Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 02:49 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeIP View Post
Interestingly enough....... my whole life (starting at the age of 13 doc put me on low cal low fat diets) maybe I wouldnt of had to struggle with my weight for so long had I just questioned my docs and dietitians, but I thought they knew what was best for me ..... knowledge is power... one thing I have certainly learned is do your own research, gather as much info as you can and make your own informed decisions as these people were probably just going by what they were taught and never questioned it either. Linden I hope the damages can be undone or have been undone with you following IP.
I just spent the last hour watching these videos, and I just have to say, I'm Svelting, THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH. This should be required viewing for IPers. Amazing, amazing, and totally confirms our decision to do this diet. A great hour well spent.

Wannabe, I think its pretty cool that your Avatar is basically the famed Time Mag cover he talks about in the presentation.

Linden, ugh. We've all spent too much time on low cal, high carb diets, but this is especially irritating for you because its caused so many health problems. I know you'll continue to do well...

JC
Old 10-31-2010, 07:33 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 261/ 210 /190

Height: 6ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemary2612 View Post
: Ok - I lost the last two pounds to my benchmark of 100 pounds. I have 20 exercising bunnies and I made the Halloween challenge by the skin of my teeth. YES!!!!!! Thanks to ALL of you!
Rosemary that is AWESOME!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!! What an accomplishment! I am so happy for you!
Old 10-31-2010, 09:25 AM   #63  
Lorrie

S/C/G: 280/191/200

Height: 5' 8"

Happy Halloween everyone!

Watch out for the ghosts and goblins today!

Here's good luck to all today to resist those tempting chocolates!

L
Old 10-31-2010, 09:30 AM   #64  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Like it? I was/am made as H-ll. For two bloody years I faithfully followed the Kaiser registered dietitian's instructions, on a low fat, low cholesterol, high carb (mostly grains, pulses, and fruit), high fiber, 1200 calorie diet, and gained 20 pounds. And got sicker. And became pre-diabetic. I'm the poster child for everything the speaker says not to do. Lord, my teeth are grinding.
Ok, so like was the wrong word. It's nice to have confirmation that you've made a good decision to follow Ideal Protein, then? Two years of fidelity to that program is a testament to your focus and discipline. WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaCourez View Post
I just spent the last hour watching these videos, and I just have to say, I'm Svelting, THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH. This should be required viewing for IPers. Amazing, amazing, and totally confirms our decision to do this diet. A great hour well spent.

Wannabe, I think its pretty cool that your Avatar is basically the famed Time Mag cover he talks about in the presentation.

Linden, ugh. We've all spent too much time on low cal, high carb diets, but this is especially irritating for you because its caused so many health problems. I know you'll continue to do well...
You're welcome. I was hesitant to post about it because the material is not 100% congruent with IP or IP's recommendations for maintenance. I'm relieved that you, AmyonIP and Linden found it pertinent and useful. I'll put the link in the newbies thread; thinking about it now, I can see he covers a lot of material that would have been helpful in dealing with criticism of choosing IP.

p.s. I thought of our breakfast-faced friend Wannabe when watching it too! Maybe she should change her avatar to the original with the eggs and sausage.

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 10-31-2010 at 10:07 AM.
Old 10-31-2010, 09:45 AM   #65  
Goodbye Forever, 300's!

S/C/G: 355/282/200

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
: Ok - I lost the last two pounds to my benchmark of 100 pounds. I have 20 exercising bunnies and I made the Halloween challenge by the skin of my teeth. YES!!!!!! Thanks to ALL of you!
Yippee!!!!! Congrats!!!
Old 10-31-2010, 10:30 AM   #66  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Quote:
I am so Happy For You!!!! Wow what an accomplishment Rosemary!! God Bless You!!!

Quote:
Like it? I was/am made as H-ll. For two bloody years I faithfully followed the Kaiser registered dietitian's instructions, on a low fat, low cholesterol, high carb (mostly grains, pulses, and fruit), high fiber, 1200 calorie diet, and gained 20 pounds. And got sicker. And became pre-diabetic. I'm the poster child for everything the speaker says not to do. Lord, my teeth are grinding.
Oh Sista- I feel for ya.. I know I worked with a dietician a year- 1200 calories, etc, etc.. gained weight too..
I wish IP would make more food packets ARTIFICIAL FREE for those of us ( I am sure I am not the only one) who can't tolerate anything artificial crap in our bodies!!!!!! I am sad, weight has stayed the same for me..I really have to disipline myself to More whey drinks a day to get all my protein in- yuck yuck yuck! That's why I hesitate to post.. I Kept what I lost off.. so I know I can maintain this weight.. Now for the next 25 pounds...

Hugs to you all..
Old 10-31-2010, 10:55 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
The following was posted my I'm Svelting! earlier today in the Life After thread. I think it's too valuable for those of you who only read the daily posts to miss. Here it is. Please, do yourself a favor, especially if you are pre-diabetic or have Type 2 diabetes, and watch the presentations. Really, it should be prescribed for anyone who expects to follow this plan, through Phase 4.

"Came across this GREAT presentation
(http://www.fathead-movie.com/index.p...fiasco-speech/)
about diet, cardiovascular health and body fat. It's a guy giving a talk about how eating carbohydrates keeps us fat, the role of insulin, why the current dietary recommendations are what they are, and probably some other good concepts that I've already forgotten. It's in 5 segments, each between 12 and 15 minutes."
THANK YOU Linden for reposting this. What a great presentation!!! Any of you who haven't watched it - DO SO. I've sent it on to all my friends too.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:59 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Happy Hallowe'en

Anyone in the 20 lbs by Hallowe'en Challenge---don't forget to post your final weight today!!!!

The thread for the new challenge is open....15 lbs by Christmas. You can just click on the link in my signature to access the spreadsheet, if your name isn't on it, just post me and I will add it.

Have a great day!!!
Old 10-31-2010, 11:36 AM   #69  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Aw esome...what a great success!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileylisa View Post
If you can't find WF Thousand Island dressing locally you could try ordering it online. Netrition.com ships pretty quickly and there are lots of other great low-carb products. Read the nutritional info carefully, though.
Is WF Thousand Island allowed on program since it is not zero everything....I bought it and want to try the Big mac in a bowl, but am afraid that I might be off protocol.
Thanks for the info I will be placing an order tonight!![/QUOTE]

Last edited by darbs7; 10-31-2010 at 11:36 AM.
Old 10-31-2010, 11:36 AM   #70  

Journeysend, can I post it tomorrow since I have my WI then? Do I just post it on the spreadsheet? Thanks
Old 10-31-2010, 11:55 AM   #71  
Skinny girl in training

S/C/G: H 336 Start IP 292/236/170

Height: 5'10

Yeah my scale is moving again! I don't know if anyone else would be interested in this but I'm going to throw it out there..... I have a machine that cuts out vinyl letters and I've probably gone overboard at my house with phrases on the wall. However, I have found that it helps inspire me immensely and keeps me on track with the plan. If anyone would like me to cut some phrases out for them I would love to do it. Depending on the length and size of the saying it would only cost a few dollars to cover the cost of the vinyl.
Old 10-31-2010, 12:36 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 212.5/173/137

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyonIP View Post
On IP I no longer have the shakes. I got them all the time when I was hungry. Now I get hungry and hear my tummy growling instead. What a wonderful feeling to not have shakes! (Or lack there of!)
My husband and I have noticed the same thing. We both used to crash to the point of desperation and have to eat a sugared drink really fast to recover, which we knew wasn't good, but it seemed to be the only solution (pun intended) at the time.

Now neither of us ever gets crazy like that. Thanks to IP!
Old 10-31-2010, 12:47 PM   #73  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
The following was posted my I'm Svelting! earlier today in the Life After thread. I think it's too valuable for those of you who only read the daily posts to miss. Here it is. Please, do yourself a favor, especially if you are pre-diabetic or have Type 2 diabetes, and watch the presentations. Really, it should be prescribed for anyone who expects to follow this plan, through Phase 4.

"Came across this GREAT presentation
(http://www.fathead-movie.com/index.p...fiasco-speech/)
about diet, cardiovascular health and body fat. It's a guy giving a talk about how eating carbohydrates keeps us fat, the role of insulin, why the current dietary recommendations are what they are, and probably some other good concepts that I've already forgotten. It's in 5 segments, each between 12 and 15 minutes."
I've been listening this morning. These are great! I'd love to post them on facebook to share, but I have one doctor friend that would probably be a pain and I'm not sure I feel up to having this argument with him right now. It's definitely going to make my nutrition class in the spring more challenging! LOL

Last edited by Marionm; 10-31-2010 at 12:48 PM.
Old 10-31-2010, 12:58 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 254/246/180

Height: 5'8

Hey guys,

Just wanted to post and say that I made it through the tailgating & college football yesterday. We decided at the last minute to drive back instead of staying overnight so my planning was a lot easier. Also, I discovered I could eat at one of my favorite restaurants and be completely on protocol. We stopped on the way out of town and had lunch at Jason's Deli. I had all legal veggies at the salad bar plus a boiled egg and dressed it with oil and vinegar. I didn't feel the least bit deprived.

I didn't eat anything at the game or tailgating, I did have a diet coke (my only soda all week) though and my IP raspberry bar. Post game we went to a local place where I had looked up the nutrition info and I had four plain grilled chicken strips on a bed of lettuce with a WF dressing packet. They were carb free but pretty salty.

The only big problem I ran into yesterday was not getting all my water in. I'm just not down with using a porta-potty so I drank about half the water I usually do. Today I'm back to regular levels though so I think it will be fine.

Can't wait until my weigh-in on Tuesday!
Old 10-31-2010, 01:02 PM   #75  
Skinny girl in training

S/C/G: H 336 Start IP 292/236/170

Height: 5'10

Nice job Tennessee! It's funny how hard we think its going to be to stay on protocol, but then we find out we just need to plan and it's a piece of cake! Congrats on your success!!
Closed Thread