3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat - Wed. 3 Nov. 2010 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/216454-ip-daily-chat-wed-3-nov-2010-a.html)

SJackson 11-03-2010 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonathanandZeus (Post 3550666)
Good morning all!

Big weigh-in today. Will post my results later on this afternoon.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

L
:dizzy:

Good luck!!!

kaarin 11-03-2010 09:47 AM

Good morning everyone!

EatAnts - hope you feel better soon and have a good WI.

Calgarygirl - so sad for your loss, but welcome back to this forum. From all the comments I read I could really tell you were missed.

Congratulation to all the great WI numbers and NSVs!!!

Well, I had WI #6 last night and only lost 1.5 lbs BUT I'm down 26 inches altogether with some good losses in the waist and hips. I'm also happy with 22.5 lbs gone in 6 weeks. Had the Big C and some water retention (I can always tell by my ankles), so that had something to do with the smaller loss. I think I just have to accept the fact that I have to take the Floralax several times a week to help out.
My coach says she hasn't figured out how to calculate fat loss vs muscle gain but said that my percentage of fat loss was high. So I guess that might mean I'm building muscle? I sure hope so.
Next weekend I go away to a conference and I really want to be below 205 by then. So my two main priorities this week - WATER and WALKING.

Have a wonderful IP day everybody!

AyeQueLoca 11-03-2010 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaarin (Post 3550759)
Good morning everyone!

EatAnts - hope you feel better soon and have a good WI.

Calgarygirl - so sad for your loss, but welcome back to this forum. From all the comments I read I could really tell you were missed.

Congratulation to all the great WI numbers and NSVs!!!

Well, I had WI #6 last night and only lost 1.5 lbs BUT I'm down 26 inches altogether with some good losses in the waist and hips. I'm also happy with 22.5 lbs gone in 6 weeks. Had the Big C and some water retention (I can always tell by my ankles), so that had something to do with the smaller loss. I think I just have to accept the fact that I have to take the Floralax several times a week to help out.
My coach says she hasn't figured out how to calculate fat loss vs muscle gain but said that my percentage of fat loss was high. So I guess that might mean I'm building muscle? I sure hope so.
Next weekend I go away to a conference and I really want to be below 205 by then. So my two main priorities this week - WATER and WALKING.

Have a wonderful IP day everybody!

26 inches gone is a GREAT achievement!! Good luck with reaching your goal!:)

Clarice41 11-03-2010 10:13 AM

Good morning everyone. Sounds like everyone is having a great week so far! EatAnts I hope you feel better soon.

My weigh in went great yesterday. I lost 4.5lbs and 1.8 inches! So much better than the week before. My coach said If things keep progressing, Christmas should be around when I go into phase 4!! I'm excited!!

Everyone have a great rest of the day!

Audi74 11-03-2010 10:18 AM

PumpkyParry- Congrats on now being able to feel your hip bones! I look forward to that day, too.

Does anyone have suggestions for using WF Apple Butter?

I ordered some from Netrition after reading a couple of things that sounded yummy, but I didn't print. When I search the forum, there's nothing recent found. The older posts only include recipes with pumpkin and we aren't allowed pumpkin. :?:

Thanks and have a great day!!

Mamadancer 11-03-2010 10:26 AM

Good Morning all! Just wanted to say "Good Luck" to everyone weighing in this morning. And I hope everyone has a great day!:D

damgi 11-03-2010 10:44 AM

[QUOTE=JollyCrewzer;3549384]Two weeks on the Mediterranean? Wow, that sounds amazing! I've never cruised there (I keep going back to the Caribbean)! What ship were you on? Did you follow IP or just try to eat sensibly? Even a 6 pound gain for 2 weeks would be OK! I always gain that much on a one week cruise! Sounds like you did great! Any tips you have would be appreciated! I leave in about 90 days for a cruise on the Allure of the Seas. I had planned on being in maintenance by then, but things aren't moving as quickly as I'd like.

QUOTE]

We were on the Brillianc of the Seas, planning Allure in May!! We basically "tried" to eat sensibly. By that I mean I still splurged on some pasta, cheese, occasionally bread. But I always tried to eat all my veggies and protein per IP. There was a LOT of walking involved so I really think that helped. I do not recommend going that far off protocol on a normal basis, getting back into ketosis is not fun. :(

My official weigh in last night (3 weeks after the last one) and I was only up 3.4!! :carrot:

I have decided to phase off for the holidays and start back on Phase 1 in January to get to my original goal. I am pretty comfortable with how I look and feel in my new clothes at my current weight. And my coach does say that Phase 2 is still a weigh loss phase. Anyway, if I find the struggle to phase out too difficult I will just return to Phase 1.

Today is day one of Phase 2, we'll see how it goes....

shrinkingsusie 11-03-2010 10:49 AM

Good morning everyone!! Have a great Wednesday!! :) Brandon told me he gets home on Dec. 21 not the 22!! I'll gladly take that day!!!!!!
I promised myself I won't be a scale (wii fit) hopper this week, and so far, so good!! :) I think I stay motivated seeing bigger drops than .1 here and .2 there! :)

Lesley 11-03-2010 11:16 AM

Hey everyone! I signed up for IP last night, and just had my first cappachino! I have been on LOTS of diets before, like Herbal Magic. Hopefully this is my last! Excited to start loosing weight!! Looks like you are all doing good things here!!!

JonathanandZeus 11-03-2010 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clarice41 (Post 3550812)
Good morning everyone. Sounds like everyone is having a great week so far! EatAnts I hope you feel better soon.

My weigh in went great yesterday. I lost 4.5lbs and 1.8 inches! So much better than the week before. My coach said If things keep progressing, Christmas should be around when I go into phase 4!! I'm excited!!

Everyone have a great rest of the day!

This is awesome news Clarice :carrot:

DanceMama 11-03-2010 11:27 AM

Good Morning! I'm so glad that I found this message board. I can spend hours pouring over all the information on here.
How do you handle your sugar cravings? With all the Halloween candy around I find myself wanting some chocolate.

Medicmom734 11-03-2010 11:45 AM

Good Morning Everyone!

Good luck on all the weigh in's today. Mine is Friday. Hard to believe that it has already been a month on IP! I am lovin it.

Hope everyone has a great day!

advocatemom 11-03-2010 11:45 AM

Morning all! Surprising SV for me today!! 179.6, which means 41 lbs in 12 weeks!!! Awesome! :-) have a great day everyone!!

salesgod 11-03-2010 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanceMama (Post 3550942)
Good Morning! I'm so glad that I found this message board. I can spend hours pouring over all the information on here.
How do you handle your sugar cravings? With all the Halloween candy around I find myself wanting some chocolate.

Actually, I got through Halloween without any temptation at all. My kids, of course, have loads of candy. I vowed that next year I would give out something besides candy at my house. A friend of mine suggested I hand out books of matches collected from local bars. ;)

After a certain point, cravings are mainly psychological, and can be conquered mentally. For example, fast food fries smell a lot better than they taste. If they tasted that good, we wouldn't cover them in ketchup before eating them (of course, ketchup is loaded with glutamate, which is why it's so widely used as a flavor enhancer). The same can be said for the cheap white bread buns that make a fast food burger a fast food burger. When you think about it, it's really there to make it more convenient to eat. It doesn't taste good. On the flip side, it's almost an insult to use really good bread in a burger application, as good bread can be enjoyed for its own merits. Just sayin'.

Personally, my recent Halloween experience was interesting, mostly because when I looked at some of the items my kids brought home -- the ones I would have taken as "tax" last year -- they really had lost their appeal. I didn't want them. I didn't need them. I wasn't interested in them. But I also took a moment to reflect on their taste. I know, it sounds weird. But since starting IP, I've actually been doing it a lot. I suppose my reason is that I've already experienced how certain things taste. And I have food memories. We all do. For example, have you ever had really bad Chinese food? Of course you have. But you only know it's bad because of your memories of really good fare. Now ask yourself, have you ever had a really, really good Snickers bar? I mean, they're all the same. And they taste, well, generic. If you've had one, you've had them all, so it's logical that one really would be sufficient for the sake of experience. I would argue that the experience of a Snickers bar is really kind of mediocre overall, and shouldn't be the kind of thing that lends itself to further exploration in the realm of taste. By this I mean that since eating a Snickers bar isn't the ultimate culinary experience, I can look at one, remember what they're like, recall the experience as good but not great and that, in conjunction with my desire to continue with my IP success, is enough to never really feel a genuine craving for one, much less the actual desire to have one.

And that is how I deal with cravings. :cool:

petiteandcute 11-03-2010 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EatAnts (Post 3550562)
Good morning!!

The daily round-up will be posted a little later this morning. I dealt with an awful migraine last night and now dealing with the migraine "hang-over", where your body aches all over and rather be curled up in bed still. I hope all of you had a much better evening than I. I'm slamming water now trying to get rid of everything my body retained from yesterday's meds before my weigh-in tonight.

Take care of yourself first. Hope you feel better as the day passes. Judy
Quote:

Originally Posted by pumpkyparry (Post 3550578)
My goodness, a NSV from left field. Yesterday I was looking for off black panty hose and they had no Queen size....then I thought, "maybe I can wear a smaller size now". After checking the weight/height range, I purchased a size "B" Control Top. Ta-da, drumroll, they fit great. Honestly I don't ever remember buying that size pantyhose. Queen or Queen plus , but never a "B". Thank you Ideal Proteien.
And, last noght while letting my dogs out, I was standing in the driveway and happened to put my hands on my waist....know what I felt.....hip bones! The surprises keep co
Marilyn

60 pounds makes a BIG difference, doesn't it?
Quote:

Originally Posted by iowahawkeyemom (Post 3550639)
I bet that was a GREAT feeling! I haven't bought any pantyhose since I started IP. Nothing worse than trying to put a pair on and feeling like a stuffed sausage. I really want to order an outfit I saw in a catalog for Christmas. Just not sure of what size to order. Maybe I'll order it in a smaller size to motivate me even more for the Christmas challenge. Thanks for sharing your great NSV with us!

Stay on IP and you will be smaller by Christmas. A lot can happen in 7or 8 weeks.
Quote:

Originally Posted by TennesseeLeigh (Post 3550684)
EatAnts - feel better, migraines are horrible. I had a spell with them last year and wanted to die.

PumpkyParry - way to go on the smaller pantyhose, can't wait to experience that myself!

JonathanandZeus - good luck at the weigh-in, keep us posted!

iowahawkeyemom - I say go for it and order the smaller sized outfit, should help keep you motivated

As for me, I had a huge NSV yesterday. My poor husband has been craving carbs something awful and going without since I do most of the cooking. Well, last night I decided to make him one of his (and my) favs, homemade mac & cheese made with all the good stuff. I made it and didn't take one bite, although I may have licked the spoon one time. :p

Also, I've been experiementing with the puddings and my Davinci SF gingerbread syrup. It's been extra delicious to add it to either the vanilla or butterscotch pudding. Gets me in the holiday mood!

Where do you buy Davinci SF syrup?