3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat - Wed. 3 Nov. 2010 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/216454-ip-daily-chat-wed-3-nov-2010-a.html)

JonathanandZeus 11-03-2010 05:43 PM

Weigh-In

I am so thrilled to report that I had my weigh-in this afternoon and I lost 8.8 pounds this past week!

A great result after only losing 0.2 last week.

I love this program :D

L

Audi74 11-03-2010 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonathanandZeus (Post 3551531)
I am so thrilled to report that I had my weigh-in this afternoon and I lost 8.8 pounds this past week!

A great result after only losing 0.2 last week.

I love this program :D

L

That's awesome. Congrats!

Mrs Diettrich 11-03-2010 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonathanandZeus (Post 3551531)

That's wonderful! BTW, I answered your other question about the avatar a few posts up from this one.

ginBAM 11-03-2010 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audi74 (Post 3551379)
About the peanut butter spread...do you think it would be good in chocolate pudding? I would love something that resembled a peanut butter cup (I do have an imagination, and I know not to expect an identical taste.) :)

I actually just had som WF peanut butter in my pudding, I mix it in the blender with some ice and a teaspoon of WF carmel, and it tast pretty good.
Figuer I need to use it some how.

Good luck

natchamp 11-03-2010 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnMyWayForGood (Post 3551323)
Does IP cause folks to become lactose intolerant?

Just a thought running through my head. I had a huge craving for milk a couple weeks ago, and bought a small bottle and had a couple swigs, and felt a little ill-to-my-tummy afterwards. I have NEVER had a problem before... as evidenced by the extreme amount of ice cream I would down in a week in my "former life." However, I was just really curious.

I tend to think two things: My body hasn't been used to a full-blown chug of milk in 16 weeks, so that was the cause. The other thing I think is that there is lactose in other products, surely, and I've had no ill effects. That would lead me to believe the first statement as the cause... but I sure hope to not be lactose intolerant in the end!

No, it doesn't cause lactose intolerance. However, remember that since we are not baby cows our systems were not designed to drink that type of milk. Goats milk most closely matches human milk. Many people are unknowingly lactose intolerant. After a lifetime of taking it is the symptoms are familiar and don't cause alarm. For example some people grew up as gassy children and it follows them into adulthood. Gassy = normal. :) hehe.

But now that you have removed lactose from your regular diet your body has gotten used to not having to digest milk. Suddenly your have given it a good swig and it's not quite certain what to do with it. Now your tummy is upset. The body also naturally produces less lactase (acid used to digest lactose) as it ages. Remember we drank milk as babies, but were weaned.

So are you lactose intolerant? Possibly not. Only a iGB blood test done through a doctor could tell you for certain.

SJackson 11-03-2010 06:56 PM

LOL Pumpky...I will definitely have to try that.

willbethin2011 11-03-2010 06:57 PM

I just had WI 8 yesterday and I am so proud to announce that I have lost a total of 43.5 lbs.
For the first time in my life I am actually planning, prepping, and cooking my own meals. Prior to this program I had been a fast food or carry out junkie. I enjoyed the occasional salad, but rarely ate any other veggies. By reading the recipe threads, I have discovered many wonderful vegetables that I never even knew I liked.
So I would like to thank everyone that contributes to this forum...without all of you I would not have the success I am having!

SJackson 11-03-2010 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BermyGirl (Post 3551509)
Hi....just curious....what do you spread the jelly and pb on?? I'm craving it as well but without bread....bleh. Oh what about the IP crepes? Do they make good 'bread'?

There is a recipe in one of the "recipe" areas that tells you how to make "crackers" out of the crepe mix. I haven't tried it yet, but will keep everyone posted when I do.

SJackson 11-03-2010 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willbethin2011 (Post 3551628)
I just had WI 8 yesterday and I am so proud to announce that I have lost a total of 43.5 lbs.
For the first time in my life I am actually planning, prepping, and cooking my own meals. Prior to this program I had been a fast food or carry out junkie. I enjoyed the occasional salad, but rarely ate any other veggies. By reading the recipe threads, I have discovered many wonderful vegetables that I never even knew I liked.
So I would like to thank everyone that contributes to this forum...without all of you I would not have the success I am having!

CONGRATS.....that's awesome!!!:carrot:

AyeQueLoca 11-03-2010 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joellio (Post 3551000)
lol I am doing OK with the chocolate thing but I think I am craving cheese We are listening to the radio and there is a song by Far East Movement that is popular right now... it's called G6 and everytime that song comes on I think of Cheese Stix!! LOL It is driving me nuts!!

HAHA that is hilarious!!! I know exactly what song you are talking about:lol:

Bama62 11-03-2010 07:56 PM

I feel like I am in a place in my life where I have never been before...I am in control of this process and am being very successful! I was down 4 lbs. at WI today! That's a total of 31 pounds in just 7 weeks. This forum has just been an inspiration to read each and every day. Thanks to everyone for posting everyday and keeping me inspired!!!:hug:

Addy 11-03-2010 08:08 PM

Hello everyone! It's been a while since I have posted but I have tried to keep up on reading.
It's been a great journey for my DH and I. DH has just started phase 3 and I am so proud of him and happy for him. He looks and feels great and is such a wonderful support. He's a member on here too :) I thought the smell of toast (I'm a bread junkie) would do me in, but so far, so good.

I missed my regular WI on Tuesday due to having a horrible cold but I plan on going in soon. My home scale shows that I have lost 6lbs for a grand total of 85lbs gone.. GONE!!

While feeling good and seeing the weight go is super motivation, I honestly couldn't have done it without my wonderful husbands support and the support and advice from these forums.

Wishing everyone a wonderful evening!

OnMyWayForGood 11-03-2010 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by natchamp (Post 3551608)
No, it doesn't cause lactose intolerance. However, remember that since we are not baby cows our systems were not designed to drink that type of milk. Goats milk most closely matches human milk. Many people are unknowingly lactose intolerant. After a lifetime of taking it is the symptoms are familiar and don't cause alarm. For example some people grew up as gassy children and it follows them into adulthood. Gassy = normal. :) hehe.

But now that you have removed lactose from your regular diet your body has gotten used to not having to digest milk. Suddenly your have given it a good swig and it's not quite certain what to do with it. Now your tummy is upset. The body also naturally produces less lactase (acid used to digest lactose) as it ages. Remember we drank milk as babies, but were weaned.

So are you lactose intolerant? Possibly not. Only a iGB blood test done through a doctor could tell you for certain.

Natchamp - This all makes a lot of sense, actually. Thanks for taking the time!

lobolexus 11-03-2010 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TennesseeLeigh (Post 3551139)
PetiteandCute - I ordered my Davinci sf syrups and my WF products from netrition.com

So, something weird I've noticed is that I'll have a couple of days where I'm not hungry at all and then the next day I'll feel like I'm starving. I'm not physically hungry, I've had my IP packets and lunchtime veggies, but I had a moment where I really wanted to go dig into something else. It's not even that I want to eat off program, I just want to eat something NOW. Today is one of those days. Luckily I made some soup for lunch with lots of veggies so my stomach is full. Just thought it was a little weird. This has happened to me a couple of times in the last week. I haven't cheated at all or even had higher carb packets, so I don't think it has anything to do with ketosis.

ifeel the same way. no rhyme or reason. i try to fight it with some hot tea.
I have a tough time right before dinner. Keep positive!!

AmyonIP 11-03-2010 08:32 PM

Hi all. Awesome to all who has NSV and great WI #'s!

Thanks SALESGOD for your craving input. It helps A LOT!
I just asked my daughter a few days ago what "G6" means, any one know?
Today for lunch I was actually full for the first time in 2 weeks. I had the IP Chili on my salad with onions, green peppers, and some WF Thousand Island. WOW!! It was awesome!! I am most of the time eating only the 2 cups for lunch and 2 cups veggi's for dinner and no salad. I think I should up my lettuce and cucumber intake because I get really hungry between meals. (Without the shakes though)
I also have been using Pumpkin spice. It's good in coffee with the Vanilla drink (splash) and its good in the lemon pudding too. Have a great night everyone!