IP Daily Chat - Fri. 5 Nov. 2010

You're on Page 2 of 5
Go to
  • JonathanandZeus, thanks! I will be getting there shortly so I will contact you soon.

To others, is anyone else extremely tired? I am almost at the end of my third week and am exhausted. Any tips?
  • Quote: Well I'm so excited about this change (weight loss, additional energy) and I am making a conciencious effort to be more healthy in my everyday life... I was doing this Scrapbook page last week about my mom and in my journalling I wrote about her going back to school and how proud I was that she always lead by example and I realized that my daughter is following my lead so why not make my life the best I can so that she might feel the same way about me. So anyways my daughter is 9 and is on the chubby side. For the last few weeks I've been making huge batches of rice so she could have it with her meat at supper. Well this week she said well I'll just have some veggies too. Yesterday she asked me to go for a walk after supper which I thought was a great idea and so we decided that we could do this every night after supper. She was asking me questions about why I am on a diet when to her I seem fine and I told her about wanting to be healthier so that I would be around for as long as possible and about not being so tired all the time and being able to play more with her and she said well I want those things too. So I am going to focus more on making healthy choices for myself and helping her make healthy choices for herself so hopefully she will learn these behaviors instead of the negative ones that I have been living! It's just a new perspective for me and I am so happy to have made the connection. It gives me hope that I will acheive and be able to maintain this lifestyle.
    That is awesome! I guess we don't always realize how the little things we do influences others. Hope it goes well for you.

Quote: JonathanandZeus, thanks! I will be getting there shortly so I will contact you soon.

To others, is anyone else extremely tired? I am almost at the end of my third week and am exhausted. Any tips?
    I was very tired my first week or so, but a lot of that had to do with caffeine withdraw. Are you getting enough water and salt? And taking all your vitamins? You're body should have adjusted by now so if it continues, talk with your coach. As far as I know, by week 3 you should actually have more energy.

Rocky Monarch - I love you're suggestion of a recipe challenge! (although I'm desperately learning how to cook so won't have much to contribute! lol)
  • Quote: Well, I don't use the IP vitamins...found out it was cheaper to buy elsewhere. I thought I had checked into them and found them comparable. I am taking One a Day Women's formula and (I was mistaken) 3 cal-mags, 1 potassium, 1 vit-c, 3 omega-3, and 1 enzyme. Maybe I need to find the IP vitamin chart (lurking buried on this site!) and double check. Akkk, if I have to take another multi I WILL vomit....I have difficulties stomaching the 1 I currently take!
    I'm a little concerned with the One-A-Day for Women vitamin choice. These are pretty low grade vitamins. Centrum is another offender. In fact Centrum is the number one vitamin found at the bottom of portable toilets. (gross, sorry) It too am not a huge fan of the IP multi. Before starting IP I was on vitamin therapy through my Naturopath. Thorne products are very high quality and there are many others. Most multis sold at the grocery store are not that good and if you ask a nutritionist about them, most will turn there nose up at them.

As for getting ill on them...Some people are sensitive to the different formulas. My trick...If taking them in the morning, take it right after you have finished your morning meal. Not before it and not in the middle. For your evening vitamins. Either take them immediately after your meal or right before you go to sleep. Most people will sleep through the nausea.
  • Quote: I would like to be on the Christmas Challange but I can't figure it out..
    I have added you to the Christmas Challenge....you can input your weight by double clicking on the appropriate box, put in your weight and then click on Save Now in the upper right hand corner or you can post your weight in the 15lbs By Christmas thread & I will be happy to post your weight. Good Luck!!
  • Vitamins
    I have a friend who's a fitness coach, he recommends chewing your multivitamins if you want to absorb everything listed on the back label, otherwise you're getting about 10% of what's in there.

While I found the vitamin comparison threads, I could not find any hard data, so I started a spreadsheet with the IP vitamins and Walmart's Centrum Equivalent (what I had in the closet). I've attached a PDF of the spreadsheet. If anyone has a good multivitamin that you'd like me to add, please PM me a pointer to the info and I'll update it. I'd like to stick to well known brands or brands easily accessible on the net.

• Happy Friday all! Sounds like everyone is having a good one. I am having one of those "bumpy" days-I weighed myself and have gained 1.5lbs!! Don't know why because I have been protocal girl to the "T". Oh well, maybe it will come off this weekend-weigh in is on Tuesday. It seems like I have one good week, then BOOM!! the following weeks are slow. I guess as long as I'm losing! I'm just getting excited and would like to lose the rest by christmas so that I can take advantage of all these great clothing sales!! I'm thinking of not eating any restricted foods for the rest of the week to see if that helps.
    Hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • Quote: I have a friend who's a fitness coach, he recommends chewing your multivitamins if you want to absorb everything listed on the back label, otherwise you're getting about 10% of what's in there.
    Bleck! Chew them! Ugh! I wondered about the adult multi-vitamin gummies....but, alas, they had carbs n stuff. I will send you the info on the one-a-day later when I get home! Thanks for your comparison!!!!
  • Quote: While I found the vitamin comparison threads, I could not find any hard data, so I started a spreadsheet with the IP vitamins and Walmart's Centrum Equivalent (what I had in the closet). I've attached a PDF of the spreadsheet. If anyone has a good multivitamin that you'd like me to add, please PM me a pointer to the info and I'll update it. I'd like to stick to well known brands or brands easily accessible on the net.

Ok, here is the women's one-a-day site that has the breakdown. http://oneaday.com/womens.html
  • Quote: Well I'm so excited about this change (weight loss, additional energy) and I am making a conciencious effort to be more healthy in my everyday life... I was doing this Scrapbook page last week about my mom and in my journalling I wrote about her going back to school and how proud I was that she always lead by example and I realized that my daughter is following my lead so why not make my life the best I can so that she might feel the same way about me. So anyways my daughter is 9 and is on the chubby side. For the last few weeks I've been making huge batches of rice so she could have it with her meat at supper. Well this week she said well I'll just have some veggies too. Yesterday she asked me to go for a walk after supper which I thought was a great idea and so we decided that we could do this every night after supper. She was asking me questions about why I am on a diet when to her I seem fine and I told her about wanting to be healthier so that I would be around for as long as possible and about not being so tired all the time and being able to play more with her and she said well I want those things too. So I am going to focus more on making healthy choices for myself and helping her make healthy choices for herself so hopefully she will learn these behaviors instead of the negative ones that I have been living! It's just a new perspective for me and I am so happy to have made the connection. It gives me hope that I will acheive and be able to maintain this lifestyle.
    What an amazing gift you are giving to your daughter!!! She is able to learn with you how to be more healthy and will see the many positive effects it is bringing to your (and her) life! Way to go!!!
  • Salad Dressings?
    Hi,
    I am wondering about a salad dressing that I found in the grocery store.

It has less calorise and fat than olive oil (which is part of our plan) and 0 carbs and sugar.

So, I'm wondering - since we are allowed olive oil, can we also have dressings like these?

Any opinions/advice?

Thanks.
    That is so wonderful! And you used the power of attraction rather than forcing your daughter to eat veggies or start exercising! What a wonderful expression of your relationship! Her success growing up will be an incentive to you, too.
    WOW! that is great! That is definately and super duper NSV. Shows that our kids do see what we are doing even when we don't think they are looking.
  • Happy Friday everyone!!! Has anyone ever heard of a pregnant person doing IP? My coach had made mention to having a pregnant patient that is on the diet to stay away from gestational diabetes but I was wondering if anybody knew if any pregnant woman can do it, and if would there be any changes in their particular diet? I should be getting a blood test next week to find out if my daughter is going to be a big sister!!
  • Quote: It's just a new perspective for me and I am so happy to have made the connection. It gives me hope that I will acheive and be able to maintain this lifestyle.
    I think the new perspective is wonderful. I'd also like to put in a good word for your daughter and, what seems to me, an equally great connection. She sounds like one smart cookie.
  • Quote: Happy Friday everyone!!! Has anyone ever heard of a pregnant person doing IP? My coach had made mention to having a pregnant patient that is on the diet to stay away from gestational diabetes but I was wondering if anybody knew if any pregnant woman can do it, and if would there be any changes in their particular diet? I should be getting a blood test next week to find out if my daughter is going to be a big sister!!
    Because of the low calorie intake and little or no calcium, except for the supplements, I would not think it would be a good idea to be on the IP program while pregnant. The baby needs the extra nutrients and calcium to grow and be healthy. I would check with your gyn/ob doctor to be sure.