the way home from town to do that. The bag weighed 25 pounds. It hit me on the way home that I had actually lost more than that -- and how much 25 pounds is and what it felt like to pick up that bag My recommendation is that if you think you haven't lost much, go pick up a bag or two of something that equals about what you lost and see what it feels like -- it is a great motivational tool
ha,ha,ha that is so true I lost the weight of my 2 year old son and that's a lot of weight!
Old 11-06-2010, 07:43 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 182/146/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
My recomendation is 1. check out the recipe section or 2. find something you like and eat it til your sick of eat then find a new something!
I eat cucumber for lunch every day. The only difference is if I drizzle it with EVOO or grapeseed oil and what type of MRS.Dash it gets! I know that sounds way boring but it works for me as I have to pack a lunch 5 days a week. Its a no brainer and it fills me up, and they are kinda like delusional chips (LOL)!!!! I also take a container of head lettuce and pour the leftover oil/seasoning on it for a munchy snack. Killing a whole lot of birds with one stone! Veggies, Oil, Salt, and Lettuce!
Occasionaly if I am feeling wild and crazy (again LOL) I might add celery or radish! Change things up a bit.

Last edited by Pegsi; 11-06-2010 at 07:50 PM.
Old 11-06-2010, 07:52 PM   #41  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegsi View Post
I also take a countainer of head lettuce and pour the leftover oil/seasoning on it for a munchy snack. Killing a whole lot of birds with one stone! Veggies, Oil, Salt, and Lettuce!
Occasionaly if I am feeling wild and crazy (again LOL) I might add celery or radish! Change things up a bit.
Crazy carnivore. Munchy snakes; killing, and presumably eating, birds -- with or without stone. Frankly, I don't know where you get the energy.

Oh, I guess that was snack. Well, whatever.

Last edited by Linden; 11-06-2010 at 08:00 PM.
Old 11-06-2010, 08:10 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 182/146/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Crazy carnivore. Munchy snakes; killing, and presumably eating, birds -- with or without stone. Frankly, I don't know where you get the energy.

Oh, I guess that was snack. Well, whatever.
No you were right the first time Linden it did say snakes I went back and fixed my spelling mistakes (at least some of them) I need spell check! And I am a carnivore, almost, besides the bread I miss meat! Iknow we get 5 oz. for supper but thats almost sad. Don't get me wrong I love IP and what it is doing for me but there are days...
Old 11-06-2010, 08:27 PM   #43  

Quote:
Originally Posted by petiteandcute View Post
Some of my favorite veg. are not on the protacol, so I adjusted to the ones that are. I have added turnips to my stir fry, never thought I would eat turnips. They absorb the flavor of the stir fry. I do have my favorites out of the allowed veg. I remember in the beginning the 4 cups seemed over whelming, but after a while not so. I have enjoyed IP. I have enjoyed watching my body change and I am really happy with the results. I am a walking billboard of what success looks like and I am not alone. I am glad to have my figure back and I don't plan to cover it up with fat again. As you walk through this journey you will go through quite a few changes. I have found that as my body changed my mindset toward food changed, how I see myself changed and now I look at other over weight people in a different light. My heart goes out to them. I think, if they only knew they don't have to live that way. I also realize not everyone wants to make a change. Have a great day. Judy
Judy, I absolutely you and your posts! You are quite a woman -- so inspiring and humble and confident and compassionate and determined and a bit of firm but loving , all in a petite and cute package. I'm ing you on to your goal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcswain View Post
... The bag weighed 25 pounds. It hit me on the way home that I had actually lost more than that -- and how much 25 pounds is and what it felt like to pick up that bag My recommendation is that if you think you haven't lost much, go pick up a bag or two of something that equals about what you lost and see what it feels like -- it is a great motivational tool
Yeah, I carried 20 lbs of groceries up 4 flights of stairs -- by choice -- today. I had a similar thought when I reached the top, "I used to haul 3x this amount around EVERYWHERE!" On the hohum to mind-blown scale, this was definitely well past the midpoint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegsi View Post
Oh you daredevil! My goodness, what's next -- fennel or kale?

Speaking of kale, I tried a very simple kale salad tonight that I loved, and will put in the recipe thread.
Kale torn up into small pieces (My interpretation: nothing larger than 2" x 2")
Something acidic: juice of 1/2 lemon, 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar (I used a lime-garlic juice)
1/4 tsp sea salt
pepper
olive oil
nuts (Phase 1 & 2 you could use 1/3 cup of soy nuts)
tomato - diced (I didn't do this, tomatoes in my part of the world are watery and bland now. I thought about some thinly sliced red onion though.)

Rub the salt and the acid into the kale pieces. Let it sit for up to 5 minutes to wilt (cook!) the kale a little.
Add the olive oil and pepper. Toss the kale with the oil. Mix in the tomato. Sprinkle with the (soy) nuts. Serve.
Old 11-06-2010, 08:28 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 201/147/155

Height: 5"9

Hello all! I hope everyone is having a good weekend. I have a rather personal question to ask those of you who have been on this diet for a while-I have been taking Nature's Calm (has citrate mag. in it) for constipation since week 2. It has worked, but not real great. I "go" frequently but not fully-if that makes sense. Anyway, my question-what can I take that will make me go fully-really "cleanse" my colon so to speak. I'm afraid to take some of the things because they may be counteractive to the diet, but can't handle this going to the bathroom just a little 4-6times an hour! Thanks!
Old 11-06-2010, 08:33 PM   #45  
THE ONE AND ONLY!

S/C/G: 203/203/140

Height: 5'8

Iowahawkeyemom and I'm svelting-

Thanks for the breakdown. You are both right, that is not too much different from what I am paying for food now.

I don't know that my coach was purposely avoiding my question or if he just forgot to answer it. We went through ALOT of information on my visit.
Closed Thread